Devil in the House

Perfectly Imbalanced

 


 

 

Luhan was still stomping out with an angry pout (and no, it didn’t look slightly the cutest) when Sehun found him near the swing set after successfully escaping from the big crowd. “Luhan! Luhan!”

 

“Shut up!”

 

“Lulu!”

 

“Only Baekhyun calls me Lulu!”

 

“Uh,” Sehun thought for a second. “Han-han?” Luhan’s shoe went flying and landed on Sehun’s head. “Aw! Hey!”

 

“What kind of name is that?”

 

“A cute name! And it suits you.” Luhan rolled his eyes and started stomping off when Sehun caught his hand. He cursed inwardly. “Hey, can’t you just hear me out?”

 

“Hear you out? Why would I want to do that?” The amount of sarcasm was undeniably hypertonic to the point that Sehun’s insides could start crenating into nothing. A mad Luhan is problematic.

 

“Because then maybe you’d spare my life? Look, I know you know I wouldn’t lie to you if not for a reason.”

 

“Who cares about your reason?!”

 

“You do! I was just scared that you’ll lose your trust on me!”

 

“If you told me the truth, you’ll even gain more trust! Did you not think of that?!”

 

“I know! I’m sorry! I know I was stupid!” Sehun inhaled deeply. “I’m really sorry. I’d do anything for you to forgive me.”

 

 

Luhan’s ears twitched. “You’ll do anything?”

 

“Yes.”

 

Luhan grinned.

 

The future events are self-explainable.

 

--

 

Luhan doesn’t know if he should knock or just barge in. Well, he isn’t that polite to begin with but Korea seems to have some culture thing going on so maybe he does have to knock or else some interterrestriel police officer might jump out of the bushes, yelling ‘push your hands up! Human, you have violated our own rights!’ and if that happens (and Luhan secretly wishes it would), he would say ‘you’re not even human’ and kill it.  But then he heard Chanyeol playing the drums in a not-so-amazing way.

 

He barged in.

 

“I brought medicines!”

 

Because Baekhyun texted me ‘Mrjhsd hieadp isdn akhgcing’.

 

I bet you don’t know what that means. Hohoho.

 

Chanyeol froze and dropped the drumsticks. “Is someone sick?”

 

“No, someone’s hungry, that’s why I brought medicines to eat.”

 

 

“Who’s hungry?”

 

“Perry the Platypus.”

 

 

“Who’s Perry?”

 

“The Platypus.”

 

 

“Is he…here?”

 

“Oh for Christ’s sake howcanyoubeaCEOwhenyyou’rethisstupidyoudumbasdfghjkl.”

 

The only words Chanyeol recognized were CEO and .

                                                                                                                     

“Never mind.” Luhan sighed. “Is Baekhyun awake?”

 

“If he is, you’ll be hearing his shrieks bouncing off the walls by now judging from the headache he might have obtained due to his sudden intake of drugs.”

 

“DRUGS?! WHAT DRUGS?! YOU DRUGGED HIM?!”

 

Chanyeol couldn’t believe how stupid Luhan is (pfft!). “Yeah, and took him home, you know, just in case he might not remember me drugging him so when he wakes up I’ll tell him how exactly I drugged him because that’s what crazy people who carry drugs do to people they drug.” Sarcasm. Sarcasm. Sarcasm.

 

“Well, he does tend to forget whenever some foreign chemicals mess up his brain.”

 

“What?”

 

“He drank our shampoo once. He doesn’t remember.”

 

“That’s probably called denying.

 

“Exactly.” Luhan nodded with that evil smile gracing his lips, making a full out of Chanyeol but yeah, Chanyeol is dumb so he probably doesn’t notice anything except for how creepy Luhan’s smile is.

 

“Anyway, the point is I didn’t drug him.”

 

The point is, go and wake him up.”

 

Chanyeol stared at him in disbelief. “I don’t want to wake him up. He’s going to swallow me.”

 

“Swallow is a big word. He’ll probably just bite you,” Luhan shrugged. “Into pieces.” Then there goes his creepy evil smile again.

 

A light bulb appeared on top of Luhan’s head.

 

“Oh well, just give this to him.” He immediately passed the box of medicine to Chanyeol.

 

“Are you abandoning your task?”

 

“I’m not abandoning my task. I want to live longer.” Luhan opened the door. “Bye.” And slammed it shut.

 

Chanyeol blinked in confusion.

 

--

 

 

Bam.

 

Is that my brain trying to wake me up? Because if it is, get the out brain.

 

BAM. BAM.

 

Get the—

 

BAM BAM BAM.

 

-- out—

 

BAM BAM BAM BAM BAM BAM BADUM TSS!

 

“PARK CHANYEOL!!!”

 

 

 

Chanyeol winced. “Oh .”

 

He quickly got up, threw his drumsticks on the floor (and miraculously still brought the medicine box on his arms but because he’s stupid, he ripped the bottom when he accidentally scratched it with the drum set’s corner thing) and ran inside the kitchen, tried hiding under the table, but his legs stuck out, so he ended up standing behind the fridge where his hair stood out like a bird’s nest.

 

He heard Baekhyun’s footsteps getting closer.

 

“Park Chanyeo—“ Baekhyun paused after the last medicine tablet he saw stopped somewhere beside the fridge. He saw a certain nest behind the fridge.  “Are you doing this on purpose or you’re just plain stupid?”

 

 

“Fine. I’m going home.” Baekhyun walked out of the kitchen to the door, held the door know, open the door and slammed it shut. Then he tiptoed back beside the doorway of the kitchen. One of the best things about himself is his on-spot predictions. He predicted Chanyeol’s going to appear right about now.

 

Chanyeol’s eyes widened, along with a scary deep voice shriek (or growl) and unconsciously grasped both sides of the wall, with his feet also tagging along, when he saw Baekhyun staring up at him with that creepy eye smile.

 

He looked like a koala.

 

Or a gorilla since a koala is not that big.

 

“I thought you left.”

 

“Like how you thought I didn’t see your hair sticking out behind the fridge.”

 

Stupid hair.

 

“Chanyeol, get down here.”

 

“No.”

 

“What are you? 5? Get down here. Now.”

 

“What are you? My mother? I said no.”

 

Baekhyun’s patience meter finally snapped. “Fine then.” Then an image of Chanyeol’s box of IKEA products that he’s been hiding under the stairs flashed on his mind. Oh. He walked to the stairs to get the IKEA box.

 

“W-where are you going?”

 

No answer.

 

“Ya…Baekhyun? What are you doing?”

 

Baekhyun rummaged through the box until he found something. Bingo.

 

When Baekhyun came back, Chanyeol stiffened even more. Like, blame the tentacles he’s been imagining that’ll come out behind Baekhyun and strangle him to death. He started to question his own sanity. Because tentacles.

 

Baekhyun threw pieces of thumbtacks on the floor, below him, literally everywhere his long limbs can reach.

 

DAFUQ.

 

“Baekhyun, what—“ Chanyeol croaked, but alas, Baekhyun has already turned around before he can even continue with –are you doing?.

 

“Maybe I should go home. I need to eat.” Baekhyun then walked out of the house, this time for real, and slammed the door shut.

 

Chanyeol waited for a good ‘ol 5 minutes before freaking out in case Baekhyun comes running back to his door, yelling ‘GOT YA! I WAS JUST KIDDING! HAHAHAHA!’

 

 But…it’s Baekhyun.

 

Baekhyun doesn’t do kidding.

 

Especially not with HAHAHAHA.

 

So, he snapped.

 

“BYUN BAEKHYUN!!!”

 

--

 

Luhan lifted his head up and blinked. “I thought I heard a dragon roaring…” So he looked at the TV then he remembered they didn’t have a TV. “I’m pretty sure that was a dragon roar.” He jumped up from the couch when he heard the door click open, arms in front of him overlapping each other in an X-position, like a fighting stance.

 

Baekhyun glared. “You too?”

 

“Oh sorry.” Luhan lowered his hand. “I thought it was a dragon. I heard a dragon roar awhile ago.”

 

Chanyeol. LOL.

 

“You had too much—“

 

“It’s not Disney!” Luhan shrieked.

 

“…I was going to say imagination. But you’re right; Disney is equal to imagination anyway.”

 

“…”

 

“I need food.” Baekhyun blurted.

 

“Go make it yourself.”

 

“I didn’t actually request you to do it since I, of all people, know how bad you cook.” Baekhyun walked to the kitchen wherein Luhan followed closely. “So, what happened last night after you ran away?”

 

Luhan shrugged. “I…forgave him.”

 

One second…

 

Two seconds…

 

Three seconds…

 

Four seconds…

 

“Of course you did.” Baekhyun murmured quietly while cleaning the pan on the sink.

 

Luhan let out a silent sob. “Baek.”

 

No answer.

 

“B.”

 

“I’m busy.”

 

Luhan glared. “No, you’re not. You’re just playing with the water. Which reminds me, we haven’t paid yet!” He shook his head. “But that’s not the point. Come on B, I know you still haven’t forgiven Sehun.”

 

“Yes, I have.”

 

“No, you haven’t.”

 

“I could care less, you know. If you forgive him, that’s fine with me. I won’t hold a grudge against him. But that doesn’t change the fact that we fought because of him.”

 

Straight to the heart.

 

To the lungs.

 

And to the thymus.

 

Luhan wondered if he made the right choice. But seeing Sehun… “He’s a kid.”

 

“Who’s stupid.”

 

“A kid.”

 

Stupid.”

 

Luhan ruffled his hair in exasperation and leaned on the table. Baekhyun turned to him. “You don’t have to worry though. I’m not gonna plot some kind of evil plan to end his boring life.”

 

“His life is not boring.”

 

Why are you defending him?” Baekhyun eyed him suspiciously, raising a fork. “Do you—“

 

“I do not like him!”

 

Baekhyun blinked. “I was going to say have a soft a spot for him.” Then he grinned. “So you do like him.”

 

“I just said I do not!”

 

“Yes, you do. You’re too defensive.” Baekhyun stuck a tongue out. “Lulu and Hun-hun—“

 

“Shut up.”

 

“—sitting on a tree—“

 

“Shut. Up.”

 

“—-I-N—“

 

“Byun Baek—“

 

BOOGSH!

 

Baekhyun and Luhan stand frozen as they try to decipher what that sound was. It sounded like the door on their living room just exploded…but that would be impossible…right?

 

Right?

 

“BYUN BAEKHYUN!”

 

“Eep!” Baekhyun squeaked and quickly hid behind Luhan. Luhan turned around and saw an angry Chanyeol approaching the kitchen.

 

“What’s going on?” Luhan asked confusedly.

 

“Look at what he did—“ Chanyeol started. “To Sehun!”

 

“Sehun?”

 

Baekhyun peeked from behind Luhan. “Sehun?”

 

Sehun was sitting on the floor with one of his leg raised up and his foot covered with ing is that blood? Baekhyun blinked cluelessly. Luhan glared at him. “Not plotting an evil plan to end his boring life huh?”

 

Baekhyn raised his hands in front of his chest. “I did not do that! I haven’t even seen him since yesterday!”

 

“True!” Sehun croaked from the living room. “I was going to visit Chanyeol. When I opened the door and walked in, I stepped on one of the thumb tacks scattered on the floor. It’s not his fault, really. I think something happened before I arrived.” He glanced at Chanyeol and Baekhyun who acted like they did not hear a single word he said. “The bleeding though…”

 

Luhan let out a sigh and grabbed the first aid kit.

 

“I’m going back to cooking.”

 

“I’m going back to my house.”

 

Sehun blinked at Baekhyun and Chanyeol who completely ignored each other and walked away. Something definitely happened before he stepped on that thumb tack.

 

“Ya, Sehun, can you walk here?” Luhan called from the kitchen.

 

“By walk, do you men crawl? Cause I’m an expert to that since five minutes ago.” Sehun replied and started crawling to the kitchen, where he can hear the sounds of Baekhyun cooking and Luhan rummaging through the cabinets. When he reached the doorway, Luhan helped him up tp sit on one of the chairs. “I can do it on my own.”

 

“Don’t be stu—“ Luhan paused when he remembered Baekhyun’s words of wisdom. “Nevermind.” He sat on a chair in front of Sehun’s and placed the latter’s leg on his thigh. He grabbed the cotton and started cleaning the wound with an alcohol. “Really, B? Thumb tacks?”

 

Baekhyun looked behind him to see Luhan. “Chanyeol wasn’t coming down! He suddenly started climbing up the wall and refused to go down. It’s his fault.”

 

“Well, when I entered, he was this close to falling. If he fell, he would’ve been covered with blood by now. Who knows? There might even be blood clots. He might procure some blood disease.” Sehun shrugged.

 

Baekhyun dropped the plate on the table. “You’re over-exaggerating.”

 

Luhan snorted. “It’s not like you didn’t learn that in school, B.”

 

“Why do you keep on defending him?” Baekhyun asked in a whisper. “Well, then, what do you want me to do?”

 

“Apologize.” Luhan and Sehun said in unison.

 

“He started! With that noisy drum beats of his.” Baekhyun pouted and crossed his arms.

 

Luhan and Sehun continued to stare at him.

 

“Ugh! Fine!”

 

Baekhyun stomped out of the house angrily, cursing both Luhan and Sehun for suddenly teaming up against him, making his life more miserable than it already is, especially with the presence of a certain noodle head his other self, Baekhee, calls her fiancé, but actually he’s just some stupid gay CEO who can’t even find a proper girlfriend and asdfghjkl

 

Baekhyun knocked on his door.

 

“Come in! It’s open! Oh wait—nevermind. It’s closed! No one’s here! I wouldn’t want you to leave with a bleeding foot…whoever you are.”

 

Baekhyun rolled his eyes and slammed the door open. Chanyeol was casually sitting on the couch.

 

“Oh, it’s you. Well, ignore my warning.” Chanyeol shrugged.

 

Baekhyun noticed that the thumb tacks were still scattered on the floor, exactly what it looked like when he left…except for that blood near the entrance. He snarled. “You’re not going to clean this up?” He asked Chanyeol whose eyes were fixed on some show he’s watching on the television.

 

“If I tried, I would trip and fall.”

 

Baekhyun sighed.

 

Oh well, you know what they say. My trash, my responsibility.

 

Baekhyun knelt on the floor and started picking up each of the thumb tacks he scattered on the floor. Chanyeol squinted and was surprised to see Baekhyun cleaning up. “Baekhyun? What are you doing?”

 

“Isn’t it obvious? I’m cleaning.”

 

“You’re going to injure yourself.”

 

Baekhyun winced when one of the thumb tacks accidentally pricked his thumb. “Well…it’s better than tripping and falling, I guess.”

 

“You’re really stupid.” Chanyeol grabbed one of the pillows and pushed it down to slide on the floor, against the thumb tacks, forcing them to be pushed to the side, giving him a clean floor way. He walked to Baekhyun and carried him on his shoulders, startling the brunette. Baekhyun accidentally dropped the thumb tacks he collected so far.

 

“Hey! What are you doing?!” Baekhyun yelled on his ear.

 

“Shut up.” Chanyeol walked back to the couch and dropped Baekhyun. “Stay there.”

 

“What—“

 

“I’m cleaning. Shut up and stay there.” Chanyeol said sternly. He looked so serious Baekhyun was left speechless. Chanyeol tiptoed to the storage room and grabbed a broom. Baekhyun watched him with amusement.

 

Chanyeol’s cleaning.

 

The world is going to end soon.

 

Baekhyun leaned on the couch, coping with the sudden change of nature Chanyeol was showing him, when he noticed piled magazines and books hid under the pillows at the corner of the couch. He picked them up.

 

Cleaning 101

Home Comforts

Home Organizing Workbook

Speed Cleaning

Field Guide to Stains

 

And a lot more.

 

These are all cleaning guide books. Baekhyun thought. He’s reading these?

 

“I’m done!” Chanyeol yelled from behind him. Baekhyun jumped up in shock. “Ah…that…um…”

 

Baekhyun turned around. “You read these?”

 

Chanyeol looked away. “Ah…” His blush was really obvious.

 

“Chanyeol.”

 

“Well…you always get mad when I don’t clean…so I thought maybe I could try. So, the next time you come here, you won’t yell at me for letting this place get dirty.” Chanyeol rubbed his neck and lowered his head to hide his growing blush.

 

Baekhyun blinked at him, speechless.

 

Cute.

 

What.

 

Why.

 

Ugh.

 

Screw you.

 

Noodle head.

 

“You’re really something.” Baekhyun murmured after seeing how clean the floor has become. He jumped down from the couch to the floor. “I smell. Can I use your bathroom? I want to take a bath.”

 

“O-ofcourse.”

 

Baekhyun ran to stairs.

 

“Ah, Baekhyun!”

 

Baekhyun turned around.

 

“You haven’t eaten yet, right?”

 

Baekhyun remembered the eggs he could for himself earlier but wasn’t able to eat. He nodded.

 

“Does curry sound good to you?”

 

Baekhyun realized that it’s not just cleaning, it was also cooking.

 

“Up to you.” Baekhyun then sped to the bathroom, heart pounding in accordance to his speed, although he of all people knows that it’s not just the speed. He locked the door and leaned on it.

 

Stop.

 

Why are you being like this?

 

He remembered Chanyeol’s face blushing, embarrassed.

 

He closed his eyes and gripped his chest. You can’t be like this.

 

It’s not right.

 

--

 

“Wow, these are good.” Sehun mumbled while munching the eggs Baekhyun cooked.

 

“Don’t talk when your mouth is full, idiot!” Luhan scolded. Then he remembered something very important. “So, about our deal.”

 

“You remember that, huh.”

 

“I just want a TV!” Luhan batted his eyelashes. “Pleaseee.”

 

Sehun shook his head and laughed.

 

--

 

When Baekhyun got out of the shower, he smiled when he smelled the curry Chanyeol was cooking downstairs. It made him think Chanyeol was doing a great job. He wonders what made him like this. He walked to Chanyeol’s closet and grabbed one of his oversized t-shirts. He wore it, pouting when it reached his thighs, reminding him of their unfortunate height difference. He also borrowed one of Chanyeol’s briefs (because he can).

 

When he reached the kitchen’s doorway, he saw how Chanyeol was too caught up with preparing the meal, so he made an obvious sound to remind him of his presence. He tapped his foot on the concrete loudly. Chanyeol glanced quickly then back to the plate. “Wait a sec, I’m just finishing up.” The latter murmured and placed the bowl on the table. Baekhyun was also surprised to see the plates and utensils organized on the table.

 

Baekhyun walked to one of the chairs, where Chanyeol choke on humid air, seeing as he was wearing one of his shirts. “You’re wearing…my shirt.” Chanyeol croaked; can’t help but stare at the delicate small frame inside his large shirt.

 

“Yeah and your underwear too.”

 

Chanyeol glanced down. “You’re only wearing underwear?”

 

“Your boxers are too big for me.” Baekhyun sat on the chair. Chanyeol remained standing, trying hard not to get a at the inappropriate timing. He observed Baekhyun, watched as his fair skin glowed in contrast to his semi-black and white shirt, watched as he bites his lips and watched as his soft hair shone through the sunlight. Chanyeol grabbed the towel.

 

Baekhyun was startled when he felt a towel on top of his head, followed by large hands ruffling it. “At least dry your hair properly,”

 

He wasn’t used to being babied like this. But Chanyeol felt like he is and that he’s just doing what other people did to him to other people, to Baekhyun. Chanyeol withdrew the towel and threw it on the laundry basket near the storage room.

 

“Thanks,” Baekhyun said. Chanyeol sat on the chair opposite to his and smiled.

 

They started eating.

 

“So, what happened last night?” Baekhyun asked.

 

Chanyeol stared, not sure where to start. “You…got drugged.”

 

“I know that. I mean, what happened after that?”

 

“You don’t…remember anything?”

 

Baekhyun shook his head. “I woke up with a massive headache. Care to enlighten me?”

 

“Well, you know…”

 

You started getting .

 

“You…um…”

 

You wouldn’t stop crying.

 

“Just…”

 

Then suddenly, you wouldn’t stop laughing.

 

“You just…”

 

Then you said I love you Chanyeol.

 

“…fell asleep.”

 

Baekhyun raised an eyebrow. “That’s it? I fell asleep?” Chanyeol nodded. “I didn’t do anything weird? Say anything weird?” Chanyeol shook his head. Baekhyun pursed his lips. “Okay.”

 

--

 

Baekhyun was left hanging around the living room when Chanyeol volunteered to do the washing (and seeing how enthusiastic he looked, Baekhyun just couldn’t say no). He walked around the drum set. Chanyeol explained that he was practicing the drums because his sister, Gyuri, wanted him to perform something for her on her party. Baekhyun never knew Chanyeol could play the drums, nor where the drum set came from.

 

He jumped slightly when the doorbell rang (mostly because he didn’t even know a doorbell existed). He proceeded to open the door.

 

“Who is it—“ He paused and stared at those familiar mischievous eyes. “Chanyeol?”

 

“Yeah?” Chanyeol answered from the kitchen.

 

“Did you order a kid?”

 

“What?” Chanyeol peeked from the kitchen. “What kid—“

 

“THIS KID.” Baekhyun moved aside.

 

Yuan glared at him. “What does that supposed to mean? It’s not like I want to be here, either!”

 

“Well then, leave.”

 

“I can’t, moron!”

 

“What did you just—“

 

“Ah, it’s Yuan,” Chanyeol breathed.

 

“Chanyeol hyung!” Yuan yelled happily and ran to Chanyeol. Chanyeol knelt down to hug him.

 

Baekhyun watched and snarled at them. “Looks like he won’t be leaving anytime soon.” He murmured and slammed the door shut. “What are you doing here anyway?”

 

Yuan took something from his backpack, a crumpled paper, and showed it to Baekhyun.

 

Baekhyun opened the paper and read it.

 

Good morning, Mr. Byun Baekhyun,

 

I am disheartened at the events that happened last night and I have been reflecting since then. I would like us to come into agreement to forget about what happened. However, I have taken note of the favor you asked me regarding my younger brother, Yuan. I had tried to educate him properly myself but a dawn of realization came to me. I cannot educate him properly, which is why I sent him to stay with you for a week. You seem to be a more effective teacher in terms of education. Very well then, have a nice day.

 

Yunho

 

Baekhyun crumpled the paper.

 

“That son of a .”

 

Chanyeol covered Yuan’s ears. “Hey, watch your words.”

 

“Oh trust me, he knows more than I do,” Baekhyun knelt down in front of Yuan. “Hey, where’s your brother?”

 

“I think…he just left for Amsterdam,” Yuan replied.

 

Baekhyun clenched his fists. “That motherer—“

 

“Come on, Yuan. Let’s leave him for awhile. He might start swallowing us.” Chanyeol stood up and held Yuan’s tiny hands and lead him to the kitchen.

 

“He does seem capable of swallowing us alive.” Yuan murmured with a laugh.

 

ASDFGHJKL!

 

--

 

Baekhyun was freaking out…mentally.

 

Never in his life did he wish to babysit a kid.

 

Especially Yunho’s brother.

 

“Broooooommmm!!!!” Yuan pushed the toy car (Chanyeol’s toy car) until it fell on the floor. “And he’s dead!”

 

Baekhyun crooked his eyebrows. “You are so violent.” Then he stood up and picked up the toy car. Chanyeol seems to have a soft spot on Yuan. He even went to the trouble of rummaging through his closets of used and dusted materials, toys or whatsoever, cleaned them and gave them to Yuan.

 

Baekhyun placed the toy car back on the table.

 

“Where’s Chanyeol-hyung?”

“He had to go to work.”

 

Yuan pouted. “Are you his boyfriend?”

 

Baekhyun almost fell on the floor face first. “I am not, okay? I’m his neighbor.” Yuan jumped down from the chair and ran to the living room. “Where are you going now?” Baekhyun lazily followed him.

 

Yuan plopped on the couch. “I want to watch TV!”

 

Baekhyun heard the phone ring. “Yuan, don’t jump too much.” He reminded the kid before proceeding to answer the phone. “Hello?”

 

“Baekhyun, it’s me. How are you guys?”

 

“You have guts to ask how are you guys when you abandoned me to take care of this devil?”

 

“Aww, come on. Don’t be so hard on him.”

 

Baekyun heard a thud sound behind him. He looked back at the couch and found Yuan nowhere. “Wait, call back later.” He immediately placed the phone back and walked to the couch. He found Yuan on the floor, hugging his legs. He sighed.  “Did you fall? I told you not to jump too mouch.” Yuan ignored him and hugged his legs tighter. Baekhyun knelt in front of him and pulled his arms away. “Come on, let me see.” There was a scratch on his left leg. He sighed again. “If you want to cry, cry. Don’t bite your lip. It’s going to bleed.”

 

It took a minute before Yuan decided to comply. He started sniffing.

 

“See? You’re still a kid.” Baekhyun snorted. He lifted Yuan up and carried him on his arms. “Now where’s the first aid kit.”

 

--

 

“And lastly, as updated by our employees, our sales are g—“ Yoonhye struggled. “G-g-go…goi—“

 

“You can do it.” Chanyeol whispered.

 

Yoonhye took a deep breath. “Our sales are going down. There, I said it!” She let out a sob.

 

The rest of the board members groaned in disappointment, followed by unwelcomed criticisms mixed with gossips from unreliable sources (whatever those sources are). Chanyeol slammed his fists on the table to snatch their attention back to the subject matter supposed to be the discussed.

 

“What’s the big deal? It’s not like we’re going bankrupt.” Chanyeol said, throwing his hands.

 

“Yeah but if this continues, we are going bankrupt.” One of the board members said. “And we all know the reason why.”

 

Jongin dropped his pen. “Alright fine. I quit.”

 

Chanyeol blinked. “Wait, what? Hold on, hold on. People, guys, girls, oldies, calm down. You want to solve this problem? You want to stop this trend of our sales going down? Then we’re going to that banquet. Which means, nobody, especially you Kai, is quitting.”

 

Kai crooked his eyebrows. “But I thought you were against the whole idea of attending the banquet and competing for that deal?”

 

“I have thought of this decision thoroughly and with fair judgment. The idea isn’t bad at all.” Chanyeol nodded. “Besides, we’ve been rejecting their invitation for the past years. I think we can make it to the front page for attending this time, which means the headlines wouldn’t be about Kai’s story but the company’s.”

 

The board members nodded inaccordingly, reconsidering the proposal.

 

“You can do this without me.” Kai inquired.

 

“Yes, we can,” Chanyeol replied. “But we won’t.”

 

Chanyeol doesn’t lay down his pride, not ever, but if he does, he’s considering the risks and he trusts that everything will work out in the end. This is one of hardest decisions he has ever made, Kai’s scandal and the Van der Gilt proposal. But he knew, long ago, ever since meeting his new neighbor that it’s worth to take risks and to try.

 

--

 

“Noooo! I want steak!”

 

Baekhyun covered his ears. “Shut up.”

 

“I want steak! I want steak! I WANT STEAK!”

 

“We don’t have stake! I don’t know how to cook stake! How many times do I have to tell you?!”

 

Yuan pouted. “But we always eat stake at home!”

 

“That’s because you live in a house of gold with world-renowned chefs.” Baekhyun argued. “Look, it’s only for one week. Think of it as a diet.”

 

Yuan glared. “What do I need a diet for? I eat balanced meal. My parents also signed me up for a juvenile gym.”

 

“Your parents have some issues.” Baekhyn murmured under his breath, trying to find justice in Yuan’s statement wherein his parents did not orient him about playing like what normal kids do but instead they give him thousands of latest gadgets and signed him up for a gym, a gym. What the hell is that? “Fine. Think of it as…a challenge. You do know your brother sent you here to get rid of you right? He probably wanted to see you suffer. If you get past this week without stakes, then your brother loses.”

 

Ah.

 

Of course.

 

There was no such thing.

 

“What do I win?” Yuan asked a very obvious question that normal kids are not supposed to ask. He was supposed to believe it and be convinced without further questioning. What the hell?

 

“I don’t know. Your brother’s respect maybe.”

 

“Nah. I can’t sell that.”

 

Baekhyun clawed his hair. “OH MY GOD YOU ARE PISSING ME OFF.”

 

“Pissing? I’m not pissing at you. I don’t even feel like urinating right now.”

 

Baekhyun hit his head on the wall lightly. “Just shut up, please, while I call 911.”

 

He dialed Chanyeol’s number.

 

Funny how he answered after the first ring.

 

It’s like he was asking for it.

 

And he will get it.

 

Hel—“

 

“Chanyeol you get back here or I’m going to burn your house along with this devil and your Rilakkuma collections down the attic.”

 

“NOOOO NOT THE RILAKKUMAS.”

 

How Baekhyun found those Rilakkumas?

 

It all started when Chanyeol didn’t want to get the vacuum cleaner.

 

So he had to get it on his own.

 

And then there was a shelf of Rillakuma stuffed toys and plushies beside the vacuum cleaner.

 

“Are you going to get your here or what—“

 

“Okay, okay, relax. I’m coming back. You’re so hot, tiger.”

 

Baekhyun paused.

 

Then he slammed the phone back.

 

A vase broke.

 

He turned immediately and saw pieces of the broken vase on the floor with a guilty-faced Yuan standing beside it. Baekhyun gave him the accusing-face.

 

“It wasn’t me.”

 

“Oh yeah? So who did it? A ghost?”

 

“Ghosts are not real.”

 

“They are now since a ghost broke the vase.” Baekhyun crossed his arms.

 

“Fine. But it was an accident!”

 

“Explain that to Chanyeol. This is his house.” Baekhyun said while picking up the broken pieces one by one.

 

“Will he get mad at me?”

 

Baekhyun shrugged. “It depends. I have a friend who broke my best friend’s vase and things got ugly.”

 

There was a moment of silence.

 

Until Yuan spoke.

 

“How ugly?”

 

Baekhyun looked up and grinned. “You wanna know what happened?” Yuan nodded hesitantly. “That friend ended up in the hospital. You know people don’t really buy vases just to display it. The vases are given to them, with love. So it’s irreplaceable. That’s why that friend got beaten up so bad by my best friend. He could’ve died. Luckily, he survived.”

 

Yuan gulped. “…beaten up?”

 

“Yeah, punched and kicked and thrown and whatsoever. My bestfriend even attempted to drown that friend.”

 

“Chanyeol-hyung wouldn’t do that to me, right?”

 

“It depends on how important this vase is.”

 

Yuan sniffed, eyes starting to tear. “…but I didn’t break it on purpose.”

 

Baekhyun blinked. “Um,”

 

Yuan covered his face with his palms and started sobbing.

 

Then Baekhyun heard a car parking outside.

 

Chanyeol.

 

Oh no.

 

Baekhyun held the boy’s hands. “Hey, stop crying. I was just joking. Yuan, shhh.”

 

“I’m home!” Chanyeol yelled and slammed the door open, greeting them with his idiotic smile.

 

“UWAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!”

 

Baekhyun flinched at Yuan’s loud cry.

 

“What? What happened? What did I do?” Chanyeol asked in sequence, walking over with a concerned face.

 

“I’m sorry Chanyeol-hyung! I broke your vase! I didn’t do it on purpose! Please don’t beat me up!” Yuan cried.

 

Chanyeol knelt down and pulled Yuan’s hands away from his face. “Hey, it’s okay. Don’t cry. Who said I’m going to beat you up?”

 

Baekhyun stood up slowly and turned around.

 

“Baekhyun hyung said you’re going to beat me up *sniff* because this vase is very *sniff* important…”

 

“Baekhyun said what—“ Chanyeol turned beside him. “Baekhyun.”

 

Baekhyun turned around slowly, biting his lips. “…sorry.”

 

Chanyeol sighed in disappointment and turned back to Yuan. “Shh, it’s okay. No one’s going to beat you up. You’re a kid. Things like these happen. Okay?”

 

Yuan pursed his lips. “…okay.”

 

“Very good!” Chanyeol stood up and carried Yuan in his arms, turning to glare at Baekhyun. “Alright, let’s wash your face.” They left Baekhyun with his guilt.

 

Baekhyun sighed.

 

He knelt down.

 

And continued picking up the broken pieces.

 

While humming to a tune.

 

The song is a memento of his birth mother. When they were still living in Korea, his mother would sing Baekhyun to sleep. Sometimes, Baekhyun will find his mother sitting in front of their house, singing. It was a beautiful memory. Probably the only beautiful memory he can remember. His mother was frail and often got sick thus she was adviced to quit her job and stay home.

 

One of the things Baekhyun realized is that his mother never scolded him when he was a kid. Not even once. If he does something bad, his mother would smile and say ‘Don’t do that again. I don’t want you to grow up full of regrets.’

 

He has a lot of regrets.

 

“Ah.” Baekhyun winced when one of the shards accidentally pricked his thumb. He dropped the other shards and on the wounded thumb, hissing in pain.

 

He misses his mother.

 

A tear fell on the floor.

 

“Baek—“ Chanyeol stood by the doorway of the kitchen. “Baekhyun?”

 

Baekhyun wiped the tears away immediately. “What?”

 

“Were you crying?”

 

“N-No, I just got…pricked…” Baekhyun smiled awkwardly while showing his thumb.

 

The doorbell rang.

 

Chanyeol walked to the door when the doorbell rang again.

 

He opened the door.

 

“Hi Channie!” His mother greeted.

 

He slammed the door shut. “.”

 

“Was that your mother?” Baekhyun asked in a whisper. “What’s your mother doing here?!”

 

“ . I told her this morning you moved in today. I thought she was going to visit tomorrow!” Chanyeol answered in the same manner. “What are we going to do?!”

 

“Why are you asking me that?!”

 

Chanyeol thought for a second. “Wait, Gyuri left some of her clothes in my bedroom. You can borrow those!”

 

“Seriously? You want me to dress up right now?!”

 

“Would you rather be busted now?!”

 

Baekhyun stomped his feet. “Ugh! Fine!”

 

“Take Yuan with you!”

 

Chanyeol ran back to the door and opened it. His mother was tapping her foot with crossed arms.

 

“Channie, did you just slam the door shut in front of me?”

 

Chanyeol grinned. “I’m sorry Mom, I was just shocked.”

 

“Shocked? What do you mean shocked? I always come here. Are you hiding something from me?” His mother entered the premises. “Oh, you are hiding something from me?”

 

Chanyeol snapped in turning after he closed the door, worried if Baekhyun was still there. He was relieved when he found the living room empty. “Your house is clean, for once.” His mother commented and walked around. “Did Baekhee clean for you?” There was a loud thud coming from upstairs. “What was that?”

 

“Rats?” Chanyeol smiled idiotically. “And yes, Baekhee, my fiancé, cleaned.”

 

“So, where is she? You do know that I came here to see her right? I even bought her some clothes! They’re at the car. I’ll just get it later.”

 

“You didn’t have to, Mom,” Chanyeol said. “She’s um…sleeping…upstairs. She got tired. Uh, I’ll go wake her up.”

 

--

 

Baekhyun snarled.

 

Out of all the clothes he found at the box, 95% of them are strapless and very very revealing while 5% are not. And those 5% are night gowns.

 

“How am I supposed to wear these?” He mumbled in frustration.

 

Yuan stared at him in amusement. “So you are Chanyeol’s boyfriend.”

 

“I’m not. I’m just pretending to be his girlfriend. It’s complicated. A kid like you wouldn’t understand.”

 

“Of course I understand.” Yuan rolled over the bed. “You’re pretending to be Chanyeol hyung’s girlfriend because Chanyeol hyung can’t afford to find one because he’s gay.”

 

“How did you know he was gay?”

 

“I saw him pushing away a bumch of girls with large s to look for you.” Yuan shrugged. “That’s what happened.”

 

Baekhyun finally found a set of normal girl clothes; a pink blouse and a white skirt. “Finally!!!”

 

Yuan found Chanyeol’s PS3 and grabbed it to play.

 

Baekhyun immediately took off his clothes to get dressed.

 

When the door slammed open.

 

“Baek—“

 

“KYAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!”

 

He threw the phone, the memo pad, the calendar, the alarm clock, almost everything to Chanyeol’s direction wherein the giant had a hard time dodging them all, resulting to mild hits on the head.

 

“Stop!”

 

Baekhyun crouched down to cover his body.

 

“WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU DOING?! I’M !”

 

Yuan snorted. “Adults.”

 

--

 

Mrs. Park snorted. “Kids.”

 

--

 

“I didn’t know! I’m sorry!” Chanyeol turned around immediately. “There!”

 

Baekhyun immediately grabbed the dress and wore them in a speed of light.

 

“A-are you done?”

 

“Yeah, you can turn around.” Baekhyun muttered under his breath while fixing the dress.

 

Chanyeol stared in awe. It’s been a while since he saw Baekyun wear a skirt. His legs are y as hell.

 

“What are you staring at?” Baekhyun crossed his arms.

 

“You look stunning.”

 

Baekhyun looked away. “Thanks.”

 

“Oh,” Chanyeol grabbed a wig hidden from a pile of his used clothes. “Here,”

 

“You have a wig here?” Baekhyun asked in surprise while wearing the wig properly.

 

“My sister is really fond of imitating famous stars. Until she got obsessed with dressing up.” Chanyeol replied. “There. You look even more stunning now.”

 

“Stop that.” Baekhyun looked away to hide his blush.

 

Chanyeol held his hand. “Let’s go?”

 

--

 

“Baekhee! My beautiful daughter!” Mrs. Park greeted Baekhyun with a hug. He heard a snort somewhere. He was quite sure it was from Yuan. “How have you been?”

 

Baekhyun smiled. “I’m fine, mom. Chanyeol really takes good care of me.”

 

“Of course he does,” They sat down in the couch. “Oh, who’s this kid? Your son?”

 

“Ah, no—“

 

Chanyeol interrupted. “He’s Yunho’s brother. Yunho left for Amsterdam so he decided to let his brother stay here for a week. His name’s Yuan.”

 

Yuan smiled. “Hello Mrs. Park! I’m Yuan!”

 

“Aww, what a cute kid. I’m so happy that Chanyeol finally found a girl. I wouldn’t have to worry about a grandchild.”

 

“G-grandchild?” Chanyeol asked.

 

“Why, yes. When are you going to give me a grandchild? I can be like the hottest grandmother in this country.” Mrs. Park clapped her hands. “Perfect!”

 

Baekhyun choked on humid air. “I’m just gonna get some water.” He excused himself and hurried to the kitchen.

 

This is insane.

 

Grandchild?

 

I can’t give birth!

 

Wait, it’s not like I’m going to be Baekhee forever, right?

 

Baekhyun nodded and poured a glass of water.

 

When he walked back, he noticed that Chanyeol and his mother were talking about something serious.

 

“Oh, Baekhee,” Mrs. Park looked up at him. “Channie and I were just talking about a risk he took. He said you gave him strength to accept that invitation even though the outcome of that competition is unknown. It’s quite a big risk to the company but he’s convinced everything will work out. What do you think?”

 

Baekhyun blinked. What risk. What invitation. “Huh?”

 

“Oh, you know, the Van der Gilt banquet!”

 

Baekhyun dropped the glass.

 

The house was filled with the sounds of a glass breaking overlapping with a perplexing silence.

 

The silence remained when gravity pulled the glass down completely.

 

Baekhyun couldn’t make up proper words. “V-Van der Gilt?”

 


 

 

A/N:

Here ya goooo my lovely subbies. Sorry it took so long. ;A;

Unbeta-ed cause I'm updating before classes. XD

Chemistry . Analytical Chemistry even more.

Have you guys seen the Baekyeol moments? 

OF COURSE YOU DID

ASDFGHJKL

BAEK

JUST KISS YEOL

PLEASEU

BYE