Chapter Eighteen

My hips don't lie.

Hae forced himself to get out of bed, to leave the warmth of the one that had captured his heart. He considered leaving a message but decided against it. He quickly got dressed and took off.

Hae texted Heechul, telling him he wouldn't be working for a while since he was taking a short vacation. His phone started ringing almost immediately. Hae disabled it and threw it in the trash container in the alley he just passed. It was best that no one could figure out who he had befriended. Since he was going to endanger himself, he had to make sure to protect people like Heechul.

He had researched the Moon clan gang. He knew their territory within Seoul and he knew their businesses. He had found out who were the leaders and what they were known for. Hae knew this was suicidal but something within him couldn't let this go and since the police had closed the case, he was the only one left.

He walked inside a bakery that was known to be Moon clan property. He took away the sign that asked for help and applied for the job.

 

Hyukjae woke up feeling fantastic. He stretched his limbs and sighed as he felt his muscles relax. He turned to his side and opened his eyes. He frowned.

'Donghae?' He called out. When no one answered he jumped out of bed and put on his boxers. He checked the bathroom and the kitchen. No Donghae, not even a note. He surpressed an ill feeling that was creeping up on him and got ready for work.

 

'I demand to see that damn monkey!' Heechul was screaming for the entire department to hear.

Yesung rubbed his temples and sighed. 'He will be here any minute now, please miss, calm down.'

Three seconds of loaded silence.

'What did you just call me?' Heechul bursted.

Yesung swallowed and started sweating.

'Listen to me, you little sadistic jerk, you get Hyukjae to appear in front of me right now or I'll cut off your...'

'Hey Mr. Kim, what's up this fine morning?' Hyuk spoke up, appearing behind Heechul.

 Heechul twirled around, grabbed Hyuk by the collar and dragged him to a more private place.

'Let go of me!' Hyuk yelled.

Heechul threw him in an empty office and locked the door behind them.

'What is going on?' Hyuk asked.

'Do you know where Hae is?'

Hyuk looked down. 'Not at the moment.'

'This is what he texted me.' Heechul said, stretching out his phone with the message on it so Hyuk could read it.

Hyuk noticed the deep lines in the other's face and started to read the message. He frowned.

'Do you know anything about a vacation?' Heechul asked.

Hyuk shook his head.

'You are the last one to have seen him, how was his state of mind?'

Hyuk blushed.

Heechul's eyes narrowed. 'What?' He snarled.

Hyuk shrank a bit.

Heechul grabbed his shirt and forced him to look him in the eye. 'What...did...you...do...to....my Hae?' he hissed.

'We had last night but this morning when I woke up he had already left.'

Heechul's jaw dropped. 'You slept with him?'

'Yes.'

'And he agreed?'

'Euh of course.' Hyuk frowned at the weird question.

'Were you gentle?'

Hyuk's face turned even a brighter shade of red. 'I think that is personal information.'

'You deflowered my baby, you better know I'm going to question you about it!' Heechul screamed.

'De....WHAT?' Hyuk was in shock.

'You didn't know? Oh Hae, you idiot. He didn't tell you did he.' Heechul sighed.

Hyuk had to sit down. He felt dizzy. Images of last night flooded his mind. Somehow deep inside he should have known it had been Hae's first time. There had been little signals. He felt suffocated and liberated at the same time. His heart was beating fast, his throat was closing and a smile appeared around his lips.

Heechul saw the cop's features soften. 'Wake up, you love sick fool, tell me where he is now.'

Hyuk snapped out of it. 'I-I don't know, he didn't leave a message.' His smile disappeared when he remembered that.

'You messed it up, didn't you?' Heechul's voice was threatening.

'What did I mess up?' Hyuk was confused.

'The . That is why he left without a word.'

Hyuk's eyes widened. 'No! He came! Twice!' He yelled.

'Well well well, didn't know you had it in you.' Heechul patted the other's head.

Hyuk got out his phone and tried to dial Hae.

'Don't bother, he has disconnected his phone.' Heechul said.

Hyuk was alarmed. 'He's up to something.'

'Yes and it worries me that his last known deed was giving up his precious cherry to an idiot like you.' Heechul said.

Hyuk wanted to protest but somehow that fact worried him too.