Halcyon

Perfectly Imbalanced

 


 

Maybe Baekhyun doesn’t say it much but he actually likes going on trips like this. In highschool, sometimes it’s just him, Minseok (aka their beverage sponsor) and Tao (with his bodyguards). It was fun but having more people is more fun, just like this. It’s the first time he went to a trip with a large group pf people. What’s even more fun is that he likes these people, they’re his friends and these people like him too. Unlike back in London, everybody hates him for being…well, rich.

 

“B, I’ll just put your bag here.” Luhan calls from behind him. Baekhyun nods but not taking the effort to turn around as he was too occupied staring outside the window. The view is nice. He can see the ocean and the theme park on the opposite side. There are a lot of people but definitely not packed as it’s not vacation time yet. He finally decides to open the balcony to let the wind in. It feels so refreshing. Baekhyun can stay in here forever.

 

“Nice view, right?” Luhan says as he stops beside him. Baekhyun nods.  “I gotta say Chen did a great job choosing a place. Here, B, let me take a photo of you.” Baekhyun immediately preps for the camera and Luhan happily takes a picture of him. “You look dumb.” Luhan says, receiving a kick from Baekhyun.

 

They hear a loud knock on the door and turn to find Kai peeking in from outside. “You guys gonna come down? Sehun wants to go swimming.”

 

“Yeah, we’ll be down soon!” Luhan replies enthusiastically while running to their bags.

 

Kai nods before leaving.

 

Luhan was rummaging through his clothes looking for his trunks when Baekhyun jumped on the bed, sighing in exhaustion. “You’re not gonna go swim?” Luhan asks glancing at him.

 

“Man, I wish I had your energy. I’m tired.”

 

Luhan chuckles when he finally finds his trunks. “You do have your energy and you rarely get tired. It’s just that you’re mentally exhausted. I mean, I can’t read your mind but it’s obvious when you’re bothered about something.”

 

“How can you even say stuff like that?” Baekhyun says feigning shock.

 

Luhan just laughs at him while walking to the bathroom.

 

“You’re not even supposed to say stuff that makes sense!”

 

“Hey! I’m still older than you!”

 

Baekhyun chuckles teasingly. “People aren’t going to believe you if you shout stuff like that you know!”

 

--

 

“I am not even going to ask.”

 

“Good,” Kyungsoo replies simply. “Because I have no intention of explaining anyway.”

 

Chanyeol throws his hands on the air. “HOW DID THIS EVEN HAPPEN.”

 

“Chanyeol, can you please stop being so dumb for just like 2 days? You want this too. It’s just that you need someone to push you into this, someone to make it happen. And when it does happen, you want to have someone to blame when it all gets screwed up. But look, that someone is right in front of you.” He adds with a quick gesture of sliding his hand from his head to his hips. “Hey there, nice to meet you.”

 

“You know I trusted you as a friend who wouldn’t give me this kind of lecture.”

 

“Clearly, you don’t know a thing or two,”

 

“Still, how did this even happen,”

 

“Oh you know, Kris,” Kyungsoo replies while turning around to fix his things while wondering why he’s in the same room with Chanyeol like I don’t deserve this kind of treatment!

 

“K-Kris? Kris Wu? Angry bird? Mr. Eyebrows?”

 

“Whoa, nobody told me he had a dozen nicknames. Yes, Kris Wu. He went to the company yesterday.”

 

Chanyeol gasps. “I knew there was a parasite!” Kyungsoo crooks his eyebrows, not even bothering to wonder any further how their conversation is connected with parasites or whatsoever. “So, wait, he paid for this?”

 

Wow, what kind of question is that? Kyungsoo turns to him. “What do you mean—of course he did not pay for this. You paid for this.”

 

“M-me? I paid for this? When?”

 

Kyungsoo grabs his trunks and laughs. “Sometimes, it’s good being a lazy CEO who doesn’t even bother checking his accounts,”

 

And it took Chanyeol a few minutes to process some complicated wordings there and when he finally did, Kyungsoo’s already by the door. “Wait, have you been spending my money???”

 

“Your employees have been wasting your money.”

 

Chanyeol’s eyes widen. “WHAT?!”

 

“Oh, relax, I’m just messing with you.” Kyungsoo says lastly before disappearing behind the door to go swimming.

 

--

 

 

Okay, Baekhyun thinks, maybe I am mentally exhausted. Maybe this is why I really need this trip. It makes me forget some of my problems. But not when the root of that problem is in the same cottage as me. He sighs. Being left alone like this, Baekhyun had the opportunity to take in the view more. The weather’s nice too, it’s as if God has purposely gifted this day to them. If you stand in the balcony, you can see almost everything. How wide the sea is, how wonderful the sky is, the people walking around below, kids playing around—it’s beauty and peace in one.

 

The cottage is big and square-shaped. It’s only one floored but large enough to accommodate over 10 guests. There’s a common area outside, centering the rooms around. It’s large and a great place for the guests to relax. There’s a mini bar too and if Baekhyun’s eyes weren’t deceiving him, he spotted a piano by the corner. He missed playing the piano. It’s weird. Nobody knows he used to play the piano except for Yixing.

 

He likes this place. It’s refreshing, different from the city. He feels his tummy complaining for food so he changed into a pair of khaki shorts and a hoodie so he’s more comfortable to move around before running downstairs to the mini bar to grab something to eat. There are only a few people hanging around the common area, maybe two couples and one guy reading a book when he came down.

 

He smiles to the staff. “Hey.”

 

The counter lady immediately smiles back at him. “Welcome, sir. What can I get for you?”

 

Baekhyun turns to the menu. “Hm…I’ll have clubhouse please.”

 

“How about drinks?”

 

“Just water.”

 

“Alright sir! You can take a seat if you want while you wait.”

 

Baekhyun nods before hopping on the stool. As he waits, he decides to play with the menu for a while. It also seemed like the counter lady noticed his boredom that she turned up the volume of the radio and so Baekhyun ended up humming to the song. And then suddenly, a kid bumped into his stool. “Oh my God,” He gasps as he hops down to pick up the kid. “Are you okay?” He asks worriedly while looking for a bump on his head. The little boy laughs at him.

 

“Hyung, I’m fine!”

 

Baekhyun notices the boy’s age might range in between 3-5. “Are you sure? Where’s your mom?”

 

“My mom’s not here.”

 

Baekhyun blinks at him. “Are you lost?”

 

The little boy shakes his head. “I came here with hyung!”

 

“Oh, okay, where’s your hyung?”

 

“Jungsoo!”

 

Baekhyun and the boy turn and see Chen hurrying towards them that Baekhyun had no time to scream. “He’s your hyung?!”

 

Chen immediately grabbed Jungsoo. “Is he bothering you?” He asks Baekhyun.

 

“No,” Baekhyun blinks. “He’s your brother? You have a brother?”

 

“No, okay. I babysit him on weekends.”

 

“Just how many jobs do you have?”

 

“A lot.”

 

Baekhyun snickers. “Oh wow, I can’t wait until you become a stripper.”

 

“Yeah, you’d like that.” Chen says teasingly.

 

Baekhyun snarls. “Gross!”

 

“You started!”

 

“What’s a stripper?” Jungsoo cutely chirps between them. Baekhyun and Chen ended up hitting each other playfully, blaming each other for corrupting a poor child’s mind.

 

“Sir, here’s your order.” The counter lady interrupts while pushing the plate towards Baekhyun.

 

“Sandwich!” The little boy yells excitedly.

 

Baekhyun looks down at him. “You want it?”

 

“Can I?”

 

“Yeah sure, here.” Baekhyun bents down slightly to pick up Jungsoo and then places him on the stool so he could eat.

 

“Ah, always the kid magnet, ByunBaekhyun,” Chen comments from the side.

 

“Shut up.”

 

“That should be an occupation. You can lure all these little monsters so the adults can have some peace of mind,”

 

“What is with your obsession with world domination?”

 

“Hey, I’m going to rule the world someday.”

 

“M-hm,” Baekhyun nods sarcastically. “But not today.And the next day. And the next,” Chen ended up kicking him playfully. “But seriously Chen even if you’re an , thank you for this trip.”

 

Chen blinks at him. “What did you say?” Baekhyun rolls his eyes. “No, I didn’t hear it!”

 

“I am not going to say it again.”

 

“Just, can you repeat that?”

 

Baekhyun laughs. “Whatever Chen.”

 

--

 

He misses Baekhyun’s laugh. Chanyeol misses the sound of Baekhyun’s laugh. Even his annoying tantrums.And all his nagging and whining and endless complaining about everything under the sun. He likes that noise. And seeing Baekhyun laughing even if he’s only looking secretly while hiding behind the couch is enough (well if we take Chen out of the picture it’d be really perfect).

 

“Is this fun?”

 

Chanyeol gasps. “Jesus. Oh Sehun, don’t scare me like that!”

 

“You’re pathetic.” Sehun murmurs while moving closer to hide.

 

“Why does he laugh like that with Chen? I mean, what are they even talking about? It’s probably something stupid. Look at that laugh, it’s a fake laugh.”

 

“I don’t know,” Sehun shrugs. “It kinda looks real to me. You know Chen always makes him laugh. Baekhyun always finds Chen funny too. Do you wanna know how they met?”

 

“Not intere—“

 

“They actually used to date back in China. Luhan said that Chen called the wrong number—“

 

“Shut up.”

 

“—and Baekhyun answered and since Baekhyun was hangover that time and Chen, well, being Chen, they thought it’d be cool if they go on a date.”

 

“I don’t care.”

 

“They look good together, right?”

 

Chanyeol snarls. “Look good? At what part? They look like a disaster as a couple! It’s not even pleasing to the eyes!”

 

Sehun smirks. “Yeah, you’re pathetic.”

 

Chanyeol watches as Sehun stands up, even attempting to pull him back down but if he would do so then Baekhyun would see them so he just lets Sehun walk towards Baekhyun, leaving him there. It seems like Chen had something to do too since as soon as Sehun came, he carried Jungsoo and went off somewhere. Chanyeol continues to watch Baekhyun (and Sehun). After a few seconds, Sehun and Baekhyun starting walking together with Sehun smirking at Chanyeol as they pass by the couch.

 

This kid, Chanyeol thinks, is an .

 

He crawls away when he decided to follow them.

 

--

 

Baekhyun stretches out under the sun as he lets out a breath of relaxation. They’re walking outside now, trying to look around and hopefully find an ice cream store. Sehun asked him to go with earlier and since Sehun doesn’t normally come up to him to ask, he couldn’t refuse.

 

“This is nice,” Baekhyun says. “Why are you alone, by the way? Where’s Kai? Luhan?”

 

“Luhan’s playing beach volleyball with Yixing and Kris. Kai’s somewhere with Kyungsoo.”

 

“Oh, Kyung—“ Baekhyun’s eyes’ widen. “Kyungsoo?!”

 

“Yeah, He’s nice.”

 

“Oh?” Baekhyun croons.

 

“I mean, if it wasn’t for the whole Chanyeol thing, he’s okay but,”

 

“It’s fine,” Baekhyun chuckles. “It’s no big deal,” Sehun blinks at him. Baekhyun, sensing his confusion, immediately explains by saying, “I mean, there’s no use worrying about problems you couldn’t resolve yet. They will fall into places someday so there’s no need to hurry right?”

 

Sehun smiles at him. “You’re awfully demure today hyung.”

 

“I’m just in a good mood, is all,” Baekhyun inhales the breeze, letting it flow down his system. “I like it here. It’s…different from the city.” I wonder what it would be—

 

“—like to live here, is what you’re thinking right?” Sehun chuckles.

 

“I just want to live like the people here. They have nothing else to worry about but things people normally worry about. Grades, school, work, salary…gossips. And these kids look so happy playing. I want to go back being a kid.”

 

“On the other hand, these kids want to grow up immediately,”

 

“Yeah, it’s sad. I wish they could enjoy being a kid more,” Baekhyun stops. “Oh, an ice cream stall!”

 

“You sound happier than me,” Sehun mumbles.

 

“Wait here. I’ll treat you!”

 

Sehun nods. “Man, you should be in a good mood everyday,” He watches as Baekhyun skips to the ice cream stall and decides to stay where he’s standing. Sehun noticed how Baekhyun made a complete 360 degree turn from being mad to…this once they entered the hotel but he decided not to verbally comment too much about it to avoid making Baekhyun too worked up. But he wonders.

 

--

 

“WHAT?!”Luhan yells while Kris just opened his mouth with him in shock when Yixing told them something that is absolutely surprising (not really but Luhan exaggerates everything so) about Baekhyun.

 

“You didn’t know?” Yixing asks and Luhan and Kris shake their heads. “Yeah, before Baekhyun moved with his father, he used to live with his mother in a place close to the ocean.”

 

“I knew about him living with his mother before moving to London part, but I didn’t know where.” Luhan adds, still completely surprised.

 

“Me too. He won’t tell anyone. He just told me it was close to the ocean.”

 

Kris is wondering why he is even in the middle of this…“girl talk.” They just finished playing beach volleyball like a few minutes ago and decided to rest under a shade when Yixing asked Luhan about Baekhyun and blah blahblah and then it ended up to this. Afterwards, he notices a few trouble-maker guys walking pass them in groups making funny faces while yelling, “Yo Chinese! Jackie Chan!”

 

“ off.” Luhan curses in Korean and Yixing gasps at him.

 

--

 

Sehun chuckles. One of the disadvantages of being tall is that no matter how much you try to hide, you wouldn’t be able to find anything that will fit your whole body. Take Chanyeol for example. Of all the things he decided to hide into, he chose a garbage can. Yeah, large feet aren’t obvious. He thinks of how dysfunctional Baekhyun and Chanyeol’s relationship is, which is, wow he’s too young to be thinking of that kind of . But then again, he’s quite mature for his age. And yeah, as hopeless as he is with Luhan, these two are a new level of hopelessness.

 

He glances at Baekhyun who’s checking his pockets for coins before deciding to leave.

 

“Thank you!” Baekhyun says to the owner before happily skipping back only to find Sehun nowhere. “Huh? Sehun?” He looks around him hoping to see Sehun waiting somewhere but to no avail. All his eyes can see are children running around and tourists taking pictures. “Where’d he go?” He mumbles to himself. After a few seconds of looking around, he was finally convinced that Sehun had left him there to rot. He sighs. The ice cream was melting and since he couldn’t eat two, he decided to just throw the other one away.

 

He walks to the garbage can and was about to drop the ice cream when he spotted a very familiar hair color behind it. Chanyeol scoots in closer to the trash can, hoping that Baekhyun didn’t spot him when he stopped. When he heard the ice cream falling, he sighed in relief thinking that Baekhyun will walk away immediately. But instead, “Park Chanyeol,” that happened.

 

Chanyeol was forced to look at him with his dumb grin.

 

“Are you following me?”

 

“Following you? N-no, of course not! Why would I follow you?”

 

“So, you just thought sitting behind the trash can is fun?”

 

“…yeah?”

 

Baekhyun turns around to leave, deciding not to have a longer conversation with Chanyeol. He kept on walking until he finally turned around only to find Chanyeol following close. “Stop following me.”

 

“I’m not following you.” Chanyeol replies simply.

 

Baekhyun groans. “You are really pissing me off!”

 

“HEY WATCH OUT!”

 

Chanyeol grabs Baekhyun by the arm as soon as he sees the frisbee flying towards him and pulls him to his chest as he turns his back so the frisbee doesn’t hit Baekhyun but his back. Baekhyun blinks. He can feel Chanyeol’s protective hands on his waist and on his head and slowly looked up when he heard a painful groan. He gasps. “Chanyeol? A-are you okay?”

 

“Are you?”

 

“I should be the one asking!” Baekhyun argues as he slowly pulls away.

 

“Hey! Sorry about that!” Baekhyun peeks behind Chanyeol and sees a young man (probably still in highschool) running towards them (or to the frisbee). “Who did I hit?” The young man asks as soon as he arrives in front of them. Baekhyun points at Chanyeol and the young man chuckles. “I thought so.” He says as turns to look at Chanyeol. “Saw you blocking the frisbee there, mate. Nice reflex. I was really worried I’d hit him.” He adds, referring to Baekhyun (and probably his shortness).

 

Baekhyun glares at him. “I’m older than you.”

 

“Oh I didn’t mean to offend you! I just thought you looked quite sensitive…no, uh, how do I say this…”

 

Chanyeol smirks and turns to Baekhyun. “He means you look like someone who’s too pretty to get hurt.”

 

“Yeah that!” The young man chirps. “Except, a little bit less intimate.”

 

“Oh yeah? Let’s see who’s too pretty to get hurt,” Baekhyun announces as he grabs the ball from the young man. “Let’s play.”

 

Chanyeol attempts to grab him. “Wait, Baekhyun, I don’t think you should—“

 

“You shut up.” Baekhyun pauses. “No, wait, don’t shut up. You’re on my team.” He adds as he drags Chanyeol with him. And Chanyeol can’t really say no to that.

 

--

 

“This is the emergency?”

 

“Sshh! Get down!” Sehun says, pulling Luhan down. Luhan doesn’t really remember how it happened but somewhere in between Kris and Yixing flirting and Sehun sending him a message, he ended up here as to avoid puking in front of Kris and Yixing. And by here he means some seafood restaurant nearby.

 

“Who are you even stalking?” Sehun gives Luhan another binocular. Luhan looks into the binocular and searches the place for a familiar face. He gasps. “Is that Kyungsoo? You’re spying on Kyungsoo?” A minute later.“Kai?!”

 

“Yeah.”Sehun giggles. “This is so much fun.”

 

“Fun? You’re being really childish. Why don’t you just let them have their date?”

 

“Childish? Oh I’m sorry. I forgot you were an adult. I’m still young so really, sorry for having fun. Young people have a lot of fun.”

 

Luhan snarled. He picked up some fallen dry leaves and threw it over Sehun’s head. Sehun turned to him with a glare. “What the hell?”

 

“Oh, gosh. I wonder why I did that. Only children do that. Oh I know! Maybe I’m not that old.”

 

“Being a jerk doesn’t prove your point.”Sehun snorts. “And what’s wrong with spying on Kai? It’s not like you’re not friends with him. I’m pretty sure he won’t mention this date to us.”

 

“What makes you so sure he won’t?”

 

“Did he tell you this morning?” Luhan paused. “See?”

 

“What if it’s not a date? What if they’re just talking about business?”

 

“Why are you so affected? It’s not like you’re the one being spied on or at least experienced being spied on.” There was a pause and Sehun turned to him slowly. “You were, weren’t you?” Luhan sighed. “I knew it!”

 

“It was Baekhyun, okay? And his dog.”

 

“So? Consider this your revenge to the downside of friendship.”

 

“I was having a cup of coffee with his lover at that time.”

 

Sehun drops the binoculars. “You’re kidding.”

 

“I didn’t know!”

 

“So you had a date with his lover? And you became friends?”

 

“Heh. Why do you think we became friends? Guy was an anyway. He screwed with the wrong people.” Luhan picks up the binoculars. “You know, I see some pattern here. First Chanyeol and now Kai.Reason, Baekhyun.Solution, Kyungsoo. Do Baekhyun and Kyungsoo look like twins or something? Except for the eyes, that is.”

 

“Remind me never to screw with you.” Sehun says. “Baekhyun and Kyungsoo do have similar body built. They’re short. I guess a lot of men are into that type.”

 

Luhan snorts. “And you’re not?”

 

“Nah. I’m more into the older type.” Oh crap. Sehun thinks. He hopes Luhan didn’t see right through that statement because hell he’s getting red and he’s sure as hell it’s not because of the heat.

 

“Really?”Luhan asks, making Sehun nervous. “Like who?”

 

“Uh…” Who.WHOOOOO.“Miranda Kerr.”

 

“Ohhh,” Luhan croons. “You like models.”

 

Oh crap times two.

 

--

 

Chanyeol doesn’t really know how to play Frisbee (or any sports except for basketball and volleyball for that matter). On the way, he was actually worried he’ disappoint Baekhyun with how useless he is with a simple sport. But even so, he’s tall, and since all you have to do to play is to catch the Frisbee, all he did was pretty much stand in one spot and extend his arms, either to his left, right or above, and he effortlessly caught the Frisbee. So in the end, they won.

 

“That’s unfair! He’s too tall!” Jihoo, the young man’s name as they have learned earlier, whines. “Let’s change players!”

 

“Hey! There are no rules!” Baekhyun yells back in argue.

 

“WHAAAT? All you did there was stand and be pretty!”

 

Chanyeol snorts and immediately receives a glare from Baekhyun. Fair enough, the guy who complained about being labeled as pretty earlier used his prettiness to his advantage. And that kept the Frisbee and the need to put on an effort to catch it away from him. Baekhyun is really something else.

 

“Still, nice game,” Jihoo says when he arrives beside Chanyeol and Baekhyun. His friends, the ones who watched the game, threw them some refreshments. “So, you guys coming to the foam party tonight?”

 

Baekhyun blinks at him. “Foam what?”

 

“The foam party. It’s down by the road. At the pool area,” Jihoo turns to his friends. “Hey Cindy! Give them a heads up for later would ya?”

 

Cindy, a short girl with ponytails, runs towards them. She seems like a fun person. “You guys coming?” Chanyeol and Baekhyun only give her a shrug. “Come on, it’s gonna be fun! There will be games, a lot of drinks, and you’ll meet a lot of new people! You can invite your friends too. The more the merrier!” She explains enthusiastically and quickly adds, “It starts at 7 tonight. You can come with your trunks or just something you’re comfortable with to wear for swimming.”

 

“Just, let me get this straight,” Baekhyun interrupts. “It’s not a highschool party right? Because you know, we’re over those. I am really not in the mood to deal with overbearing es,”

 

Cindy laughs. “Oh, no! It’s open for anyone who wants to have fun!”

 

Chanyeol and Baekhyun nod in unison. “We’ll think about it.”

 

“A’ight, hopefully we’ll see you guys later!” Jihoo says before grabbing his bag and walking towards his friends.

 

Chanyeol turns to Baekhyun. “You wanna go back to the cottage?”

 

Baekhyun shrugs his shoulders. “I could use some snacks.”

 

They found a burger stall just a few steps from where they were playing. Baekhyun ordered a few (seems like he’s really hungry) while Chanyeol just settled with a few drinks. “So,” Baekhyun starts while wiping some ketchup he felt got on his chin. “You really don’t play Frisbee?” Chanyeol shakes his head. “What sports do you play then?”

 

“Basketball and volleyball.Voleyball was more of a past-time though. I was captain of the basketball back in high school,”

 

Baekhyun snorts as he glances quickly at him. “I’d be more surprised if you weren’t with that height. Must be nice.”

 

“You like my height?” Chanyeol asks with a smirk.

 

“I want your height,” Baekhyun corrects. “But I guess this works too. Besides, being tall suits you. I can’t really point it out but it gives a different feeling.”

 

“What kind of feeling?”

 

“I don’t know. People’s first impression of you would be cool and not a dumb CEO.”

 

“I am not dumb!”

 

“Yeah, keep telling that to your .”

 

“Joe thinks so too.”

 

Baekhyun half-snarls and half-gasps at him.“Joe?! You named your ?!”

 

“Why? You don’t?”

 

“That’s gross!” Baekhyun playfully drops the burger down on the plate. “Seriously, Chanyeol, take my word on this, never say that in public again.”

 

“What do you mean? What’s wrong with it?” Chanyeol asks but Baekhyun only shakes his head and hops down the stool. Chanyeol quickly follows him and adds, “I could name your princess.”

 

“Oh my God, shut up!” Baekhyun yells back, laughing loudly.

 

--

 

Luhan yawns as he drops on the bed. It’s already past dinner time and being out the whole day really drained his energy. Not to mention, Sehun dragged him to spy on Kai and Kyungsoo who went back in the cottage in the end. He could kill Sehun now but he’s really got no more energy left. A few minutes later, he heard Kris and Yixing arriving and staying at the common area. And then a few more minutes later, Yixing walks into the room and lies beside him. They don’t say anything, a great indication that they’re too tired to do anything.

 

Luhan checks the time and wonders where Baekhyun had ran off too. He hasn’t seen him all day even when he has walked around the resort all day thanks to Satan’s child oh Sehun. It didn’t take long though until the door open and Baekhyun came in. “Hey you guys!” He greets and Luhan just smiles at him, too tired to even say a word. Baekhyun jumps on the bed, making the bed bounce in which Luhan groans. “You two look tired.” He asks while walking to his own bed and grabbing his bag.

 

“We are tired,” Luhan replies. “Okay, B, are you going somewhere?”

 

“Oh right. Do you guys want to come to a party? There’s a foam party at the pool area.”

 

“Foam party?”

 

Baekhyun nods. “Yeah, Chanyeol and I got invited by some guys earlier. It sounded fun. But since you’re tired I guess it’s fine if you don’t.”

 

Luhan doesn’t really hear the rest of the sentence when he turns to Yixing beside him. “Did I hear him right?” Yixing nods. “He said Chanyeol and I, right? I mean, I’m not imagining things?”

 

Yixing shakes his head. “Don’t worry I heard it too.” And just one look and they know they’re thinking about the same thing.

 

Luhan sits up. “Actually, we’d love to come!”

 

“Really?”

 

“Yeah and I’m sure the other guys will come too!”

 

“That’s great!”

 

--

 

Prepped with their own trunks, the team arrives at the venue using Chanyeol’s van because Chen, the owner of the other van, is not available because of a kid named Jungsoo. Baekhyun observes the place while the others get out one by one. “It looks like a party.” He comments and immediately all eyes turn to Sehun.

 

“I’m 20.” Sehun reminds them.

 

They walk in as a group with Miley Cyrus and Rock Mafia’s ‘Morning Sun’ booming loudly from the large speakers at the corners. There’s a huge crowd and a live DJ at the front. The pool is full of nudes and almosts while the red cups just kept on flying around the bodies dancing. Seems like your typical getaway party. Kai immediately gets in the mood and drags Sehun with him to dance with a few ladies, leaving Luhan and Kyungsoo to walk straight to the bar. Baekhyun sees Yixing glaring at some girls who’s eye-ing his boyfriend, making Baekhyun chuckle. He continues to walk in between the crowd and only when he almost fell that he realized Chanyeol has been following close behind him, keeping him in a safe distance. He mutters a quick thank you before Jihooad his friends spot them.

 

“You guys came!” Jihoo yells amidst the loud music.

 

“Yeah, we brought some friends!” Baekhyun replies in the same manner.

 

One of Jihoo’s friends, a guy a lot taller than him, steps in front. “I don’t think we’ve met,” He says to Baekhyun, making Chanyeol flinch. “I’m Jinho, Jihoo’s brother.”

 

“Oh! Nice to meet you! I’m Baekhyun.”

 

“I know. And you’re definitely much prettier than how they described you,”

 

Baekhyun was left speechless and kind of wished that Chanyeol would say something but instead even Chanyeol got dragged by Cindy who’s yelling “Let’s dance!” Chanyeol wanted to refuse but he got blocked by a few dancing bodies and the last thing he saw was Baekhyun getting pulled somewhere by that Jinho guy.

 

--

 

“So, this is your strongest here?”

 

Kyungsoo leans closer to Luhan to whisper, “Luhan, are you sure about this?”

 

“Shh, don’t underestimate me.”

 

“Yeah, pretty face, are you sure about this?” Jerk asks, provoking him even more. This jerk just not-so-nicely insulted them earlier but saying things like ‘you look like you could use some inside you’ so of course, who wouldn’t get offended with that?

 

I am manly, Luhan repeats over his head.

 

“Let me just remind you, pretty face, that if you lose this bet, I will you hard.”

 

Luhan gulps. That doesn’t sound nice. He really didn’t think much about this bet earlier courtesy of how mad he was thinking that he could just run away but now that jerk’s friends had arrived to watch, running away seemed impossible. If Baekhyun was in his place, it would be a piece of a cake. But he’s not Baekhyun and he’s not a party animal.

 

“I’m waiting,” The jerk croons, making him feel even more agitated.

 

Kyungsoo looks at him full of concern. “Luhan…”

 

“I could do this,” Luhan whispers to himself. “Alright, here I go,” He goes to grab the cup when a hand unexpectedly snatches it before he could. He turns to his side and finds Sehun gulping down the drink in one go. When he’s done, he slammed the cup back down, grabbed Luhan’s hand and pulled him with him away from the bar.

 

It seemed like a good time to ask Sehun to slow down now but even if he couldn’t see his face, he can feel his anger. After they’ve reached the other end where there are only a few people, Sehun finally let go of him. “What were you thinking?!”

 

“I—“

 

“Do you even know what he was trying to make you drink?!”

 

Luhan bites his lip.

 

Sehun looks at him and sighs. “I’m sorry. I shouldn’t even be yelling at you.”

 

“No, it’s fine,”

 

“It’s just that…God knows what I’ll do if something happens to you,” Sehun says while bending a bit, his arms on his knees to support his weight. It seems like the alcohol is getting to him now.

 

“Sehun, I’m sorry,”

 

Sehun stands up straight. “No, you don’t have to apologize,”

 

“Sehun,” Luhan leans closer to him and places his hands on his cheeks. “I really am sorry.” He continues while looking straight into his eyes. And Sehun’s thinking he could kiss this beautiful person now.

 

--

 

“ALRIGHT PARTY PEOPLE LISTEN UP!” The host suddenly yells and the DJ lowers the volume. “WE’RE GOING TO START OUR SEARCH FOR THE IEST PEOPLE IN THIS PARTY!” The crowd cheers. “Alright, I know you guys are surprised about this but yes, we do have this kind of contest. And our judges in the crowd have been observing all of you for the past hour and guess who are the head turners?!” The lights suddenly went off, leaving only a few spotlights for Baekhyun, Chanyeol, Luhan, Sehun, Yixing, Kris, Kyungsoo and Kai and Jihoo, Cindy, Jinho and the rest of his friends.

 

From their spots, each of them got dragged into the stairs just infront of the pool that served as the stage and we’re immediately divided into their own groups.

 

“Looks like our hotties are quite confused, ay?” The host says as he stands in between them. “Alright now, there’s no room for party poopers here right? Right?” The crowd cheers in agreement. “Now, each group is going to be compete with each other for the different categories and games. The group who gets more points and votes wins, okay? You got it?”

 

Baekhyun and the others didn’t really know what was happening but the crowd is too lively and excited to disappoint so they all ended up nodding.

 

“Alright our first category—“

 

--

 

“DANCING!”Luhan yells enthusiastically as he spreads his arms to Kai. “Piece of cake!”

 

Kai and his team immediately cheers on him as the game starts. The game was to dance freestyle to any song they’ll shuffle and who lasts the longest wins. Of course, only Kai can beat his own record. He wins almost effortlessly in the end. The second category was abs flash and Sehun welcomingly volunteers himself. Luhan wasn’t sure but Kai looked confident and to be honest, he was stunned once Sehun took off his shirt. He didn’t get to appreciate it when they went swimming earlier because he was under the water but now that he can clearly see how toned his abs and biceps are, all he could think of are sinful things that he had to look away.

 

Baekhyun smirks at Luhan seeing his red face and claps happily when the host declared Sehun as winner.

 

The next game was ing out (none of them really know why this is a game but who cares) and they sent out Kyungsoo because Kyungsoo really doesn’t give a and it sounded like an advantage. The game was to say mean things to each other and whoever gets speechless first loses. And of course…

 

“Are you sure you even have a ?” The crowd laughs.

 

“Why, you wanna see it?” The crowd croons an “ohhh”.

 

“Not if they’re smaller than my s.”

 

“Looks like you’ll have flashed to you from now on judging by how big your nonexistent s are,” Kyungsoo retorts full of sarcasm and the crowd roars. The girl gasps and eventually was left speechless, leaving Kyungsoo as the winner.

 

The team was starting to think none of the games are the challenging until the host announced the next category as modeling. The only rule was to send out whoever each team wants and whoever gets the crowd’s votes wins. The music starts and Luhan starts off with his usual confident self, courtesy of being a former model, and wins the crowd in a minute. However, the tables took a turn when the other team’s representative came out, Jinho, with his perfect figure and muscles. Luhan turns back to his team and Baekhyun immediately makes his way into modeling with his perfect bedroom eyes (man he does that so effortlessly, Luhan thinks) and wins back the crowd in an instant. However, Jinho took off his shirt and showed off his toned abs, immediately snatching away the crowd (especially the girls who takes the majority by the way). Baekhyun pouts angrily at him and Jinho gives him a wink. “Sorry pretties,”

 

However, Baekhyun felt a hand on his shoulder. “Don’t worry princess,” Chanyeol whispers and Baekhyun turns when Chanyeol walked pass by him, his hoodie on his shoulders, followed by Kris who’s already topless. Luhan slowly moves beside him, startled by what they are seeing. Chanyeol and Kris looked absolutely hot, like, how. Jinho looked plain next to them. Baekhyun gulps. This is bad. He’s getting red.

 

“They’re slowly stepping on our runway throne and I do not like it,” Luhan mumbles beside him but Baekhyun ended up laughing as the host declares them as winners, again. Now Yixing has to be extra cautious with the ladies who are after his boyfriend now. And maybe, Baekhyun has to be too.

 

The last game was pool wrestling in fours, which means the members get to be paired by who’ll be standing on the pool and who’ll be sitting on their shoulders. The pairing didn’t take long and Baekhyun ended up with Chanyeol, of course, who else?

 

The game starts and each player starts pushing each other now. Luhan was the first to knock one down (it was a girl so, sorry) and so he helps Yixing next who’s too nice to even push hard by the way. Kyungsoo was the first one to fall in their team which ended up with Baekhyun getting attacked by two.

 

“You think you can make me fall?!” Baekhyun yells aggressively as he pushes the two at the same time which ended up being a disadvantage in his part as the two grabbed his hands, ending up with him falling down with them. Baekhyun shrieks as he hits the water and quickly loses equilibrium. Chanyeol immediately yelled for Baekhyun’s name and was relieved when the little brunette head popped out from the water. “I fell!”

 

“Are you okay?” Chanyeol asks him immediately.

 

“I’m fine!” Baekhyun replies while laughing. He slowly climbs behind Chanyeol’s back without a warning, making the latter a little bit confused, as he was too tired to float in the water and of course, Chanyeol doesn’t really need a warning as he will let Baekhyun climb on his back anytime he wants.

 

They watch as Luhan and Yixing try to make Jihoo fall but in the end, after a minute or so, they fell together, leaving the game in a tie. It was definitely fun.

 

In the end, they were winners. The crowd cheered for them loudly. The received a few gifts, like one case of beer, which they don’t really know what to do with it so they ended up sharing it with the other team.

 

“Congratulations,”

 

Baekhyun almost jumps when he feels a whisper on his neck and turns around to see Jinho. “Oh,”

 

“That was impressive, what you did there earlier, the modeling. You’re a former model, right?”

 

Baekhyun chuckles. “Yeah but I only walked the runway once,”

 

“Really? You were very good at it.”

 

“Am I now?”

 

Luhan flinches at the sight and pulls Yixing with him. “Flirt alert, flirt alert,” Yixing immediately pulls Jinho away while muttering “Hey, there’s something I’ve been meaning to ask you,” (which is nothing by the way) while Luhan spins Baekhyun towards Chanyeol where the latter almost bumped into him.

 

“Oh,” Chanyeol blinks at him. “Uh, beer?”

 

Baekhyun shakes his head. “No, I can’t drink beer now. I feel really tired.”

 

Chanyeol grabs his head and tilts his head to the direction of the glass doors. “Come on. I found a great spot outside earlier,” Baekhyun doesn’t know why but he just lets Chanyeol drag him to some place, with his hand warm on him. Tonight seemed like a perfect night that nothing could ever ruin it for him. Nothing.

 

“Well, this is inappropriate,”

 

Chanyeol chuckles at him. “Imagine that.”

 

He brought Baekhyun to a place behind the pool area where there are a few benches, a fountain and a mini-playground. Chanyeol actually didn’t know there was such a place, he was trying to be cool earlier, so he was really thankful when they found this.

 

“Wow, this is really nice.” Baekhyun says as he inhales deeply.

 

Which is true because there’s nothing else but nature, the wind and the stars. They almost couldn’t even hear the loud music from inside the pool area. Chanyeol looked around. It seemed like this area is solely for kids judging by the mini pool at the side, the sandbox and yes, the mini-playground. He turns back and sees Baekhyun sprawled on the grass, his eyes darted to the sky.

 

“Come on, lie down with me.” Baekhyun tells him.

 

Chanyeol lies down slowly beside him. “You’re not mad?”

 

“About what?”

 

“About what I told you yesterday.”

 

“I could be but I figured it would be unfair for you who’s having a good time,” Baekhyun replies. “Besides, I want to enjoy this trip too. Luhan told me I have anger issues. Do you think I have anger issues?”

 

Chanyeol remembers the time Baekhyun ripped off a wig because it wouldn’t fit him but ended up saying, “Not really. You only have a tendency to complain and throw tantrums, is all.Which is really cute.”

 

“You always think everything I do is cute.”

 

“I’m glad you know that.”

 

“You don’t even get mad when I get mad at you. That’s why I was really surprised when you got mad at me back in London and left,”

 

“I’m sorry.”

 

“It’s fine. It’s in the past.”

 

“I really do regret it, you know,” Chanyeol starts as he looks up the sky. “It’s just that, at that time, I thought I succeeded in opening your world. I thought I was able to get in, I thought you welcomed me inside your world. But when I found out about the whole thing about Amanda and you being the heir, I was hurt because I didn’t know anything, you never told me. It’s like you completely left me out. So I was really mad,” He turned back to Baekhyun and found him asleep with his wrist covering his eyes. He sighs. “But you came back for me which made me really happy. But I can’t undo the past so up until now I still hope that I can fix us.”

 

--

 

Baekhyun forces his eyes to open once the sunlight reaches his face. He’s in his room. He can’t remember his dream but it was a good dream. They said that when you dream, that’s when you know you slept soundly. He feels calm. It’s a different kind of calm and he couldn’t really explain why. He slowly sits up and looks around the room. Luhan’s bed is already fixed so he figured he’s outside. He yawns and stretches his arms before dropping his feet on the floor and grabbing his slippers.

 

When he walks out of the room, he hears Luhan giggling with Sehun on the couch. Of course, Luhan immediately noticed him so he quickly ran to him. “B! Good morning!”

 

“Hey,” Baekhyun greets back.

 

Luhan pulls him to the bar. “So, how was our sleep?”

 

“Great,” Baekhyun crooks his eyebrows. “How did I get back?”

 

Luhan gives him a suggestive smile. “Chanyeol carried you back.”

 

“Oh.”

 

“You were really asleep.”

 

“Luhan!”Sehun calls from the couch.

 

“You should eat something, B,” Luhan tells Baekhyun before skipping back to the couch.

 

Baekhyun wonders what’s up with the two as it seemed like they are even closer than before but he figures Luhan will tell him anyway. He turns to his left where Kris was seated and busy on his laptop. “Hey. Where’s Yixing?” He asks.

 

“He left early this morning,” Kris answers, not even sparing a glance to him. “His men called.”

 

Baekhyun continues to stare at him, waiting for an elaborate explanation. He kept on thinking on his mind why would his men call Yixing? Why does Yixing have to go? Is it an emergency? And at some point it sounded dangerous.

 

Kris sighs. “It’s about Amanda. She’s somewhere in this resort.”

 

Baekhyun felt like all the calmness inside him got drowned in the ocean. He felt pathetic. How could I even think I can enjoy this trip?

 

“And you let Yixing go? Isn’t it dangerous?”

 

Kris turns to him. “It’s not like I can stop him. It’s his work.” It’s true. But Baekhyun is thinking that he can’t afford to put Yixing’s life in danger because of Amanda. Baekhyun opened his mouth to say something but got interrupted by Luhan who’s running towards Kris.

 

“Kris! It’s for you. Yixing said you weren’t picking up your phone so he called me instead.”

 

Baekhyun watches as Kris, with a worried look, takes the phone and walks away to talk to Yixing in private. He just stares at him, observing how his lips move and his expressions. Then his sight got blocked by Chanyeol’s dumb grin. “Good morning.”

 

Baekhyun blinks at him. “Uh, good morning.”

 

“Have you eaten breakfast?” Baekhyun shakes his head. “Perfect timing! There’s a great seafood restaurant a few blocks from here! You wanna come with?”

 

Baekhyun looks pass Chanyeol’s hair to see Kris. Kris is walking to the door. Chanyeol’s hair and large head made it hard for him to see clearer and he doesn’t really want to be too obvious.

 

“I mean if it’s okay,”

 

Baekhyun has a few scenarios in his head. What if Yixing’s in danger? What if they ended up exchanging gunshots?

 

Chanyeol purses his lips. “I’ll guess…I’ll just see you around then?” He says when Baekhyun doesn’t give him a proper answer and slowly turns around, giving Baekhyun his clear view.

 

Baekhyun’s eyes widen. Yixing is walking down the car, his arms spread to welcome Kris’ hug. Yixing is fine. He continues to stare as Kris embraces Yixing, his worried face replaced with a happy one. Then Yixing sees Baekhyun and his frustrated heart. Yixing gives him a silly smile and a shrug, saying it’s fine, everything’s fine.

 

Everything’s fine.

 

Baekhyun swiftly turns to Chanyeol’s retreating back and immediately calls him. “Chanyeol,” Chanyeol doesn’t turn around yet but instead only stops so he continues by saying, “That breakfast…do I get it for free?”

 

Chanyeol lowers his head and then finally turns around to him, showing his big smile. “You’ll always get everything free from me.”

 

Baekhyun walks to him and grabs his hand. “I know.” And like it’s the most natural thing in the world, their fingers intertwine as they walk to the door, passing by Luhan who’s happily leaning on Sehun and finally pass by Kris giving Yixing a quick peck on the lips, grateful for his safe return.

 

Chanyeol and Baekhyun greet the cold breeze hand in hand.

 

Yeah, Baekhyun thinks, everything fell into place.

 


a/n:

the end.

 

LOLJK

yes 

i love how some of u guys can sense the danger

- gelie