Chapter Six

My hips don't lie.

'Hyuk, Kyu update!' Siwon yelled.

'It seems like Kim Kibum was a regular customer at the Heestory, the strip club.' Hyuk stated. 'He had taken a liking to Lee Donghae, a stripper.'

'We see no lead linked to the club though.' Kyu said.

'Think again.' Siwon said 'The owner of the club just got beaten up. Go to the hospital and get some info.'

Hyuk and Kyu looked at each other and were leaving.

'Oh and Hyukjae?' Siwon added 'Take that Donghae guy with you to the hospital.'

Hyuk opened his mouth.

'That was an order, Hyuk.' Siwon said sternly.

 

'Where are we going?' Hae asked. He was on the backseat again.

'You'll see.' Hyuk answered.

'No cuffs this time?' Hae asked.

Hyuk eyes looked at Hae's through the rearview mirror.

'This is not a game, Mr. Lee.' Hyuk snarled.

'You can call me Hae.'

'Why would I?'

Hae looked away.

'Seriously, are you pouting?' Hyuk said with disbelief. 'God, how old are you?'

'Hyuk, leave him alone.' Kyu said softly. He was a bit worried since Donghae didn't know yet that his boss was injured.

 

 'A hospital? I-I don't like hospitals.' Hae uttered. 'C-can I stay in the car?'

Hyuk was about to snap but then he saw the lost look in the younger. His eyes softened a bit. 'Don't worry, we won't leave you alone in there.'

Hae was clinging to Hyukjae. The cop could feel him tremble and sighed. 'Why are you so afraid?'

'People die here.' Hae whispered.

'People are born here too.' Hyuk said.

Hae's eyes widened 'I love babies.'

'Of course you do.' Hyuk deadpanned.

 

 'We are here to check upon Kim Heechul.' Kyu said at the reception.

Hae frowned 'Chullie? What is he doing here?'

They were lead to a room. As soon as Hae saw who the patient was, he screamed. He pulled away from Hyukjae and ran to his boss.

'Chullie? Chullie? What happened? Oh my god.' Tears were streaming down his cheeks.

'My y Hae.' Heechul whispered.

Hae's eyes scanned over his friend's body and he sobbed. He saw the bandages, the bruises, the swellings,...

He turned quickly and grabbed Hyuk by the shirt. 'Who the hell did this?' He screamed.

'Donghae, calm down.' Hyukjae whispered.

'But but but...'

'I know, I know, we'll find out and punish whoever did this.' Hyuk said softly. He held the crying boy.

'Kyu, go with Donghae and get him some coffee.' Hyuk said.

After the two left, Hyuk turned to Heechul.

'I'll tell you everything I know, on one condition.' Heechul choked out.

'Which is?'

'You have to promise me to protect Hae.'

'Mr. Kim...'

'He's in danger. Protect him.'