Our Happy Ending? (monday couple)

Runningman Oneshot Story Collection (Not Accepting Requests - HIATUS)

 

As I watch her go away I felt this searing pain in my heart, why did I not tell her earlier? Will I be just a colleague forever? Won’t she even know how I really feel? I watched her walk away until she is gone, but in my mind, in my heart I still see her, in fact I can still see her in front of me, no matter how loud I tell her to go away, no matter how I close my eyes she is still there, and what is this? Tears?

 

Kang Gary- a shy man who openly tells Ji hyo that he likes her during filming but when the cameras stop recording he turns into a shy man who can’t carry a casual conversation with Ji hyo.

Ji hyo – she is a very beautiful woman who is very hard to read. She always seems blank but she is actually just hiding her true emotions.

Other running man casts

________________________________________________________________________________

 

“Ji hyo yah what is your favorite endings for movies?”

“Hmm... of course I want to have a happy ending oppa”

“Really? Then do you want to have a happy ending with me?”

“Keke oppa! Quit joking with me”

A joke? Ji hyo-yah it’s been a year and you still see me as a joke? I really mean it!

Gary heaved a sigh and he silently followed Ji hyo, he really liked her since the first day they have met but because he is the Monday boyfriend she doesn’t seem to be taking him seriously, maybe because she thought it was just for the show.

 

Running man filming ended and all the casts are preparing to leave. Gary scanned the area to look for Ji hyo, the others had already left but he hasn’t told her good bye yet. He saw her talking to the Pd and they seem a little bit serious, so he decided to wait for her. He saw her bow to the Pd and stood up, he felt excited since they are the only cast left and everyone was busy packing up so he hid behind a post and waited for her to pass.

“Boo! Pretty Ji hyo!”

“Oppa! Keke why did you scare me?”

“I was just trying to cheer you up” Gary felt shy talking to her alone, usually when the others are there  he finds it hard to talk to her but now it is just the two of them and he felt really nervous.

“Keke oppa why did you become quiet all of the sudden? You are not like this when we are filming”

“It’s just that... ah Ji hyo are you okay?” he started to play with the end of his jacket and he feels as if he is getting crazy standing there with her.

“I am fine…”

“You and Myuk pd looked so serious a while ago… want to talk about it?”

Ji hyo looked at him blankly. Gosh she is so beautiful Gary was stunned when Ji hyo stared at him and he felt that his heart is about to burst out from his chest.

“Gary oppa…” my god my god her voice! She is calling me!

“Why?” he gulped hard and he started to feel his face is getting red and hot.

“Close your mouth…”

“Ah… keke yeah… but my mouth is always like this...”

“Keke really oppa why?”

“I don’t know, they drop automatically whenever I see you!”

“Keke you are being funny again oppa, you really make me happy whenever we are together” Gary felt so happy hearing those from her and he wanted to tell her badly that he was being serious and he is not trying to make her laugh but if she is happy he though it is fine.

Then suddenly Ji hyo pouted it was cute but he felt alarmed… did he do something bad?

“Yah Gwang soo! Haha! You betrayers”

“Oh nuna you are still here?”

“Yeah I am, you giraffe why did you betray me again?”

“I’m sorry Ji hyo nuna I didn’t mean it”

“Keke I was not really angry Gwang soo.”

“Ah Ji hyo we just came back because we left something… but why are you and Gary still here?”

Stress!!! Why did they have to come here right now?

“I was just talking to the pd…”

“Eyy… you two are just dating behind our backs…” Haha poked her while teasing her but Ji hyo grabbed his hand and in a swift motion she pinned him on the wall. Gary felt admiration for her strength but he can’t help but be envious because she and Haha both seem really close.

“Ah!! I’m sorry! Please it hurts!!! Gwang soo-yah do something!”

“I’m sorry hyung I am on nuna’s side!” Gary was just watching them having fun and laughing and he was just a middle guy a coward who can’t get close to his love.

Then a large black car arrived and Gary noticed Ji hyo’s face lit up. And he was surprised when she said a quick good bye and she ran to the car and hopped in. he caught a glimpse of a man and he gave Ji hyo a peck on her left cheek.

The three guys were left in amazement all of them just speechless with jaws dropped while they watch the car go, until it totally vanished from their vision.

Ji hyo-yah my heart feels like it is going to stop beating… Ji hyo –yah… why am I so hurt?

Why is it so painful? Why, why?

 

______________________________________________________________________________

 

Gary wanted to ask Ji hyo so badly but he can’t bring himself to call her or even text him. He tried hard to forget what he saw but he can’t he knows well he is just he Monday boyfriend so he has no right to interfere, he wanted so bad to think it was nothing but he can’t deny that gnawing feeling that her Monday girlfriend is dating.

 

_____________________________________________________________________________________

 

Gary was about to tweet something but Gil suddenly opened the door, and gave him a big hug.

“Gil what’s wrong with you…”

“If you don’t want to get hurt don’t open it…”

“Yah you are just making me want to open it more… go away…”

“Gary-hyung… no matter what I love you…”

“Keke I love you too…”

Gary opened his twitter and he was shocked at all the tweets he received.

Monday couple don’t break up

Kang Gary hwaitting!

Song Ji hyo-ssi please don’t hurt Gary oppa

NOOOOOOO!!! Don’t break up with Gary! I love Monday couple!

 

He looked up to Gil in shock and he just nodded at him. He felt weak; he just realized he loves her more than he knew. Even if they aren’t really a couple he felt hurt and betrayed but despite all this, his feelings for her got stronger. He picked up a piece of paper and looked at it, he tried to read the letters but his vision got blurry as his tears dropped, he tried reading it but he can’t see anything.

“My l...love... don’t lea…ve

I am neither the… rich...est nor, the hand...somest…

But my heart… is the  ... purest...

I will... never hurt… you... even if i... get hurt...

A… gun wound… feels nothing…

If I could use my body to shield you from it...

That is not yet how much… I lo...ve… yo...”

“Hyung! Please!”

 Gil tried to get the paper away from him and he patted him on his shoulder.

“Don’t do it any more hyung, it will just hurt more…”

“But I… I was supposed... to confess to her... with this... I was... I did it for her…”

“hyung nim, don’t’ do it anymore… it will be fine” with his friend comforting him, Gary burst into tears he sobbed so hard that he had to lean to Gil, he never knew that he loves her this much, he never thought he fell so deep for her and now the pain is just so unbearable, it was hurting too much, too much for him to handle.

 

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Gary felt weak and he stayed home all day Ji hyo never called him but the other members called him all day, he really doesn’t feel like doing anything so he just ignored all of it. He fell asleep but he felt weird as if someone is beside him, he tried to open his eyes but it was so swollen from crying too much. Then he was alarmed when he felt that he was being raised up. And he realized he is being carried.

Gwang soo dropped his hyung in the garden where they brought some meat to grill and lots of soju. He together with Haha, Gil and Suk Jin thought of this to cheer him up. The others also want to cheer him up but they are busy.

“I love you guys… but you really didn’t need to do all this…”

“Eyy hyung, during this times we should all have a drink…” said Gwang soo who pours him soju whenever his glass is empty.

“Yeah... drink up hyung… and look at this meat it is really delicious…” Haha flipped the meat and gave some to Gary who is tearing up again because he felt so touched and loved by his friends.

“Ay yah! Hyung… tears have no place here okay?” Gil scolded Gary for tearing up again. 

“Tears?! But she loves to sing tears!!!” Gary who is getting drunk wailed and they stuff his mouth with meat just to keep him silent.

“Gary yah just enjoy okay... ah why don’t you call Jae suk-ah?” suggested suk Jin and everyone nodded in agreement…

Gary was getting dizzy and he scrolled down in his phone book… Jae…suk… hyung is J… oh Ji hyo is J too! Ah no… I will only call hyung…

He pressed it without looking and he heard it ring, when the line was connected he immediately spoke.

“Why aren’t you here? I really need you right now, only them came you don’t like me? If you are sorry for me then at least show your face here…oh why are you not answering? Yah hello?” the line went dead and Gil got the phone from him.

“Ay hyung why are speaking informal with jade suk hyung? Here I dialed it speak to him nicely” Gary heard Jae suk’s voice and they talked for a long time. They were already talking for a long time when Gary had an outburst.

“She never looked at me beyond Mondays… I was just Monday boyfriend Gary and she thinks it was just a show but I was really serious Jae suk hyung…. Now that she has a boyfriend I realized that I really loved her more than I knew, I really like her that it hurts even when I shouldn’t be hurt… I never thought I could ever love and hurt like this and the worst part is… even the pain can’t stop me from loving her more…I haven’t even confessed to her…”

Unknown to Gary Ji hyo was standing at the door and she heard everything. She was really surprised because she never thought Gary felt that way to her. She felt embarrassed and sorry so she quietly turned away but Gwang soo called her.

“Oh nuna is here!” everyone turned around to look at her and she thought that Gwang soo is really dead. She turned around and bowed to greet everyone.

Gary thought he was dreaming again but he realized this is real. And he thought she must feel uncomfortable when everyone is staring at her. Gary quickly stood up and ran to Ji hyo, he mustered all his strength to smile at her and she just looked at him blankly. He held out his hand to her but she just looked at him so he gently held her wrist and tugged at her to follow him. Even if the others protested they didn’t stop the two. Gary brought her in the rooftop and he was relieved that no one was there.

“Oppa…”

“Why are you here?”

“You called me… and you said I should come…” Gary was confused then he remembered when he first tried calling Jae suk he must have pressed her number he mentally kicked himself and he was in agony on how to face her.

“Oppa thank you for earlier… I really didn’t know what to do there… you were really cool back there...”

“Ji hyo please don’t confuse me! Did you hear what I said?”

“Yeah… I am sorry…”

“No I am sorry” there was an awkward silence between them. They both looked away unsure of what to do.

“Oppa why haven’t you told me before…”

“I did try so hard but you never took me seriously...'' He looked at her and something feels wrong.

"Wait Ji hyo-yah... Could it be... You... are you telling me I have hope if I told you early?” He can't believe what is happening and he felt really nervous to hear her answer.

“Oppa things could have been different or the same from now, I don’t really know…does that make you feel better?”

Gary smiled he was a fool; she is mong Ji hyo after all how could she have known if he never told her.

“Oppa you once told me about movie endings…”

“Yeah you wanted a happy ending and I want to end with you…”

“Then oppa is this ending?”

Gary was puzzled ending? Why is she asking me that? Ji hyo smiled at him and he fell in love more with her again. Then it hit him.

“Ji hyo yah… are you saying this is not yet the ending?” she shrugged and looked far away.

“No one really knows the ending oppa until we are there and even if we are there already we will never know if that moment is the ending”

“Yah… song Ji hyo… gomawo…” he suddenly hugged her and his pain was replaced with a tiny light of hope. Ji hyo felt weird as Gary hugged her and she smiled at him. Gary looked at Ji hyo and thought it is not yet the ending of their movie.

 

 She said it herself I will work hard for our happy ending Ji hyo –yah and thank you…

 

He loves me and this feeling… am I wavering now? Is this really not yet my happy ending?

 

Gary watched Ji hyo as she went home, with hope and smile in his eyes. No one really knows how movies could end; it could be the ending we were dreaming for, an ending we worked hard for or an ending that fate has dictated as long as we live just never give up.

 

_____________________________________________________________________________________

 

I changed a bit of the plot you gave me I hope you like it fadedmoonlight… do tell me though If you want to change anything XD thank you for being the first one to request from me ^^ you made me break my hiatus lol because I wanted to write about this two ^^