Twisted

Perfectly Imbalanced

 

 

“I like your place.” Luhan said while taking a seat on the couch.

 

“Isn’t it practically the same as yours?” Chanyeol questioned, standing by the window and if it wasn’t obvious enough, Luhan can literally count how many times he glanced outside just to see if Baekhyun’s coming or something since earlier, the brunette decided to take a bath, in which Chanyeol did too, the difference is that Chanyeol doesn’t really have rituals so he got out first.

 

Luhan smiled and shook his head. “I mean, I like that you have TV and stereo and DVD player.”

 

“Yeah, Baekhyun told me about it.”

 

Which was the reason why he took the offer. Luhan suddenly felt guilty. He was practically the one who instilled the idea on him—well not really, you could say he was the one who pushed Baekhyun into this situation, but both of them saw it coming anyway. He felt guilty because he saw Baekhyun rise up from dust. There was more to Baekhyun’s past than he knows, he was sure, but he doesn’t dig on it for the sake of their friendship that bloomed since being mistresses of each other because of he-who-must-not-be-named. Acceptance was one thing but forgiveness after 5 minutes from the break up was another. And then he was sure, at that time, the brunette who stood before him was beautiful inside out. So, that makes it double guilt this time since he shared with Baekhyun’s happiness.

 

He always thinks of others before himself.

 

Take the Baekhee incident as an example.

 

He could’ve just walked away. Instead he made an effort to help Chanyeol even though he wasn’t sure of the outcome himself.

 

Luhan sighed heavily, catching the giant’s attention. “Chanyeol, I know I’m in no position to be telling you this or whatever since we don’t know each other that well yet but…Baekhyun’s been my friend since…I don’t know…since forever, I guess so please…don’t hurt him. I’ve seen it all, how he deals with pain, failure and sadness.”

 

Chanyeol gave him a warm smile. “Luhan, did you really think I would pick a random person to pretend for me? You could’ve at least taken a hint from that.”

 

Luhan gasped.

 

“Hurting him is the last thing on my list.” Chanyeol added and walked to the door to open for Baekhyun.

 

 

“Hey! I got pie! I saw it on the fridge. I cooked it this morning but Luhan ditched it.” Baekhyun said while showing the pie proudly.

 

“Cool. You must be really good at cooking.”

 

Baekhyun shrugged. “Kinda.”

 

“What kinda?” Luhan interrupted with a not so amused look. “You cook like a god. You should’ve just applied being a chef or something—mmff!”

 

Baekhyun threw his jacket on him.

 

“Don’t mind him.” Baekhyun smiled and walked to the kitchen, confusing Chanyeol while he follows.

 

Chanyeol watched as Baekhyun grabbed the pans he didn’t even know was there and some ingredients, that he also didn’t know actually existed, from the fridge and leaned on the doorway, an amused smile on his face. “So…making yourself familiar with my kitchen?”

 

“I figured I should since you’re not.” Baekhyun replied with a smirk.

 

Baekhyun: 1

 

Chanyeol: 0

 

Chanyeol cleared his throat. “So, look here.”

 

Baekhyun glanced at him, to the paper he was holding and then back to what he was doing. “What’s that?”

 

“It’s a contract kind of thing. Probably some conditions too.” Chanyeol then sat on the chair. “So you wouldn’t have to worry about things much.”

 

Baekhyun tasted his cooking then turned to him. “Things like what?”

 

“Things like my mom appearing out of nowhere.” Chanyeol chuckled, pushing the paper as Baekhyun leans on the table.

 

Baekhyun took the paper and scanned himself. “When did you make this?”

 

“While you were taking a bath.”

 

“Wow, I’m impressed.” Baekhyun said sarcastically. “I should be present during Mondays and Thursdays?”

 

“Those are the days she normally visits me. That’s probably going to change since she thinks that we should live together and I told her that you are moving in.”

 

“What?!” Baekhyun yelled, slamming the paper down. “I’m moving?! My house is beside yours!”

 

“Yeah, but she doesn’t know that. Look, for as long as you’re Baekhee you have to stay here.”

 

“I’m going to wear a wig and a dress all day?!”

 

“No, you can just stay here and when my mom comes by you can change immediately.” Chanyeol explained. “You don’t have to move in. Of course I can’t tell you that. But when necessary, you have to be here.”

 

Baekhyun shook his head, confused, and sighed heavily. “You’re giving me headaches. You actually make it sound like this is a profession.”

 

Chanyeol watched as Baekhyun go back to cooking, smelling the delicious fragrance coming from it. It’s been a long time since he ate home-made cooking so he was really looking forward to it. “If you have just agreed before, I wouldn’t have resented to such measures and you wouldn’t have to wait until you’re jobless.”

 

Baekhyun turned the stove off and started transferring the meal he cooked on the plate, carefully to avoid spills since food is a big deal for him. He experienced starvation before so he realized how important foods are, especially when his starvation was voluntary. Long story short, he tried fasting before and for sure, he’s not doing it again. “I can’t help but wonder…why me actually?” Baekhyun asked while putting the plate on the table.

 

Chanyeol shrugged. “I just thought that you’re suited for this.”

 

“I mean, you were looking for an instant fiancé or someone who can pretend for you. You could’ve just hired a lady but instead you came to me.”

 

Why is it actually?

 

I mean, the idea is there, it’s obvious but there’s just this one question.

 

Why?

 

“I mean, you thought I was a girl but when you found out I wasn’t you still insisted on me. So, why?” Baekhyun asked nonchalantly while setting up the table as if it was a normal thing to do inside Chanyeol’s kitchen.

 

Chanyeol knows why, he’s just afraid to say it out loud, afraid that it might be true even though in his mind it isn’t. He insists it’s infatuation. Maybe so. But then Sehun wouldn’t agree with him. Not that Sehun is less ed up than he is.

 

“I think…” Chanyeol breathed. “I think I lik—“

 

Baekhyun almost snapped his neck in turning when a loud familiar bark from outside echoed through the halls.

 

Thank you, dog.

 

Really.

 

Chanyeol looked away while Baekhyun walks to the living room.

 

“Luhan?”

 

Luhan immediately slammed the door shut and turned. “Hi.”

 

Baekhyun raised an eyebrow. “What are you doing?”

 

“I’m not doing anything.”

 

Brad Pitt continues to bark. Baekhyun walked closer while Luhan leaned his back on the door. “Lulu, excuse me.”

 

“What? Why?”

 

“I’m going to see if something’s wrong with Brad Pitt. He keeps on barking.”

 

“Oh, he’s fine.” Luhan assured with a smile.

 

“YAH! DO YOU WANT TO DIE?!”

 

So someone yelled from outside.

 

Followed by a bark.

 

This only means one thing.

 

Baekhyun crossed his arms. “You’re trying to hide something.”

 

“What? No!”

 

Baekhyun leaned to peak at the window beside the door and as expected, Luhan immediately blocked his sight. “Lulu.” He warned and Luhan replied with a smile.

 

Baekhyun attempted to peak again but Luhan blocked him again.

 

And again.

 

And again.

 

And again.

 

Baekhyun’s patience meter finally snapped. He grabbed a pillow, threw it on Luhan as strong as he could that Luhan almost dropped on the floor just in time the door slammed open and a certain man dropped on the floor, face first. Luhan stared, panicking, while Baekhyun was slightly confused. That was until he saw Brad Pitt walking on top of the man going to him that he realized this was the one who was yelling death outside.

 

“Sehun?”

 

Baekhyun turned around and saw Chanyeol standing by the doorway of the kitchen with a phone on hand and then back to Sehun who also has a phone on hand. Sehun lifted his head up.

 

“Sehun.”

 

“Sehun?” Luhan repeated.

 

“Sehun.”

 

“Yes, my name’s Sehun for Christ’s sake!” Sehun yelled, raising his hands up. Baekhyun and Luhan immediately helped him stand up.

 

“Are you okay?” Chanyeol asked while Sehun walked to him, slightly limping.

 

“I need ice or something.” Sehun said while entering the kitchen with Chanyeol following behind him.

 

Baekhyun turned sharply to Luhan. “He’s the one you were hiding.”

 

“Hiding? No. I wasn’t hiding him.”

 

“Yes you were! YAH! WHY ARE YOU LYING TO ME?!”

 

Luhan immediately covered Baekhyun’s mouth. “Why are you yelling?”

 

Baekhyun pushed him away. “BECAUSE YOU TOLD ME WE SHOULDN’T HIDE THINGS FROM EACH OTHER BUT HERE YOU ARE LYING TO ME! YOU’RE HIDING SOMETHING FROM ME!”

 

“Baek—“

 

“FINE! IF YOU WON’T TELL ME I’LL ASK HIM INSTEAD! YAH SEHUN!”

 

Luhan pulled Baekhyun’s collar and dragged him outside, slamming the door shut. “Shhhh! Alright fine! I’ll tell you!”

 

“If you said that earlier I wouldn’t have yelled and .” Baekhyun said while fixing his shirt. “Now spill it.”

 

No, actually, he cannot spill it.

 

As much as he doesn’t want to lie to Baekhyun, he doesn’t want him to be acquainted with Sehun. Yeah, he’s an overprotective little demon okay. He doesn’t even trust Chanyeol 100%. He’s seen what wealth can do and call him paranoid or what, that doesn’t stop him from worrying over Baekhyun.

 

Luhan inhaled deeply. “He’s my stalker.”

 

 

“WHAT?!” Baekhyun choked on humid air.

 

Let’s just hope his little lie doesn’t hurt anyone.

 

Or actually works.

 

“Look, I couldn’t tell you because he’s Chanyeol’s friend. That would really be awkward. Plus, he isn’t even serious in his studies. He uses his name to almost everything. I bet he uses Chanyeol too to get what he wants.”

 

Baekhyun gasped. “That’s horrible.”

 

“That’s why you should avoid him. We don’t know what’s running on these people’s minds.”

 

“Well, I know. I’ve been there.”

 

“Yeah, but you’re different.”

 

“Baekhyun are you going to eat or not?” Chanyeol yelled from inside, interrupting the two equally paranoid individuals.

 

“Remember, stay away from him,”

 

Baekhyun nodded and they proceed inside to dine with the hungry beasts. Baekhyun almost forgot he cooked because of the incidents earlier which brought him back to his and Chanyeol’s conversation earlier while fiddling with his food. “Oh, right, Chanyeol, what were you saying earlier?”

 

Chanyeol looked up, mouth occupied with rice cakes. He swallowed it without chewing which resulted to almost choking but managed somehow. “Uh…what?”

 

“When I asked you earlier. You said something like…like?”

 

Sehun shot a glance on both of them and grinned when an imaginary light bulb lit above his head. “Ah! He probably said he likes y—“

 

Chanyeol shoved the chicken on his mouth to keep it shut. “Oh, I was saying that I like it more if I had to do this with someone my own gender than with a girl I don’t like since that will be really awkward for me.”

 

“Really?” Chanyeol nodded. Baekhyun shrugged and continued eating.

 

Luhan glanced at them this time. “Do what? The pretending?”

 

All spoons and forks were finally put down. “Uh…”

 

“You know, I can’t really fathom why Baekhyun had to do this job for you.”

 

“Luhan, I needed a job and I came here on my own accord.”

 

“Obviously, you’re just using him to get something you want.” And obviously, Baekhyun is being ignored. “Tell you what, we don’t need money from people like you.”

 

“People like us?” Chanyeol shot.

 

“Look, there’s a misunderstanding okay.” Baekhyun butted in this time. “Luhan, you’re getting the wrong idea. And Chanyeol I’m sorry he doesn’t mean what he said. Obviously you’re not the one he’s referring to.” He added, shooting a vague glance to Sehun.

 

Sehun’s eyebrows crooked in confusion. “Did you just look at me?”

 

“Why? Were you offended?”

 

“Wait, what is going on?” Chanyeol asked, confusion spreading in the air.

 

“What the man? We just met! Why are you accusing me of something?” Sehun asked in exasperation.

 

“Well maybe if you didn’t stalk Luhan and stopped using Chanyeol or something, I would have had a better impression of you.”

 

Uh-oh.

 

Looks like the food just tasted bitter.

 

Sehun’s incredulous laugh surfaced as he turned to Luhan who looked as guilty as he should be. “You told him…I was stalking you and I was using Chanyeol?” Luhan looked down. “I never thought you’d sink this low.” He stood up, kicking the chair in annoyance and walked to the doorway, stopping midway. “Have you ever wondered why you never knew about me given that Kai is your friend?”

 

Luhan does not answer, even after Sehun finally left. Realizing what happened, Baekhyun gave an apologetic look to Chanyeol and asked for permission to follow Sehun. When he got the approval, he immediately ran towards the direction Sehun went.

 

Chanyeol heaved a sigh and looked at Luhan. “Remember when you told me you’ve seen how Baekhyun deals with pain, failure and whatnot?”

 

Luhan slowly lifted his head.

 

“You’re giving that to him right now.”

 

His eyes were close to tearing up.

 

“It won’t hurt to tell your story to a stranger.”

 

--

 

The freezing air damped on his skin and he almost went back inside to grab his jacket when a familiar color of hair pulled him back and he immediately walked towards it. Baekhyun found Sehun at the shack behind the house. Obviously abandoned and old. He knocked at the wooden doorframe. When Sehun saw him, he looked nowhere near pleased. “What are you doing here?”

 

“I just…want to apologize. Obviously my friend said something a little…twisted.”

 

Sehun snorted. “Your friend is twisted.”

 

Baekhyun took the reply as an invitation to come inside. “I apologize for him too. He’s got issues against wealthy people and classes in the society. And I might be the fault of that.”

 

“Why?”

 

“Can’t tell you~” Baekhyun crooned to lighten up the mood. Still, trying to cheer up a person he only met a few minutes ago is hard. Especially when you just accused him of something completely untrue. “But, I’m interested on how you two met. It’s odd for him to hide something from me like this, even more a new friend.”

 

Somewhere in between Baekhyun’s obvious efforts to make him smile and his own smile made everything less awkward and more comfortable. Sehun actually doesn’t mind. “I’m warning you though. This might sound a little ridiculous.”

 

“I just followed a person I barely knew but somehow offended in here to apologize, I’m all ears.” Baekhyun chuckled and shrugged. He shifted positions a bit since the wooden floor irritated his and leaned on one of the old and rusty cabinets.

 

“I saw him at that Homme Fatale studio and offered him a ride…I didn’t even know why I did that,”

 

“Wow, that’s creepy,”

 

“I know right. Well, he said he couldn’t go since he was waiting for this friend for 2 hours and I was like what kind of friend is that, he must be a douche and then here you are. Sorry about that.”

 

“It’s okay. I understand.”

 

Though I’d have to kill you after this.

 

Consider those your last words.

 

Okay, I kid.

 

“So I ended up waiting with him, talked a bit, bought him bubble tea and he interrogated me.” The last one made it sound like it was actually a crime.

 

Baekhyun gaped and threw his head back laughing. The mental images and idiocy were too much to handle.

 

And we’re talking about Luhan here.

 

Scholar of the country, duh.

 

I mean what.

 

“I’m sorry…I was the one who told him to do that every time he meets strangers.” Baekhyun said in between laughs. Sehun was thankful it finally made sense.

 

“And then I saw him with Kai the other day at a restaurant and he kept on avoiding me.”

 

“That was you and Chanyeol?”

 

“Huh?”

 

“Oh, nothing.” Baekhyun shook his head and waved his hand.  “Continue.”

 

“Then…this morning I just found out he’s my intern.”

 

“Oh my god.” Baekhyun breathed and started laughing again.

 

That was amusing for him, apparently.

 

Even more amusing than the memory of Luhan being forced to erase the writings on the board with his as a punishment. Luhan never felt so violated before.

 

“Sounds ridiculous, doesn’t it?”

 

Baekhyun waved his hand. “I get it. I get it. Don’t worry I’ll talk to him.”

 

“You don’t have to.”

 

“Oh stop pretending to be so nice.”

 

“Fine.”

 

--

 

“So you’re telling me you just hate rich bastards and their arrogant attitudes and that’s it?”

 

Luhan nodded. “I am a firm believer of equality.”

 

“I think you’re getting something wrong here. I hope you don’t think you’ll be oppressed someday.”

 

“That might be the case too.”

 

Chanyeol’s jaw dropped. “You are obviously paranoid here. Not all rich bastards are arrogant. There are people like me who are pressured to do things and Sehun—who’s still a student.”

 

“Yeah but that doesn’t mean you’re not capable of arrogance and oppression.”

 

Wow, he used to be cheerful when I first met him.

 

“Okay, to be honest, I don’t really have a problem with you. I mean Baekhyun can beat the crap out of you.”

 

That actually hurts.

 

“But Sehun is…”

 

“He’s still a student. Don’t tell me you didn’t go through that stage.”

 

Luhan shook his head. What? He was bed and books. The only person who had a better social life than him was Byun Baekhyun, mainly because he didn’t need to study so he all he did with all those years in China were party rocking and slapping. Because really, slapping es is fun. Plus, he’s been trained how to socialize with different types of people ever since he moved to hell—wherever that is.

 

“Wow, you’re a loser.”

 

Courtesy of Byun Baekhyun.

 

“See? That’s what I’m talking about! You people are arrogant!”

 

And you’re stupid.

 

Chanyeol shook his head. “Look, whatever problem you have with Sehun, I suggest you settle it immediately. That boy’s going through a lot already. Give him a break.”

 

“Okay,” Luhan nodded. “I’ll leave him alone then.”

 

Chanyeol banged his head on the table.

 

Well as long as there’s no blood, there’s nothing to be worried about.

 

Luhan nodded.

 

Bruises aren’t alarming.

 

Especially when we’re talking about Park Chanyeol’s head.

 

--

 

Baekhyun jumped on his bed, feeling as tired as carrying 10 boxes of s. His limbs were sore with all the walking he did when he was trying to find a job and his eyes just want to close and drift to sleep because he’s seen and heard enough to call it a day. Normally, Luhan wouldn’t disturb him once he closed the doors, slammed actually, but in the rare occasions where he doesn’t leave him alone, Baekhyun feels like jumping off the balcony so he can finally rest in peace.

 

Of course that was a joke.

 

“Lulu,” Baekhyun warned when the floor creaked to more than 40 decibels.

 

Luhan finally stopped walking around. “Baek,”

 

“Get out.” Baekhyun murmured while rolling to the side.

 

Luhan insists. He jumped beside Baekhyun, causing the bed to bounce a little, and slapped his . “B, come on, you know why I’m here.”

 

Baekhyun glanced at him. “All I know is that you haven’t explained and apologized to me yet about those you told me earlier!” And then he buried his head on the pillow.

 

“I already apologized a dozen times while we were going home!” Luhan whined.

 

Baekhyun sighed and finally sat up. “If you wanted to know what we talked about, you should’ve just followed him instead. Seriously. It’s private, okay?”

 

“You never had something private from me!”

 

“That was before you hid things from me.”

 

“You hid things first.”

 

Baekhyun bit his lip. “Oh so now we’re keeping track? Lulu, what is wrong with you? You weren’t like this before. Since when were you a firm believer of equality? The last time I checked, you only hated wealthy people because of what happened to me.”

 

“You heard us.”

 

Baekhyun nodded. “You know you can’t hide this forever.”

 

Luhan sat properly with a pillow resting on his lap. “I just…I just got scared that if I get involved to those two, I might lose everything. My job…and you.”

 

Baekhyun sighed heavily. “Hey, I’m still your best friend. What are you talking about?”

 

“Yeah but…I feel like we’ll both be busy with our own concerns. Me with my work and you with helping Chanyeol. I just thought that maybe we’d drift apart because of this. And I know it’s stupid for me to blame it on those two but…if I was given a choice, I don’t know what to choose.”

 

“You don’t have to choose, silly.”

 

“It’s either I leave my job so I can keep staying with you or I leave you so I can keep my job.”

 

Baekhyun shook his head.

 

That has got to be the most stupid thing I’ve ever heard.

 

“You’re really paranoid. You can keep both, scumbag.” And yes, the profanity is necessary. “You can go to work and I can stay with Chanyeol and we’ll text and call each other, and by the end of the day we’ll both go home to this house.”

 

“That is if Chanyeol doesn’t steal you.”

 

“Ya!” Baekhyun slapped him playfully and they both laugh it out, like normal teenage friends back in the days. “Seriously though, you need to stop overthinking things. What you need to do is talk to Sehun like what normal people do and I’m warning you…don’t scare him away. Now kapish so I can have my beauty sleep.”

 

Luhan chuckled as he stands up. “Alright, Ms. Baekhee.”

 

“Oh shut up.” Baekhyun falls back into his bed as the door closes. He sighed heavily, realizing that his life may have taken a few turns ever since Park Chanyeol knocked on their door.

 

No, really, he doesn’t want to think about that.

 

He stood up when he smelled himself—chicken, rice and limes. He crooked his eyebrows. Yeah, where the hell did the limes come from?

 

He decided to grab a change of clothes and walked to his wardrobe located at the corner of the room, casually passing by the balcony door when he noticed something outside. He took a few steps back and turned to the balcony opposite to his. And there he is, Park Chanyeol, leaning on the railings while his eyes are fixed on the certain brunette. Baekhyun ignored him, thinking that he’s probably looking at the ceiling and grabbed a shirt.

 

Chanyeol smirked when he saw skin at the edge of the door.

 

After changing clothes, Baekhyun kind of hesitated to walk back to his bed because that would mean passing by the balcony door again.

 

Well, he doesn’t really have any choice.

 

He walked slowly and stopped just at the middle. He saw Chanyeol smirking at him, chin resting on his palm.

 

Five minutes, 10 minutes and 15 minutes passed, Chanyeol doesn’t show any sign of looking away.

 

Baekhyun finally got annoyed and grabbed a sketch pad and a marker then wrote something, big enough for Chanyeol’s even bigger eyes to read. When he was done, he flashed it to him.

 

- WHAT ARE YOU DOING? -

 

Baekhyun only received a shrug in response.

 

He tore the paper away and wrote again.

 

GO INSIDE. DISAPPEAR OR WHATEVER.

 

Surprisingly, when he looked up, Chanyeol already had papers and pens.

 

- YOU FEELING CONSCIOUS WITH ME STARING AT YOU? -

 

- NO, I FEEL AWKWARD. -

 

Chanyeol snorted. - YOU WERE REALLY Y. -

 

Baekhyun’s eyes widened as he gagged. - WHAT THE ? -

 

- WOW, CENSORED. I LIKE IT. -

 

Baekhyun dropped the sketch pad and flashed his middle finger to him.

 

Chanyeol laughed in amusement. - YOU’RE NAUGHTY. -

 

- WHATEVER CHANYEOL. I’M SLEEPING. GO TO HELL. -

 

Baekhyn flashed one more time and finally closed the curtains of the door, leaving only the lampshade as the source of light. He left the sketchpad and the marker on the floor and slowly walked to his bed to finally get a good night’s sleep.

 

Okay maybe not yet.

 

After a few cycles of twists and turns, Baekhyun was finally fed up with his curiosity and decided to take a quick peak outside if Chanyeol is still there or something. Just anything.

 

He held the edge of the curtains at the middle and slowly made a little hole, enough for him to see what was outside.

 

Nobody warned him of sweet tooth though.

 

He saw a paper taped on top of the baluster.

 

- GOOD NIGHT. SEE YOU IN HEAVEN BEAUTIFUL. ;) –

 

And a rose on the railings.

 

He made a mental note to punch Chanyeol on the face tomorrow.

 

Or he’d get diabetes.

 

--

 

BOOM.

 

Baekhyun’s eyes snapped open when an explosion invaded his dreams, followed by a mild earthquake kind of thing. And then there’s the cars’ alarms going off. He immediately pushed his blankets away and hopped off his bed. After successfully wearing his slippers in one go, he ran to the balcony to see where the explosion came.

 

He was thinking something along the lines of terrorist attack, martial law or end of the world.

 

He should’ve known when he saw Park Chanyeol holding a bazooka.

 

A freaking bazooka.

 

He inhaled deeply.

 

“PARK CHANYEOL!!!!!!!!”

 

Chanyeol flinched and ran behind Sehun who was as equally scared as him.

 

“Good morning Baekhyun!” Chanyeol yelled, unsure if it was actually necessary or not.

 

Baekhyun’s face says it all.

 

There is no good in his morning.

 

At all.

 

“GOOD MORNING YOUR FACE! WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU DOING BLOWING UP THE SHACK?!”

 

Baekhyun yelled while pointing at the remaining parts of the completely destroyed shack.

 

Oh wait, there were no remaining parts. So he pointed at the air.

 

It was old.

 

No need to completely kill it.

 

Chanyeol made an effort to stop imagining Baekhyun as the witch from Snow White.

 

Or the beast from Beauty and the Beast.

 

“Uh, we were just testing our new product! The KMS Bazooka 8.5. It can be used to blow up things from a nearer distance. It’s quite helpful when the space is—“

 

“I DON’T CARE!”

 

Chanyeol flinched again and watched as Baekhyun not-so-carefully climbed down from the balcony and then jumped to the ground.

 

Ohhh.

 

Chanyeol crooned in his head. Who doesn’t like a brunette wearing nothing but an oversized polo shirt and boxers underneath? Even Sehun can’t stop and stare.

 

Those thighs.

 

Those white legs.

 

A sudden pain in the ears distracted him from his thoughts. Baekhyun was pinching his ears again. And knowing Baekhyun is a lot shorter than him, he felt so offended and violated.

 

“Baek—“

 

“ARE YOU CRAZY OR WHAT?! EARLY IN THE MORNING AND YOU BLOW UP THE SHACK?! HAVE YOU NO CONSIDERATION TO OUR NEIGHBORS?!” Baekhyun, literally, yelled in his ear. “WHAT ARE YOU DOING WITH A BAZOOKA ANYWAY?!”

 

Sehun cleared his throat, trying to keep enough distance from Baekhyun. “Uh, that’s what Park Industries do actually.”

 

Baekhyun’s face immediately softened. “Oh good morning Sehun.”

 

“Good morning.” Sehun replied with a cute smile.

 

Chanyeol felt even more offended.

 

“You were saying?”

 

“Ah, Park Industries or his company,” Sehun pointed to Chanyeol. “…deals with developing and manufacturing advanced weaponries and defense technologies…hence, the bazooka.”

 

“Oh.”

 

“At least do some research B,” Luhan appeared beside him, groomed with his intern uniform. It was then Baekhyun realized Sehun was wearing his school uniform.

 

How cute.

 

“Wow, you look good Lulu,” Baekhyun said with a smile.

 

“Really?” Luhan asked while turning 360 degrees. “Oh by the way B, I can’t join you for breakfast today I have to go early. We have to plan about this event or something.”

 

“It’s okay,”

 

Chanyeol appeared beside little brunette. “Sehun’s going now, why don’t you ride with him?”

 

Insert crows here.

 

“No, it’s—“

 

“SEHUN!” Chanyeol called Sehun who was already inside his car.

 

“Yeah?”

 

“LUHAN CAN RIDE WITH YOU RIGHT?”

 

Insert more crows here.

 

“It’s really not nece—“

 

“FINE BY ME.” Sehun, surprisingly, answered. “I’M NOT THAT ARROGANT TO REFUSE.”

 

A stab on the heart.

 

To the spines.

 

“Hear that? Now go. Or you’ll be late.” Baekhyun told him with a teasing smile.

 

Luhan had no choice though.

 

Besides, he wants to talk to Sehun too.

 

And get this over with.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“Clean up your mess, Park Chanyeol.”

 

“Yes, ma’am.”

 

Baekhyun immediately went back inside his house.

 

Leaving Chanyeol on cleaning duty.

 

Luckily for him, Kai arrived just when he was needed.

 

Kai pulled over in front of Chanyeol and slid his car window down. “What’s up?”

 

Kai fished an envelope from his bag and gave it to Chanyeol. “Your invitation to the Pumpkins Gala at SMA this weekend.”

 

“Thanks.”

 

“Oh and no date, no entry.”

 

Chanyeol snorted. “Not a problem.”

 

“Whatever big guy. See you at the meeting later.” Kai said and started driving away.

 

He could’ve just mailed it.

 

Chanyeol shrugged and opened the envelope.

 

You, Mr. Park Chanyeol, are cordially invited to SM Academy’s 36th Pumpkins Gala this coming October 20, 6 PM, at Philomene Labrecque Hall.

 

P.S. Bring a date.

 

P.S.S. y date if you may.

 

Chanyeol shook his head. Kids.

 

Looks like Baekhyun is up for his first official job.

 

 


 

 

A/N:

okay yes, SMA is Sehun's school lmao.

look at me posting this past midnight

I HAVE NO LIFE

 

and lol someone make me a poster

or at least teach me how to

photoshop isn't doing what i want it to do

 

and i probably can't update for the next 4 days.

i'm attending my classmate's debut this weekened and that's outside the city

pretty sure there's no wifi there ;A; let's hope there is /crosses fingers

but i'll be writing so when i come home i can update

so wait for these kids in halloween costumes and ed up parties 

 

AS ALWAYS, SUBBIES I LOVE YOU <3

you complete my boring life <3 and probably lovelife too

- gelie

yes i know we all want a piece of him lol