J u n H y u n g & H y e : The Distance Formula

P e r s o n a l R e f e r e n c e ~ !

 

Junhyung walked towards where his clothes were, picked them up and was about to change when he turned back around to where all his friends and the maids were. His eyes set on the girl that they had met first, outside the other waiting room. Her name was Soo Hye.

He looked at her and finally, she looked up at him from her conversation with a few of the girls and the Beast members.

She gave him a small smile but then, for some reason, she stopped herself. She looked away from Junhyung first.

Junhyung frowned.

Is she distancing herself away from me? Junhyung thought to himself. He shook his head. No way, he thought as he walked into the changing rooms, we haven’t even had time together yet! Why would she distance herself away from me?!

 

-

 

Hye felt a pair of eyes looking at her and when she turned to see, it was Junhyung, his clothes on one hand. His eyes seemed to pierce through Hye. Without knowing, she smiled and was going to walk over and say ‘hi’ when she remembered her contract.

She stopped her smile on her face and then broke her gaze. It hurt her to be distant from her favourite Beast member but there was nothing she could do about it.

She was the oldest. So she had to be the role model.

And she didn’t like breaking rules anyway.

Plus, she was only going to be his maid for a year. After this year, she was going to go back to America to finish her studies at Cornell University. She was only in Seoul for a year after all, as a transfer student.

Junhyung was going to have to find another maid after her.

It hurt Hye to think about it, but that was the truth and no one ever said that the truth was beautiful.

“…HYE!” She broke away from her thoughts and turned to her newly found friends; Eunjung, Chaeyeon and Younghee.

“Were you even listening to us talk?!” Chaeyeon exclaimed. Hye was surprised at Chaeyeon. She was so quiet when they had first met but, suddenly, she was loud and talkative; talk about split personalities.

“You can tell she wasn’t listening. That was a stupid question Chaeyeon!” Younghee said. Younghee was the girl with the high pitched voice. When you first listened to it, it was funny. But then after awhile you could only find it adorable – and occasionally annoying as hell but let’s not go there shall we?

“I wonder what she’s thinking about~” Eunjung teased.

“Or who~?” Chaeyeon picked up and the three of the started laughing.

Doojoon was suddenly upon us. I stared at him. I don’t quite know why but whenever I saw him, there was just something that I did not like. It had nothing to do with his face, his personality or anything. It was the aura around him that made me feel uncomfortable.

“Eunjung-ssi, let’s go. I’ve changed! We can go hang out now and get to know each other!”

That seemed to trigger all the other Beast members to ask their maids out now. Finally, after everyone left, there was only Hwayoung and Haeyee and Hye left.

It was the three maids that was most awkward and uncomfortable with each other. Hyunseung, and Kikwang had just gone in to change.

Hye stood up from her seat and began to clean up all the paper plates that was lying everywhere.

Hwayoung got up to help her. With a grateful smile, Hye said nothing.

When the two was done, before Hye could say a word of thanks, Junhyung came out.

Hye was never so glad to see another human being before.

 

-

 

When Junhyung walked out of the changing room, he could tell that half the people had already left. Since there was only 3 maids left and Kikwang and Hyunseung was in the changing rooms.

When he spotted Hye – which wasn’t very hard seeing as he had seen her more than a few times – he saw that her eyes were grateful that he had come out.

He gave her a small and, like before, she gave him a smile too but then cut herself off.

Junhyung frowned as he picked up his backpack.

Why is she like that?!Junhyung thought. After putting on his backpack and his sunglasses, he walked over to Hye and said to her,

“Want to go now?”

She smiled and nodded. She picked up the bag that Junhyung had never seen before in Seoul/South Korea and the two of them walked out.

Junhyung was glad that at least he could drive and he didn’t have to ask his manager to take him to places.

He didn’t say anything to his maid as he pressed the down button to the elevator. When the elevator finally came up, they both got in and that began to super awkward ride down to the parking lot.

“So-“

“So-“ They both said together. Junhyung cringed and smile at the same time.

“You first.”

“You first.” Junhyung and Hye looked at each other and then both burst out laughing.

“Ladies first.” Junhyung first before Hye could say anything. Hye pouted.

Junhyung blushed.

“Well, I just wanted to know why we’re going to the parking lot. I thought that you haven’t gotten your license yet.”

Junhyung laughed. He took out his wallet from the back of his pants, opened the wallet and showed her his license.

“Wow…you didn’t tell your fans?” Hye answered as he handed back Junhyung’s wallet and he took it back. The elevator dinged, signaling that they had arrived.

“Nup, it’s not like I drive a lot anyway so they don’t really need to know.”

“Then…how come you drove today?” Hye asked, a good question as the two of them weaved to and fro through cars that were basically all the same three colours; black, white and silver.

The only car that wasn’t those three colours was a red Ferrari.

Hye laughed out loud, earning a weird look from Junhyung.

“That car, is so you.” Junhyung smiled and swung his keys around his finger.

“How did you know that was my car?” Junhyung questioned as he unlocked the car and opened the driver’s door.

Hye got into the car the same time Junhyung did and said,

“Give me your backpack.” Junhyung did what he was told. Hye put it under her foot and as Junhyung drove out of the parking lot, Hye answered his question.

“Well, I didn’t think you were the type of guy to buy a boring coloured car.”

Junhyung laughed.

“You’re right about that. Now, where would you like to go? You’re new to Seoul right? Anywhere you want to go?”

Junhyung saw Hye think about it while looking out her window and he couldn’t help but notice how she had such bright eyes.

“That amusement park in A Stairway to Heaven!”

Junhyung had to laugh at that one.

“How come all the girls like that amusement park? It’s just an amusement park!” Hye shook her head and pouted.

“Guys just never seem to get the importance of that amusement park! Its where-“

“Okay, okay! I get it! You want to go to amusement park! No need to go into the itty gritty details with me!”

Junhyung said, thinking that he would get a reaction from her but, he didn’t get anything.

He turned to look at Hye and saw that her eyes were distant….again.

Junhyung was starting to worry. Was it him that gave her that look? Or was it something else? Just when he thought that he was about to get close to Hye, she would leave him again, clueless of everything he had just learnt of her.

He didn’t understand…why was she acting like this?!

 

-

 

Hye was standing right in front of the amusement park in a Stairway to Heaven and felt her heard lurch. She pulled Junhyung with her and went to look for the mural that one of the actors had painted; or at least showed that he had painted.

Finally, she found it.

She stood there, staring at the painting for so long and once again, felt her heart lurch at that painting.

When she turned around, she couldn’t see Junhyung. Her eyes widened as she tried to find him in the large crowd. He was an idol! He couldn’t roam around without being found out! Hye ran around the merry-go-around, trying to see if she could spot him. In the distant, she saw a person with a pig mask on but she dismissed that person.

After 5 minutes of searching, Hye had a feeling of dread clench itself in her heart. She didn’t want to call for help before her duty even started! She wanted to have this job! She wanted to serve Junhyung. Even if it was only for a year she could be happy!

She felt a tap on her shoulder.

“Go away!” She replied and continued searching for Junhyung.

She felt a second tap on her shoulder. Without even turning her head back, she pushed the man away.

She knew that was rude but she was more worried about Junhyung than being rude at the moment.

Finally, she felt a man grip her wrist, turning her around. She came face to face with the man with the pig faced mask. She squirmed, trying to get out of his grip.

“Let-go. I’m looking for someone important! Let go of my please!”

And that was when that man took off his mask.

 

-

 

All I wanted was to play a practical joke on her…I didn’t think she would take it seriously… Junhyung thought.

When he had taken off his mask, he expected a playful punch or a pout.

He didn’t expect her to actually tear up.

She still looks really cute though… Junhyung thought but then shook the thought out of his head.

“Did you know how worried I was…did you know how-“ She cut herself off as she turned around and ran off.

Junhyung stood there for a second, still dazed at her reaction but when he shook himself out of it, Hye had already disappeared.

He ran around, looking for her and when he had finally found her, she was sitting alone, crying. He sat down next to her and wanted to pat her back but he felt that it was awkward.

“I’m sorry…I didn’t mean to make you cry…I just thought that it was a good joke…” Junhyung confessed as people walked by the two of them.

“That wasn’t very funny.” Hye finally said after a few minutes of silence except for the happy music from the faraway merry go around.

“I’m sorry…I didn’t…”

“You’re an idol Junhyung-ssi. You can’t go off wandering like that without someone to cover up for you.”

Wait…this whole time, she was worried about me?! Junhyung thought with a frown.

“But-“

“Don’t do that again. I want to keep this job. Please…don’t do anything like that again.”

Junhyung looked down at the hunched up figure next to him and said,

“I promise I won’t do anything like that again.” 

***

no updates for a month! dannggg~~~ that's a HELLA long time!!! oh well, i've update now ^^ 

and i SO did not keep up with my promise about how I will update every week = = im so busy...so many fanfics. and i just started another one too!!! apply fanfic also...*sighs* busy busy ~ xDDD

anyways, i hope this chapter was okay......i wrote this a LONG time ago but just as i was about to finish the chapter, i stopped getting inspiration = = stupid me!!!

biann!!!

anyways, ima go now!!! i have other fanfics i need to write like my song-fic for B2ST's new songs, the fact ^^ i just finished On Rainy Days~ You guys should check it out! Kekeke~

http://www.asianfanfics.com/story/view/41089/on-rainy-days-the-fact-fiction-b2st-beast-dongwoon-dujun-junhyung-kikwang-yoseob

 

love you all and once again, SUPER SORRY FOR THE LATE UPDATE!!! ><

xx