Medusa

Medusa

 

 

Omo, Jessica!” Taeyeon shouted in her change room. She looked really happy.

“Yes, finally I can call you!” Jessica replied very enthusiastic.

Taeyeon suddenly became serious,

“How are you, Jessica? It’s already one week since you disappear...”

Heard that question, with Lee Joon who sit beside them, Jessica could see that Lee Joon was dissagree to let her tell about it,

“I’m so sorry, Tae...I can’t...If I can tell you, I already tell you now...” Jessica finally said, sighed.

Taeyeon looked disappointed heard her answer,

“Omo, J...If you need me, just tell me,” she said and made Jessica almost cry.

Gomawo...”

After she finished call Taeyeon, Lee Joon saw that her eyes were wet. They’re in a beach now, because Lee Joon said that thay must avoid anybody knew their conversation.

“What? Why are you crying?” he looked really cruel when he said it. Jessica looked at him sharply,

“Really a cruel man...Even don’t know woman’s feeling,”

Lee Joon opened his mouth,

Mwo? I’m a cruel man? Ya! I let you call your friend! I bet she’s a drug seller too, like you!”

Jessica was really annoyed when she heard that,

“Then you will catch my friend too? Argh....you really, really cruel, Officer Lee. I don’t know what’s reason behind your act when you bring me here. You said that you want to save me. Tell me the reason!” Jessica shouted angrily.

Lee Joon couldn’t hold his anger too, he shouted back,

“I believe you can change your life, Jessica! I know your dark history! Being kidnapped and became a victim of human trafficking!”

Jessica startled,

“Officer...Lee? You find out my record past? How...”

Lee Joon looked at her, still looked angry,

“Yes, Jessica Jung, I found it! I can’t let a pure little girl become a criminal!”

Then he suddenly went quickly before Jessica could say anything.

***

“Jessie? You look sad...” Lee Joon’s mother sit near her.

“What’s happen?” she asked again.

“Officer Lee...” Jessica could only say Lee Joon’s name.

“Did you fight?” Lee Joon’s mother asked but Jessica couldn’t answer. Lee Joon’s mother sighed.

“Ah, that kid...He must be did something that made you sad...”

Lee Joon’s mother held Jessica’s hands,

“He’s a good man, indeed. Just ignore it when he maka you sad and angry...” she said and Jessica looked at her. Lee Joon’s mother smiled,
“Do you know why Lee Joon entered police academy?” she asked and when Jessica shook her head, she smiled once again.

“It’s because he has a high sense of justice. He believes that even if someone guilty there’s a big reason behind it. When he’s in junior high school, his friend ever caught in robbery trial. He knew that his friend needs money to cure his father’s disease. So he testified for his friend,”

Jessica looked at her,

Omo, really?”

Lee Joon’s mother nodded,

“Yes...”

Jessica sighed,

“But mother, sometimes he really make me annoyed,” she said. Lee Joon’s mother laughed,

“That’s nonsense! But sometimes he just feels hard to express his feeling. Just try to accept it. That kid is just like other kids, annoying but really good, indeed,”

Jessica smiled,

“Ah, I see, mother,”

Lee Joon’s mother smiled too,

“Come on. I want to make a cake for us. Do you like strawberry cake?”

***

At that night when they started to have dinner, Lee Joon still hid in his room. His mother sighed,

“Really...He’s really childish...Bring him here, Jessie,”

When Jessica went to Lee Joon’s room, she didn’t find him.

“Aish, really...Where’s he? So annoying...” Jessica grumbled.

Then when she looked at the window, she saw someone sit on the beach.

“What is he doing there? He can catch cold...He’s really troublesome...” Jessica sighed once again then she went to her room and took thick shawl.

Jessica ran to the beach and shouted,

Ya, Officer Lee! Mother is looking for you! Go home now!”

Lee Joon surprised,

Ya, why are you here? Go back!” he shouted back.

Jessica started to annoyed again,

“I know you angry with me, but don’t make mother worry about you! Go home now!” she shouted again.

Lee Joon shook his head,

Shirheo!”

Jessica sighed and walked to him,

“At least, wear this. I made this for my sister but you can wear it now,” and she put the shawl around Lee Joon’s neck.

Ya, what are you doing!” Lee Joon protested and tried to put off the shawl.

Jessica sighed,

“Look, I’m sorry. I’m sorry for being rude to you. But if you in my position, you will do the same. Now quiet and let me put this to you,”    

So Lee Joon couldn’t say anything when Jessica put the shawl.

“You know about my past. You know how hard my life is. But you can’t blame me, Officer Lee...My kidnapper put me in hard situation.” Jessica said when he put the shawl.

Lee Joon looked at her,

“There’s a chance, Medusa. For a better life...Don’t be like this,” he said.

Jessica looked at his back,

Mwo? Are you kidding? What a better life? I can’t escape from the dark circle of the trade, Officer Lee...You don’t know how this business works,”

Lee Joon looked at her again and said,

“You can change your life. Stop this dangerous job and start a new life...”

Jessica laughed a little,

“It’s easy to say, Officer Lee. But it’s not a simple thing to do,”

“Done,” Jessica suddenly said and looked at Lee Joon,

“I will say to mother that you want to stay here a moment, Officer Lee,”

When she went back to home, suddenly Lee Joon felt his heart was empty.

***