Perfectly Imbalanced

Perfectly Imbalanced

38. Perfectly Imbalanced


 

“Shoot him.”

 

Yixing bites his lip.

 

“You know who’s going to pay if you don’t, Yixing, my dear. A life for a life.”

 

A life for a life.

 

He closes his eyes as he tries to convince himself of the reason he is standing with a gun targeted at Baekhyun right now.

 

“You two are the same. Such fools.” Amanda told him that one night he regretted the most. “Wufan would sacrifice everything for you. What a very beautiful display of love. Would you also do that for him? Hm?”

 

“What do you want?”

 

“What is it I desire? There are so many I believe your time is not suffice enough to hear them all. But you know what I want the most? Power. That’s not so surprising, is it now?”

 

“And to gain power, you need to eradicate all hindrances. Do you know who hinders me?”

 

Yixing is too afraid to hear.

 

“Elliot Sky Van der Gilt.” Amanda whispers carefully, making sure Yixing hears it clearly. “Or as what you people call him, Byun Baekhyun.”

 

“I’m not going to let you touch him. Stay away from him.”

 

“Oh, I won’t have to. Because you’ll do it for me.”

 

“Did you really think you can persuade me into doing something against my will?”

 

“No, honey, of course not. I don’t have to persuade you. Because you’ll do it yourself.”

 

“What are you talking about?”

 

“The obvious. I’m sure you’d do the same thing Wufan did for you. Maybe even more.”

 

“…no.”

 

“Yes.”

 

“Leave him out of this you ing !”

 

“Did you really think you can protect everyone from me, Zhang Yixing?! You couldn’t even protect yourself! If you didn’t have Wufan protecting you, your father would have disowned you and you would be living in the streets! You’re not a hero, Yixing. And that is your unfortunate disadvantage.” Amanda her lip. “Sentiment. Such fools. Such pretty little fools.”

 

That image, that feeling of helplessness, is burned in his mind.

 

“Come on Yixing. You know I’m not a patient person.” Even hearing Amanda’s voice through the earpiece sends shivers down his spine. She is more than evil, Yixing is convinced, and thus she is capable of carrying out murder after murder. A ruthless woman. A woman who has lost everything and willing to bet everything.

 

Yixing can feel his hand sweating through the trigger. He was trembling, which is understandable. This isn’t the first time he held a sniper pointed towards an innocent person but this will be the first time he’ll feel such a criminal for doing so. “Yixing!”

 

“Wait! Just wait! Please!”

 

Yixing hears Amanda chuckle. “What a beautiful sight. I didn’t know you could make that face. Very well. I’ll give you five minutes. If you don’t shoot then, you’ll be greeting your beloved’s coffin when you come back to London.”

 

What good will five minutes do?

 

 

 

--

 

 

 

Chanyeol continues to stare frozen at the reflection. He can hear Baekhyun laughing in the background as he feels the weight he’s bearing. He can’t do anything reckless. Telling Baekhyun about the situation is not the solution. There must be a reason why Yixing would choose to warn him and not Baekhyun himself. Moreover, what is Yixing’s reason for doing this? Has he been planning this all the while he was here? What could be the root of his action?

 

But Chanyeol feels like these thoughts are unnecessary. Time was their greatest enemy.

 

Baekhyun checks his watch. “Well, I guess we better go.” He says to Chanyeol. “Chanyeol? Hey?”

 

Chanyeol snaps. “Uh. Yeah. Sorry. I was thinking of something.”

 

Chanyeol isn’t sure what more he can do in his position. Yixing isn’t going to shoot now but sooner or later because there’s no way he’d let the two leave without putting his sniper in use, in other words, without killing Baekhyun.

 

That’s right. Chanyeol thinks as he moves behind Baekhyun, blocking the sniper’s view.

 

Baekhyun tugs his arm. “Come on, Yeol.” And Chanyeol immediately pulls his arm back. Baekhyun looks at him in surprise. “What’s wrong?”

 

“I can’t come.”

 

Baekhyun sighs. “This is not the time to be joking! We’re going to be late!”

 

“I’m not joking.”

 

Baekhyun knew that. “Chanyeol, I’m going to be mad.”

 

“I’m sorry.” Although it pains him… “I just…after giving it some thought, I realized I can’t do this yet.”

 

Baekhyun’s hands were trembling. Luhan and Sehun were glancing at each other, both confused as the other. “Are you saying you’re having second thoughts about us?”

 

…he has to do this.

 

“Baekhyun, please understand. This is all too overwhelming.”

 

“What about me?! Do you even understand how I feel?! Do you know how much I’ve suffered trying to get here with you and yet this is what you do?!”

 

Luhan comes closer. “Baek—“

 

“Don’t come!” Chanyeol snaps at him and Sehun immediately pulls the shocked Luhan back beside him.

 

“Were you going to lead me on for the rest of my life?! How can you still be not sure after everything!” Baekhyun continues to yell with his head lowered in shame. “I thought we were on the same track…”

 

“I thought so too. But…this isn’t the right time. Baekhyun, you know I love you, that’s why I want to protect you as much as possible. I don’t want to hurt you anymore that’s why I’m telling you this. If in the future, you’ll cry because of me, I’ll forever regret passing up this opportunity.”

 

“…fine.” Baekhyun says flatly while looking up at Chanyeol. He was crying. “You need time? I’ll give you time. But don’t expect me to come when you’ve used it all up.” He then grabbed his suitcase and turned around. “I’m going to London, with or without you.”

 

Chanyeol felt a stabbing pain in his chest. God knows how much he wants to take back those words, to pull Baekhyun to his chest and embrace him while whispering sweet nothings. God knows how badly he wants to hold Baekhyun’s hand and walk with him towards the plane. But more than anything, Baekhyun will always be his priority, and if this is the least he can do then he’s willing to go through all the pain by himself.

 

 

 

--

 

 

 

“Yixing, your five minutes is almost up and he’s leaving.”

 

“I know that!” Yixing snaps while trying to focus on the target. He follows Baekhyun’s position but is always blocked by Chanyeol’s back. He realizes Chanyeol’s doing this on purpose.

 

“Are you going to shoot or do I have to shoot first?”

 

An image of Wu Fan waiting for him flashes in his mind. No. “No! I can do this!”

 

I can’t…

 

There’s no way I can kill Baekhyun.

 

Yixing gulps. He can’t kill Baekhyun but he can’t let Wu Fan die either. All this, the lives of two people he values the most, is up to him. If he kills Baekhyun, Wu Fan will be safe. But if he doesn’t, then there’s no guarantee he’d see Wu Fan’s bright smile when he comes home. All this…because he exists.

 

Then

 

Yixing pulls back the sniper and pointed it up to his chin.

 

--if I do this

 

“I knew you’d do something like this.”

 

Yixing feels the sniper getting snatched from his hold as he gets pushed down. He looks up at the face of the woman who’s bound him to death. “Amanda…what are you—“ He pauses when Amanda suddenly positioned the sniper to Baekhyun’s direction. Yixing turned to Baekhyun before leaping towards Amanda. “No!”

 

A gunshot echoes around him and Yixing can feel his world drown in despair. He immediately turned back to where Baekhyun was and screamed.

 

 

 

--

 

 

 

Luhan screamed.

 

Baekhyun turned around at the sound of the gunshot and immediately dropped his things in surprise at the sight of Chanyeol falling down before him, blood dripping through his clothes. He scurried towards Chanyeol immediately then another gunshot followed, shooting Baekhyun’s chest. He falls down, biting his lips to suppress the pain, as he looks at Chanyeol above him, lying lifeless.

 

“No no no no…” Baekhyun whispers while crawling towards him, using only one hand in capability seeing as his other hand was rather stuck on his gunshot wound trying to suppress the pain. “Chanyeol…Chanyeol…” It didn’t matter that his life was hanging on a thread. He wants to know if Chanyeol’s alive.

 

Luhan was screaming hysterically, traumatized by the sight. Sehun was preoccupied with calling for help as the people around them run around in circles frantically.

 

Baekhyun finally reached Chanyeol’s hand. Feeling the fading warmth, Chanyeol turned beside him to see Baekhyun with his drooping eyes. They held each other’s hands tightly, giving as much warmth as the other.

 

“I’m sorry…” Chanyeol whispers while looking at Baekhyun with longing eyes. “I’m sorry, my love…” Baekhyun cries and cries and cries, until there was only blood left.

 

It wasn’t supposed to end like this.

 

 

 

--

 

 

 

It was never supposed to end like this.

 

Yixing was shaking at the sight. His tears wouldn’t stop flowing.

 

Amanda chuckled at his side. “This was better than what I expected.”

 

Two lives…for one.

 

“Look what you’ve done Yixing. This is your fault. If you hadn’t hesitated then, you wouldn’t have to sacrifice two lives in exchange for the life of your loved one. Aren’t you selfish?”

 

This is…my fault?

 

Yixing gasps in fear.

 

No. They were happy. They didn’t do anything wrong. Baekhyun and Chanyeol…they were innocent. Why, of all people, did they have to get caught up in this mess? Why does it have to be the both of them? Why couldn’t have fate taken revenge on me and me alone?!

 

I don’t want this.

 

Wu Fan wouldn’t want this.

 

This was…all for nothing.

 

In the end…I saved no one.

 

“Anyhow, you have my gratitude.” Amanda says while turning around. “See you around Yixing. Don’t worry, when that happens, expect that I won’t kill you. You did save me after all.” She gives him a rotten smile before walking away.

 

Yixing chuckles. “Saved you?” So all of this was for you? “You’ve got to be kidding me!” He pulled the knife out of his belt and charged for the two guards beside Amanda, killing them immediately. Then he turned to face Amanda who already had the sniper pointed at him. “You’re going to shoot me?”

 

“You know I can.”

 

“You won’t because you need me alive, because if I die then all of this was for nothing. You wouldn’t get the satisfaction you needed by taking something so important from someone else. There would be no despair for you to see. You’d end up as a merciless killer.”

 

Amanda lowers the sniper, smirking. “You’re right. I can’t kill you. But…” Yixing watches her take her phone out. “I can always take something so important from you and watch you in despair before me.”

 

Yixing took a second’s leap to arrive beside Amanda, a trick he had learned in China, and immediately, without hesitation, stabbed the knife on her chest. “You are really pissing me off.”

 

Amanda was laughing. “In the end…you’ll fall with me…”

 

“You think I care about that now? You already took everything. ing .” And then he stabbed her again and again and again, with each cruel memory that flashes in his mind, as if the action can somewhat erase all of it. He should’ve done this sooner. He should’ve killed her as soon as he saw her. It’s his own fault—his human error. That’s why he deserves this. He deserves to live with this guilt forever.

 

He can’t even come home to Wu Fan’s arms anymore. There’s no way he can show his face after all this.

 

He really thought he could do this. But in the end…he lost.

 

“I’m sorry…” Only the wind can hear him now.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“Do you dislike Seoul?”

 

Yixing turns to Wu Fan beside him, confused with the sudden question. “What?”

 

“You’ve been spacing out ever since we got here.”

 

Yixing was cleaning up Wu Fan’s clothes so he didn’t notice that he had been staring. It was foolish of him to show such emotion in front of Wu Fan. “No. Seoul is beautiful. Baekhyun loves the city. I guess I’m just tired.”

 

Wu Fan pulled him towards the bed to sit beside him under the sheets and wrapped his arm around him. “Hey, if something’s bothering you, you can tell me. You know I’ll help you right?”

 

That’s exactly why I can’t. Yixing tried to put up a cheerful smile. “I’m fine! You know how well I can handle things, right?”

 

Wu Fan smiles at him. “That’s good.”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“PARK CHANYEOOOL!”

 

Wu Fan walks out of his room, frowning. “What the hell? Why is it so noisy so early in the morning?”

 

“DON’T LOOK AT ME! THAT JERK DREW ON MY FACE!”

 

Yixing peeks behind Wu Fan to see Baekhyun’s face. “How cute!” He giggles. Chanyeol drew cat whiskers on Baekhyun’s cheek cutely that it actually suits the male.

 

Baekhyun glares at Chanyeol for a few seconds before turning around. Chanyeol blinks at him. “Baek?”

 

“Don’t talk to me.” Baekhyun says while walking towards the kitchen.

 

Chanyeol scratches his neck before running beside Baekhyun. “Are you mad?” No response. “Baek?” Still no response. “Baby? My love? Honey?”

 

“Go die, Park Chanyeol.”

 

“What?! Baek—“

 

“I HATE PARK CHANYEOL THE MOST!”

 

[insert lightning and thunder here]

 

“I HATE PARK CHANYEOL THE MOST!”

 

“I HATE PARK CHANYEOL THE MOST!”

 

“I HATE PARK CHANYEOL THE MOST!”

 

“I HATE PARK CHANYEOL THE MOST!”

                                                       

Chanyeol then immediately glomps Baekhyun, holding him tight. “Let go!” Baekhyun yells but Chanyeol is stubborn. “Park Chanyeol, I am really mad right now—“

 

“I’m sorry. Please don’t say things like you hate me anymore.”

 

“Seriously, Chanyeol, let go!”

 

“You just looked too cute I couldn’t resist. I won’t do it again, I promise! So please…don’t hate me.”

 

Yixing watched them from the second floor with fondness. Wu Fan was snarling the whole time.

 

Baekhyun heaves a heavy sigh. “Idiot.” If you say things like that then then there’s no way I could hate you. Baekhyun turned around to face him, wrapping his arms around Chanyeol’s neck. “Idiot CEO.” And then leaned in for a kiss.

 

But wait!

 

Suddenly a pillow came flying towards them and then hit Chanyeol on the head, breaking their perfect scene.

 

“Stop flirting in my house!”

 

“YOU BRAT!!!”

 

“Aww, is someone jealous?” Baekhyun teases while glancing at Luhan standing at the corner and then everyone else follows, including Sehun. Luhan looks away.

 

Sehun was blushing so hard he looked like a tomato. “I-I WASN’T JEALOUS!”

 

“It’s okay baby boy, you’ll get your chance someday.” Yixing coos from the second floor while smirking with Kris.

 

“I SAID I WASN’T JEALOUS!”

 

“You’re all lively today.” Kai said while walking out of his room. And the rest continued to for having no romance in his life at all. Although it kinda went overboard when Sehun mentioned Kai’s unrequited crush towards Baekhyun and they ended up punching him out of the house, refusing to let him in even with his countless attempts and words of wisdom aka “I OWN THIS HOUSE TOO!”.

 

Back then…everything was simple.

 

And no matter how much Yixing wants to go back to that time, he will never be able to. He shouldn’t even be allowed to think of such memories.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Yixing hears the buzzer echo against the closed walls of the chamber, indicating the start of his visiting time. Wu Fan sat before him, at the other side of the glass. He couldn’t read his expression but he’s sure that right now Wu Fan has countless questions in his mind, one of them being why he’s on the other side of the glass.

 

Yixing doesn’t expect him to show emotions other than anger at him. It’s better that way.

 

“Yixing,” Wu Fan started and Yixing prepared himself for the harsh words that would come. “Are you well?”

 

Yixing pauses, looking surprised.

 

“You dislike being here, don’t you?”

 

Yixing looks up at Wu Fan. He looks…the same. “You’re not…mad at me?” Yixing asks, feeling so breathless.

 

“I am.” Wu Fan answers simply. “But I understand why you did such a thing. Moreover, I can never hate you.”

 

“…but why?”

 

“Rather than blaming you, I’m blaming myself for letting you get pushed to your limit, for letting you do something where you had no other options but commit a crime. I should’ve been there. I should’ve helped you but…I wasn’t able to see through it, through your noticeable change in expressions.”

 

“It’s not your fault—“

 

“You did that for me right?” Yixing paused. “It is my fault. You may have thought that since I’ve sacrificed a lot for you, you’re bound to do the same for me when it comes to it. But…you never had to because even given the circumstances, I will always sacrifice everything for you. I will always be willing to step down for the life of another when you’re pushed to the edge.”

 

Yixing slams his fists on the table. “But you don’t understand! There’s no way I’d let you die!” He can feel his tears coming. “It’s not fair…”

 

“I know. That’s why no matter what you do, I will never hate you. So be reassured at the least with that.”

 

He wants to hold him. He wants to touch Wu Fan so bad. Yixing brushes his hand against the glass, looking at Wu Fan with longing. He doesn’t know how long he still has to stay behind bars so he’s always longing.

 

“I’ll get you out of here, don’t worry.”

 

“No!”

 

“Yixing?”

 

“You can’t. I deserve this. This is my retribution for taking innocent lives.”

 

“You didn’t do that in your own accord!”

 

“But I let it happen! I could’ve stopped it!”

 

“Yixing, you have to stop blaming yourself—“

 

“Even if you say that, I’d still feel responsible.” Yixing looked at him with eyes that are begging. “Until…until I’m forgiven by the both of them, I won’t leave this place.”

 

It was Wu Fan who touched the glass this time. “Yixing…”

 

Yixing raised his hand up, touching the glass at Wu Fan’s position. “I’m sorry.”

 

The buzzer sets off and the guard comes in to take him.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

4 MONTHS LATER

 

 

“Sehun? Hurry up!” Luhan yells from the back of the van while looking around the campus within his range of sight. It’s a beautiful day. The weather was perfect, not so windy and not so sunny. The flowers have bloom beautifully and the trees looked lively. Today is their most-awaited day.

 

It’s Sehun’s college graduation.

 

Kai came up beside him, holding the DSLR camera around his neck. “You seem restless.”

 

“Yeah, I find it weird too. I’m not the one who’s graduating.”

 

“But you sure did go all your way making sure Sehun meets his deadlines and stuff.”

 

“Who else would? He’s still young. It was expected for him to have such a hard time after what happened.” Luhan chuckles, remembering the sleepless nights. “He was willing to stop his studies for a while to bawl, would you believe that?

 

“It would’ve been nicer…” Kai says sadly. “…if they were here.”

 

The two people who looked forward to this day the most.

 

Luhan walks to the edge of the van. “Sehun?! How long are you going to take to prepare?!”

 

Kai fished out his phone from his pocket after feeling it vibrating to answer a call from his parents while Luhan continued to pester Sehun. Chen arrived after a few minutes with the water Luhan asked him to buy earlier.

 

Kai looked around until he caught sight of his parents groomed cleanly and perfectly walking towards them. He immediately greeted them properly but his (adoptive) mom only chuckled at him for being too formal. Then they went to greet Sehun who was being scolded by Luhan. Luhan immediately stepped aside and apologized continuously until his father reassured him that they’re grateful to him for giving Sehun strength to push through after what happened. Luhan gave them a smile and walked away to let Sehun talk to his parents.

 

“Hey,” Chen started. The three of them, him, Luhan and Kai were leaning at the back of the van, waiting. “What do you think would happen if I told Sehun’s parents that their son is in a relationship with Luhan right here?”

 

“Don’t you dare!”

 

Chen put up a defensive hand. “I was joking! I’m just curious!”

 

Kai leaned forward to look at Luhan. “You really have no intention of letting them know? They might approve, you know. They are grateful to you, after all.”

 

“Are you kidding me? You’re gay. Sehun’s gay. If they knew that there would be no way for their generation to multiply, I’d be decapitated!”

 

“Still, you can’t keep this up forever. They’re going to make Sehun marry someone you know.”

 

“Same goes for you.” Chen interrupted. “Where’s Kyungsoo anyway?”

 

Kai was interrupted when his parents appeared behind him. “Jongin, we’ll be heading to the gymnasium first. Make sure he doesn’t arrive late for the march okay?”

 

Kai nodded and sent them off.

 

Luhan walked towards Sehun to fix his collar and hair. “Aish. It’s your last day as a college student. At least look presentable.”

 

Sehun shrugs his shoulders. “I always look good anyway.”

 

Luhan playfully slaps his arm and chuckles. “Still a kid. There!” He checks him from head to toe. “Better.” Sehun gives him his brightest smile. “Let’s go?”

 

“I’ll be here!” Chen yells while watching the three of them walk away. “Make sure to check the time, alright?”

 

Kai waved at him in reassurance.

 

 

 

--

 

 

 

The march was any other ordinary march except maybe for the fact that the students seem to be in a runway. But, it may only be because they all looked really stunning. Kai and Luhan found their seats at the bleachers since only the parents are allowed to take the seats behind the students’ at the center of the gymnasium. Kai has his camera ready to film Sehun’s march. Sehun didn’t get any award but he was given a privilege to give an inspirational speech after the school recognized his determination to push through even with the incident four months ago. He declined it at first but after he was convinced that Baekhyun and Chanyeol may want to hear it themselves, he agreed in the end.

 

The presenting of diplomas went on for an hour until Sehun was finally called to give a special speech.

 

“To give words of inspiration to our fellow students here, please welcome, the youngest son of the Oh Corporation, Oh Sehun!” The introduction was immediately followed with applause and camera flashes from the media and journalists by the stage. It was expected, being the son of a CEO and all. Sehun has made quite a name of himself.

 

Sehun observed the audience before clearing his throat to start his speech. “Okay, first of all, I originally had no intention of doing this speech.” Laughter followed. “But…a certain someone told me that this isn’t just a simple speech, this is me conveying the feelings I’ve kept for the past four months.”

 

“Four months ago, the people of Korea received shocking news about the murder of two well-known CEOs of two of the wealthiest companies in the world. However, these two weren’t just CEOs to us, to me. Park Chanyeol has been my best friend and my big brother ever since we were little. It was hard for us to find real friends especially coming from a wealthy and well-known family but thankfully, through the years we’ve known each other, we were able to prove that it was indeed hard to find real friends given that we’ve been stuck together since then.” The audience laughs at his statement, some nodding in agreement. “Byun Baekhyun. Byun Baekhyun may sound unfamiliar to some of you given that he is more known as Elliot Sky Van der Gilt, the heir of the late Edward Van der Gilt, founder of the Van der Gilt Group but that name didn’t matter to us. We knew him as Byun Baekhyun, a former model of Hommes Fatale, working hard to provide for his living. Baekhyun and I didn’t have a good first impression of each other when we first met but after we settled our misjudgments through talking, we found out that we were more alike than we thought we would be. He’s been watching over me since and I guess it’s safe to say that he is my favorite hyung.” He smiles after saying so. He has never said that verbally before this. “Both him and Chanyeol treated me like their child and brother, most of the times they get too motherly that I end up getting scolded. But that made me happy because if it wasn’t for them, I would’ve been a delinquent by now.” He laughs at the strange image of himself. “I looked up to both of them a lot. All this time I’ve been thinking how blessed I am to have met such people so seeing them almost disappear before my eyes took its toll on me.”

 

Luhan watched him carefully. He looked so strong, different from the image he had of him four months ago and he felt so relieved and happy.

 

“It made me realize how dependent I was to the people around me. They are two of the most important people who influenced me to become who I am now so losing them meant losing myself. However, with the help of certain someone, I was able to come to the conclusion that it is inevitable to lose people through your life but that doesn’t mean we have to lose ourselves along with them. These people have given us something—memories, knowledge and other things to push us to keep on living. I had no right to give those away, to let it crumble, so I was able to stand up.” The audience clapped one after another until the gymnasium was filled with applause. “That’s why we should always keep pushing through, not just for ourselves, but also for the sake of the people who wants to see us fulfill our dreams,  may they be present or not. Thank you.”

 

Luhan and Kai clapped with the audience, feeling the proudest out of all the people present in the gymnasium.

 

“That speech…” Kai says, turning to Luhan.

 

“Yeah,” Luhan chuckles. “That wasn’t what we rehearsed at all.”

 

It was even better than that.

 

Kai almost leaped in surprise when his phone’s alarm suddenly . “Wah! He got carried away! We have to hurry!”

 

Luhan immediately grabbed his bag and then started running behind Kai towards the stairs. Sehun seemed to have also realized the time and didn’t go back to his seat and instead had started running, grabbing the attention of a few students. Of course his parents weren’t an exception. Luhan felt guilty for taking their son in this important day but this is something they must do.

 

The three of them met by the door and proceeded outside together. As soon as they were out, Chen had the van parked in front for them to be able to get in immediately. “What took you so long?!” Chen asked while the three hurry inside.

 

“No time to explain!”

 

Chen immediately stepped on the *pad* and drove out as fast as he can. Luhan leaned over from the back to turn the radio on for the live broadcast of the conference going on now.

 

“The Parks are in full attendance as of this moment. As we can see, the former CEO, Mrs. Park is already at her respective seat, along with her eldest daughter Gyuri, the second daughter Yura and some other relatives. On the other side of the table, we have the attendance of—“

 

Luhan groans at Chen. “Chen your radio’s broken!”

 

“It’s not broken! I had to take a risky turn!”

 

“Risky turn! Are you going to kill us?!”

 

“If you finished earlier we wouldn’t be hurrying right now!”

 

“Stop fighting and just focus on the road Chen!” Kai yells from the back.

 

“Right now, the audience is frantic for we have just received word of the arrival of—as well as—furthermore, we have also received reports of the pen—after the negotiations—“

 

“CHEEEENNNN!!!!” Luhan yells in anger.

 

“SHUT UP WE’RE ALMOST THERE!”

 

 

--

 

 

 

Four months, 2 weeks and 3 days have passed—Yixing didn’t think he’d see himself sitting at a platform, alongside familiar wealthy names, beside Wu Fan. The audience was frantic. The cameras haven’t stop flashing since their arrival. Truthfully, he felt restless as well. They went through so much in those four months. Negotiations, money, doubts, fear—back then, it all seemed endless. But today, he can happily put the past behind his shoulders. It doesn’t matter now.

 

The conference starts with Yoonhye greeting everyone in the room, including the audience. She also said a few words of grace, pointing out that when she started working as Chanyeol’s secretary, she never would’ve that it would be this interesting. A smile and she finally introduced Mrs. Park who was to clear things up—a lot of things.

 

“First of all, the reason why we are all gathered here is for you to finally hear our side and disclose all other information regarding the issues we’ve encountered for the past months. I am aware that for the past two years, our name has been under fire for various reasons, good and bad. My son, after taking control of the company in such a young age, is completely capable of handling our stocks. However, he is a child still and this has been a frequent target of the media. First is his decision of hiring Kai, or Kim Jongin, the adoptive son of my very good friends, Oh Sunhee and Si Hyun. After the explosive release of the magazine Inside, media outlets had started to question Chanyeol’s credibility for the reason that Kim Jongin was not worthy to be hired because of the reputation of his deceased parents and that he let Jongin into the company mainly because of my daughter, Gyuri’s terms during SMA’s annual Pumpkins Gala. This is bull,” she says, almost shocking the audience. “Gyuri has been keeping an eye on Kai and has been training him even before his graduation and Kai has proven that he was, like any other candidates, was worthy of the position, even more. However, circumstances have forced Kai to resign from his position which is sad.”

 

“Secondly, our involvement in the Van der Gilt issue. I am to say that we are in no way connected to the events during the Van der Gilt banquet. However, about the photos circulating taken at a parking lot where the banquet was held, showing Elliot Van der Gilt and my son confronting each other is not for me to discuss but by themselves later.”

 

“Lastly, the assassination of my son and Elliot Van der Gilt, a familiar name, at Seoul International airport. This was indeed a shock not only to the citizens of South Korea but mostly to me. In any case, this is not peculiar, this happens a lot in this kind of business. I do understand though that the root of fire for this incident is Elliot’s involvement. Not only did this open misunderstandings between my family and the Van der Gilts, but we are also dealing with the lives of two of the world’s youngest CEOs to date. In the four months that we have remained silent, we were constantly negotiating and trying to work things out between the two families and to this day, as I stand here, I am proud to say that the product of those sleepless nights has finally come. Everyone, I am pleased to announce to you that Park Industries has successfully closed a partnership deal with Van der Gilt Corporation and will not only continue to serve you as separate entities but also help each other for the betterment of our safety and security.”

 

The audience responds with scattered awes and claps and then the chatters grow even as the discussion continues.

 

Yixing felt a different kind of relief. He was present through the whole process of the negotiation so he knew how hard was it to finally make the two parties agree with each other. This is their wish after all. This is what Chanyeol and Baekhyun wanted and what more can Yixing do for the both of them as atonement for his sins than grant this one request?

 

Mrs. Park cleared and the chatters slowly diminished. “As I’ve said, I will now let the rest of the issues to be clarified by my son.” She said before sitting back down.

 

Chanyeol walked in from the backstage slowly. He was wearing a suit, his sideburns are cut and his hair is pushed to the back. He looked clean. He looked changed. And beside him is his fiancé Baekhee, gently escorting her towards the front. Baekhyun was wearing a laced dress, pink to be exact, and his wig is braided into two, falling softly on his shoulders. The appearance of these two gave a shock to the media and the flashing lights seemed to have doubled. After all, for the past four months, they refused to appear in any interviews. Because in those four months, they have struggled to find their own selves after everything that has happened.

 

“Good morning to all of you are listening to me at this very moment. I am deeply honored and happy to finally be able to stand in front of you like this,” said Chanyeol while scanning the room. “As for my involvement with Elliot Van der Gilt, unfortunately I cannot explain it myself for words are not enough to make you understand. And thus let me all show you the reason I brought my one and only.” He gently pushed Baekhyun to the front.

 

Baekhyun stared at everyone in the room before glancing at the cameras around the venue. The audience, media, everyone in the room was confused as they stare at him expectantly. Of course, all they see is a lover and nothing more so how will this woman explain everything that’s left unexplained?

 

And at the heat of confusion, Baekhyun held his head high and started ing the buttons of his dress. The audience immediately grew frantic at the bold action but Baekhyun continued all the way down to his skirt.

 

“O-oi what the hell is she doing?!”

 

“Is she out of her mind?!”

 

“Is this some kind of protest?”

 

He then took off his top, revealing his plain white tank top underneath. Then he bent down and slipped his hands under his skirt to pull down his pants before ping his skirt and taking them off. And lastly, he immediately took off his wig and ruffled his hair and then smiled at the audience.

 

For a moment, the room was silent and there was nothing but confused and shocked faces. But after a minute, the room exploded and flashes of cameras tripled due to the shocking revelation.

 

“No way!”

 

“This is unbelievable!”

 

“Is that Elliot?!”

 

“Then who’s Baekhee? Park’s lover?!”

 

Baekhyun understood what this meant. H had thought deeply about this and he couldn’t think of anything else to do but this. The world needed to know.

 

Chanyeol squeezed his hand and Baekhyun turned to him. Chanyeol was smiling while handing him the microphone and he immediately smiled back. Of course. All of this is for the one he truly loves more than any title or amount.

 

Baekhyun cleared his throat as he held the microphone in front of him. “I am not an impostor. I am Baekhee as well as Elliot van der Gilt,” He said but the chatters only grew louder as the media hungered for more information. “When I was born, I was given the name Baekhyun by my mother, Byun Hyemi and my father, Edward Van der Gilt. Due to inevitable circumstances, my father left me and my mother and I lived and grew up under my mother’s care. At 10, my mother fell sick and eventually died. When my father learned about this, he immediately came to get me and thus I lived in the Van der Gilt estate since then. When I was 19, I got tired of that kind of life and ran away. I went to Shanghai first and met a few friends. At 21, I moved here in Seoul, Korea with my friend in a house beside where Chanyeol was residing. Because of a few coincidences, the two of us met,” He sighed and observed the crowd. “I don’t know what else I can tell you and to what extent you can comprehend my statement but yes, right now,” He squeezed Chanyeol’s hand. “We are in this kind of relationship.”

 

Chanyeol took the microphone as the crowd goes wild. “I am sorry.” He wasn’t apologizing for being honest. He was apologizing for the people who were about to throw rocks at them. It didn’t matter though because this is what they came for. This is how everything ends and whatever the outcome is, what’s important is that the whole world finally knows everything they’ve been keeping in.

 

“Are you really not an impostor?!”

 

“So Chanyeol-shii, you’re gay?!”

 

“How long have you been going out?!”

 

“Then the whole Van der Gilt deal was already expected to be given to Park Industries?! Was that banquet last year a show to cover up your relationship?!”

 

Baekhyun stepped forward. “No, that’s not—“ He paused when he felt Chanyeol’s hand pulling him back and he turned to look at him. Chanyeol shook his head.

 

“What about Amanda Van der Gilt?!”

 

Baekhyun snarled. Who cares about that ? Well, for the pleasure of everyone wondering, Amanda (who didn’t die, apparently) is imprisoned at a jail for those who are mentally disabled. Yes, she isn’t crazy but what revenge is sweeter than making her suffer for the rest of her life? Baekhyun is laughing maniacally in his head since he thought of it.

 

Oh and Amanda was stripped off of her Van der Gilt name. Sweet, sweet revenge.

 

Also, his sons named Leeteuk (the family lawyer who works as their nanny part-time, if anyone can remember him) as their guardian. Sweet, sweet, sweet revenge.

 

The crowd grew wilder by the second with some people pushing each other here and there. It was inevitable it’d get this violent. Even with Yixing’s guards keeping them away from the stage, riot was surely expected. Chanyeol pulled Baekhyun behind him as he himself stepped back. It wasn’t long before some of the guards were overtaken and the crowd became violent in desperation to get more information.

 

Baekhyun gasped at the sight.

 

“Chanyeol! Baekhyun! In here!”

 

Chanyeol turned to the side and saw Sehun gesturing for them to run over immediately. He didn’t take a second to think and grabbed Baekhyun’s hand and pulled him with him to the side of the stage. Sehun lead them in front and further into the hallways out of the conference room.

 

Yixing felt Kris’ hand grabbing his and he looked up at him. “Wu Fan?”

 

“We should go too.”

 

Yixing followed Kris’ line of sight when he noticed him glancing behind him and saw Kyungsoo at the door at the other side of the stage.

 

--

 

The further they go into the building, the more the crowd chased behind them. It seemed like the audience would even take into consideration chasing them and forcefully bring out more information from them. Chanyeol and Baekhyun expected that it wouldn’t go smoothly but they also didn’t expect it’d go out of control like this.

 

Whatever, Baekhyun thought. His life has always been a chase, going to from places to places, always encountering and find new things. The only difference this time is that someone’s holding his hand, a hand he’s sure will never let him go.

 

“ wrong way.”

 

“ARE YOU ING KIDDING ME?!”

 

“I’M ONLY HUMAN!”

 

They finally reached outside and the sunlight almost blinded Baekhyun. They kept running towards the van where Chen and Luhan’s heads were poking out from the window, yelling at them to run faster. Once they’ve reached, Luhan opened the door to let them both in while Sehun immediately hopped to the front seat. Chen then drove away from the people chasing them as fast as he could.

 

--

 

Mrs. Park sighed and crossed her arms. “Kids,” Luckily, after Yixing and Kris ran out after Chanyeol and Baekhyun did, the guards immediately took her and the other guests to a safer place in one of the rooms of the building and were able to control the situation afterwards. “Their recklessness always surprises me.” She added while pressing on her temples.

 

--

 

Baekhyun was choking for air.

 

“I’M REALLY HAPPY RIGHT NOW, B! DO YOU HAVE ANY IDEA HOW HAPPY I AM?! I’VE MISSED YOU SO MUCH!” Luhan exclaimed while hugging his best friend tightly.

 

“Lulu—I can’t breathe—“

 

“I THOUGHT I WOULD NEVER BE ABLE TO SEE YOU AGAIN!”

 

“Get off—“

 

“OH GOD I’M REALLY HAPPY I COULD DIE—“

 

“I SAID GET OFF OR ELSE YOU’RE LITERALLY GOING TO DIE.”

 

Luhan immediately broke the hug and grinned guiltily at Baekhyun.

 

“Geez, is this what four months of absence do?”

 

“HOW DARE YOU. I was really hurt at that time in the airport you know! Plus your families took you somewhere without us knowing! How do you think am I supposed to feel?! DO YOU TAKE MY FEELINGS AS A JOKE? ARE MY EMOTIONS THAT RIDICULOUS—“

 

“Alright, alright. Here,” Baekhyun said and pulled Luhan into a gentler embrace before the older can finish his exaggerated monologue (that he probably learnt from Disney). “Idiot. I’m so happy right now that I could cry but I didn’t want you to see me crying when we finally meet.” He murmured against Luhan’s nape, still trying to hold back his tears. “I missed you too.”

 

Luhan sighed and smiled while hugging him tightly. “Really, you…”

 

Baekhyun suffered in those four months as much as the rest of them did. In those four months, he didn’t have anyone to run to and embrace like this so right now he just wants to stay like this and make up for the lost time.

 

“Lu,” Baekhyun lifted his head slightly.

 

“Hm?”

 

“The sweater you’re wearing right now…is really ugly,” stated Baekhyun boldly.

 

“Baekhyun!”

 

“I wish I could say I was joking but think about it this way, I’m happy knowing that your fashion sense is nothing without me around.”

 

Luhan chuckled against his hair. “Don’t take too much credit or I’ll lose my job.”

 

Chanyeol turned to the front. “What are you doing?” He deadpanned at Chanyeol who’s maniacally taking photos of Baekhyun and Luhan.

 

“Chen’s driving so I’m the photographer for now.”

 

“Really, you haven’t grown up,” Chanyeol sighed and then finally realized something. “You graduated, huh.”

 

Sehun lowered the camera to take a better look at Chanyeol. “You look bigger. Don’t tell me you grew taller because I’d be really mad.”

 

“Is that what you should say to someone who was shot and almost died?”

 

Sehun flinched. “T-that…no need to bring that up…” Chanyeol blinked at his peculiar reaction.

 

Luhan snorted from his spot. “Forgive him, Chanyeol, he has become really sensitive after the incident, his heart is very vulnerable right now.”

 

“What? Really?”

 

“Aww, Sehunnie.” Baekhyun teased while pouting.

 

“No, don’t coo at me like that! Luhan stop making things up!”

 

“Am I the type who lies?”

 

“You guys are the worst!” Sehun yelled before looking back upfront, sulking.

 

Baekhyun chuckled and then leaned behind Sehun’s seat. “Look at our baby sulking,” He said playfully while pinching Sehun’s cheeks.

 

“Hyung!”

 

Baekhyun smiled when Sehun turned his head towards him. “Congratulations, Sehun.” Sehun blinked at him. “Sorry we weren’t there during your graduation but we were really looking forward to it. Chanyeol, the most.” True enough, Chanyeol wouldn’t stop talking about Sehun the week before his graduation although Chanyeol would never admit it himself but Baekhyun noticed it. He ought to ask him about his sudden fascination towards Sehun but he didn’t seem to be aware that he missed his best friend like how Baekhyun was towards Luhan. Unlike him and Luhan, Chanyeol and Sehun are more prideful and stoic but they’ve remained friends because showering affections aren’t required, they both know how each other feels even without actions and words.

 

“T-thank you…”

 

These people really are his most treasured ones.

 

Baekhyun giggled after seeing Sehun’s flustered face. He really missed teasing this boy. He ruffled Sehun’s hair before leaning back to his seat. “Where’s Kai?” He asked while glancing around as if Kai would suddenly appear.

 

“He went ahead of us.” Luhan answered.

 

Baekhyun turned to Luhan with a confused face. “To where?”

 

“Here!” Chen announced as he stopped the car.

 

Baekhyun’s eyes were wide when the place finally registered to him. “It’s a beach.” He murmured as he remained frozen in his seat while the people around him started moving. He didn’t even blink when Luhan passed in front of him, crouching down. “It’s a beach. It’s a beach with water and sand and—“

 

Chanyeol grabbed Baekhyun’s arms. “Bae, you’re panicking.”

 

“Yeah, join me will you?!”

 

Chanyeol laughed before leaning in to kiss Baekhyun on the lips. “Hey. You’re home. Relax.” He whispered softly while cupping the smaller’s face. All it took one was one look at Chanyeol’s eyes and Baekhyun felt safe.

 

“Come on you two! Everyone’s waiting!” Chen yelled from outside.

 

Chanyeol took Baekhyun’s hand and pulled him out of the van with him. The wind gushed at them and Baekhyun winked at the dust on his eyes. It was cold. The smell…was pleasant. The waves were music to his ears.

 

Chanyeol continued to pull him as they walked behind Luhan, Sehun and Chen.

 

“Chanyeol! Baekhyun!” Baekhyun heard Kai call and immediately peeked from behind Chanyeol. At that moment, Baekhyun finally saw what was waiting for them. Aside from the beauty that is the sea, there are a few tents set up on the sand and a bonfire somewhere in the middle for the night that was about to come.

 

It was a conversation two months ago.

 

“I miss the beach.”

 

“We can go if you want.”

 

“We can’t go without everyone.”

“Bae…” Baekhyun whispered as he squeezed the taller’s hand. “Did you do all of this for me?”

 

Chanyeol chuckled awkwardly and scratched his head. “I was hoping you wouldn’t notice. But it was a group effort. So, do we get a perfect A?” He asked with a grin and Baekhyun only stared at him for a few minutes before he started tearing up. Chanyeol gasped. “B-Bae?”

 

Luhan, Sehun and Chen turned to him and Kai immediately ran over when he noticed him bowing his head.

 

“Hey, why is Baekhyun crying?!” Kai exclaimed then turned to Chanyeol. “Chanyeol what did you do?!”

 

“Why me?!”

 

“Baek, stop crying or what would your friends think of us?” Chen pleaded while trying to comfort the boy.

 

However, Baekhyun realized something and lifted up his head. “My friends?”

 

Chen finally noticed his mistake and laughed. He smiled at Baekhyun before tilting his head towards the beach in which Baekhyun immediately followed through his sight. And there he saw them. Conversing by the bonfire, probably arguing by the looks of it, was Minseok and Tao.

 

Baekhyun immediately started running towards them. “Minseok! Tao!”

 

Minseok and Tao both turned at the same time and smiled widely at Baekhyun, immediately hugging him when the smaller jumped at them in joy. “Hey long time no see!” Minseok said.

 

“What are you guys doing here?”

 

“Oh? Chen invited us to the plan.” Tao stated while looking at Chen who’s walking towards them with the others around him.

 

“Plan? So all of you were behind this?”

 

“Not really…I mean we didn’t do a group meeting or anything. He just told us what to do.”

 

“And it’s not like we’ve met them before.” Tao stated with a shrug, pertaining to a few of Baekhyun’s unfamiliar companions.

 

Baekhyun turned to Chen who was expectedly smiling proudly. He let the others introduce themselves to each other as he walked towards Chen. “Chen, you make me so sad. I didn’t know you were that in love with me.”

 

“You could at least thank me for being the greatest friend ever before mocking me.”

 

Baekhyun laughed loudly before pulling Chen into a tight hug. “Thank you, really. This means so much to me.”

 

Baekhyun was shaking, Chen noticed. It was understandable at the least. He can imagine how much Baekhyun just wants to break down and cry out the happiness overflowing inside him.

 

“You recorded that didn’t you?”

 

“Yeah, we’ll never know when that will come in handy.”

 

Baekhyun kicked him in the knee playfully, breaking the hug.

 

What happened after that was exactly what anyone would imagine. After meeting a fellow Chinese, Luhan and Tao hasn’t stopped conversing in Mandarin since. Sehun was (cutely) awkward around Minseok, who’s the oldest of them all, and Minseok wondered if it was the difference in culture (which is least likely since they’re both Korean) or the age since he didn’t seem to have any problems hanging around Tao who’s the same age as Sehun.

 

“Are you leaving us out?”

 

Baekhyun almost snapped his head turning to where the voice came from and immediately smiled after seeing Kris, Yixing and Kyungsoo walking towards them. They were carrying coolers and boxes of food and Kai and Chanyeol walked over to help Yixing and Kyungsoo.

 

For some reason, Baekhyun always felt calm looking at Yixing and Kris. He remembered how Yixing won’t even face them when they were at the hospital back in London, always refusing to come inside the room even though he went through the trouble of going. Baekhyun and Chanyeol both knew that he was guilty but they also didn’t want to push him to his limit.

 

The day Baekhyun heard the police’s report about Yixing being the sniper, his heart almost stopped but he held into that belief that Yixing wouldn’t do anything like that except when it’s extremely necessary and he held into that belief until Chanyeol told him what he knew. Then it was all left to Yixing to accept that he didn’t do anything wrong on purpose.

 

Baekhyun almost gasped when Kris suddenly took up his line of sight by leaning so close to his face. “Kris?”

 

Kris looked at his hair with his eyebrows crooked. Baekhyun only blinked at him, confused, until Kris pulled out what seemed to be a hair clip from his pocket and clipped his fringe to the side. “That looks better.” Kris said while leaning back.

 

“Um.”

 

“Your hair’s gotten longer. It’s a bit weird.”

 

“Do I look weird?” More importantly, why does Kris bring a hair clip around?

 

“No, not that,” Kris immediately denied. “How do I say this? Like, it’s not you.”

 

It’s a bit vague but Baekhyun understood what he was trying to say and so he laughed. “I get it, I get it. I’ll get it cut.”

 

Kris smiled down at him. “It’s nice to see you happy,” He mumbled while turning his head to a certain direction where Yixing was happily giving out the fried bananas they brought. “When you’re happy, he’s happy.”

 

Baekhyun followed his line of sight and smiled. “Yeah.”

 

“B!” Luhan suddenly jumped from behind him. “Let’s go swim!”

 

Baekhyun balanced them both to avoid stumbling down the sand. “Wai—you’re already dressed to swim?!”

 

Luhan grabbed his hand and started running towards the shore. “Come on before night comes!”

 

They stopped by the shore so Baekhyun can take his shirt and pants off, leaving just the shorts and his exposed skin glowing with the sun reflected on his sweat. Chanyeol saw him when he glanced around to find more food and immediately ran towards that exposed back, leaving his food behind.

 

“Bae wait!”

 

Baekhyun flinched after making one step and turned around at Chanyeol who was running towards him.

 

“Chanyeol?” Luhan blinked in confusion.

Chanyeol then picked him up on his shoulders and started walking back.

 

Luhan gasped. “BAEKHYUN HAS BEEN KIDNAPPED!” But that dramatic act didn’t last long as he felt a solid material hit his chin and he groans in pain before looking down to see what it was (after glowering at Sehun of course).

 

A sunscreen.

 

“Chan? Hey, Bae—“ Baekhyun almost screamed when Chanyeol suddenly carried him down to stand on the ground.

 

“You haven’t even put sunscreen yet.”

 

“It’s fine.”

 

“Do you want to get sunburned? Your skin will become ugly.”

 

Baekhyun gasped, really affected this time. “Oh no! Hurry put it in me!”

 

Chen and Jongin, who are peacefully fattening up themselves while watching over their bags and food, almost, almost, choked at their watermelons.

 

“Stay still! Stop moving around!”

 

“But I’m excited!” Baekhyun chirped as he watched Sehun push Luhan mercilessly to the water and Luhan kicking him on the shin afterwards.

 

“If I don’t put it properly, it’ll sting later!”

 

Chen and Jongin’s paused and decided to put the bananas they were going to eat back into its place.

 

“Ah, it came out!” Chanyeol groaned after he accidentally squeezed the lotion a little too hard. “Bae, the cream is all over you!”

 

“Stop squeezing it!”

 

“CAN’T YOU TWO JUST GET A ROOM SO WE CAN EAT PEACEFULLY?!”

 

Chanyeol and Baekhyun stared at them in confusion.

 

“Chanyeol, you’re so clumsy.” Kyungsoo said, coming up behind them.

 

“I was wondering what was taking to so long to come back and here you are playing with the sun screen.” Luhan said, walking beside Kyungsoo. Sehun, who came with him, took the box filled with more food from Kyungsoo and brought it to Chen and Jongin so the three of them can ravage it together.

 

“Here, I’ll help,” said Kyungsoo while grabbing Baekhyun’s arm.

 

“Me too.” Luhan seconded while crouching down to fix the scampered creams on Baekhyun’s legs.

 

Chanyeol stared at the three, frozen, and gulped with Sehun, Jongin and Chen doing the same after a minute, since, you know, there is totally, absolutely and obviously nothing wrong with Kyungsoo and Luhan, both topless as it is, rubbing cream all over Baekhyun’s skin or in Chanyeol’s words, beautiful white porcelain skin.

 

Really.

 

Nothing.

 

Baekhyun sighed at the sight of them four. “You guys are staring too much.”

 

Luhan glanced at them. “You’re not imagining something dirty again, are you?”

 

“Of course not!” They said in unison.

 

They are, actually.

 

“Wait…again?”

 

“Yeah, for some reason, they imagine me and Baekhyun making out.”

 

“Reeeeallyyyyy?” Kyungsoo crooned in surprise. “I didn’t know they could be that dirty. I mean I know Jongin had always imagined banging Baekhyun when we started going out—“ He was immediately cut off when Baekhyun sent a surprised look at Jongin.

 

However, there was a much greater threatening force coming from Chanyeol. “Is that why the two are close now?!” He exclaimed, shamelessly dragging Chen to the path of shame with Jongin. “Do you two only think about doing my Baekhyun when you’re together?!”

 

Chen snorted. “Like you don’t.”

 

“Am I your prey?!”

 

Sehun chuckled. “Hyung, there’s really no helping that. Although I’m not like them, I think I understand.”

 

Baekhyun squinted at him. For some reason he is a bit skeptical at that declaration but he’s happy nonetheless that Sehun at least respects him by not thinking about doing dirty things with him. He turned to Kyungsoo then. “Aren’t you bothered by this?”

 

Kyungsoo shrugged. “Not really. It’s not like Jongin’s going to get any.”

 

Chen smirked proudly. “You see, my friend, that is why I am in a much better league than you.”

 

“You have no one. Nobody loves you. You are alone in life. Who’s in a better league now?” Jongin retorted.

 

Jonggdae shoved the banana into his mouth while praying he get choked by it.

 

Baekhyun sighed at them apathetically and turned to Luhan who was almost done rubbing the cream on his legs. “At least you don’t have problems with Sehun. That’s good.”

 

“Yeah…not really…” Luhan mumbled. “He’s probably imagining us having a right now.”

 

Baekhyun, Kyungsoo, Chanyeol, Chen, Jongin, the lifeguard, the kids playing by the sand, the hot Australian tourist by the bar, the bartender by the bar, the fat American at the gym, the dogs, the cats, the birds and the fishes turned to him in unison.

 

“I am not!” Sehun denied immediately.

 

“Not like us, indeed. You’re even worst.” Chanyeol, Chen and Jongin while giving him the look.

 

“Alright, all done!” Kyungsoo and Luhan yelled. “Come on, let’s go swim!” They grabbed Baekhyun’s hands and started running to the sea, living the four guys to deal with the innuendos by themselves (although they wish that they won’t do anything more than talk about it).

 

They did stay behind and talked about it though because it was a bit (okay, maybe a lot) awkward, they decided to change topics with Sehun as their victim (and Sehun tried to coax himself with the thought that maybe it’s because today was his graduation although really, it’s just because he’s Sehun that he’s the victim).

 

Baekhyun, Luhan and Kyungsoo played around the water, dragging Yixing when they spotted him collecting shells by the shore and had fun by themselves. Later that afternoon, Kris has seemingly snatched Chen and forced him to take pictures of his back with the sceneries as background, specifically asking him to “Make it as dramatic as possible”, but no matter how much Chen tried, they’re all ridiculous (but he’s not going to say that out loud).

 

Minseok and Tao were found jet skiing but due to old age, Minseok gave up after the third round and Tao had no choice but to drag Sehun to go with him since they’re the same age and Minseok was quite offended, especially when he ended up paying for their fees. Sitting on the shore, carefully watching Sehun and Tao, he looked like a babysitter. Luhan saw him when he went out of the water to grab water (like he hasn’t had enough) and approached him for the sake of friendly gesture because he loves Baekhyun.

 

It turned out they had a lot in common than they expected and ended up talking until sunset came.

 

Sehun was, of course, a lot bothered by the fact that after he was done jet skiing, Luhan was ignoring him, even until now that they’re all slowly gathering around the bonfire to eat Luhan was still caught up with talking to Minseok. Baekhyun, after Chanyeol forced him to wear a sweater to hide his s, sat beside the younger when he saw him pouting and pinched his cheeks. Of course, it’s a given that he’s jealous.

 

“No need to worry though. Minseok isn’t really thinking about relationships and stuff.”

 

“Ugh, just look at them,” Sehun murmured. “Talking so happily and here I am getting ignored.”

 

Baekhyun knew that Luhan was doing it on purpose but he is weak towards Sehun that he can’t keep going along with Luhan’s plan. So he called Tao, whispered something, and then left him with Sehun. As expected, after Sehun started getting busier with Tao talking all over the place, Luhan started to get distracted. Baekhyun (and Minseok because he knows everything) are secretly laughing in their heads.

 

Baekhyun sat in between Chanyeol’s thighs and Chanyeol wrapped a blanket over him so that he doesn’t get cold and then hugged the smaller. “How do you feel?”

 

“I feel great. It’s been what? 3 years? And we can finally put the past behind our backs.”

 

Chanyeol smiled and intertwined his hand with Baekhyun’s. “I’m glad we didn’t give up.” Chanyeol felt the smaller’s laugh vibrate against his chest, making him tighten the hug.

 

“This will go on forever right? No more cross-dressing, no more Kyungsoo or Kris getting in between us, no more Van der Gilt stunts…”

 

“Yes,” Chanyeol replied softly. “Just you and me. Byun Baekhyun and Park Chanyeol without titles, living in our own home somewhere far.” They have always wanted it. They felt the need to be alone with each other for a while so they planned on buying a house in New York and living there for a few years before coming back to Korea. They’re still in the middle of planning so they haven’t told anyone about it but they know their friends will be more than supportive.

 

Yixing, Kyungsoo, Jongin and Kris came back with the food, placing them on top of the picnic blankets with Luhan almost causing a spillage for being overdramatic while arguing with Sehun (see how that worked out for him, heh).

 

“Everyone! Let’s take a photo!” Chen yelled while standing in front of the bonfire with a camera on hand. There were disheveled whines but Chen insisted that they take a picture while the bonfire is still up and alive and before they eat the food. Everyone then eventually agreed and started gathering in front of the bonfire, figuring out where to stand, while Chen set up the tripod.

 

Baekhyun stood in the middle, crouching slightly, with Chanyeol behind him. Luhan was beside him, clinging on to his shoulders while Yixing stood on his other side with Kris beside him, his arm placed on the smaller’s shoulders. Minseok stood beside Luhan with Tao towering behind him Sehun sat on the sand with Jongin and Kyungsoo. Chen adjusted the camera so they can all fit into the frame before setting up the timer for 10 seconds. Then he quickly ran beside Sehun to sit on the sand.

 

Baekhyun never realized how blessed he was until now to have met all of these people. He hoped they remain in each other’s hearts forever whenever and wherever, always willing to give each other a supportive pat on the back.

 

“SAY SWEG!”

 

“SWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEG!!!”

 

And just like in the photo, their smiles will remain throughout their perfectly imbalanced life.

 

Forever.

 


 

a/n:

ahh it has ended T_____T

thank you everyone for supporting this story from chapter 1 til the last chapter

READERS, i will miss all of you and your kawaii. i read all your comments and you guys are just too cute ;A;

this story went on for 1 year and 6 months (Oct 5 2012 - May 11 2014) and omg thank you to those who remained for 1 and a half years ;A;

i am emotional rn

I LOVE YOU EVERY ONE OF MY 3300+ SUBSCRIBERS <3 SEE YOU <3

- gelie

a/n: why do i make typos even in this last chappie

i typed 2 years im sorry it's just 1 year ;;;