44

Now and Then: Our Existence
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

More than a week has passed by.

Byunghun has been trying to contact you nonstop.

But you were still frustrated about the other day so you just replied with one-word sentences.

Sometimes though, you would pick up his calls and he would apologize for God knows how many times.

What’s weird was, he didn’t want to meet up with you or anything.

 

 

 

You went on with your daily routine everyday. Working, working and working so you could keep yourself busy.

 

Soon enough, Byunghun had stopped contacting you.

 

*Hm? Weird..* You stared at your phone for a few seconds, expecting a call from him or a text but none arrived.

You shrugged it off. *Whatever..*

Checking the time, it was already 11PM so you doze off immediately.

 

             

 

Morning arrived late.

The first thing you did was check your phone.

Again, no nothing.

 

“..That’s really weird.” You groaned and got up from bed to take a quick, warm shower.

“What could he be up to now..” You mumbled as you put on your clothes. You sat on the couch and turned the tv on.

You kept checking your phone while you watched the program.

*Why am I feeling so anxious..* You started to bite your nails, a habit you had when you were worried.

 

You stayed at home today since it was a day off and just lazed around.

Throughout the day, your mind was on Byunghun.

 

*Sheesh.. Why am I even thinking about that jerk..* You huffed out a puff of air and laid down on your bed and slept.

True, you did miss him but you didn’t want to show it. He needed to wait more for what he’d done.

 

             

 

*Bzz*

 

Your eyes shot up.

 

“..It’s from him..” Your hands were shaking as you pressed the ‘Open’ button.

 

 

‘Bogo shippeoyo..’

 

 

*Doki-doki*

 


Another text arrived.

 


‘I’ll be waiting at Eurwangni beach.’

 


Your mind and heart fought yet again.

”..Should I meet up- Argh.. What am I saying!” You grabbed your hair and groaned in frustration.

 

You tried to keep your mind off of it and went to work earlier than usual.

 

             

 

“Hyerin?” You heard fingers snap.

“A-ah, nae?” You turned your attention to Dongjun.

“Waeyo? You seem out of it today.”

“Ah. It’s nothing.” You said as you waved your hand in front of you.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter