Medusa

Medusa

 

“Why she didn’t pick up?” Taeyeon grumbled. Morpheus looked at her,

“She didn’t pick up?” he asked and Taeyeon nodded.

“This is bad, really bad. Hades will kill us,” Morpheus said while started to smoke. Taeyeon shook her head.

“No. It will not. Hades didn’t know the full version. He just knew that there’s a police when she was in transaction and also that Jessica can run away,”

Morpheus sighed,

Aigoo...”

“I will take care of Vic until Jessica comes back,” Taeyeon finally said and Morpheus nodded,

“You’re right. We must keep Vic. I’ll look for information about how far Hades will react. I’ll contact you then,”

Taeyeon smiled,

“Thank you, Morpheus. I’ll try to contact Jessica once again,”

***

At the same time when Taeyeon called her, Jessica was in the kitchen, with the cabbage,

“That’s good, it’ll be a really delicious kimchi then,” Lee Joon’s mother smiled. Jessica sighed.

“You never make kimchi, don’t you?” Lee Joon’s mother asked. Jessica shook her head. Lee Joon’s mother looked at her,

Aigoo...ckckck. And galbi? Bibimbab? Or kimbab?” she asked once again. Jessica shook her head once again. In their home, it’s always Victoria who prepare the foods.

Lee Joon’s mother shook her head too,

“Then I’ll tell you everything that I know, Jessie. You’ll be a good chef then,” she said.

At the beginning, Jessica really hated her new situation. She must wake up early in the morning, and then went to the market with Lee Joon’s mother and after it they cooked together. Then she washed the plates.

At the early evening, she helped Lee Joon’s father for gardening,

“Yes, that’s right. You did it right. It’ll grow into beautiful roses,” Lee Joon’s father said one day.

“What’s your favorite flower, Jessica?” he asked. Jessica liked him because he always called her “Jessica”, not “Jessie”.

“Rose,” Jessica answered while smiled. Lee Joon’s father smiled too,

“Then let’s plant some roses for you. I’ll buy some seeds,”

Jessica surprised. Lee Joon’s father was so nice to her. She never felt it before. She felt her heart warm.

“Thank you so much, Lee Joon’s father...” she said slowly.        

Lee Joon’s father smiled once again,

“You’re welcome, Jessica...”

***

One day when Jessica finished wash the plates, Lee Joon’s mother walked to her,

“Come here, Jessie. I have something for you,” she said.

Jessica turned her body while grumbled. Jessie and Jessie again, she said in heart. I hate when she call me with that name, Jessica grumbled again.

 Lee Joon’s mother brought her to her room.

“Did Lee Joon say that I’m a designer when I was young?” she asked. Jessica surprised,

“No, he didn’t tell me,”

Lee Joon’s mother smiled,

“Ah, that kid. I hope you’ll like it, Jessica. I really want a daughter when Lee Joon was 5 years old. But then Lee Joon has a brother!”

“Really?” Jessica didn’t realize that she smiled too. Lee Joon’s mother nodded,

“Yes! I really want to make dress for my daughter but I don’t have a daughter. When you came here I was so happy! I don’t know if you like it not,” then she gave something to Jessica.

And Jessica shocked. Lee Joon’s mother gave her a really beautiful dress. It has simple design but it has so many thread embroideries. Its color was milk pink. Really a beautiful dress.

“So beautiful...” Jessica held her breath.

“Really? I thought that you’ll like a princess when you wear it. Sometimes young people like to go to party. You’ll be really pretty, my dear Jessie...”

Now, when Lee Joon’s mother called her “Jessie”, she didn’t feel annoyed anymore. Suddenly she thought how her mother will call her? She wouldn’t care if her mother called her “Jessie” as long she loves her.

“Thank you...thank you so much...” Jessica eyes started to wet. Lee Joon’s mother sursprised,

Omo, why are you crying?”

“I never feel something like this. You and Lee Joon’s father are so nice to me...” Jessica answered slowy.

Then Lee Joon’s mother did something that made Jessica want to cry harder.

“It’s nothing, Jessie...You help me too when you’re here,” she said while hugged her.

“May I call you mother?” Jessica suddenly asked. Lee Joon’s mother surprised,

Omo, of course! I’ll fell like that I really hava a daughter!” she smiled widely and Jessica hugged her.

“Mother, can you teach me how to make a beautiful dress like this?” Jessica asked.

Lee Joon’s mother laughed,

“Of course, Jessie!”

Jessica laughed too. She felt that now she had a family. She had mother and father. And she had Victoria and Taeyeon too! Her life was so perfect now...she never realized it. Previously he thought that she’s trapped in this house.

“I want to make a dress for my sister and my best friend,” Jessica said and Lee Joon’s mother nodded,

“Of course,”

***