Secret Couple

Runningman Oneshot Story Collection (Not Accepting Requests - HIATUS)

 

Dong hoon eyed the empty chair in front of the woman that has caught his attention. There weren’t many people around since the Inkigayo recording already finished almost an hour ago. He wanted to dash in front of her and just casually asks her number or maybe invite her for a drink but she is unlike all the females he had ever met. She has a certain grace and dignity despite her image with her past projects.

They were together on stage earlier. Him as the performer and her as the MC. Afar she looked so beautiful but when he came closer to her, she was even more stunning. The only problem is her height. The woman is almost taller than he is, but Dong hoon knows he can’t let the chance fly or he’ll regret it forever. With a deep breath, he marched forward to her. Smoothly, he sat down on the empty chair in front of her. She was drinking fruit juice. He gauged her reaction and when she showed no sign of annoyance, he went on with his plan. “Oh, anyeonghaseyo. You are Song Ji hyo-ssi right?” she didn’t speak but gave him a little nod.  Dong hoon felt like he was an idiot but he can’t stop there, not when she is still paying attention to him. “Ah, I was looking for Heechul. Have you seen him?”

“No, he said he’ll be right there that’s why I am here waiting.” Dong hoon almost pumped his fist in the air. It was perfect now he could go on with his plan. “Can I give you my number? I need to speak to him. Maybe you can give me a call when he comes.”

“Why don’t you just call him up? I can give you his number.”

“Miss Song, we are friends but that kid is hiding from me. He thinks it’s a funny joke. He won’t even answer my calls.” She raised her brows and Dong hoon averted his gaze. She was almost seeing through him. When she finally spoke, her voice is cold. “Are you hitting on me Haha-ssi?” Dong hoon almost fell from his seat. The pretty MC is very straightforward. He debated with himself if he should be honest or if he should weave another excuse. “Actually, even before today I –”

“I’m sorry Haha-ssi. I have no interest or whatsoever in you. You are not my type. Excuse me… Heechul is here.” Dong hoon can only laugh. Suddenly the woman is no longer pretty in his eyes. She was suddenly an annoying, expressionless and unfeeling whatever to him. “Are you two dating?”

“Whether we are dating or not, it’s none of your business ajusshi. I have to go.” Ajusshi? This woman! I swear next time you’ll be the one asking for my number.

 

_____________________

 

“Come out! Be my last love!” Dong hoon laughed. He was enjoying his new role. He also gets embarrassed sometimes of being too forward but he is getting used to his ‘playboy-kiddie’ image. If it is he, acting like that around women, it can be forgiven. It was the perfect image for him. Well there is one person who is immune to my playboy image… the thought of that one girl who coolly rejected him a year ago made him suddenly annoyed. He calmed himself down, he is filming after all. The Running Man Pd already told them there are female guests today and he needs to focus on that. The first guest he saw was Hara and Dong hoon felt like he hit the jackpot. He happily welcomed Hara despite the fake disapproval of his hyungs, of course, it’s just a show and it’s funny.

“There is one more guest!” Dong hoon was surprised. He was busy proposing to Hara. “Sincha? Hara-ssi, I am sorry but we can’t be together. We are just not meant to be. Yah whoever you are, be my last love!” Hara only laughed with embarrassment as the playboy suddenly left her. Dong hoon turned around to Hara and mouthed a silent sorry, and then faced the other guest. “Be my last love –” it’s her! That woman is here! The other members went crazy over the two female guests. For a while, Dong hoon was speechless. He willed his brain to say something, but events from that night years ago came rushing to him in vivid imaginary. He was again transported in the Inkigayo set, her words echoing in his mind while his heart pounds for a wrong reason. She is even prettier, no… but, aissh sincha what’s this!

Dong hoon pretended that everything was all fine. He was always careful not to be too close to Ji hyo. She didn’t give any indication or even a hint that she remembers that incident. Dong hoon fumed, the woman is getting on his nerves. She was still unreadable as ever and it’s irking him. The other members adored her and she was competitive but that pretty face won’t fool Dong hoon. For him she is still that cold snobbish woman who called him an ajusshi.

 

“Oh Dong hoon-ah, where are you going?”

“I’m off to the bar Jong kook hyung. I really need a drink now to calm my nerves.”

“Yah, I know you will just hit on women in clubs. We have a gathering today… there’s something to celebrate.”

“What is it?”

“We got a new member… a new female member. All the cast wanted to eat out with her but we won’t be going with the crew, just us. Jae suk hyung's treat.” Dong hoon suddenly felt like he already knows who it is and he is not liking his guess. Oh god, please anyone but that woman! “Hyung, who?”

“Song Ji hyo-ssi – yah Dong hoon-ah, are you sick? You look so pale…” Dong hoon only stared at Jong kook in disbelief. He doesn’t know if his hyung is joking with him or what. “Hyung… you love me right?” the older guy only looked at him quizzically. Dong hoon knows he is asking for the impossible, but it’s his only chance.

 

Song Joong ki, Kang Gary, Yoo Jae suk, Ji Suk Jin, Kim Jong kook, Lee Gwang soo sat on the circular table just staring at each other. Except the two same-age maknaes, the older ones where already quite close since they often meet each other on the variety world. “Dong hoon-ah, are you sure this is a good way to welcome her?”

“Neh, of course Jae suk hyung. We should give her all our attention so no cell phones during dinner.” Of course, she would be pissed off but as if I care… the other members thought it would be funny so they didn’t say another word. As Dong hoon planned, all of them gave up their phones. Ji hyo doesn’t know where they are since she had to go somewhere before the gathering. As a welcome, they had sent her a clue and an obscured map. She is to find her own way to them like a Running Man mission. Dong hoon explained that it is like a christening and the others thought it was a fun idea. What Dong hoon actually planned is to make the girl lost so she would call the other members to ask and since he has their phones, he is planning not to answer her call unless she is calling his phone. I told you, next time you’ll be the one who’ll ask for my number. He chuckled. He knows the clue Gary sent her is very hard to understand. Joong ki’s phone vibrated, she is calling and Dong hoon gloated. It’s working! Now he is waiting for her to call him because he will make sure the others won’t ever answer her calls. Dong hoon imagined that Ji hyo is now asking around for his number. There could even be articles saying that she is interested on him. Dong hoon grinned. He wasn’t paying attention to others who are talking. He is just focused on the phones.

“Oh, Miss Song!” Dong hoon almost jumped at the mention of her name. He turned to his back and sure enough, she was there, standing straight. Still pretty and cool as ever. “Wow, Ji Hyo-yah… you finally manage to decipher that awful map that Gary sent you?”

“I didn’t use the map Jae suk oppa. One of the staff texted me that you were waiting here. I tried calling Joong ki and Suk Jin oppa but no one is answering.”

“Noona, Dong hoon hyung was playing a game to welcome you, so we don’t have our phones.” said Joong ki as he shyly smiled at Ji hyo. “Is that so? Thanks for the little game then.” Ji hyo didn’t even throw him a glance and she only talked to the others. Dong hoon looked at the flower boy and Ji hyo exchange some meaningful glances. They obviously like each other or his eyes are tricking him? He still can’t believe his plan failed just because of a staff and he thought they were all cast, no staff in. No one noticed his silence as they all fussed over the new member. Even his uri hyung who is always running away from women doesn’t look too uncomfortable when Ji hyo sat on the empty chair beside him. They were all having a good time while he was fuming. It was as if he couldn’t ever win over her.

The members slowly got drunk except Jong kook who didn’t touch a single drop no matter how hard they chided him. Dong hoon grinned as Ji hyo downed another shot, the woman can really drink. Dong hoon thought she would make a nice drinking buddy. Hell why would I want to drink with her? Suddenly she was looking at him straight in the eye. He flinched but straightened up. He became suddenly conscious of her open scrutinizing. Joong ki dropped to his seat, good thing the place have comfortable recliners so the boy were able to sleep while the older ones continued getting drunk.

“Ji Hyo-ssi… among us here, who is your ideal man?” Dong hoon asked. He was probably drunk already and he might regret this later but he can’t keep quiet anymore. “Ideal type? Hmmm… it surely is not you Haha-ssi.” The other’s who are sober enough cheered. They know bickering when it happens. “Yah, are you saying I am unlikeable?”

“No I am not, you said it.”

“Yah!”

“I don’t like playboys. I want someone taller and man enough to protect me.”

“Wow Ji hyo-yah. You’re really cool… seems like Mr. Playboy got his match.” Said Jae suk in admiration to her.  “Am I not a man?”Dong hoon can only laugh in disbelief. “Yah, you think you’re so pretty?”

“Why? Are you making me say that you are my ideal man? You’re out of your mind.” Dong hoon had thought of a retort but Jong kook hit his head. “Yah, nae dongsaeng, why are you like this to Ji hyo-ssi? We are going to work together from now on so you two better get along.”

“That’s right Dong hoon-ah… maybe you two should go and talk it out.” advised Suk Jin and ushered the two to the balcony. It has a romantic atmosphere with its soft lighting and roses planted around. There is a table set there and the two hesitantly sat. When the others had made sure they were comfortable and won’t grab each other’s throats they left.

“Why are you so hot tempered around me, Haha-ssi?”

“Did you already forget what you did to me?”

“It is not an excuse on how you treated me. I know you wanted to make things hard for me. I knew you really planned for that welcome mission. You are so childish.”

“Neh! I am a child and I don’t really like you.” Dong hoon crossed his arms and refused to look at her. She sighed as if she was talking to a difficult kid and it only made Dong hoon more annoyed. The truth is he knows he was being unreasonable but once he started, he can’t stop already. “I was really annoyed with you. I hate childish men. If I refused you before why can’t you just move on?” neh… I wonder about that too. Why can’t I move on? Dong hoon fell silent and Ji hyo noticed it. She suppressed a smile as finally, the man is getting some sense. “From now on we are going to work together Haha oppa… I’m sorry for calling you an ajusshi before. I was in a bad mood that day... you were just unlucky.”

“O-oppa?”

“Neh… oppa. Unless you want me to call you an ajusshi.”

“No! No I like it a lot. I’m sorry too for my childishness.” Dong hoon finally grinned. The oppa really did the trick. How can he resist the woman in front of her when she looks even prettier the longer he lays his eyes on her? “Now Ji hyo-yah… I’ll call you Ji hyo-yah okay. Can I have your number?”

“Are you making a pass on me again?”

“We are colleagues now… why are you hoping I would hit on you?” she only shrugged. A faint smile showing on her lips. “Yah Ji hyo-yah are you smiling? Do you really want me to hit on you? I can’t do anything about my height unless insoles are acceptable and you wear flats, and I can be man enough to protect you. ”

She only gives him a meaningful smile and a shrug. Ha Dong hoon finally can’t keep the large grin from spreading on his face. Running man just got even more exciting, with infinite possibilities.

 


This is for all those who requested for a Hahyo fic... if you are one of those people who asked for this I'd really appreciate a comment or a word from you guys. Thanks.

No one gave me a plot and this is what I came up with. Honestly I think the two of them did like each other sometime but maybe it just didn't work out. I even think Haha fit's Ji hyo's ideal type. I am happy for the married couple Byul and Haha that's why I can't give a more romantic ending and I set the story during the time that Haha and Byul aren't dating yet, I hope you guys enjoy it XD