Trugary Show (a request by Fadedmoonlight)

Runningman Oneshot Story Collection (Not Accepting Requests - HIATUS)

 

Gary was on the car on his way to filming, he was curious why the staff told him to come early and alone. Is it my time to be a spy? Or maybe will they give me a mission? Stress!

 

 

Gary arrived in the building and he followed a staff in a room where a Pd is waiting. The moment he saw it he laughed.

“I’m spy today? Has my turn finally come?”

 He felt proud and it shows clearly in his face. The Pd smiled, Gary looked really confident that he will do a good job when everyone knows he is so easy to read.

“Kang Gary-ssi today you are a spy…”

His mission is: Become a spy and take out the rest of the running men if you are not caught in the end the spy wins but if you are discovered in the middle the running men wins.

Gary sighed he was excited to be the spy but he got nervous thinking about his Jong kook and Jae suk hyung.

I have to rip their name tags? Even Jae suk hyung needs water gun! How could I take out Jong kook hyung?

As if the Pd could read his thoughts, he further explained “Today the running men will think there is a guest but there is none so you could use that to your advantage”

“If not for the quick witted hyungs Jaesuk and Jong kook I could take them all out”


“And the rest?” the Pd tried not to laugh at Gary’s expression.

“Of course! Don’t you know how song Ji hyo is obsessed to me right now?”

 

 

But the catch is actually everyone is watching him. Jong kook, Jae suk, Ji hyo, Haha, Suk Jin and Gwang soo came even earlier than him and they were already told that the episode was TruGary show. They all stayed in a room with monitors so they can watch watch Gary.

Jong kook can’t help but laugh when he heard Gary said Ji hyo is obsessed with him.

“Should I mercilessly not let him rip my nametag?” Jong kook blurted because he felt annoyed when he heard Gary say that thankfully others thought he was just joking. He looked at Ji hyo and she was laughing so hard.

Oh she likes it that much? Aissh why do I feel irritable today

All this time he didn’t see Ji hyo was giving him some quick glances.

Another Pd gave them their mission and it reads: “If you can trick Gary until the end of filming when we say cut the running men win, If Gary figures it out during the middle Gary wins.”

They all know that Gary is a spy and but he doesn’t know that they do and they all have to trick him.

 “So he won’t know until he sees the broadcast?” asked Ji hyo she can’t help but laugh hard just thinking about it.

Jong kook noticed that Ji hyo is laughing too much even when Gary is saying something that is not that funny she still laughs.

Meanwhile the Pd is telling Gary that they will have a wrestling match first since it is chuseok. And he asks Gary what is his ideal pairings for the match.

Jae suk teases Haha and Gwang soo that they don’t know what tournament is, and Jong kook quips that Gary might not also know what it is.

“I know what tournament is!”

“Oh daebak he heard you!” said Jae suk, Ji hyo laughed much harder than the rest and Jong kook gave a glance at her direction.

“The Pd said tournament that is why he reacted like that.”

“Yah this man really spoils the fun always” said Jae suk scolding Jong kook.

Jong kook looked weirdly at Jae suk and Jae suk mouthed to him “why are you so sensitive?”

They watched as Gary explains the wrestling match. When he said Monday couple match Jong kook looked at Ji hyo and he caught her face with a weird expression, he smiled. They all strategized on how to trick Gary and Jong kook can’t help but notice that Ji hyo is always laughing.

 

The Pd gave them a small break and Jong kook secretly walked besides her and gave her bottled juice.

“Oh Ji hyo-yah drink this… you are a bit worrisome...”

“Thanks oppa, but why am did you say that?”

“You laugh too much if you are like that you will get caught easily…”

“Kekeke oppa don’t worry Gary oppa will just think I am happy to be with him... I won’t get caught...” Ji hyo beamed at him and he felt his heart skip a beat.

Oh why am I like this? Seems like I really ate something weird? Ah it’s because I think Ji hyo is not focusing on the mission today…

__________________________________________

The first mission was arranged by Gary and they planned it well so they won’t get caught. While doing the opening Gary naturally slid next to Ji hyo, but she won’t look at him for fear of bursting into laughter so she naturally looked at the people on her other side and coincidentally her and Jong kook’s gazes met quite often. Jong kook could see Gary behind her so stiff and he also felt the urge laugh.

This is quite weird even if we are standing beside each other; she won’t even look at me when I speak… why is she so cold to me always, but when the other hyungs talk to her she smiles so widely to them… thought Gary.

Ji hyo could feel that Gary is staring at her but she can’t face him. She knows well she won’t be able to help but laugh at his stiff face. After what felt like a very long and awkward opening they finally went to the first mission.

 

 

They had the wrestling match and they did it secretly according to Gary’s plan. Gary was so nervous so he just kept on looking at Ji hyo, and his heart beats faster anytime they stand side by side even if she doesn’t really look at him.

During her match with suk Jin, two men, Gary and Jong kook, held their breath anticipating Ji hyo’s match. They both felt envious when suk Jin held Ji hyo but they reminded themselves he is Suk Jin hyung, he is like a samchon to Ji hyo. Then Ji hyo attacked with lightning speed and everyone was shocked, with her technique. Even Suk Jin can’t show his face in embarrassment. Jong kook was so surprised and he admired her a lot.

Then the anticipated match of Monday couple came up and Gary felt so happy. He looked at Ji hyo and smiled she was also laughing and he thought his heart would stop beating.

“Ji hyo-yah!” he said while stretching his arm wide open. But Ji hyo, of course just laughed at him.

They did the wrestling position making them closer to each other. Gary felt like hugging her, and he did. Ji hyo laughed hard and the others scolded him. Jae suk told them to start again, but Gary hugged her again, after that Gary looked at his hyungs and he thought Jong kook was glaring so he stopped playing around. They started the match and Gary can’t bring himself to win over Ji hyo whom he likes so much.

Jong kook though can’t help but frown, he thinks it is not really necessary, but he reminded himself it is fan service. So he tried hard to smile, but he felt annoyed because he can see that Ji hyo is happy too…

 

 

 

 

“Gary-yah if you don’t finish her, Jong kook will…” said Jae suk

“Gary-yah it would be better to win now… than let her face this…”

“Yah! Why are you treating me like this?” Jong kook raises his hand to hit someone, and then he realizes there are a lot of people watching so he just smiled.

“Hyung? Jong kook hyung! It would be really sad to see her go against you!” Gwang soo shouted annoying Jong kook since he knows he will tolerate it.

“Yah… Gwang soo-yah enough okay?!” he said through gritted teeth.

Meanwhile Gary is just holding Ji hyo and he thought I won’t let hyung hurt her…

So even against his will he tried his best to knock Ji hyo gently. And they rolled in the mat. Jong kook frowned and thought Gary was too rough, but he realized he is acting weird so he immediately smiled.

 

Gary thought it was the best chuseok ever, he got to hug Ji hyo and he get to be a spy. He gulped hard though when he saw Jong kook clenching his fist.

Gary and Jong kook’s match started and everyone knows the outcome already. Jong kook can’t help but grin, no one can beat him when it comes to strength and he knows it. But then Ji hyo started cheering for Gary, and soon people followed. Jong kook thought why no one is cheering for him.

“Go easy on him Jong kook oppa.” Said Ji hyo and she cheered even louder for Gary.

Go easy? Why is he so important to you, why do you keep cheering him on? I can’t let him win everything even if he wins your heart I won’t give him this match… Jong kook thought.

I know I won’t win this but I have to show her that I am strong too… even if I can’t win against hyung but I can’t let her down who cheers for me… thought Gary.

I’m sorry oppa for tricking you; I will at least cheer for you to make you feel better… thought Ji hyo.

He doesn’t have a chance… thought everyone.

As expected Jong kook won even so Gary was happy because Ji hyo cheered him on, even patting him on his back.

“Charaso Gary oppa kekeke…”

What about me? i won!....

________________________________________________________

 

They all entered inside the mall which is their final location. Everyone was amazed at its vastness and they felt really excited and happy to be in the mall since it is one of the simple things they can’t enjoy as celebrities.

“Whoah! I want to walk around!”

“I will walk with you mong Ji!”

Everyone eyys! But Jong kook says it the loudest.

Inside they all gathered and the pds gave them a mission. All of them know it is fake but Gary doesn’t have a clue. Find all the puzzle pieces and they will succeed the mission and Gary has to take them all out before they figure out that he is a spy and the puzzle is the clue. But of course that is what Gary thought will really happen.

Gary noticed that Jong kook is moving around so he stood between him and Ji hyo. Gary can’t focus much though with what the others are saying since he so pressured and nervous that he will get caught.

Ji hyo felt like laughing though so when the Pd finished talking she immediately walked away from Gary and when he was not around she laughed so hard that she almost rolled on the floor.

“Ah I really think I’ll die laughing… but why am I alone?” she started to wander around pretending to do the mission.

 

 

The others separated so Gary won’t suspect anything Jong kook wanted to go together with the ace but the others ushered him away. He realized he likes working with her that she is smart and fun to be with but of course they can’t be always together. I only like to work with her because she is the ace and we could always win…he thought trying not to think of her.

 

 

Oh where is Ji hyo even if I have a mission I want to spend some time with her... we rarely meet outside filming, and I feel like she is avoiding me… could it be… that she knows I am the spy? Eyy... it can’t be or else everyone would have run after me already…

While Gary walks around trying not to be suspicious the others call to him making him stutter and he mentally kicked himself for being obvious.

“Oh Gary-yah did you see anything?”

“Ah… err nothing Jae suk hyung! Ah there was someone but it was only a VJ”

“Really? It was not a guest?"

“I don’t know hyung! I’ll search no one is there!” Jae suk tries hard not to laugh hard when he saw Gary can’t even look at him.

 

 

“Oh Haha did you see Gary’s expression? It was so funny!” Haha and Jaesuk then both clutch their stomachs that are already aching from laughing too much.”

“Right hyung, he even stutters and what lame excuses he has…kekekeke!”

 

 

 Awkward Gary meanwhile can’t do anything and he thought it was still early in the game so he looked for Ji hyo, then he realized he could reach her via their walkie talkies.

“Ji hyo yah where are you? I miss you!” but of course everyone could hear it so Jong kook felt annoyed and he shouted

 “Gary you need me?”

“No hyung stay there I want Ji hyo” Gary continued to look for her and he wondered why she didn’t answer, but actually Ji hyo was laughing and she can’t talk to him without bursting so she ignored him.

 

 

“Eyy hyung why did you say that to Gary hyung a while ago?  You know they are the Monday couple”

“Oh Dong hoon-ah I only did it because Ji hyo can’t help but laugh at Gary, so I answered instead of her…”

“Eyy hyung you are weird… anyway I’ll go over there.” Haha left Jong kook scratching his head.

 

 

Haha sees a Han hyo joo poster and he kisses his hand then he presses it to her lips... it was obvious though that he just can’t reach that is why he did that instead of kissing the poster himself.

“Hyo job-yah! Will you be my last love?!”

“Yah!” Haha was suddenly smacked in the head by Ji hyo.

“You always say that to everyone!”

“you don’t care!” Ji hyo leaves him and he wanders around then he sees Pororo’s world. Inside he accidentally finds a puzzle piece. Then one by one the others also find the other piece so it made Gary panics. The running men felt him stressed up so they send Gwang soo to him and Gary eliminates him in no time. Gary grins and he felt proud of himself.

“Gwang soo-yah I am a spy! You never suspected right?” he waved goodbye to Gwang soo and Gwang soo would have already busted laughing if not for the guards covering his mouth. It was announced in the speaker that Gwang soo is out and everyone laughs hard.

 

 Jaesuk finds Ji hyo and Jong kook talking together, and then Gary also joins them.

“What happened to Gwang soo?” Jae suk asked, but Gary avoided his gaze. Ji hyo turned away from Gary and smiled then Jong kook just looked at Gary acting surprised.

No one suspects me… but why is Ji hyo and Jong kook hyung always together? Stress! It will just confuse me… Gary thought and since Jae suk was there he left for fear that they would know. When he left Ji hyo Jong kook and Jaesuk laughed as they talk on how weird Gary acted.

 

Gary walks back to them so he could be with Ji hyo.

“Ji hyo-yah you look ugly today!”

Ji hyo can’t help but laugh at Gary’s absurdity... jong kook though unconciuosly frowns

She still looks good today... Gary must have been really stressed thought Jong kook.

 

 

Gary sees Suk Jin and he follows him then he pretends to do something else then when suk Jin showed his back, Gary took his nametag and he almost laughs but the security was quick to cover his mouth and Gary’s confidence boosts.

Ji hyo hears suk Jin out while lying down and she laughs quietly, Gary oppa is so funny!

Jaesuk and Jong kook crossed path with Gary then Jong kook asked Gary and he answered someone was running but he thought it was just some VJ.

Ji hyo was approaching and she heard their exchange and she almost bursts out laughing.

Jong kook walks away from Gary and Ji hyo naturally follows, this made him happy but he can’t explain why. Gary was confused though. Ji hyo surely is avoiding me, and why does she hang around Jong kook hyung too much?

Gary decided not to mind them, he has a mission and he thought it was better anyway because he couldn’t lie to Ji hyo so it is better not to be with her.

 

 

Jong kook oppa it was so funny I don’t think I can go near Gary oppa kekeke”

“Then you better stick to me, I mean to us, Ji hyo-yah”

“Yeah oppa! Kekekeke”

“Ji hyo you are doing good anyway, you are really a good actress… if only you don’t laugh much keke”  without thinking he raised his arm as if to hug her but he caught himself though and gave her a pat instead but it was weird patting her with his whole arms raised.. She looks cute when she is dying of laughter…

 

 

Then Gary takes out Jaesuk he put on a good act and he felt stressed seeing how smug Gary is, and then dies laughing.

“Really that face of him, he thought he was so good it was annoying!” blurted Jaesuk when Gary was gone.

 

Jae suk out! was announced then both Ji hyo and Jong kook hides behind a post and laughs then but then Jong kook realized her face is just inches from him so he turned away as he felt his face get hot, Ji hyo though was just laughing away and did not sense his awkwardness.

 

 

Gary felt stronger after eliminating Jae suk so he also lures Haha then takes him out. Haha also felt so annoyed when he saw how Gary is so proud.

“he really thinks he did it alone… aissh I can’t wait to see him when this airs.” Said Haha.

 

Meanwhile, the three survivors gather.

“Gary-yah what happened to Dong hoon-ah? I thought you went together?”

“I don’t know hyung!” Ji hyo then just looks away unable to face Gary with a straight face.

“But you said you were with him? Why can’t we see the guests?”

“Ay I don’t know hyung! I told you I only saw the VJs running around.”

“Really? But then why are you shouting?”

“Sorry hyung but please, I’m stressed.”

Gary runs away afraid that he will just shout that he is the spy because he felt so tired and pressured. Then without Gary Ji hyo falls laughing on the floor.

“Ji hyo-yah stand up kekekeke”

“Oppa Gary said… he got angry at you kekekeke he was so awkward… I thought he would just reveal that he is the spy kekekeke”

Jong kook wipes away his tears he was tearing up already because of laughing too much. That face of Gary’s is really funny but Ji hyo’s laughter is actually funnier I can’t believe she rolls on the floor everytime… ah really…

“Ah Ji hyo-yah it’s time for you to be eliminated though…”

“Yeah, I know oppa, kekekeke”

“Yah make sure you don’t get caught”

“Yeah! I’ll do my best.”

Ji hyo and Jong kook approached Gary, but Ji hyo have to turn around everytime to hide her laughter.

“Gary-yah did you see anything?”

“Nothing hyung…”

“That is weird, how did they get eliminated? Isn’t Dong hoon with you? Gwang soo too was with you when he was eliminated.”

“I don’t know hyung we were together but they went away and left me.” It was so obvious though that he is lying so Ji hyo have to look away again.

“Ah hyung Ji hyo is strange!”

Uh-oh Ji hyo-yah stop laughing or else Gary will suspect us! Jong kook hopes Ji hyo would sense his thoughts and straighten up. He moves closer to her and he pinches Ji hyo to stop her from laughing.

What will I do now? I need to take out Ji hyo-yah, but she might get angry I don’t like it when she is angry to me… but I have to… because I am the spy! But something is really weird she laughs so much when she is with that hyung… Gary felt a little envious of Jong kook because he noticed Ji hyo and him are always together.

 

Gary walks around and calls Ji hyo.

“Ji hyo-yah, please come to oppa! Let us play I want screen time with you kekekeke…”

“Gary-yah! What are you doing?”

“Ah hyung don’t disturb us!” Jong kook just laughs but he actually felt embarrassed. Ji hyo went to Gary and they pretend to play around. They saw a display of camping equipments, its setup was like the real thing so they pretended to play house. Jong kook just watched them from a distance.

“Ji hyo-yah want to go camping?”

“Okay oppa what do you want to do?”

“I want to have screen time with you”

“Pfft… oppa then want to eat?” Ji hyo offers a plastic meat used in the display to Gary. He blushes and pretends to eat.

“You like me this much Ji hyo? Don’t feed other guys you hear? Kekekeke”

Ji hyo just laughs at innocent Gary. Jong kook was watching them but he felt as if he can’t watch anymore so he went away. While walking though he finds another puzzle piece and he uses it to distract the two who are so lovey dovey. He runs to them shouting and Gary panics, Ji hyo pretends to be excited.

“Jong kook oppa you found it?”

“Yeah I found another puzzle piece.”

While the two are busy chatting Gary was trying to think on how to eliminate them.

I really want to play more with Ji hyo-yah but I have to be a spy now. Even if it hurts me I have to do it.

Ji hyo knows it is her time to be eliminated so she holds Gary’s hand and leads him away from Jong kook. Jong kook knows it is just to trick Gary but he felt annoyed that she even holds his hands.

 

 

“Gary oppa I am really tired…”

“Really? Then sit down first…” I’m really sorry Ji hyo-yah, I’ll let you rest in jail now… he pulls up a chair for her but she seats on another one.

“Ah why are you seating there? I pulled this for you!”

“Ah sorry oppa...keke” ji hyo slowly seats down to the chair Gary offered her, but as she was seating down, Gary suddenly rips of her nametag and he even covers up .

“I am really sorry Ji hyo-yah, I really like you but today I am an industrial spy! You never thought I will be a spy right?”

Ji hyo acted surprised but dies laughing right after Gary left.

 

 

Jong kook finds Gary and asks where Ji hyo is but he already knows that she must have been already eliminated.

“I don’t know where she went… maybe she looked for you.”

“Yah Gary it is really dangerous now, stay with me and let us look for her…” rip it Gary!

Jong kook showed Gary his back but Gary is hesitating so Jong kook pretended to call Ji hyo on the talkies and then Gary finally rips his nametag.

“Yah! You… you are a spy?” he acted really surprised and Gary was jumping with joy.

“Hold him! Hyung I am really sorry! Yes I am a spy! Look at this puzzle everyone would know this is me! How come you never realized it? hahahahaha I won!”

Jong kook was really annoyed he really wanted to tell Gary it was all a big trickery, but they have to win.

 

 

Everyone in prison waits for Gary and they all acted as if he was a really good spy that they didn’t suspect him, but actually they were just trying hard not to laugh. Jong kook though is getting annoyed with Gary’s smugness and the way he always sticks to Ji hyo.

“Okay cut!” Gary lefts and everyone receives a bigger prize than Gary, they felt happy but sorry that they tricked him.

While everyone prepares to go home Jong kook walks over to Ji hyo.

“Yah Ji hyo-yah, you want to go out and eat… with me?” he asks shyly.

Ji hyo smiles.

“Sure oppa…” 

and Jong kook finally grins.

 

___________________________________________

Sorry for the late update I was supposed to post this earlier but something came up… anyway Faded moonlight I am sorry if this is boring… I based it too much on ep 60 and it looks like a recap plus their thoughts haha sorry I don’t think this is good but it’s my first time to write about an ep so if you want to change anything just tell me ^___________^

Ps. I know you are a Monday couple fan but this became more Spartace.. so tell me if you don’t like it hehehe XD

Ep 60 ending still makes me wonder if gary knew.. I think he did but he realized it late and chose not to say anything because he really thought he just have to out them. Hahaha I really want to ask gary >.<  …

-added some screenshots.. i don't know if i did it properly though haha and i really want to credit isubs for the wonderful subs and video they provides.