The North Club

Spades & Hearts II

All the groups divided, some heading north, some head south and the remaining headed to the east. Taeyeon's group was heading towards the North Club and they have decided to mark that as their first journey out of the other three districts. However, the clouds turned grey as rain pelted down from the skies. Everyone took out their own umbrellas, covering themselves to keep them dry. The guys were being thoughtful gentlemen by insisting to hold the umbrellas instead of the ladies holding them. Each pair began to chat between themselves. 

"So, how long do you think will it take to reach there? You're from the North Club right?" 

Hyoyeon asked Junho, who was tugging onto his sleeve. 

"Shouldn't you Queens know?" 

She shrugged, "We haven't visited the place for a long time so..." 

"We'll probably reach just before sun down. By dusk I guess, since it's noon right now." 

"I wonder how you managed to survive. It's kind of amazing actually." 

"We made it through because we had faith in ourselves. Luckily, god helped us and so we survived." 

"It was a good thing that your survived also because I got the chance to get to know you." 

Junho held her hand and smiled. "I'm thankful for this miracle too." 

 

Yonghwa and Seohyun chatted with each other, while walking along the trail in the forest. Seohyun shivered when she felt a sudden gust of wind that blew against her own body. 

"Come nearer to me." 

"It's o-okay, I'm fine." 

Yonghwa encircled his left arm around her waist, pulling her closer to his own body. 

"Shivering in the rain tells me you're not." 

"It's really cold though." 

"No worries, I'll keep you warm." 

"Cheesy much oppa." 

"What? Be proud that your soon-to-be husband is taking care of you 24/7~" 

"Better make sure you're a good husband in the future." 

He winked at her, "Trust me I will." 

 

"You know, you should just let me hold the umbrella. You're letting yourself get wet in the rain." 

Taeyeon noticed Wooyoung's left sleeve and even his left ear, having droplets of water on the surfaces. 

"Nah, our suits are waterproof anyway and I won't get sick if it's just my ear that's wet." 

"At least cover yourself too. I don't want you catching onto a cold." 

"But you'll get wet instead!" 

"I won't, I'll just stand closer to you then it'll be fine." 

"That's a great idea too~" 

Wooyoung chuckled to himself when he placed an arm around Taeyeon's shoulder, standing closer to her.

"Yah, what are you doing?" 

"What? I'm standing close to you right?" 

"I didn't mention any arms around me." 

"Oh come on, just enjoy being in Jang Wooyoung's care." 

"More of like you need to be in Kim Taeyeon's care," she chuckled. 

 

Yoona linked arms with Taecyeon as he held the umbrella while walking. 

"How did you cope when I was gone?" he asked. 

"I trained myself a lot, practicing new skills." 

"And?" 

"The boys and my sisters kept me accompanied." 

"I'm jealous of the boys then." 

"However, they have dates so sometimes I'm lonely as well." 

"You must be dying of boredom." 

She smiled, "I guess so. I wasn't really that bored since Yuri would always talk to me about Nichkhun oppa." 

"Really? Looks like Yuri has really gotten crazy over Khun." 

"I know! It's either Nichkhun this, or Nichkhun that. I'd rather hear stories from you." 

"My toes are curling up." 

She giggled and punched his shoulder lightly.

"How about you, oppa?" 

He bit his lip, stealing a glance of her. 

"I...uhh...had a busy time at work." 

"You work? At where?" 

"I work at a restaurant back in Seoul." 

"Oh, interesting. What do you work as?" 

"I serve customers at the bar..." 

Yoona rose her eyebrow, "Bar? You mean the place where you drink?" 

"Yeah...hey don't look at me like that! I just serve people that's all." 

"But you have to admit, you drank alcohol in that place and eventually got drunk." 

Taecyeon's eyes grew wide, "How did you know?!" 

"I can tell Taec. Besides, you're good at drinking anyway."

"But I only drank once and only once. I swear." 

"Nah, it's okay oppa. As long as you don't cheat on me you know." 

Taecyeon heaved a sigh and held her hand more tightly. He was afraid that Yoona might be upset with him if he would talk about the group back in Seoul but he wanted to get rid of his own burden that was building up inside him. 

"Hey, Yoona...actually I have a confession to make." 

Yoona looked up at his face and paid close attention to him. 

"What is it?" 

"When I went back to Seoul, I met another group that resembles exactly like all of you. What I meant is that, I work with them and...I get to meet another...Yoona...like you." 

Yoona creased her brows, "How absurd. Another 'us'. So what are you trying to say?" 

"I feel bad because she isn't you nor you're her and sometimes I get confused that I'm actually falling for another person who just resembles you." 

"So you weren't actually lonely during the past year. How lucky of you." 

"But Yoona, you don't have to worry. The Yoona in Seoul, we remain as friends and just friends. Her appearance captivates me but I know it doesn't feel the same. I'm always reminding myself to be careful everytime." 

"Actually, you don't have to worry Taec. I mean like, she's me and I'm her only difference is I belong to a fantasy world." 

"But...the person I love isn't the same." 

Yoona felt touched by what he said, slightly blushing. "How flattering to know..." 

"Yoona, I'll always love you and you know that. I have been keeping my promise to you well." 

She sighed, "This is reason why I've been missing you a lot is because I love you too much and I just hate how we can't be together at times." 

Taecyeon stopped walking and turned to face her. He placed his hands on her shoulders and focused on her eyes intently. 

"What's important now is that we're together and we have to cherish these times very carefully. Now, I'm here to keep you safe again." 

He lifted up her chin and his lips found hers. Both of them parted after a few seconds and Taecyeon planted a kiss on her forehead. They continued walking along the path ahead of them as the curtain of rain beat down from the skies. 

 

"Hyung, they've started searching for us." 

Baekhyun, Luhan and Xiumin bowed to Leeteuk out of respect. They were hiding in the mansion of the Kings which camouflaged well in the forest, making it invisible towards anyone's vision. Leeteuk set aside his books and papers on his desk and focused on the three boys. 

"Every single one of them?" 

Luhan shook his head, "Two of them stayed in Spades hence, our area is still protected." 

"Although most of them went off to look for the other 9 members," Baekhyun added. 

"Thank you for informing me. Let them be, once they've found the others and returns here in Spades please report to me at once." 

"Yes Leeteuk hyung." 

The three of them left Leeteuk's room briskly and quietly. Leeteuk sighed and rested his back against his swivel chair. He remembered each and every one of his creations. 

He prepared 12 human incubators and placed them one by one according to their abilities. He passed by each tube naming every single one of them. 

Stopped by the first one and thought of a name. "I'll name him Suho, the guardian. The water element as well as the overall leader of my minions." 

He started passing by the next few tubes and nodded along the way. 

"Baekhyun. The source of light." 

"Chanyeol. Fire element." 

"D.O, the element of Earth." 

"Kai, Teleportation." 

"Sehun. A source of wind." 

"Kris, source of Flight and my second leader of the boys." 

"Xiumin. Frost ability." 

"Luhan. Telekinesis." 

"Lay, the Healer." 

"Chen, the energy source of Lightning." 

"Last but not the least, Tao. Time Control." 

He gazed at the tubes again and nodded. 

"All of you will be my wonderful creations that I have ever created. Sources to destroy the Soldiers and Queens." 

Leeteuk smirked at the thought of a step closer to his plan. He would always feel at ease whenever he would think of his boys who were under his control. 

 

The sun began to set as the Soldiers and Queens have finally reached their destination. They waited for the gates to enter and witnessed two men rushing towards their direction. They unlocked the gates and bowed towards their royal majesties. 

"Welcome to the North Club, your highnesses." 

The group bowed as well, formally greeting one another. 

"May we visit your chiefs?" Taeyeon asked politely. 

"Yes, you may your highness. This way please." 

The two novices led them inside the compound. Some of the novices who were carrying out their duties, dropped their items and bowed towards the group who was passing by. 

"Wow, why are we so highly respected?" Taecyeon turned to Yoona, waiting for an answer. 

"That's because we rescued a lot of Soldiers decades before and now, they show their gratitude by respecting us." 

"Fascinating." 

They approached a building of where the chiefs work at. After passing through the hallway, they climbed up a flight of stairs. The two novices opened the double doors for them and the group spotted four men in a middle of a discussion. 

"Oh for god's sake I said no interrup-...oh your highnesses..." 

Jokwon, Changmin, Seulong and Jinwoon looked up and bowed. 

"Our apologies for the interruption. Nice meeting you again, chiefs of the North Club," Taeyeon greeted, walking nearer towards the side of the office. 

"Oh, no it's alright your majesties. Oh Junho ah!" 

"Wah, long time no see hyung!" 

Junho went to shake hands with the four of them, as they smiled in return. Jokwon approached the Queens and kissed their hands with care as a form of greeting, followed by Changmin, Seulong and Jinwoon. Taecyeon, Yonghwa and Wooyoung eyed on their partners awkwardly. Taeyeon noticed the three spacing out and asked Jokwon a favor. 

"Jokwon-ssi, may all of you please introduce yourselves to our other guests?" 

"Ah, of course your highness. Our pleasure. Welcome to the North Club everyone and I am Jokwon, the main chief of the Club district. These are my fellow chiefs as well," Jokwon made a hand gesture at the other three men. 

"Good evening, fellow Soldiers and highnesses. I'm Lee Changmin." 

"Greetings to our dear Queens as well as the Soldiers. I'm Im Seulong, always ready at your service." 

"My name is Jung Jinwoon everyone and nice to meet all of you." 

Taeyeon gave a signal to the three, mentioning them to introduce themselves as well. Taecyeon understood what she meant and took a step forward. 

"Good evening to the chiefs of the North Club. I'm Ok Taecyeon a Soldier of the Solitaire." 

Wooyoung followed next and smiled, "Nice meeting all of you chiefs. I'm Jang Wooyoung a Soldier of the Solitaire and a soon-to-be King as well, nah I was just kidding. I'm yet to be a King." 

Taeyeon face-palmed herself while the others suppressed their laugh. 

"Greetings fellow chiefs. I'm Jung Yonghwa, a Soldier of the Solitaire. It's been a pleasure meeting all of you." 

"Nice meeting you too. Taeyeon-ssi, your Soldiers are most welcomed to our district," Jokwon took another glance of the Soldiers.  

Taeyeon grinned nervously, "It's an honor then. Anyway, are there any signs of them?" 

"Apparently we haven't gotten reports from our novices recently, but we're still keeping a lookout for them," Seulong replied.

"How many have been killed?" 

"Five," Changmin retorted. 

Taeyeon shook her head in disbelief. "This can't be..." 

All of a sudden, the doors flung open and a group of men urged forward. Everyone focused on the group silently. 

"Chiefs, we have found an immortal lingering around in the woods. Unfortunately, the immortal vanished instantly." 

Doojoon reported while five other men were standing behind him. 

"I see. Any special traits?" 

"We did not figure out his face but he seem to be standing at about 1.8 meters tall," Gikwang commented. 

"Okay, at least all of you reported something to us. Now recruits, please welcome our guests." 

The recruits were stunned to see the Queens and Soldiers in front of them. They bowed gracefully and forced a smile. 

"Alright, back to your chores," Jinwoon ordered. 

The recruits left the room quickly and closed the door behind them. 

"Who are they?" Wooyoung asked out of curiosity. 

"They're recruits from other districts. They came here to help, and so we assigned them as our guards who keep lookouts. About half of the population in the North Club are recruits. The other half are the remaining soldiers from before and novices," Jokwon explained.

"Oh, I see. You guys were one of the survivors?" 

"Yes, we are. Now, it's time for dinner your highnesses," he announced. 

All of them left the office and made their way to the dining room. Taeyeon discussed a few topics with the chiefs while they were eating and others chatted quietly with each other. After dinner, the chiefs guided the royal highnesses to their guests' rooms as the rooms would be their places to sleep at during their time that they will spend here in the Clubs' district. Due to the long route that they took to get here, they were exhausted by walking a great distance. Most of them slept with their partners since they insisted to. Outside, lightning and thunder raged with fury as there was a heavy downpour. 

Taecyeon changed into his regular singlet and sweatpants for bed, while Yoona changed into her night gown. Yoona sat on the edge of the bed, pulling the bed sheets over her petite figure. She rose an eyebrow when she noticed Taecyeon huddling over to the couch beside the bed. 

"Aren't you sleeping with me?" 

He taunted, "Why? I can't sleep on the couch?" 

"But it's so cold..." she pouted. 

"Aish, you're basically wanting me to hug you to sleep eh? You're tempting me Yoona, don't you know that?" 

"Oh quit teasing and just sleep with me! I said that I'll push you away if you would do anything funny." 

Taecyeon gasped sarcastically, "Violent Im. Nah, I won't sleep with you. You're scaring me." 

"Ugh, oppa!" 

He chuckled, "Okay, I was kidding. Come on let's sleep." 

Taecyeon went over to the other side of the bed and pulled the blankets over him as well. He shifted closer to Yoona and wrapped his arms around her waist. 

"Good night Taec~" 

"Good night Yoona." 

Yoona closed her eyes and drifted off to sleep, feeling safe and sound. Taecyeon watched her sleep and found her beauty mesmerizing. 

He planted a kiss onto her forehead and muttered under his breath, "I love you." Taecyeon stared at Yoona for a while more and slept eventually when he closed his eyes slowly.

 

The raindrops continued to fall from the skies as the howling of wind could be heard. Thunder and lightning struck, a shadow of a figure could be found by the windows. The figure was floating from outside, drenched in the heavy downpour. Staring at the window, the figure observed two people sleeping soundly in the room. 

"Jang Wooyoung and Kim Taeyeon," the immortal hushed under his breath. Targets found. 

 

_____________________________

ANNYEONG :D How's everyone doing? Okay LOL. Have a good weekend and god bless~! ;) MUAMUA :* I love you guys~! ^^ Thank you for subscribing and a big thank you for all of your support! :DDD Ppyong~!

tumblr_mbp9gr9iep1qisyqwo2_250.gif