Peace

Spades & Hearts II

Wooyoung and Leeteuk kept their hands by their sides, bowing at the leaders. Taeyeon stood still with her eyes oggling on both Max and Yunho. 

Max took a step forward, his arms behind his back. "We'll let you explain yourselves later. For now, Yunho and I will clean up your mess." 

Taeyeon found it hard to swallow with Max's words echoing in her ears. His tone and facial expression tells it all; he was definitely not pleased. She glared at Leeteuk who smirked to himself. 

"Come on let's go back to the portal," she said. 

 

Max and Yunho were the leaders of the Celestial Empire, the heaven for the past rulers of any kingdom. They can be defined as gods because they have the ability to do anything. Here they were, erasing the recent tragedy in each victimized citizen's memory. They were confirming that no one knew what happened earlier and everything just went back to normal in the blink of an eye. When they were finished, they went back to the portal where the Queens, Soldiers, Princes and Leeteuk were. Yunho made the whole group, including him and Max, concealed so that they were hidden from the people passing by them. They were covered in obsolete silence, no one dared to speak. 

"Alright. Taeyeon, please justify yourselves," Max said with a calm posture. 

Taeyeon cleared , paying her full attention to Max. "Your highness, we've done nothing wrong. Leeteuk is the one to blame for all this mess." 

"I see. Leeteuk may have started whatever this is, but my dear Queens all of you have broke one of our rule which is also disobeying us. Exposing your abilities in this world that we do not belong to." 

"Your highness, we have no choice. The citizens will be in harm if we do not stop Leeteuk and his Princes. We were trying to stop them, we were not trying to expose ourselves." 

"But still, we should've taken care of this instead of you. We know who enters and who leaves our world." 

Taeyeon bowed her head. "We sincerely apologize for breaking a rule your highness." 

Max turned to Leeteuk who kept his eyes at the ground. "Punishments should be received." 

"Max." 

Everyone gasped at Sooman's sudden presence. Max rose an eyebrow, "Sooman-ssi?" 

Yunho smiled at the older man, shaking his hands with him gladly. "What brings you here Sooman-ssi?" 

"I've come to settle this problem," Sooman smiled at Taeyeon who was grinning back at him. 

"But Sooman-ssi, they disobeyed a rule," Max pointed out. 

Sooman shook his head. "Let the Queens and the Soldiers go just this once. They will promise they won't break any rules again. The ones who should be receiving the punishment is Leeteuk." 

The Queens and Soldiers beamed with smiles on their faces upon hearing Sooman's words. Leeteuk's expression darkened, his revenge failed once again. 

"We'll give them a chance Max," Yunho convinced. 

Max sighed in defeat. "Alright, alright. Leeteuk will be punished, however the Princes must be punished as well because they played quite a part of the situation here." 

The Princes couldn't help but to have guilt and sadness written all over their faces. Taeyeon felt sorry for the innocent boys who were only under Leeteuk's control. 

"Your highness please, don't take away the Princes. They're innocent." 

"Fine, I'll take away their abilities as their punishment. In that way, they'll be mortals in our world." 

"So, are we good Max? Yunho?" Sooman asked. 

Yunho nodded. "Of course Sooman-ssi. Max, is this settled?" 

Max looked back at Leeteuk. "Leeteuk will have to come with us and yes, we're good."

"Alright then. Leeteuk you'll come with us and please take care of yourselves my fellow Queens, Soldiers and Princes. Good day," Yunho bid their farewell as they disappeared from their sight as well as Leeteuk. Sooman clapped his hands in satisfaction, everything went back to normal. 

"Mission accomplished ladies and gentlemen. I showed up to rescue you from Max's punishment so you should thank me," Sooman joked. 

Taeyeon giggled. "Thank you Sooman-ssi. Without your help, we won't be here by now." 

"Yeah you're the best Sooman-ssi," Wooyoung grinned. The group let out a chuckle. 

"You're welcome! Well it's time for me to go and for you highnesses to go back to the Solitaire."

Sooman made his way towards Taecyeon who appeared lost in his thoughts. Sooman placed a hand on his shoulder, waking him up from his thoughts. 

"Oh Sooman-ssi..." 

"Taecyeon I'm truly sorry about your mother." 

He shook his head. "It's alright Sooman-ssi, I'm fine now." 

Sooman gave a bitter smile. "So I thought that you might need a new home and I've decided to invite you in our family." 

Taecyeon rose his head up, not believing what Sooman said. "I can...stay in the Solitaire now?" 

"Yes, Taecyeon you may." 

Taecyeon couldn't contain his jubilance, he hugged Sooman tightly. Sooman patted his back, grinning from ear to ear. 

"Taeyeon! Welcome your newest member of the Solitaire~" Sooman gestured at Taecyeon. The Queens squealed in delight, the Soldiers pulled Taecyeon in for a group hug. 

"Finally Taec!" Jay hung his arm around Taecyeon's neck and ruffled his hair. 

"Glad to have you now bro," Nichkhun grinned. 

"Shall we go then?" Wooyoung asked. 

Just then, Taecyeon thought about Yoona who was here in Seoul. He couldn't just leave her alone. "Wait guys! I forgot to do something..." 

Taecyeon went up to Ian and took out a piece of paper and pen from his pocket. Ian cluelessly watched him scribbling stuff on the paper. 

"Ian, you're a really great buddy of mine. Will you do me a favor?" 

"Anything Taec." 

"Can you stay here in Seoul and call this number. You have to say what I wrote on this paper alright?" 

Ian creased his brows. "Wait, what for?" 

"I need to do a favor to a friend and since I can't make it, I want you to do the favor instead. Please?" 

"Okay, I get it..."

Taecyeon took out his phone and handed it to Ian. "She's a special friend so don't worry about her. Also, please take good care of her, alright?" 

Ian took the paper and his phone away. "Your friend is a she?" 

"Yeah...and I think you'll like her," Taecyeon smiled. 

"Okay Taec. Well then I guess...this is goodbye?" Ian stuck out his hand. Taecyeon and Ian shook hands while the group stared at them in confusion. 

"Hey guys, I think I want to stay here in Seoul," Ian winked at Taecyeon. 

"What?" they said in unison. 

Yoona stood beside Taecyeon, lost in the situation. "You're staying here Ian?" 

Ian nodded. "It was a pleasure meeting you guys. But anyway! Go ahead, time is ticking away. I've gotta go." 

Taeyeon shook her head, reading Taecyeon's mind. "We'll see you around Ian." 

"Bye guys!"

The Queens, Soldiers and Princes bid a farewell to Ian as they entered the portal one by one. Ian sighed, scratching his head as he glanced at the paper and Taecyeon's phone. He dialed the number into the phone and held it against his ear. 

"Hello?" a soft and delicate voice rang in his ear. 

"Hi, Yoona is it you?" Ian read from the paper. 

"Yes it's me." 

"This is Taecyeon and would you meet me at the park right now?" 

"Okay, I'll be there in five minutes~" 

Ian hung up and wondered why the girl had the same name as Yoona. Even her voice was familiar with Yoona's. Ian sat on one of the benches, patiently waiting for the girl who was about to meet him. 

"Oppa!" Ian looked to his right and stared at the girl running towards him. He couldn't believe the girl looked exactly like Yoona. A smile crept in his face and got the idea why Taecyeon wanted him to do this favor. 

"Are you okay? Why did you call me?" she asked innocently.

Ian blinked a couple of times. "Nothing..." he peeked at the paper, wanting to know what to say next. "Would you like to go for dinner?" 

Her eyes twinkled. "Sure!" 

Ian smiled. "Why don't you choose the place this time?" he still read from the paper. 

"Okay then~" 

After that a short note was written at the bottom of the page saying, 'You'll take it from here and take care of her bro!'. He was thankful to Taecyeon for giving him a new life and an opportunity to love. 

 

"Welcome home~" Yoona whispered in Taecyeon's ear as they took a moment to view the Palace in front of them wile the rest of the gang couldn't wait to get home. This was now his place, his new home and his new start. 

"I'm glad to finally call this place my home." 

"Well be more pleased since you'll be stuck with me for who knows how long," Yoona stuck out her tongue. 

Taecyeon hung his arm around her shoulder. "Right, for a second there I forgot about that." 

Yoona punched his arm. "You forgot me huh?" 

He snickered. "I'm just kidding Yoongie~"

She rolled her eyes. "Oh you better be."

They strolled back to the Palace where they always felt it was home. A fiest was prepared for the Queens and Soldiers when they entered the dining room. All of them had their mouths watering, rushing to their seats quickly. 

"Where did the Princes go?" Wooyoung whispered in Taeyeon's ear. 

Taeyeon leant towards his ear and whispered back, "I sent them to an apartment where they can stay at. Don't worry they'll be fine."

Wooyoung smiled, happy to know the Princes were not left out. "Cheers to the Solitaire!"

"CHEERS!" Everyone rose their glasses in the air and celebrated the night. 

 

Taecyeon and Yoona took a stroll in the garden, after their celebration. Their clasped hands were swaying ocassionally as they chatted. To Taecyeon, it wasn't just any ordinary night. They stood at a corner, staring up at the moon and the stars. Taecyeon hugged Yoona from behind, his arms encircled around her waist, Yoona leaning against his chest. 

"It's so crazy," he said. 

Yoona turned to look at him. "What?" 

"I've never experienced a life like this. It's kind of a miracle to me."

"Well, it's to let you know that miracles do happen." 

"Guess so but you coming into my life, far by extraordinary," he held her hands tightly. 

She bit her lip, turning back to gaze at the stars. "Who would've known I ended up with a typical guy. I thought I was going to end up with a King or a Prince." 

"Too bad that's not the case now hey?" 

"But still, I think it's gonna be a happy ending." 

Taecyeon grinned, taking this moment as a chance for him. "Speaking of happy endings, I want to tell you a happy ending," he released his arms from her and took her hands in his, making her face him. Yoona rose an eyebrow, confused at what Taecyeon was doing. "A Soldier and a Queen met one day. The Soldier fell for the Queen so deeply, he knew she was the one for him. One fine night, they were strolling at a garden and the Soldier suddenly bent down on one knee," Taecyeon went down, kneeling in front of her, "And pulled out a ring saying, 'Will you marry me?' And the Queen responded..." 

Yoona felt her eyes b with tears, touched by his words. She stared into his eyes, as if she was trying to read his mind. Her eyes turned to the beautiful silver ring and then back to him. Taecyeon gulped, waiting anxiously for her answer. 

"The Queen said, 'Yes', letting him know that she was also madly in love with him," Yoona whispered into his ear in which made Taecyeon break into a wide grin, slipping the ring into her finger gently and carried her up in the air, twirling themselves around. They laughed wholeheartedly until Taecyeon put Yoona back down on her feet, staring into her eyes with so much emotion. Leaning in carefully, their lips were sealed with a kiss. 

"Hooray for Taecyeon and Yoona! WOHOO!" the couple broke away when they noticed the group cheering wildly. They shook their heads, as the rest huddled over them. 

"Sorry Taec, these people over here wanted to break the moment," Taeyeon pointed at the group behind her. 

"Yoong! Finally you're engaged!" Yuri spread her arms and hugged her. 

Nichkhun patted Taecyeon's back with a smile, "Congrats bro we've been actually waiting for this to happen." 

"For real?"

"Duh!" Wooyoung snickered, "You two are the ones holding us back from planning the Wedding Day." 

"Alright, fine, but still you guys definitely ruined our moment." 

"Nah it was too romantic, you can't miss it," Nichkhun chuckled. 

"So when is the wedding day Tae?" Sooyoung clasped her hands in excitement. 

Taeyeon placed a finger under her chin. "Hmm...soon girls! So guys, prepare your dresses and tuxes!" 

 

________________________________

it's the final chapter next guys boohoo :(