Return

Spades & Hearts II

"Hyung." 

Leeteuk's face remained placid. He stared back at his brothers, who wore white suits. He knew where he was. 

"I can't join all of you? Why?" 

"Hyung. Promise us something." 

"No. Not unless you answer my question." 

They kept silent. Leeteuk didn't get a reply, until he broke the silence once again. 

"What is it? What promise?" 

"Don't waste your time having hatred on others." 

He scoffed, "It's as if I'll listen. Haven't you forgotten what they did to all of you? To us?" 

"Just promise us hyung," they replied. 

"You'll see, my brothers. I can't promise anything. You'll know that I'll take my revenge." 

The rest of them said nothing but gazed into Leeteuk's eyes, trying to convey a warning. In a blink of an eye, everything fades to black.

 

His heart was beating. His head throbbed. He felt paralyzed. Leeteuk's vision clears, speculating his surroundings. He stood up slowly, clutching onto his right chest that ached. It was the bullet that nearly shot his heart and he needed to remove the bullet fast. Panting, he stumbled towards the mansion and headed down to the basement. Unlocking his own experimental lab, he entered and closed the metallic door behind him. He rummaged through drawers for the first aid kit. Preparing all the medications onto his table, the flame flicks over the forceps for sterilization. He winced in pain when he attempted a few times to remove the bullet from his right chest. Leeteuk cleaned up right after he placed a bandage over his wound. He washed his face and stared at his own reflection at the mirror. He recalled the scene where he pointed the gun at Taeyeon.

"It's not that and I'm sorry...if it has to be this way to restore peace." she said.

"Of course. What you're after for is only peace. We Kings tried. Didn't we?" 

"No. That wasn't acceptable because we were forced to." 

"I'm sorry Taeyeon, but you leave me no choice. Goodbye." 

Leeteuk shook his head and wiped away droplets of water on his face. He took a seat on his armchair, his mind buried in deep thoughts. I have to take revenge. I'm sorry my brothers, but I just can't let you down. I swear that I'll do anything to have the Solitaire as my kingdom and no one else's. He wondered how he was going to take action and when. Immortals...I need immortals in order to defeat them. Stronger ones I shall say. He smirked to himself and created a perfect plan. I shall let the Queens and Soldiers have a blissful time of themselves taking care of the Solitaire first, while I carry out my experiments. 

"God gave me another chance to live...to destroy them." 

And that led to the creation of the 12 Princes. 

 

"Taecyeon, can you help me pass the rag over?" 

Yuri asked while he was mopping the floor. 

"Hmm? Oh sure..." 

He grabbed the rag and handed it over to Yuri, letting her wipe the counter of the bar. Sighing to himself as he glanced outside the window observing people rushing to their workplace. It was an hour before opening time and all of them were preparing the tables and chairs. 

It has been a year ever since I left the Solitaire. I wonder what has changed in the kingdom and how the guys are doing. Well, I'm worrying about Yoona the most since I've been missing her every single day. For now, I'm working well with reality. I would refer this group of friends as my close colleagues and friends instead of those in the Solitaire whom are my brothers and sisters. I don't know why I feel this way, I guess I'm not really THAT close with them or maybe it isn't the same feeling even if I've been with them for a year. As for Yoona here in Seoul, I grew fond of her each day but that's because I'm only missing my goddess back in the Solitaire. Of course, I'm keeping my promise well to Yoona about waiting for us to be together again and the thought of returning to the Solitaire as soon as possible. I have no idea when but I know that I'll be back real fast. So yeah, the Yoona here in Seoul and I remain as friends even though I feel bad since I can tell that she has been falling for me during the recent months. Even I had times when I have almost confessed to her and I think I was drunk during those times. Her appearance fools me everytime, but I know that the feeling is always different. 

"Oppa?" 

Taecyeon cleared away his thoughts when he heard Yoona's voice. 

"Oh, Yoona ah." 

"You've been staring into space for quite a while." 

"Sorry. I was just thinking..." he replied as he continued mopping the floor. 

"Yuri unnie! Can you pass me the rag you're using? This table is quite dusty." 

"Alright, wait!" 

"Nevermind, I'll come and get it myself." 

"Yoona wait! I just-" 

Yoona skipped towards the bar while Taecyeon shifted his eyes onto hers, anxious that she would slip on the wet floor that he had just mopped. She slipped eventually, Taecyeon dashing towards her in time to catch her figure in his arms. Their eyes met met, leaving Taecyeon stunned by her own doe-like eyes. He tried to resist from any affections that overcame him, so he supported her to stand up right away. Yuri gasped as she went over to Yoona. 

"Yoona ah, are you okay?!" 

"Yeah, I'm fine...thank you Taecyeon oppa..." 

He noticed that she was still holding onto his arm. 

"Be careful Yoona. I don't want you to get hurt," he placed his hand over hers and blushed. 

Taecyeon continued his errands to avoid any awkwardness between them. Yoona blushed as well and helped Yuri clean the wine glasses. 

"A step closer to prince charming eh?" Yuri nudged her. 

"Don't be ridiculous Yul." 

"Oh quite denying Yoona! I've seen all the eye-contact and such~" 

"He just helped me. That's it." 

"You know, he's taking too long. Why wouldn't he make a move?" 

"Quiet Yul! He might hear you," she whispered. 

"I think...he has a girlfriend. Maybe that's the reason..." 

Yoona's face turned sullen when Yuri guessed. 

"You think so?" 

"Nah, don't lose hope Yoong! I bet he likes you...secretly!" 

"I wish..." 

 

The day passed by as soon as they know it. All of them gathered in the staff's room. Taeyeon started her briefing once Wooyoung came in. 

"Alright guys. I have both good news and bad news. So what would you like to hear first?" 

"Bad news!" 

"Okay. The bad news is, the restaurant will close down by the end of this week to undergo renovation." 

The group whined to themselves. 

"Well, it's been a long time since we've renovated anyway. So, the good news is...all of us will have to enjoy a relaxing time of vacation during the whole of winter break!" 

All of them cheered in unison as they started to chatter about their plans for winter break. 

"So have a good rest guys! We'll be back in business once spring commences." 

All of them packed their belongings and headed home. Taecyeon and Yoona went home together since both of them lived in the same neighbourhood. 

"Wah~! Winter break during the vacation! Aren't you excited?" she asked. 

"Yes I am. It's been a while since we had one." 

"You're right." 

Both of them got awkward when they kept silent for a while. 

"Hey, Taecyeon oppa. Thanks for just now." 

"No problem. I was just being a gentleman." 

"I was rather clumsy though." 

"So be careful." 

He flashed a smile and both of them giggled. 

"So, any plans for winter break?" 

"Not much. I'll probably take care of my mom." 

"Oh. How is she? Is she alright?" 

"She's fine. Besides, we have gotten over the grief of dad's death." 

"I still feel sorry for you. I mean, I wonder how you've gotten through it during these past few months." 

"I've just accepted the fact that he's having a blissful time in heaven." 

"He must be looking after you and your mom from above." 

"That's right. So...how about you? Any plans for the winter break?" 

"I haven't thought about it yet..." 

"Well then, shall I ask you out on a trip?" 

Yoona turned her head and focused on him. 

"W-what?" 

Taecyeon chuckled as she got caught off-guard. 

"With Nichkhun and Yuri! Let's go on a trip together." 

"Oh...that. Sure, why not?" she faked a smile. 

"You don't have to pretend that you're fine with it you know."  

"I wasn't! I'm fine with it, I can assure you!" 

"Well if it makes you feel better, maybe we can have dinner one time. Just the two of us. How'd that sound?" 

Yoona's eyes brightened at the mention of his suggestion. 

"That'd be great too." 

"We'll see how it goes then." 

They strolled through the park and Taecyeon came across the cherry blossom tree once again. He was always hoping that one day, Sooman would appear again so that he can visit the Solitaire soon. Unfortunately, there weren't any signs of him over the year. Sooman-ssi, where are you... 

 

"Unnie! He's alive unnie! He's alive!" 

Panic started to engulf Seohyun as she reported to Taeyeon about her precision. 

"He can't be! Sunny had already shot him!" 

"It was a trick unnie. The bullet's aim missed his heart." 

"Unfortunate luck of his. So he had been hiding all this time and just left notes of himself, warning all of us that he's back." 

"The huntsmen explained that there were strangers that have been attacking the Solitarians and I heard that there were similar cases as well from the other three districts."

"So what have they complained?" 

"I've seen it in my vision. Three immortals attacking each of the four districts in the Solitaire. And they are experiments made by Leeteuk." 

"The idiot and his creations. He just can't let us rule over the Solitaire doesn't he? I guess this is another mission we have to complete." 

"Should I inform the others about this?" 

Taeyeon nodded without hesitation. "And tell them one more thing..." 

"What is it unnie?" 

Taeyeon winked at Seohyun before she glanced outside the glass window. 

"Yoona would probably the happiest Queen to hear this." 

Seohyun tilted her head as she pondered.  

"Who unnie?" 

"We will be expecting our big guy to be back again." 

Seohyun's jaw dropped, making Taeyeon laugh heartily. 

"Taecyeon-ssi?!" 

 

_________________________________________

HEHEHEHEHE~ I missed all of you readers! :D I'm officially back LOL~ Okay, I love you guys too~ MUAMUA x) 

excited for Taecyeon to come back LOLLL~ AHH TAETISEO UNNIES <3

tumblr_mbi76ku1TM1rdzxg2o1_r3_500.gif