Ambush

Spades & Hearts II

Lay remained silent behind Nichkhun and Jay who were marching through the hallway. They entered the chiefs' office where Taeyeon was at. She caught sight of a stranger, tilting her head to the side. 

"Who's he?" she questioned. 

Nichkhun pulled Lay with him and took a step closer to Taeyeon. 

"We found him in town. He has special abilities like us, so I was wondering if he can join us." 

"And why is he joining us?" 

"He's a healer and you rarely find healers out here right? He can cure anything," Jay explained. 

Taeyeon paid close attention at Lay. There's something strange about him. She leaned closer while Lay swallowed hard. 

"Nice to meet you your highness, I'm Lay a healer." 

Lay reached out his hand for her to shake. Taeyeon didn't want to but at the same time she is willing to shake his hand, so she did. After their hands shook, Taeyeon couldn't help but feel a certain protection. She felt weird because she was convinced completely about him. She didn't even see him as a prince or a threat and it feels too strange. 

"Nice to meet you too...Lay." 

Nichkhun waited for Taeyeon's confirmation. "Well?" 

She sighed, "Let him stay then." 

Lay flashed a grin and bowed, thanking Taeyeon cheerfully. 

"Lay, you're going to stick with us in the time being. So for now, help us search for the 12 Princes okay? You must be with us always," Nichkhun instructed him. 

"Okay, I will."

 

Taecyeon was chatting with Wooyoung at the lobby, talking about the princes. 

"I'm probably sure they're hiding somewhere in the forest," said Taecyeon.

Wooyoung scratched the back of his head, "They're quite hard to capture unless they're injured or something." 

"That's true. I don't know what they're up to but so far, they haven't taken any actions." 

"Tsk, scaredy cats. Can't they just come out already?" Wooyoung whined in frustration. 

"That just means one thing Wooyoung ah, they're planning something." 

"Plan? Like what?" 

"They're probably planning an ambush or something. I don't know but that's what I assume." 

Jay, Nichkhun and Lay noticed that the two guys were in the lobby while climbing down the stairs. Taecyeon turned to the unfamiliar person who came with them. 

"Oh Khun ah, who's he?" Wooyoung eyed on Lay. 

"Guys, meet Lay. He's a healer." 

Lay stuck out his hand for Wooyoung to shake. Wooyoung obliged and greeted him. 

"I'm Lay, a healer. Nice to meet you." 

"Nice to meet you too." 

Lay turned to Taecyeon for a handshake but Taecyeon declined politely. He felt taken aback by his decline but ignored it. Taecyeon turned out to be suspicious of Lay because he can feel his aura emitting vigorously. That just meant one thing, Lay can possibly be someone of a higher rank. Either a prince or a king. He decided to keep it to himself for now since he hasn't known too much about Lay and he also couldn't judge all of a sudden. 

"So how did you find him?" Taecyeon pointed at Lay. 

Jay plopped himself down next to Wooyoung. "He happened to save a little girl's injuries." 

"Injuries? So he heals injuries?" 

"Most probably. Anyway we'll have to continue patrolling in town so you want us to leave Lay with you or...?"

"Take him with you," Taecyeon replied quickly. 

"Let's go Lay." 

Taecyeon focused on Lay while Wooyoung waved his hand at Nichkhun and Jay. Wooyoung noticed Taecyeon frowning from a while ago. 

"Hey dude, what's with the face?" 

"Nothing. There was something suspicious about Lay. I'll just check on Yoona, you wanna come with me?" 

"I'll pass. I have to guard the lobby." 

"If you say so." 

Taecyeon got up from his seat, making his way to Jessica and Yuri's room. Marching through the hallway and paused at one familiar door. He turned the doorknob, peeking his head in. He grinned when Yoona was engrossed chatting with Yuri and Jessica. 

Yuri smirked, "I see you Taecyeon." 

Taecyeon smiled sheepishly, "Sorry. I was just checking on Yoona." He stepped inside the room and closed the door behind him. 

"I'm fine," Yoona reassured him. 

"Actually Yoong here just woke up and we talked about the commotion lately." 

"The princes actually," Jessica pointed out. 

"Oh is it?" Taecyeon sat at the edge of the bed, facing the girls who were across him. "I was talking about that to Wooyoung and a new guy recently got recruited by Khun and Jay." 

Yuri creased her brows, "Who?" 

"He's Lay, a healer. Khun and Jay met him when they were on patrol." 

"A healer huh? There are rare healers in the Solitaire." 

"There's something suspicious about him. You girls better be aware." 

Jessica scoffed, "Don't worry Taec. We'll take your advice." 

 

"We're running out of time Suho!" Chen clenched his fists, glaring at his leader. Suho remained still and eyed on Chansung and Sooyoung who were on patrol in the woods. They were hiding behind the huge tree bark, standing still onto the branches. 

"No. This isn't according to Leeteuk's plan. Our goal isn't to mess with any Soldier or Queen," Suho retorted. 

"How long will we be like this? I'm sick of hiding!"

"Wait. We just need a bit more time. A while more to let Lay settle some of them and once we get the signal, we'll get busy." 

"So...if everything's settled, we'll carry on with our procedure?" 

"Yes. It's time to gather round." 

Chen smirked, "Good. I've been longing for action." 

 

"Let's go," Jay swung the door open where the girls and Taecyeon were at. Jessica ran up to Jay, holding his hand anxiously.

"What happened?" 

"Taeyeon demanded all of us to leave for Spades. Yes, even the rest who are in other districts. The princes are on their way so we have to hurry." 

"The princes are going to attack Spades?" Taecyeon asked.

Jay shrugged his shoulders, "I don't know but they're heading there. No time for questions right now, let's go." 

The ladies packed their stuff while Taecyeon and Jay prepared their weapons. 

 

*Flashback* 

Lay, Nichkhun and Jay were patrolling in the woods when they caught sight of a log burning at a corner. 

Nichkhun turned to Jay in confusion, "Jay did you burn that thing?" 

"No..." 

"It's a prince!" Lay pointed at Chanyeol who was standing on a tree branch. Nichkhun and Jay dashed up near the tree with Lay cautiously glancing over Chanyeol. Jay began shooting fireballs at the prince but unfortunately, Chanyeol caught a ball of fire in his hand. 

"It's no use Jay because he has the same ability as you," Nichkhun reminded. 

"Come down here!" Jay kicked the tree bark helplessly. Chanyeol rose both of his hands and jumped down from the branch. He stood a metre apart from them, just to be safe. 

"I'm sorry if I didn't get to introduce myself earlier. I'm Chanyeol," the younger lad bowed his head slightly. Nichkhun and Jay were taken aback by his deep voice despite his child-like face. 

"Lay stand behind us. He's dangerous," Jay warned him. Lay agreed obediently.

"We don't care who you are but we just know that you need to be arrested," Nichkhun snapped back. 

Chanyeol let out a laugh, "Go ahead." 

Jay couldn't take it any longer as he did a somersault kick at Chanyeol. He kicked his abdomen, making the younger one groan. Chanyeol spat out blood from his mouth and stood up, starting a fight with Jay. Nichkhun tried to pull Jay apart from Chanyeol but Jay resisted from his grip. Chanyeol smirked and threw a fireball at Nichkhun's left hand. Jay panicked, checking Nichkhun's scalded hand. 

"I'll meet you guys soon. We're heading over to your territory," Chanyeol fleed from the forest with Tao running behind him. Jay attempted to chase after them, leaving Nichkhun with Lay. However, Jay no longer couldn't find them as they vanished in thin air. He cursed himself for letting them go too easily. Lay went over to Nichkhun to heal his hand. 

"Thank you." 

Lay smiled, "No problem." 

Nichkhun watched Jay walking to them in disappointment. "You okay?" 

"You should be asking yourself that Khun. I lost track of them." 

Nichkhun stood very still, his instincts running through his mind. Jay noticed him in a daze so he snapped a finger in front of him. 

"Khun?" 

"I know where they're headed and it's not good." 

"Where?" 

Nichkhun clenched his right fist, "They're heading to Spades." 

Jay groaned, "Damn it Khun. Your instinct is so reluctant. Are you really a tracker?" 

"Sorry dude I don't know what's wrong with my ability either." 

"Come on, we have to report this to Taeyeon." 

*End*

 

Suho and Chen caught the signal from above. It was Chanyeol's phoenix that emitted red flames. It was a signal to all of the princes to make it clear for them to proceed with their ambush at Spades. The princes were on their way to Spades as well as the Soldiers and Queens. It was time. Sungmin and Sunny were reminded of the report of the princes entering their territory. 

"Sunny, I'll wait by the gates but you have to stay here to keep a lookout of the prince who is locked up. Understand?" 

Sunny nodded, "Got it." 

 

The 10 Princes have finally gathered, ready to hustle things up in Spades. Suho and Kris were whispering to one another, re-confirming their procedures and attacks. 

"Let them destroy anything as they can until we get the Queens and Soldier's attention," Suho explained. 

"Threaten Solitarians?" 

"Yes but don't kill them or Leeteuk won't be happy about this." 

Kris sighed, nodding nonchalantly. "Alright guys gather round." Kris looked over at Suho but he signalled him to order the rest of them instead. 

"Make sure this place is messed up until the Queens and Soldiers show up. Do not, I repeat, do NOT harm the Solitarians no matter what. Understand?" 

Kris received slight nods from them as they finally enter Spades' territory. 

 

The Soldiers and Queens met up with each other again as they dashed through the gates of Spades. A moment of silence fell upon them, when they focused on what was happening in town. Moments of realization have slapped them hard in the face, immediately separating from each other. The smashing of glasses could be heard, flames flickering in shops and houses, terrified Solitarians running away from danger, screaming from the top of their lungs. 

The fighting has begun.  

 

 

____________________________________

school! yeap...that's a common reason for authors not updating that often. well at least I updated now...LOL :P Happy Birthday to our shikshin Sooyoung! ^^ in the meantime, check out my new story as well! ^^ 

The Diva & The Gangster

tumblr_mhxxooRPeB1qehiaao4_r1_250.gif