Sa Isang Sulyap Mo - One Glance Of Yours

Runningman Oneshot Story Collection (Not Accepting Requests - HIATUS)

MC Couple song fic based on this -

Sa Isang Sulyap Mo - 1:43 -band

Sa isang Sulyap Mo - Bryan Termulo -solo

both renditions are awesome try listening to it after the angsty part ^^


 

Gary drank another shot of soju. His vision is already blurring and his head is aching. It had been three, or four days, he doesn’t know already. Gil lay sprawling on the floor. He is grimacing in his sleep, talking about things that Gary doesn’t want to hear. He felt scared to close his eyes. He knows he’ll be like Gil, seeing nightmares as soon as he closes his eyes. His phone kept on vibrating beside him, but he ignored it. He tried to count the bottles scattered in the floor 1, 2, 3, 5, 6, 9… then slowly he felt like the world is spiraling onto him, consuming him. He tried to stand, only to fail and land painfully on his side. He can feel the tears starting to flow, but he can’t. He promised not to cry. The darkness is nearing, he wanted to run. He had to stand up. He can’t just give up. Disband! Liars! They are doing it for money! “Stop! Enough! You are all wrong!” the voices ceased but the silence is not too comforting either. He shook his head and blinked his eyes. In his drunken stupor, he tried to stand. He walked away from the dark, tripped from something on the floor, probably a bottle or Gil’s feet. He found himself lying on the floor, there is pain somewhere. He raised his hand to find it coated with warm crimson liquid. He smiled. Then cried, he lost it already and he accepted the darkness. Finally, he surrendered. There is no point in resisting anymore.

 

OPPA!

 

Go away… I don’t want to come back…

 

OPPA!

 

No more. I am tired...

 

OPPA!

 

 

Gary was running again. He was in a corridor. The walls are all white but it is suffocating him. He ran away. He can feel someone chasing him but only his footsteps echoes loudly at the endless corridor. He tried to find the exit but the walls are unending. He saw a familiar figure, and he ran towards it. “Hyung! Jong kook hyung!” he shouted at the top of his lungs but the older man didn’t give any indication of hearing him. He is now closer, and he realized Jong kook wasn’t alone. “Ji hyo-yah!” he can feel a faint relief spreading through him seeing the two people in front of him. He wondered why the corridor goes on forever. He looked back and there is no one on his tail. When he faced his hyung and Ji hyo, the others had already joined them. All six of his family stood there, their backs on him. He called them one by one but no one turned around. He shouted until he felt like his throat is going to rip apart. No one turned back and he stopped running. They don’t need me…if I leave, they won’t care, he felt so weak and they are further away. His legs can’t support him anymore and he collapsed on the cold floor. He looked at his faint reflection on the shiny floor, and soon the reflection got blurry as his tears pooled on the spot. “Oppa…” he looked up to that familiar voice, expecting to see her. “Oppa!” the word echoed. He knows it is Ji hyo but he can’t see her. “Oppa wake up!”

 

Gary opened his eyes. He squinted at the harsh light beaming at him. His head hurts as if he was just run over by a train. He wondered where he is, and it registered to him that he is in his bed in his room. “Oppa! Finally you woke up, I was so worried you idiot.” Gary adjusted his eyes to the lights. He turned to his side and finally saw where the ‘oppas’ came from. “J-Ji hyo-yah…” he suddenly sat up not caring anymore about the loud protests of his aching muscles and pounding head. He grabbed her tight making sure she is really there. “You idiot! I called you the whole day yesterday. How can you just say you are leaving? You idiot!”

“I am sorry. I didn’t know you’d be this worried.”

“Why are you so stupid? You know that I – of course I am worried you dolt.” Ji hyo gave him a hit on his head. “Stress!” Gary tried to smile, but instead he winced. His hand felt like it was burning then he saw that it was covered in bandage. A faint spot of blood is visible on the cloth and he wondered how he got it.

“You got hurt last night. I kept on calling you but you only ran away. I tried to calm you down but you fell on the bottles. Thank god only your hand was injured. What will you do if your head got stabbed with the shards? Please don’t do anything like this anymore oppa.”

“But you are the one who drinks a lot Ji hyo-yah.”

“Me? I drink but not 12 bottles by myself! Seriously I am really mad at you.”

 

 Gary lovingly glanced at Ji hyo. She is still nagging like a wife would. The past few days had been too tiring and frustrating. He even thought Leesang would have to disband and he and Gil decided to leave their shows. Everyone was shocked at their decision. They all tried to talk them out of quitting, but it had been too tough. Ji hyo glared at him and then walked out of the room. Gary grabbed his pillow to lie down, hoping that it would ease the dizziness he feels. There was a faint scent of Ji hyo in his pillow. He blushed furiously as he imagined Ji hyo watching him in his sleep and the probability that she also slept there right with him. Gary got off his bed and rushed to the toilet to make himself presentable.

 

Gary warily went out of his room. The apartment looked cleaner. All the soju bottles disappeared and there was no sign of Gil. The thought of him and Ji hyo alone in his apartment made him flustered. He walked in to her in the kitchen. She was wearing his apron and cooking something in the stove. Gary caught his breathe. They feel like husband and wife. Ji hyo glanced at him and smiled making his heart pound madly. He had already forgotten how bad his situation is as he drinks in the site of Ji hyo cooking him breakfast. For a moment the concert, the harsh critics, the painful denials, it was suddenly gone. They all vanished in a glance. “Oppa, are you feeling better now? I’ll be done in a minute so take a seat.”

“N-neh…” he didn’t realize he was standing there gawking at the woman cooking in his kitchen. He quickly grabbed a chair and managed to sit without falling.

 

 Why is it that when you glance at me I melt,

Bakit kapag tumitingin ka natutunaw ako,

When you come closer my heart pounds

Bakit kapag lumalapit ka kumakabog ang puso ko

When you are here my day becomes happier

Bakit kapag nandito ka sumasaya araw ko

It seems that nothing in this world is chaotic anymore

Lahat ng bagay sa mundo parang walang gulo

 

Ji hyo served some eggs and stir-fried vegetable in front of him. She also made some soup and rice. “Eat oppa. Make sure you finish everything.”

“Aigoo, are you trying to kill me with indigestion? Come here and eat with me.” Ji hyo sat opposite him and Gary can’t help but just stare at her. The small table made them sit closer with their knees almost touching. Sending sensations that made the butterflies in his stomach dance wildly. “Yah oppa! Why are you not eating?”

“I am full already… just one glance and a smile I am full already.”

“Yah! Are you going to eat or die?”

“I’m sorry! I’ll eat now. See I am eating. Ah! Ah! It’s hot!” Ji hyo quickly went to the kitchen and got a glass of water for Gary. “Here drink! And be careful.”

“Thanks.” They fell silent as Gary tried focus on his food. He can feel Ji hyo’s eyes on him. He can almost feel her curiosity. “Ji hyo-yah, I know you want to ask. It’s fine… I’ll talk to you.”

“Oppa, I know this past few days had been hard for you and Gil but can you please reconsider? I hate seeing you like this.” Gary can feel genuine concern from the younger woman. He just wanted to say yes right away but he refrained from talking. It was a big decision and he needs a lot of time to reconsider it. “I’ll talk to Gil. Don’t wear yourself out worrying for me.”

“Oppa, make sure you stay… Mondays are just not the same without seeing you.”

“Yah, there’s only us here and you’re saying those things… what am I going to do with you? Aigoo, Miss Mong.” She chuckled and Gary thought it was the best music he had ever heard. The chuckles made him feel like he was being rocked on clouds. He smiled and sank into the delicious breakfast especially prepared for him.

 

 

Why is it that when I see you I feel like I’m in the clouds

Bakit kapag nakikita ka parang nasa ulap ako

Why do I stutter when I talk to you

Bakit kapag kausap kita nauutal-utal sayo

Why do I become crazy when you are here

Bakit kapag nandito ka nababaliw ako

My heart is going crazy with happiness

Nababaliw sa tuwa ang puso ko

 

____________________

 


“Oppa, I know you are tired. Today I want you to just relax. Okay?” Gary just nodded. Ji hyo brought him in Haundae beach after breakfast and they are now walking in the sandy coast. Gary was thankful that there were no soul in sight. He watched Ji hyo walk in front of her. She is walking with a small bounce that makes her look like she was ten. The weather is warm and it was tempting to splurge in the inviting sea. “Oppa! Take off your shoes! I told you to wear shorts… you really don’t listen to me.” Gary only laughed then bowed down to take of his shoes. He rolled his pants, which Ji hyo didn’t fail to laugh at. “Kekeke! Oppa! Are you on a beach or are you going to the rice fields?”

“Yah Mong Ji! You should have told me before we left that we are going here.” he ran to the waves and cupped some seawater with his uninjured hand then splashed it to her. “Yah! Sincha! You Kang Hee Gun!” Hee Gun… even my name sounds so good when it’s her saying it. Soon the two are wet, their sides hurting from laughing too much. They made a sand castle that resembles more a mountain than a castle.

 

Side by side, the two lay down on the sand. They both stared at the clouds, idly pointing out some silly shapes. Gary turned his head to her direction. Watching her gleeful reaction at a cloud, which she claims, is shaped like ice cream. Ji hyo must have felt his gaze on her and she turned her head towards him. For a while, the two only looked at each other’s eyes, with a grin on their faces. It was silent, with only the waves making a sound. Gary felt like he was alive again. The world is suddenly brighter and more beautiful. It was as if his problems were gone. He let his hand wander until he was holding her hand. She didn’t push him away, but instead she intertwined her fingers with his.
 

With one glance of yours I am imprisoned, as if everything is a miracle

Sa isang sulyap mo ay nabihag ako, para bang himala ang lahat ng ito,

With one glance of yours I am smitten, my heart is wrapped with hope

Sa isang sulyap mo nabighani ako, nabalot ng pag-asa ang puso,

With one glance of yours I learned the truth, it’s so nice to be alive, full of colors

Sa isang sulyap mo nalaman ang totoo, ang sarap mabuhay punung-puno ng kulay,

With just one glance of yours I am already fine, with one glance, I fell in love

Sa isang sulyap mo ayos na ako, sa isang sulyap mo, napa-ibig ako


 

Why is it that when I am with you my world changes

Bakit kapag kasama kita ang mundo ko'y nag-iiba

Why does my heart becomes alive when we are together

Bakit kapag kapiling kita ang puso ko'y sumusigla

Why is it that when you are here my problems fade

Bakit kapag nandito ka problema ko'y nabubura

You are my hope and my only happiness

Ikaw ang aking pag-asa at ang tanging ligaya

 

“Oppa… are you going to stay?”

“Mmmm.”

“You are not leaving right?”

“Mmmm”

“Kang Hee gun…”

“I am wondering why this beach is so empty…”

“Does it matter?”

“I am curious –”

“I asked help so we have the place for ourselves… I thought going out can make you happy.”

“I am happy if I am with you.”

“Answer me! Are you still leaving?”

“Yah, is this answer not enough?” he raised their clasped hands making Ji hyo giggle. She sat up and for a while, Gary got worried and he sat up too to face her. “I am not leaving. I’ll tell Gil. Happy now?” she wasn’t looking at him but her hand is still in his. Suddenly Gary pulled her gently to him. Ji hyo let out a little yelp but smiled when he realized what Gary is trying to do. She let go of his hand so he could support her back as he lowered her to the sand. “I am not going anywhere Chun Seung Im…”

“I know Kang Hee Gun. You can’t leave me… araso?” 

"Of course Chun Seung Im... I am always here. I won't leave you."

 


With one glance of yours, I am already fine

Sa isang sulyap mo, ayos na ako       

With one glance of yours, I fell in love…

Sa isang sulyap mo, napa-ibig ako...

 

 


 

The song I used is a Filipino song titled Sa Isang Sulyap Mo (One Glance Of Yours) by band 1:43

There is another version by Bryan Termulo which is also as good as the band 

Translations are mine and it is not exact because some words are weird in English.

See mom I also listen to OPM I am not purely Kpop hahaha I don’t know if I did justice to the translation but I can’t make the words rhyme with each other in English, so I am sorry if you understand Tagalog. It’s a really nice song, I hope you guys enjoy it ^^

This fanfic is for my dongsaeng Celine who always makes me spazz about MC. And also HAPPY BIRTHDAY KANG HEE GUN! But I’m still a Spartace loyalist don’t ever doubt that XD