Compensate

Spades & Hearts II

"Come on girls, it's our turn to patrol in the forest." 

Jessica reminded as all four of them went out of their room and headed down to the lobby. Coincidentally, they met the Soldiers marching into the lobby as well. Nichkhun bit his lower lip and hung his head low. Taecyeon punched his right forearm lightly, mentioning him to make a move. Yuri stole a quick glance at Nichkhun and rolled her eyes. 

"Oh, what's up girls?" Jay waved at Taeyeon and Yoona. 

"What's up Jay and Khun? I guess you guys must be exhausted so it's Jessica and Yuri's turn right?" Taeyeon asked. 

"Yeah, let's go Jess." 

Yuri grabbed Jessica's arm, disappearing from the boys' sight. Taeyeon and Yoona eyed on Nichkhun, basically mentioning him to move fast. 

"Go on Nichkhun, Yoona and I will patrol with Jessica instead." 

Taecyeon patted his back gently, "Taeyeon's right Khun. It's now or never man so, better make up with Yuri or else..." 

"Come on Khun," Wooyoung groaned. 

Nichkhun shrugged his shoulders and sighed in defeat. 

"Fine, fine. I'll ask her out for dinner." 

Taecyeon and Wooyoung high-fived with one another. 

"Good luck bro!" 

Nichkhun rushed out of the lobby and chased for Yuri who was making her way towards the forest. 

"YURI!" 

He shouted as he dashed up in front of her. Yuri and Jessica turned around, creasing their brows in confusion. He caught up with his breath and mustered up all his courage to ask her out. 

"What?" 

Nichkhun placed his hands behind his back and looked at her sincerely. 

"May I take you out for dinner?" 

Yuri bit her lip and tried to make up an excuse. "I'm sorry, I have to be on patrol with-" 

"We'll patrol with Jessica Yuri ah," Taeyeon's voice cut her sentence off, making Yuri whine to herself. 

"Go on Khun, we'll keep Sica unnie accompanied," Yoona said sweetly as she went over to Jessica, linking her hands with hers. 

Yuri sighed in defeat, "Fine, but I have to change first." 

"Sure no problem. I'll change as well." 

Nichkhun and Yuri returned to the building, to their rooms and changed into much simpler outfits. NIchkhun combed his hair and smiled at the thought of Yuri giving him another chance. He shouldn't be messing up this time, or blowing up this chance perhaps. Yuri sprayed perfume on her neck and left the room quickly, while clutching onto a small purse in one hand. Nichkhun waited patiently for Yuri at the lobby while sitting down on one of the couches. He spotted a familiar figure going down the staircase, his eyes ogling with the gorgeous human being in front of him. 

"Nichkhun," Yuri snapped a finger in front of his face as he flustered. 

"Yeah, let's go..." 

Both of them went to town where there were shops along streets. They entered an old-fashioned restaurant as a waiter led them to their seats. The waiter flashed a smile to Yuri and was about to pull the chair for her but Nichkhun was much faster than him. 

"Thank you," she mumbled. 

"Hey Yuri, I'll just head outside to get something. You order first." 

"Oh...sure." 

Nichkhun gave a reassuring smile at her and left the restaurant. He went to the floral shop he spotted earlier while strolling along the streets. He eagerly paid the florist after buying a bouquet of lavender tulips for Yuri. He took a whiff of the flowers and grinned to himself. Heading back to the restaurant, he hid the flowers behind his back and smiled cheekily at Yuri who had no idea of what's going on. 

"For you~" 

He held out the bouquet of tulips in front of her sincerely, slightly blushing. A smile crept up Yuri's face, feeling touched by the bouquet of her favorite flowers that came from him. 

"Thank you," she received it with both of her hands, bowing her head slightly. 

"Those are your favorite right?" 

She nodded, "That's right." 

"So...did you order already?" 

"Oh, I ordered spaghetti for both of us. I hope you won't mind..." 

He shook his head, "Anything's fine and I don't mind of course." 

An awkward silence fell upon them until Yuri decided to break the silence. 

"Why a dinner date all of a sudden?" 

"I just uhh...wanted to talk to you." 

"What's there to talk about?" 

"Uhh..." 

Suddenly, Nichkhun felt himself drowning into a hallucination. He shuddered when he was lying helplessly on the forest bed; alone. 

"Nichkhun Horvejkul..." 

Voices echoed in the forest and nine familiar ladies surrounded him. Nichkhun's lips trembled, his eyes twitching at the horrifying view upon him. Taeyeon threw an icy glare at him, Tiffany scoffed as she rolled her eyes, Sooyoung, Hyoyeon and Jessica were sharpening their daggers, Seohyun and Sunny had their arrows aimed directly at him, Yoona tightened her grip on the handle of the spade firmly with a smirk on her face. And of course, he focused his look on Yuri and noticed a tear strolling down her face. 

"I hate you Nichkhun...for hurting me again!" Yuri sobbed harder, trying to pull herself together. 

Taeyeon took a step forward, narrowing her eyes, "Nichkhun Horvejkul. You have to pay the price for hurting our sister." 

"Let's get him girls," Jessica sneered. 

Nichkhun began to stutter and held his hands out, indicating to them to not go near him. 

"Yuri! P-Please I c-can explain! Yuri please!" 

Yuri took a few steps forward and bent down near him, their faces just inches away. 

"Too late Nichkhun. TOO late to explain anything." 

"No Yuri, please! NO! GET AWAY FROM ME!" 

Nichkhun shoved the ladies' hands away from him as he struggled from their firm grip. It was all over for him, he was going to die brutally. Everything was over for him until... 

 

"Nichkhun...NIchkhun," 

Yuri mentioned his name over and over until Nichkhun shook his head, erasing all the unrealistic events that was most likely to happen if he won't fix this properly. 

"Huh? What?" he cleared his throat. 

"You're spacing out too much. Are you okay? Our food's right in front of your face," she giggled.

"Oh......wait, why is there only one plate? Is this my order or yours?" 

She shrugged her shoulders, "I asked the waiter but they said that it's a couple dish..." 

Nichkhun examined the dish confusingly, "Is it? Well...would you like a separate order or...?"

"Nah, it's fine. Let's just eat normally because the serving is quite large. Half is yours, half is mine okay?" 

He smiled, "Okay then." 

Both of them picked up a fork and devoured in their meal. Nichkhun was hesitant at first but eventually his hunger grew. The two of them focused on the food rather than looking at their faces otherwise, they might get awkward again. Nichkhun looked up and spotted sauce on the corner of Yuri's mouth.

"Yuri you have some sauce on your lips." 

He laughed nervously and wiped the sauce off , gently with a serviette. Yuri felt her cheeks getting hot, mentally hitting herself. As they were about to finish, they ate the same strip of spaghetti. Coincidentally, their eyes met when they rose their heads up. Their eyes widened but Nichkhun made a move as he leaned closer to Yuri, slowly. She froze, not knowing what to do and waited for what was coming next. It's as if he was about to kiss her any moment so she shut her eyes automatically. 

"Nichkhun-ssi!" 

Nichkhun cut the piece of spaghetti with his teeth abruptly when he heard Victoria's voice. He turned around and saw Victoria waving at him along with Sulli. Yuri sighed and pinched her temples out of frustration. 

"Had your dinner already? Did you eat well?" Victoria questioned him sweetly. 

He made a hesitant nod, "Y-Yeah..." 

Yuri couldn't take it anymore and stood up, snatching her purse with her. 

"I'm sorry Nichkhun, but I have to go. Thank you for the LOVELY dinner," she emphasized on the word 'lovely' with much sarcasm. 

She bowed and left the restaurant with quick footsteps. Nichkhun dropped the fork in his hand and ran after Yuri. 

"YURI! STOP!" 

Nichkhun sprinted forward and caught Yuri's wrist, pulling her into an embrace. Tears were already threatening to fall from her eyes. They were in the middle of the street and people from the side were curiously gazing at them. However, Nichkhun couldn't care less of who were witnessing them but only cared about getting Yuri back. He turned her body around to face her and cupped her cheeks gently. 

"Yuri...I'm sorry. I'm sorry for being a jerk that night, I shouldn't have argued with you. I'm really sorry," he sobbed. 

She cried even harder, touched to know that he was apologetic. He wiped away the tears that were trickling down her cheeks with his thumb. 

"Will you forgive me?" he whispered. 

Yuri smiled and nodded, letting out her tears that she held back. Nichkhun flashed a toothy grin and encircled her waist, pulling her closer to him. He leaned in and kissed her tenderly. Yuri kissed him back while encircling her arms around his neck. Both of them were passionately kissing, amidst of the people cooing around them. They pulled away after knowing that there people around them. Yuri's cheeks were flushing red while Nichkhun only had his eyes for her.

 

"You think they made up already?" Yoona asked Taeyeon and Jessica. 

They nodded at the same time. "Of course Yoong~" 

Jessica smirked, "You know what we'll do to Khun is he would hurt Yul." 

"Besides, NIchkhun knows what is right. I mean...he's engaged to Yuri already," said Taeyeon. 

Out of nowhere, Yoona heard a whistle coming from somewhere. She looked to her left and narrowed her eyes, noticing the face that she always adore. 

"Taecyeon?" 

Jessica and Taeyeon whipped their heads to where Yoona was looking at and saw Taecyeon. 

"Taecyeon ah!" 

He grinned and walked closer to them. "Hey girls." 

"Why visiting us all of a sudden?" Taeyeon rose an eyebrow. 

"I'm sort of missing someone." 

Taeyeon and Jessica cringed at his words. Yoona covered her face out of embarrassment. 

"Aigoo~ wise words Taecyeon ah," Jessica teased. 

"Thanks Jess. Anyway, have you guys seen a Prince yet?" 

Taeyeon shook her head, "There's barely a single soul we could find. But don't worry, we're still cautious. Amber and Luna are helping us as well." 

"That's good to hear. Will you guys mind if I'd chat with Yoona for a while?" 

"More of like seducing than chatting," Jessica mumbled under her breath. 

Yoona shot a witty glare at her, "I heard that Sica unnie." 

"Go on Taec, I'll take care of Jessica here." 

Taeyeon pulled Jessica with her to give Taecyeon and Yoona some privacy. He placed his left arm around her waist, planting a kiss on her forehead. 

"Let's take a walk shall we?" he suggested. 

"Sounds good." 

"You should take care of yourself more. I really don't want anything to happen to you again, like last time." 

"I know Taec. You too." 

"You're out here in the forest without me so I decided to drop by to check on you." 

She smiled, "I'm fine as long as I'm not alone." 

"Still, be careful. Although the forest is quite silent and peaceful, a walk shouldn't hurt." 

"Hm, true. I missed you too actually, I was hoping for you to come and...you appeared!" 

He pinched her nose playfully, "You're delusional. Hey Yoona, once this is over...let's go somewhere, like only the two of us." 

"Now you are being delusional. Hmm...that's fine with me. Ah, I know an island near the Solitaire. Let's go there?" 

"An island? You mean like a deserted island?" 

"You don't know a lot of things about this world Taecyeon ah. Only my sisters and I know about that island." 

He scoffed, "Wah~ You guys must be blessed with lots of gifts from your previous generation." 

"I guess so." 

Taecyeon suspiciously noticed a wooden log burning. He released himself from Yoona and went closer to the log, carefully examining it. 

"What is it?" Yoona placed a hand over his shoulder. 

"Something suspicious. This log just began burning." 

He shot his head up and observed the branches of the trees. He recognized someone secretly hiding behind the bark of the tree, carefully standing on a branch. 

"An immortal!" he pointed to a certain direction and his voice garnered some attention from Taeyeon and Jessica who were running towards their side. 

"Where?" Taeyeon demanded. 

"Over there." 

 

Chanyeol smirked when he knew his cover was blown. His plan was working, he has attracted their attention. 

"Time to heat things up a bit." 

He remained still in his position and began to throw fireballs at them. 

 

Yoona used her strength to push the tree down and succeeded. They noticed him losing his balance and fell. Chanyeol winced as he got up quickly and threw a fireball at the fallen tree, blocking their way. The flames the branches and burned the whole tree rapidly. In a jiffy, a forest fire began.

 

___________________________

AYO GG! HEHE~ Merry Christmas Eve everyone! ^^ I'm so excited for GG's comeback ;__; Yoona's so damn pretty LOL actually all of them are xD Soooooo, be sure to catch their comeback mv! I GOT A BOY <3 1.1.13 okayokay, ppyong! 

tumblr_mfd1bucb7n1qlpcino1_r1_500.gif