Pretty Little Liars

Perfectly Imbalanced

 


 

 

Waking up with the birds singing was music to his ears. But waking up with birds singing and continuous jamming of the hammer from the opposite side of the wall was annoying to the extent that he can punch the wall right into Luhan’s face.

 

That bastard is obviously doing this on purpose.

 

He hopped off from the bed.

 

He is obviously not in the mood today. Baekhyun wasn’t sure if it was the huge amount of anger he released last night or his lack of sleep because of finishing the work Jessica gave him. Whatever it is, an image of Luhan’s face just annoys the hell out of him.

 

So he grabbed his laptop, plugged the speakers’ wire into its port, picked out a music—more like noise for Luhan—and turned the volume into full. He smirked. Attack Attack’s Smokahontas is perfect for a morning lullaby. He always knew of Luhan’s hatred for rock music and this is the perfect opportunity to test it out.

 

Just a few seconds after the music started, he heard the jamming stop.

 

“BAEKHYUN SHUT THE UP IT’S 8 IN THE MORNING YOU LITTLE !!! TURN OFF THAT DEMONIC MUSIC YOU BASTARD!!!”

 

Baekhyun lied back down on his bed. “SORRY, I CAN’T HEAR YOU FROM ALL THIS AWESOMNESS.”

 

He heard the jamming grew louder and faster. There was even a sound of a chainsaw at one point. But who cares anyway.

 

Baekhyun: 1

 

Luhan: 0

 

--

 

Chanyeol almost spitted his coffee out when he heard rock music blasting from his neighbor followed by a series of profanities intended either to the source or the music itself. Maybe even both. He was thinking it was the end of the world.

 

He paused. “Was that a chainsaw?”

 

He turned to the window and saw that the house was still in once piece. Either it looked peaceful outside or it was just waiting for the right time to explode. Baekhyun and Luhan sure fight like it’s the end of the world. The worst enemy you can ever have is actually your own best friend. It’s scary.

 

--

 

So in the end, even Baekhyun got irritated with the music so he turned it off. Luhan seemed to have grown quieter too. When he heard the shower switch on, he took this opportunity to go downstairs and grab some breakfast. While preparing his pancakes, he took the liberty to check on their phone’s messages.

 

Beep.

 

“Baekhyun? This is Hyomin. Jessica asked if you ordered the figurines she asked you to. It will be used for Yunho’s party tonight. Reply ASAP.”

 

Figurines?

 

Beep.

 

“Oh and it was written on a post-it on the first box Jessica gave you.”

 

He turned to the boxes sprawled on te floor neard the couch and grimaced when he found the baby blue post-its with words that said ‘Order Angel Figurines good for 600 people’.

 

.

 

My.

 

Life.

 

He was panicking okay.

 

He’s educated and well-informed enough to know that it’s not easy to gather 600 figurines in a span of hours. They need days. And even if he was able to order those today, they wouldn’t be able to deliver them tonight. He should’ve done this yesterday but then again nothing could be down yesterday after all the dramatic confrontations and Sehun lying his way out of having to explain something he is obviously trying to hide.

 

That brat.

 

He clawed his hair until one person came up.

 

That one person who was enough connections and underground businesses.

 

That one person.

 

He dialed Chen’s number on the phone. Luckily, the photographer answered immediately. “The subscriber you are calling is currently not avail—“

 

“Oh shut up Chen,”

 

There was a short pause.

 

“Okay. What? Who are you? What is your business?”

 

“It’s Baekhyun.”

 

Another short pause.

 

“BAEKHYUN! LONG TIME NO TALK! Do you need anything?”

 

“Yes, I do. Since you didn’t help me when I got fired, you are indebted to me right?”

 

“I am?”

 

“Are you that stupid?”

 

“O-ofcourse I am indebted to you! I know that!”

 

Baekhyun smirked.

 

Of course he was talking nonsense.

 

But Chen is pretty stupid.

 

“This is what I want you to do.”

 

--

 

Luhan always likes bathing before Baekhyun does because he gets to use the shower room while it’s clean…especially now since he purposely squeezed the shampoo, spreading it on the tiles until it’s empty and then chopped the soap into pieces and then broke the toilet’s flush. All of this so he can hear Baekhyun’s scream or yell or shriek or tantrums while he chills in the kitchen, savouring his home made pancakes or the likes.

 

He didn’t think it would come sooner though since a few seconds after he got out, he saw Baekhyun running to the bathroom. He’s not even sure if Baekhyun just ignored him or did not actually see him standing there. Either way, it doesn’t change anything. He shrugged and proceeded downstairs to cook his own breakfast.

 

Of course who was he kidding?

 

“Cereals it is,” Luhan murmured while grabbing the cereal box from the fridge and then the milk.

 

He was gently pouring the milk down –which kind of produced bubbles at some point but he chose to ignore it—when he heard an infamous scream coming from the bathroom upstairs.

 

“GODDAMNIT LUHAN YOU SON OF A !”

 

Luhan heard a few more slipping sounds and splashes.

 

And then rapi footsteps were getting nearer until he noticed a figure by the stairs. He looked up and saw Baekhyun covered with soaps and bubbles and incredibly wet with shampoo and water.

 

“I SWEAR TO GOD YOU WILL NOT MAKE IT OUT HERE ALIVE! !”

 

Luhan smirked at him.

 

Luhan: 1

 

Baekhyun: 1

 

It’s a tie.

 

He watched as Baekhyun snobbed him, turning around and carefully walking back to the bathroom to clean himself up.

 

 

Ah, Baekhyun’s tantrums.

 

Music to his ears.

 

He placed the box of milk down and spooned the cereal to his mouth.

 

After three more chews, he spitted the cereal out.

 

“FREAKING HELL—“ He snarled and smelled the box of milk. “DETERGENT?!”

 

He looked down on his bowl and then he finally noticed the growing bubbles. He inhaled deeply, clenching his fist in anger.

 

“BYUN ING BAEKHYUN.”

 

Baekhyun: 2

 

Luhan: 1

 

Hohoho.

 

Luhan stood up and threw the cereals on the sink, then started washing his mouth so the detergent comes off.

 

That .

 

He will pay for this.

 

He heard the phone ring but being too busy washing the detergent off his mouth, he let it reach the message tone.

 

“Baek? It’s Chen. I’ll just confirm the favor you asked me. It was Angel Figurines right?”

 

Luhan crooked his eyebrows and then slowly turned the faucet off. While grabbing a towel, a blue sticky note on the floor caught his eye and picked it up.

 

‘Order Angel Figurines good for 600 people’.

 

He made an ‘O’ and then smirked.

 

He will surely pay for this.

 

And he will pay for this now.

 

He picked up the phone and dialed Chen’s number.

 

--

 

While Baekhyun was trying hard to enhance in speed in picking the right clothes while grooming himself, he can’t help but get distracted and irritated at the sound of his phone constantly vibrating on the bed. The fact that it’s from an unregistered number makes it even more irritating. It could just be some spam message or whatsoever. He shouldn’t have given his number to anyone.

 

After a few failed attempts, he was finally able to wear his shoes properly. He ran to grab his motor keys, of course not forgetting his phone before scurrying out of the door. He was running out of time. If ever Chen failed to help him, he would need to accomplish the task himself and he needs to be fast.

 

It’s already 9 am and that doesn’t sound any better.                                                     

 

The pressure of having to procure evidence about Sehun and Kai’s screwed up relationship whatsoever was getting to him too.

 

After five more vibrations, Baekhyun’s patience suddenly snapped and decided to open the messages. They were all from the same number…and the messages hold the same meanings.

 

He sighed.

 

Well, at least one of his problems is done.

 

He didn’t even care if Luhan was sending him death glares while tilting his heaad awkwardly under the running water, trying to wash something off his mouth, as long as Chen phones him and tells him that he got the orders done.

 

And luckily, he did.

 

Beep.

 

“Hey Baek, the ordering’s done. You should’ve told me it was this easy.”

 

OH.

 

WELL SORRY.

 

He didn’t even let the message finish before running out of the house, slamming the door shut.

 

“—it’s a good thing Luhan was there to confirm something.”

 

Luhan smirked as he watched Baekhyun drive away from the house.

 

--

 

At 10 AM sharp, while sitting at the old coffee shop he just found a minute ago, glancing occasionally outside while watching Sehun enter the premises, was when his plan commenced. This wouldn’t be so hard. Scheming has always been his hidden talent. He’s got the advantage this time, since this is Sehun we’re talking about. And Sehun is stupid.

 

Hey.

 

This wasn’t his idea.

 

He got annoyed with his phone vibrating non-stop with an interval of two seconds. It was an unregistered number but judging from the messages, he knew it was Sehun. Who else would put emoticons like ;A; or T__T at the end of every sentence if not someone who’s guilty about damaging a friendship?

 

Baekhyun supposed he can use this opportunity to squeeze the truth out of Sehun’s mouth. His subconscious would say this is a really bad idea. But who was he kidding? He’s not the one who started.

 

Sehun sat down slowly, clearing his throat so Baekhyun will look at him and then there’s the silence.

 

Sehun broke the silence with a loud tap of his foot when he shifted. “Look, Baekhyunnie—“

 

“Don’t Baekhyunnie me,” Baekhyun shot, startling the younger.

 

“—Baekhyun, I’m sorry about what happened last night. Don’t worry I’ll tell Luhan the truth at Yunho’s party tonight.” Sehun bit his lip, feeling like he was being scrutinized by a detective under a lamp. Baekhyun’s gaze wasn’t really helping. “I was just scared. I thought Luhan would chomp my head off if I said something.”

 

“I don’t understand.” Baekhyun exhaled deeply. “Why do you need to lie? I mean, what’s in it for you? What would that truth do to you? Do you want to play favorites? Do you want to be Luhan’s favorite? You want to break our friendship so you can be his best friend?”

 

“No! No—god—that’s ridiculous!” Sehun leaned forward. “Look, I can’t tell you—“

 

“Bull,”

 

Sehun held his breath. He didn’t expect convincing Baekhyun that he didn’t have any ill intentions would be so hard. Then again, he was an . Baekhyun showed him kindness and this is what he does. He knows they’re best friends, really close, and God forbids he would’ve done anything to protect such friendship, he just didn’t know why he said that last night.

 

Maybe it was because Luhan did look like he was going to chop my head off?

 

He shook his head. He looked up and there he noticed a small scratch on Baekhyun’s cheek. “What happened to your cheek?”

 

“Luhan happened,”

 

Sehun bit his lip.

 

Is this how they fight?

 

Sehun cleared his throat and sat up straight. “Okay,” He hesitated for a bit, fiddling with the cup’s handle, until Baekhyun rolled his eyes and snarled at him. Here goes nothing. “I broke the vase.”

 

He waited for a reaction.

 

All he got was a dull one.

 

“Look, Sehun, even though I hate you so much right now, that don’t make any sense. How the hell did you break it? You haven’t even walked near to it. And I was with you last night.”

 

“Yeah, before you left with Chanyeol,”

 

Baekhyun opened his mouth to speak but paused when a realization came in. “Before I left with Chanyeol…” He gasped.

 

“Yeah, you forgot about your house because you were too excited, and I was there…”

 

“I was not excited!” Baekhyun slammed his fists on the table. “BUT HOLY YOU BROKE THE——YOU BROKE HIS VASE!!!”

 

Now that’s a reaction.

 

“YOU BROKE HIS FREAKING VASE!”

 

Sehun was getting worried because Baekhyun was clawing his hair so he told him to stop yelling. But of course, this is Baekhyun we’re talking about.

 

“YOU CAN’T TELL ME WHAT TO DO! YOU BROKE HIS VASE AND YOU LET HIM ACCUSE ME OF DOING SUCH THING!”

 

Sehun wanted to sink on the floor so bad.

 

“Um, excuse me,” They turned to Kyungsoo who was trying to be a hero. “You’re disturbing the customers—“

 

“SHUT UP YOU FREAK!” Baekhyun barked, earning gasps from every corner of the place.

 

“Baekhyun, please just calm down,” Sehun finally said, standing up, while trying to get hold of an aggressive Baekhyun. Starting a scandal was not on his to-do list this morning.

 

Kyungsoo looked pissed. Yeah, the waiter just looked pissed and so not amused.  Sehun was occupied with trying to get hold of Baekhyun without getting injured that it took long for him to notice the water dripping down his hands and he quickly backed away and watched as Kyungsoo drop a bucket of ice and water on Baekhyun, freezing the brunette in shock. Sehun was shocked himself but he can’t help but think it worked.

 

Baekhyun turned to Kyungsoo in disbelief.

 

“You were disturbing the customers.”

 

“I AM A CUSTOMER!”

 

Kyungsoo sling the bucket on his shoulders. “Exit’s that way, sir,”

 

Sehun cleared his throat. “Baekhyun, we should just go,”

 

“YOU.” Baekhyun pointed to Kyungsoo. “This isn’t over.”

 

Sehun immediately moved away to make way for an angry Baekhyun who was stomping out of the restaurant. He gave Kyungsoo and apologetic look before following the brunette outside. He saw Baekhyun hugging himself, rubbing his hands against his forearms due to to the cold temperature. He took off his coat and wore them on Baekhyun, the brunette turning in surprise.

 

“Just say thank you,”

 

“Tch. You wish.” There was a moment of silence before Baekhyun threw his head back and laughed. Sehun thought he’s crazy. Must be because of the ice. “I haven’t done that in a long time.”

 

“By that…do you mean what you did back there?”

 

Baekhyun nodded with a grin. “I used to do that a lot back in China. You can ask Luhan. I would randomly start yelling and even though Luhan is clueless, he would play along. It’s fun.”

 

“You thought that was fun.” Sehun deadpans.

 

“Yeah, your face is even more fun.” Baekhyun chuckled. “Anyway, I haven’t really forgiven you so if you may me to a nearby shop and buy me clothes so I don’t freeze to death here.”

 

“I was about to say that,”

 

“The hell you were,” Baekhyun stuck a tongue out on him and started walking.

 

Well, this didn’t turn out so bad.

 

--

 

Chanyeol gulped. Just a few seconds ago, he rang the doorbell of Luhan and Baekhyun’s house. As the sound of the footsteps grew closer, he was anticipating who he was going to see. Will it be Baekhyun who looked so horrified last night or Luhan who looked like freaking Hulk and Shrek combined?

 

He pressed the doorbell again, getting tense by the second until the door slammed open.

 

“WHAT.” Luhan asked, obviously annoyed. “Oh. If you’re looking for Baekhyun, he just left.”

 

“Is that so?” Luhan nodded. “Well, can I come in still?”

 

Luhan raised an eyebrow. “Don’t you have to go to work?”

 

“When there is Kai, there is no work for me,”

 

“Of course that’s the case,” Luhan opened the door fully and tilted his head. “Suit yourself,”

 

It was surprisingly warm inside. When Chanyeol sat on the couch, waiting for Luhan to return from the kitchen, he noticed it was too silent. He turned to the sound of cups ringing from his left and saw Luhan approaching with a tray on hand. “Still no TV?” He asked.

 

Luhan shook his head. “Still no. Why is it so hard to have one? Why are they so expensive?!”

 

Chanyeol chuckled. “I can give you one—“

 

“Don’t.” Luhan raised a finger just after he carefully placed the tray on the table in between them. “Do not start. I swear to God if you finish that sentence, I will rip your head off.”

 

Hulk and Shrek combined.

 

Just…no.

 

Chanyeol chose to close his mouth. “So…” He started while grabbing a cup of tea. “How are you?”

 

“Fine, I guess,” Luhan shrugged. “This whole fight is draining my energy...we never really fought before so it would be nice if this ended. But I just can’t believe he lied to me,”

 

“Look, Luhan, what I said last night was true. I didn’t say that because of reasons. He was going to throw it on me, or maybe to the floor, but he stopped and told me that vase was important to you. You can’t possibly think he’d really lie to you, did you?”

 

“Who knows,” Luhan replied. “He’s quite unpredictable sometimes,”

 

Chanyeol sighed. “You two are best friends.”

 

“Yeah, but best friends have fights too,” Luhan placed the cup back on the tray after a few sips. “Anyway, shouldn’t you be more worried though? You two were in the headlines.”

 

“Oh, Kai took care of it.”

 

“Kai again.”

 

Chanyeol nodded. “Yes, Kai again.”

 

“You should at least do you work in your company.”

 

“I do know how but I’m not really the hands-on type. That’s why I’m the boss. I order them around.”

 

Only rich people would find that explanation reasonable. Luhan thought and decided to shut it.

 

CAUSE I’M A POOR MAN…

 

WHO CAN’T EVEN AFFORD A TV...

 

AND HAS ENOUGH TIME TO FIGHT WITH HIS BEST FRIEND…

 

Luhan sighed. “You know, B and I don’t usually fight.”

 

“It’s kind of obvious.”

 

“Well, if pushing each other off the bed is not considered a fight.”

 

“If you don’t usually fight, I’m sure it’ll be a matter of time before you get sick of avoiding each other so eventually you will find yourselves saying ‘PEACE YO’.” Chanyeol said with an awkward peace sign.

 

Wow, that was not cool.

 

PEACE YO?

 

REALLY?

 

Luhan sighed again. “That’s the point.”

 

“What is?”

 

“…we don’t usually fight…we don’t make up either.”

 

It took about 15 minutes for a light bulb to light above Chanyeol’s head. “Oh.”

 

 

--

 

Sehun wasn’t the shopaholic type, well not as bad as Chanyeol at least, so he wasn’t realy oriented on how you do things inside the shopping mall. Baekhyun seems to be having a good time though. In the span of 1 and a half hours, what was supposed to be a search for change of clothes, turned into shopping for more. The worst part is he’ll be paying all the clothes Baekhyun picked.

 

Sometimes he wondered if Baekhyun just loves shopping for clothes. Then again, given their status, that would be completely nonsense.

 

So, he thought it’s kind of a way to let out all the negative vibes inside his body.

 

Sehun was just lucky enough to be the recipient.

 

Negative vibes—his fight with Luhan.

 

So, technically it is my fault.

 

15 minutes passed and he realized all the clothes Baekhyun picked were colored black.

 

“Um, Baek,” He started. Baekhyun didn’t budge but he’s sure the brunette had heard him. “Are you going to a funeral?”

 

“Yeah, yours,” Baekhyun mumbled, eyes fixed on the clothes, hesitating to take them or not.

 

That would be equivalent to shut up. So Sehun decided to zip his mouth.

 

“Ya, isn’t he a model in Homme Fatale?”

 

Sehun’s ears twitched.

 

“Oh my God, you’re right. Wow, he’s really cute.”

 

“There’s not much difference from photos.”

 

AND MORE DAGSFAJDFNSKLFHIODSFJKSAMNFKSAFNHSJHF AND SKKSDFNJDIHFUIHFE AND ZZZZZZ.

 

Sehun suddenly grew anxious of the growing crowd behind him.

 

KYAAAAAA!!!! >.<

 

Of course, girl people. GIRL PEOPLE.

 

He was too busy observing each and every one of their faces that he failed to notice Baekhyun in the counter.

 

“That would be…hella expensive.” The girl in the counter said and pointed at how much it all costs.

 

“Okay. Let that man pay.”

 

--

 

Sehun swore if he sees Baekhyun, he’ll carry him to the fountain and throw him down, along with all the clothes he bought with his money. He wouldn’t have gotten mad or something, actually he wasn’t mad, he was just in for a massive prank or revenge (cause revenge is sweet) because when he found Baekhyun nowhere inside the store, he walked out to search for him, and then the next thing he knew was that he was being surrounded with the securities for the reason HE DIDN’T PAY. All he can say was, DO YOU SEE ME BRINGING ANYTHING I SHOULD BE PAYING FOR?

 

And then we insert Baekhyun here.

 

So he threw in his credit card and immediately dashed out to find Baekhyun and cut his head off.

 

He saw a familiar brunette head somewhere behind a crowded area infront of a stage where an event was being held, with tons of paper bags around him and even from that, he knew it was Byun Baekhyun. He walked towards him. He stopped beside him, turned and the first thing he noticed was that he was a lollipop. “Do I have to pay for that lollipop too?”

 

Baekhyun took the lollipop out his mouth. “A kid gave me this.”

 

Sehun blinked. “A kid gave you a lollipop? Isn’t it supposed to be the other way around?”

 

Baekhyun turned his head to him. “What’s wrong with that? If a kid wants to give me a lollipop, let the kid give me a goddamn lollipop.”

 

“Okay, okay, relax.”

 

SOOOO MOODY.

 

When silence enveloped them both—okay not really since the speakers are so loud—Sehun squinted to look at Baekhyun. He looked very serious, observant even, his eyes glued to the stage, watching the fashion show intensely. He remembered that Baekhyun used to be a model, before all this, and he was a very good one. Seeing him staring at the models made Sehun think he must miss his old job.

 

“It’s weird.” Baekhyun suddenly blurted out, almost catching Sehun off guard. He didn’t have time to ask what he was referring to because Baekhyun supplied with his own elaborative answer. “They host this event, make the models wear clothes and walk in the runway, yet the audience lack enthusiasm.”

 

Yeah, well, Sehun isn’t ignorant to those things.

 

“Like what you may be thinking right now, business tycoons and…I don’t know, maybe just random wealthy people, are hard to please.” Sehun said, almost surprised by his own words. “Plus, the whole purpose of this charity event whatsoever was to expose those tycoon’s fiancés in the runway. I’d have you know that looks are really a big factor to success.”

 

“Psh. Yeah, right.” Baekhyun reacted.

 

“That happens every time, not every year, not every month. As long as you have a host, a clothing line and sponsors.” Sehun explained, though he himself is not sure what he was trying to explain. But he knew he would have to say it sooner. “You’re going to be up there too.”

 

“If that’s true then that ,”

 

Sehun laughed at him. “Yeah, whether you like it or you like it very much.”

 

“I’d choose the Or.”

 

“Don’t worry, if that happens, I’d cheer for you. I’ll tell my other friends to come too and cheer for you too. We’ll be bringing banners and balloons and whatnot. Cool, right?” Sehun said with the stupidest grin.

 

“The cheer would be enough. I wouldn’t want to trip while walking because I’m sure I’d laugh at you people.” Baekhyun replied while chuckling, his lollipop stuck between his gums as he smiles wide.

 

Well, okay, maybe I do forgive Sehun.

 

He’s a kid.

 

Who’s, apparently, in love with Luhan.

 

Who would rather throw Luhan’s best friend off the cliff so he can marry the latter.

 

Who would sacrifice his credit card so the best friend he threw off the cliff will forgive him.

 

So yeah, maybe I don’t need that stupid scoop.

 

I don’t even care about their relationship unless Sehun suddenly comes running to me, sobbing, or unless Kai starts slamming fists on the wall—cause he missed Sehun—, which doesn’t look like it’s going to happen soon.

 

They have this…

 

Bro Code.

 

I guess.

 

Baekhyun felt his phone vibrate and immediately excused himself—albeit what he really did was order Sehun to watch over the bags—and walked away from the noise. “Hello?”

 

“MAN YOU ARE IN BIG TROUBLE—“

 

Oh, Hyomin.

 

“JESSICA IS SO MAD. THE FIGURINES YOU ORDERED ARRIVED EARLIER. AND THEY WEREN’T ANGELS. THEY WERE FREAKING DEVILS. DEVILS!”

 

“Wait—what? I ordered Angels”—lie, Chen did—“and I specifically checked it a lot of times”—another lie, I didn’t have time.”—so I don’t understand what you’re babbling about.”

 

“Did you also check if those Angels have halos? Cause these certainly doesn’t have one!”

 

“Wait, maybe there was some kind of mistake. I’ll call you back.” Baekhyun called Chen immediately, funny cause he answered at the first ring, made him think this guy doesn’t do anything else other than make his life miserable.

 

“Hello?”

 

“You piece of .”

 

“Why thank you.”

 

“I THOUGHT I TOLD YOU TO ORDER ME ANGEL FIGURINES.”

 

“I did order—wait, what? Angel figurines?”

 

“YES, ANGEL FIGURINES.”

 

“Oh .”

 

“Yes, you are a piece of .”

 

“I knew there was something wrong. Listen, I called again after you called me because I forgot what kind of figurines. But Luhan answered—“

 

Luhan answered.

 

That’s enough explanation already.

 

“—and said you were taking a bath so I asked him instead and he said it was devil figurines. So, I don’t know, maybe he forgot too or something. Anyway, I am so so sorry I didn’t know.”

 

“You’re dead.”

 

“I am aware.”

 

“But I’ll kill that piece of skunk first.”

 

Oh Luhan, you are dead.

 

So dead.

 

Buried deeper than six feet under.

 

Baekhyun hung up the phone, turned back to Sehun, saw Sehun and then a light bulb lit above his head. Along with two horns. Two devilish horns.

 

--

 

Luhan stretched his arms while leaning on the comfy chair. There are times when he feels the benefits of being friends with Kai, and this is one of those times, because he’s in a salon and Kai’s paying.

 

“Can you dye my hair blonde? I’m going to this costume party as Peter P—“

 

“Oh, I am aware, sir,” The lady replied with a smile.

 

Luhan raised an eyebrow. “Does everybody in this planet know?”

 

The lady chuckled. “Everbody knows about the Yunho Halloween Party. Don’t worry, we’ll take care of your hair.”

 

“Uh,” Luhan nodded. “Thanks,”

 

--

 

Baekhyun wore his hood and crouched behind the garbage can carefully. He wore the glasses he borrowed from Sehun, who, by the way, is stuck inside a store, courtesy of Byun Baekhyun. He was in a hurry so he didn’t really have any choice but to make Sehun go inside a store wherein he imagines his conversation with the guard would be:

 

Guard: Are you over 21?

Sehun: Uh, what?

Guard: This is an over 21 store. Unless you went here for the tokens.

Sehun: Are you crazy? Since when do guards I.D. people who go inside a store?

Guard: Since now.

Sehun: Yeah, okay here’s my fake I.D.

 

Okay, maybe the fake I.D. was a bit untrue, since he isn’t sure himself if Sehun does have a fake I.D. Even if Sehun wasn’t able to enter, all the girls will probably drag him in just to feel his skin or something, and since Sehun’s gay, he probably wouldn’t put his on any of their holes and impregnate them so he’s not all that worried. He’ll just have to do this mission fast so he can go back to the store and save Sehun’s sorry from those monsters they call girls.

 

So, he’s like in front of the salon.

 

And he goes in with the biggest smirk in history.

 

Along with the smartest plan he probably ever came up with that has something to do with Luhan.

 

--

 

Chanyeol clicks his tongue, his fingers resting on his chin, as he stares at his Dracula costume for 9 minutes and 56 seconds. 57…58…59…

 

He picked up the phone and dialed Sehun’s number.

 

Quite weird that the latter picked up at the first ring, he might say.

 

“Dude, you actually choose to call at this time.”

 

“Why are you so stiff? I mean, not that I can see you’re stiff right now but I can actually imagine you’re stiff because you talk stiff and—“

 

“There are like girls feeling up my arms and legs and it’s creepy.”

 

There was a pause before Chanyeol was able to formulate an appropriate reply. “You’re not getting a are you?”

 

“Uh, no,”

 

“Oh, good, you’re totally gay,”

 

“Yeah, I’ve known that since third grade so no surprise there,” Sehun said. “I know why you called and I answered to tell you that you are not going to impose the patriarchal paradigm on me. I am not your mother.”

 

“Nobody said you were,”

 

“Yeah, but you were implying when you called me,”

 

“Your paranoia is crazy sometimes. I told you to take your medicine,”

 

“I DO NOT NEED MEDICINES!”

 

“If I remember correctly, one of the symptoms of depression is irritability.”

 

“I DO NOT HAVE—“

 

“Okay, okay, stop scaring your ladies there.”

 

“Ewe.”

 

“I’ll let you know that the reason I called you is that I was going to ask a favor. I was staring at my Dracula costume for the past 2 minutes,”

 

“Really?”

 

“Okay, 5 minutes,”

 

“5 minutes?”

 

“Okay, it was more or less 10 minutes now shut up.” Chanyeol sighed. “I don’t know how to tie my tie,”

 

“Of course you don’t,” Sehun replied nonchalantly. “And like, I know how to tie my own tie but I don’t know how to tie others since I mix up my left and right so you won’t get anything from me.”

 

“….”

 

“And since you’re in a no-talking period with Baekhyun, you probably won’t get anything from him too,”

 

“I’m not in a no-talking period with Baekhyun. He’s the one who doesn’t want to talk to me,”

 

“Well, too bad. Oh look it’s Baekhyun,”

 

“Ha ha.”

 

“Not kidding though,”

 

“Sehun let’s go!”

 

“See?”

 

“Not convinced.”

 

“Hey! Get your ugly faces away from him you monsters!”

 

It’s Baekhyun, alright. Chanyeol sighed and hung up the phone. So, he probably should just not wear the tie. It could be a new fashion statement for Dracula. Or he can wear the tie, on his neck, really tight, and kill himself.

 

--

 

“What should we do?”

 

Luhan’s ears twitched. He slowly woke up, blinking his eyes to clear his vision and stretching his arms lightly. He looked around and yawned. “Is it done?” He asked the lady…yeah well someone since there are like 5 more ladies around him now.

 

One of the ladies nodded. There was still a towel around his hair so he waited until the ladies took it off. If he didn’t use the ‘Baekhyun glare’, none of them would’ve done the work instead they would be staring at him for God knows how long which was completely rude by the way.

 

He smiled to himself. Because duh, he’s finally back to blond, practically the only color he’s comfortable with. He felt his phone vibrate and saw a text from Kai saying, I ALREADY CALLED THE SALON TO PAY. THERE’S A CAB WAITING OUTSIDE FOR YOU. WOW YOU ARE SO LUCKY TO HAVE ME AS YOUR EX-BESTFRIEND.

 

True that.

 

When he felt coldness on his hair and assumed that the towel was completely taken away, he looked up so he can see his newly died blue hair—BLUE?!

 

Luhan slammed his palms on the table and stood up.

 

“WHAT THE ?!”

 

“Uh, sir, we don’t know what happened, we checked the color before we—“

 

“YOU DON’T KNOW WHAT HAPPENED?! MY HAIR’S BLUE!”

 

“…”

 

“MY! HAIR’S! BLUE!” Luhan repeated for emphasis while pointing at his hair.

 

“Sir, we are very very sorry—“

 

“HAVE YOU SEEN A PETER PAN WITH BLUE HAIR?! HUH?! I AM GOING AS PETER PAN! NOT THE SMURFS!”

 

Yes, he lost it, he completely lost it.

 

“We have a white beanie here…”

 

“…”

 

“…”

 

“AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHASDFGHJKLDKAJHU8ERYHSOKADNSBA!!!!!”

 

--

 

If the world will suddenly go black out right now, Sehun wouldn’t have a problem, because there’s a ball of light walking beside him, humming to Wang Leehom’s Kiss Goodbye while skipping childishly. “You’re in a good mood.”

 

“I’m always in a good mood.” Baekhyun replied, not even turning to look at him instead he kept smiling to the air.

 

Sehun wanted to say ‘Psh, yeah right’ but he was afraid that if he did, Baekhyun will snap and eat him alive.

 

“Well…” Sehun started. “That’s nice.”

 

They were now walking back to the restaurant. The shopping bags were all given to the ladies who wouldn’t let go of Sehun by the way, because Baekhyun lost it a while back so he just threw them all and then the ladies turned from monsters to wild boars and it was so amusing. He only managed to save one, a t-shirt, a simple t-shirt with a rose and the words ‘Mayday Parade’.

 

It takes a few car key shuffling when Sehun felt Baekhyun behind him, saying, “I need a favor.”

 

--

 

Luhan arrived at Yunho’s estate 15 minutes early, for the reason he asked Kai to take him because Sehun wouldn’t, because Sehun couldn’t, because Sehun is with Baekhyun, because Sehun chose to take Baekhyun who is his greatest enemy at the moment and because Sehun was a big .

 

He figured he could’ve just asked Chanyeol since that would be one way to get back to him but he knew Chanyeol couldn’t, wouldn’t and would never go with his plan. You don’t need to be a love expert to notice his growing affection towards the brunette that is Byun Baekhyun. Either way, he didn’t like the negative vibes inside him. The reason he moved to Korea with Baekhyun was to start anew with Baekhyun and not start anew after his vase was broken. You can only have that one person you can consider your best friend, brother, twin even so…you get the point. Well, after weighing the good things and the bad things Baekhyun did, the good things win, although his methods can most likely be considered the opposite.

 

So, while drowning himself with a sea of wines—because Kai left him alone to socialize whatsoever—he decided to apologize to Baekhyun—if he doesn’t come running to him with an axe because of the wrong information he gave to Chen. Well, maybe if Baekhyun did, he can apologize after that, if he’s still alive.

 

Anyway, the Peter Pan costume is suddenly peeling off his dignity.

 

He should’ve listened to Baekhyun after all.

 

He scratched his arm. “Goddamn, was the dirt necessary?” Then he answered his own question, that yeah, tit is necessary, because this whole costume party needs to be realistic and there was a humor going around that if you come wearing a very cheap costume, you’ll get thrown out to that huge pumpkin they set up at the middle of the yard with fire inside. He wouldn’t have believed it because yeah, it sounded ridiculous, until he actually witnessed someone getting thrown inside that huge pumpkin.

 

They said it was harmless.

 

They are obviously not aware of the emotional trauma they have caused.

 

So, the Peter Pan costume was a good decision—albeit the dirt he pasted on his skin. He cursed Peter Pan for always sporting green rag-like clothings with dirts.

 

He was down to his 6th bottle when he saw Chanyeol come in—he noticed because the ladies suddenly crowded on that part of the room where Chanyeol was standing. And of course, he didn’t have a date because Byun ing Baekhyun is with Sehun.

 

He smiled to the ladies and excused himself, walked towards Luhan and Luhan knew what his purpose for approaching is. “Have you seen Baekhyun?”

 

Yeah, I foresaw the moment you will ask for Baekhyun’s whereabouts.

 

You didn’t even have to talk.

 

“Nope,” Luhan shrugged.

 

“Are you drunk?”

 

“I~’m not drunk!”

 

“Okay, you are drunk. I should find Baekhyun.”

 

And then there, he disappeared, leaving Luhan to drown with the wine. He should just drink away his blue hair. Blue is the new blond.

 

Oh well, who cares.

 

--

 

“Why are they staring at you?” Baekhyun asks.

 

Sehun thinks that question should be directed to Baekhyun himself because who wouldn’t stare at him when he’s wearing a Cheshire Cat costume—tight black pants, a long black scarf around his shoulders, a choker with a round bell, thick eyeliner, freaking cat ears and a freaking tail. Well, compared to Sehun’s Zorro look, Baekhyun’s much more eye-catching.

 

“More like staring past at me to you,” Sehun replied, in which he received a playful smack from Baekhyun.

 

“No, they’re not,”

 

Sehun felt like his arm got ran over by a truck. “Where’d you get your costume, anyway?”

 

“Online,” Baekhyun shrugged. He looked around and saw Hyomin running to him, wearing an Alice costume. He looked at his own costume and suddenly wondered why he chose to be the Cheshire Cat.

 

“Baekhyun!”

 

Sehun moved aside to give way to Hyomin. He watched as Baekhyun gets pulled by monster girl. He really should stop calling girls ‘monsters’, it’s getting old.

 

“YOU ARE ONE LUCKY MAN.”

 

“What?”

 

“Yeah well, Yunho liked the devil figurines.” Hyomin shrugged. “Anyway, where is that scoop you promised?”

 

Baekhyun bit his lip. “About that…”

 

“Yeah?” Hyomin asked with too much enthusiasm.

 

“I can’t,”

 

“What?”

 

“I know I said last night that I was going to give that scoop but they’re still my friends. I can’t just go to them and ask about their relationship and the next thing they see is their faces on the headlines,”

 

“But I already told Jessica. And she’s looking forward,”

 

“I know and I’m sorry. I’ll talk to her myself.”

 

Hyomin rolled her eyes. “I should’ve known. Jerk,”

 

Baekhyun blinked as Hyomin walks away, kind of caught off guard with Hyomin’s reaction. Then again, girls are pretty much unpredictable. He shook his head and then headed back to where he left Sehun.

 

“What was that?” Sehun asked, eyebrows crooked in confusion.

 

“Good question.” Baekhyun nodded and walked passed Sehun.

 

Sehun sighed and decided to follow Baekhyun inside.

 

The whole place was stuffed, mainly because of the costumes. Some were wearing Gundam suits and we all know how much space Gundam suits take up. But Sehun has to say, he liked what Yunho did to his mansion. There were like fires coming out from small tubes at every corner.

 

SWEET.

 

“Food!” Baekhyun yelled. “Great! I’m starved!”

 

“Baek—wait!”

 

--

 

If Chanyeol was less stupid now, he’d realize he’s been walking around in the same route for minutes now. And he actually thinks he can find Baekhyun somewhere that is not the main hall. He stopped for a bit to breathe and to rest his legs. His hair was quite messed up now but he kept on being complimented by passers-by so he didn’t bother fixing it. Besides, it kind of matched with his Dracula costume.

 

He was walking to the restroom when a man in suit caught up with him. “Mr. Park.”

 

He immediately acknowledged him with a smile. “Oh, what a surprise meeting you here, Mr. Kim,”

 

“I was just dropping by. My daughter got invited.”

 

“Oh, did she?” Chanyeol wanted to sound as impressed as possible.

 

“Anyway, I heard you accepted Van der Gilt’s invitation?”

 

Chanyeol paused. The last time he checked, he was the CEO, and as the CEO he did not accept any invitation, let alone something that came from the Van der Gilt’s. He wanted to ask Mr. Kim where he heard that but he didn’t want to waiver whatever trust this investor has with his company so he decided to keep it cool. “Oh, really?”

 

“Yes, I’ll say goodluck to you. Although, you may be young, I know you can own that deal.” Mr. Kim said with a proud smile. “So, have a good night.”

 

Chanyeol bowed to Mr. Kim in respect and waited until he was completely gone before contacting Yoonhye.

 

“Sir Chanyeol?”

 

“WHAT IS THE DEAL WITH THE VAN DER GILTS.”

 

He heard Yoonhye almost tripping on the other line. “Uh…you see—“

 

“Yoonhye, I know I did not approve any invitation. Tell me the truth or do you want me to fire you?”

 

“It was Kai!”

 

“—what?”

 

“The investors were backing up so he had to sign the approval. I’m sorry I thought he talked about it with you—“

 

“No, no, stop. Okay. Shut up.” Chanyeol sighed deeply, massaging his temple. “Where’s Kai?”

 

“He went to Yunho’s party. Aren’t you with him?”

 

Chanyeol hung up the phone. He decided to look for Kai.

 

--

 

Baekhyun chewed another grape. “So, what’s the deal with you and Kai?”

 

“What do you mean?”

 

“What do you mean what do you mean? We practically spent like 10 hours with each other today, the least you can do is tell something personal to the person you threw off the pit,”

 

Sehun laughed and shook his head. “So what do you want to know?”

 

“Why I don’t see you and Kai together?”

 

“What? We’re always together. You just don’t see it.”

 

“Yeah, that was my question.” Baekhyun retorted. “I mean, also the thing about Luhan who doesn’t even know you existed given that he’s been friends with Kai for a long time?”

 

“What if I don’t want to tell you?”

 

“I will pee on everything you love.”

 

“That’s gross,” Sehun snarled. “Alright. There’s no harm in telling. Well…Kai is adopted.”

 

Baekhyun choked on his grape. Sehun immediately helped him get the grape out by tapping his back while Baekhyun continued to cough violently. Finally, after a few seconds, Baekhyun spitted the grape out. Sehun offered him a drink. “Wow,” Baekhyun mumbled. “I heard about that but I didn’t think I’d be this shocked to hear it from you,”

 

“Maybe I should give a warning,”

 

“Thanks but you’re too late. I almost died,” Baekhyun punched Sehun on the arm lightly. “Well anyway, that explains it.”

 

“Well, you know, we’re cool. It’s just that we care less about each other. Me, at least. I mean, I think he feels responsible for me. It’s annoying.”

 

“You don’t always get a brother,” Baekhyun said. “So, what’s the deal with the whole secret thing? Confidential? Et cetera?”

 

Sehun chuckled. “Well, if the public knew who his parents were, he wouldn’t be as successful right now.”

 

“I could care less,” Baekhyun shrugged. “About family matters, I mean,”

 

Baekhyun turned back to the table to get some more food when he spotted Hyomin standing on the other side. He gave him a questioning look but Hyomin just looked away. He crooked his eyebrows in confusion and watched as Hyomin walks away.

 

Huh…

 

Girls really are unpredictable.

 

The next thing he knew, while he was picking up grapes, was that he can hear a series of phone ringing near him. He looked up and saw most of the people were looking at their phones at the same time. He wouldn’t have cared until he heard Sehun’s phone ring and so he turned to the latter.

 

He saw Sehun staring at his phone blankly.

 

“Sehun? Sehun!” Baekhyun called. “Hey! What’s up?”

 

Sehun’s eyes were busy scanning his phone to even acknowledge Baekhyun’s presence.

 

“Sehun!” Baekhyun groaned and since he’s been ignored a lot of times already, he decided to snatch his phone. He looked at the phone and gasped. “Oh my god…”

 

[CONFIRMED] Kim Jongin/Kai is Adopted!

 

“How…” Sehun whispered.

 

Bekhyun looked back at Sehun. “It might not be true! I mean, maybe they don’t have any proof!”

 

“It’s from Inside.” Sehun replied. “They wouldn’t take this risk if they didn’t have any proof. Do you know anything about this?”

 

Baekhyun felt like he choked on his own words. He can hear the people around him whispering to each other. Baekhyun shook his head. “I’m here with you. My phone’s dead. I couldn’t possibly have done this and even I could, I wouldn’t.”

 

“You’re right.”

 

“Who else knows about this besides me?”

 

Sehun paused for a moment to think. He possibly couldn’t think of anyone else at this time since he’s been really good at keeping this secret. Until something snapped inside him. “LUHAN.”

 

“Luhan?”

 

“.”

 

Before Baekhyun can even question him, Sehun has already run off to look for Luhan. He groaned in exasperation and looked around, hoping to find Luhan first and possibly get answers or something until he spotted Hyomin looking at his way, smirking, her phone hanging in her hands. That was when he realized that girls really are monsters.

 

--

 

Chanyeol finally decided to go back to the main hall to find Kai.  Of all the things Kai had to screw up, it had to be about this deal. He already has so many problems right now and he couldn’t deal with another one, and here it is, presenting itself.

 

He walked in the crowd, thankful that he was tall enough to see, and looked around to find Kai. The costumes were quite distracting but he knew Kai would be wearing a Grim Reaper costume so all he had to do was to find a scythe somewhere.

 

“Ah! There he is!”

 

--

 

Kai was dying/panicking/crying inside as he scrolls down the article about his adoption.

 

There was only one person who knew about this secret and who knew how risky it is if the public finds out about this.

 

Sehun.

 

Sehun must really hate me.

 

He scurried out of the crowd to find his step-brother.

 

And probably punch him in the face.

 

But mostly, talk to him. Or yell.

 

BECAUSE MY FUTURE IS AT STAKE HERE.

 

And as if the heaves were on his side, he saw Sehun walking around, craning his neck.

 

--

 

No, I am not drunk.

 

Yeah, you threw your phone on the fountain. Not drunk alright.

 

Shut up brain.

 

He hiccupped, almost falling at some point while walking around but he had to look for Baekhyun and apologize and say out the monologue he had been saving if this day comes.

 

Oh the sacrifices I make.

 

He was walking to the other table when he spotted Baekhyun in the middle of the crowd, talking to Hyomin. Baekhyun looked mad at some point but he thought he was just imagining it because he was drunk.

 

I’m not drunk!

 

Suuure.

 

He sped up his pace so he can end this with peace.

 

--

 

“HYOMIN!” He yelled while walking to Hyomin aggressively. “I knew you did this!”

 

“Really?”

 

“What the hell were you thinking?!”

 

“Well, if you wouldn’t get that scoop, I will. Besides, wasn’t this your idea in the first place?”

 

“Yes! But I already told you they’re my friends! I wouldn’t sacrifice my friendship for the sake of this internship! Take it back now!”

 

“Baekhyun, the damage has been done. Even if you weren’t the one who did this, you still thought of it. You say they’re your friends but you even thought of selling their secret for selfish reasons at one point. It’s your fault.” Hyomin crossed her arms, raising her head high as if challenging Baekhyun. “Have you ever asked yourself if you have been honest with any of your friends?”

 

Baekhyun knew Hyomin was playing with him but he couldn’t shake the feeling of guilt inside him. True enough, he hasn’t been getting alone with the people he called friends. And he only makes a mess out of things. But he wouldn’t let some girl to beat him out about it. It’s his life and he’s going to deal with it.

 

“Well, you know what? I’ll tell them myself. I’ll talk to them and you ain’t gonna say about it.”

 

“What?”

 

Baekhyun looked around to see if he can find some of his friends until he saw Chanyeol walking in the crowd.

 

Of all the people…

 

But he had to do this so he can prove to Hyomin that he can deal with his own.

 

“Chanyeol!” He walked to Chanyeol (pulling Hyomin with him), who was walking to Kai who was walking to Sehun who was walking to Luhan who was walking to Baekhyun. “Chanyeol! I need to talk to you—“

 

Luhan pulled Baekhyun’s arm. “Baekhyun, I need to talk to you—”

 

Sehun appeared behind Luhan. “Luhan! I need to talk to you—”

 

And Kai appeared behind Sehun. “Sehun! I need to talk to you—”

 

“Kai! I need to talk to you!” Chanyeol said as soon as he saw Kai.

 

Hyomin blinked at them. “Well, I guess I’m not needed here.”

 

They glanced at each other in confusion.

 

Oh boy.

 

 


 

 

freaking A/N:

OKAY I KNOW THIS IS NOT WORTH THE WAIT

AND I'M SORRY FOR NOT UPDATING

but i failed 3 of my quizzes

DID I SOUND PROUD? GOOD.

but srsly tho my schedule is literally killing me 

BUT I PROMISE NEXT CHAPTER I WILL GIVE YOU YOUR BAEKYEOL BECAUSE FEELS RN

ALL THE RECENT BAEKYEOL

AM DEAD

LOOK AT THESE TWO ;A; GET A ROOOOM

oh and please don't mind the grammatical errors there. i haven't gotten enough sleep. ;A;

i'm just waiting for xmas break to come. /sobs

and Baekhyun's cheshire cat costume was inspired by this.

you like Pandora Hearts? Marry me.

AND SUBBIES THANK YOU FOR STICKING UP WITH ME

I WILL REWARD YOU WITH BAEKYEOL NEXT CHAPTER

i mean it. cause feels /sobssss

-gelie