Subway Love Story

Runningman Oneshot Story Collection (Not Accepting Requests - HIATUS)

 

 

“Where are you going Joong Ki?” the perpetrator only smiled his bright as the sun lopsided smirk that made many girls swoon before disappearing through the front door. His manager cursed as he ran after the actor. “Yah Song Joong ki! Take the ing car! What will you do if you miss work again?” the flower boy only nonchalantly waved his hand without looking back. “No need hyung! I won’t miss anything, I’m gonna use the subway!” he merrily bounced as he walked like a teen going on his first date. “Jesus, that kid will be the death of me.” his manager can only eye the now fully covered in snow car that looked like it hasn’t been used for ages. He went back inside and grabbed the tablet. An article about his artist caught his attention.

“One time, there was a huge traffic jam, and I didn’t want to be late for a live recording. So I decided to take the subway. I disguised myself by wearing a hat and glasses, and no one recognized me. I ended up getting to work 30 minutes early. Although the first time I did, I got lost and late, but after that I preferred the subway over my car.” stated Song Joong ki on his interview in…

 

Jesus, that kid… what’s with his obsessions on subways?

 

---------------------

Joong ki smiled to himself, pleased with the way he had just escaped his nagging manager who acts like his mom even if he is a hyungnim. He looked up at the sky. A snowflake fell on his white skin, making him shiver. He pressed his thick glasses closer to his face and arranged the scarf he was wearing, making sure he is completely disguised. He smiled to himself as memories continue to fall like the snow from the sky.

 

-----------On to the Past----------

It was almost his turn. He might be the pretty boy who looked innocent in the eyes of everyone but he wasn’t that naïve. He knows his effects on women and he if he wants to, he can use it to get what he wants. However, she is different. She is someone who would only smile at him, someone who only acted like a noona to him. No matter how hard he tried, whenever he looks at his reflection on her eyes, it is always a little boy who would peer back at him. He touched his chest, willing the pounding heart to still. He swallowed hard as he watched her, his now dried lips. He wanted more… more than the title of her sibling. He likes her and he wants her only for himself as his woman.

“Joong ki! Joong ki!” everyone chanted his name. He smiled bashfully at his hyungs. He almost smirked seeing Gary’s fallen face. He left his fears on his seat and faced the cameras. He had done this many times. He can’t get nervous now. “The scene between us will be as a sunbae and a hoobae who met on the subway after a long time.” Ji hyo smiled, covering her luscious cherry lips. He wanted to taste them and he mentally kicked himself for the wayward thoughts. “Don’t overdo it Joong ki-yah, she is a noona.” whispered Gwang soo which made him annoyed. He gave his same age friend an I-know-shut-up look before he acted as if he just got on the train and the mission started.

Ji hyo bumped to him gently. He liked the smell of her silky hair that grazed his face fleetingly. He acted surprise but the truth is he really is. Her new hairstyle made her look like she was in high school. Those milky skin and twinkling orbs… looking at them up close rendered him speechless. He realized he had been staring and spacing out as the Pd wave at him wildly. “Oh! Noona? Ji hyo noona! It’s been a long time.”

“Oh, is it really you Joong ki? Yah, you’re a grown up now.” slowly they sat, his eyes never leaving that beautiful face. “I’ve been following your career noona,” yes, I liked you ever since that movie. No matter what people said, you were always special to me. “Oh, really… thanks. How have you been?”

“I am fine noona, except for one thing…”

“What’s wrong? Tell me” he looked her directly in the eyes and he knows she sensed his seriousness. “I kept this in for a long time. I was always watching, just looking from afar… but now even fate has allowed us to meet again. I want to be the man who understands you the most in the future… I won’t call you noona anymore.” she gave him a look of genuine confusion. The Pd is smiling. Joong ki knows this will make the ratings rise but he doesn’t want her to think like that because he is sincere.  “Noona, can I call you… you directly instead?” she was silent, contemplating as a little smile threatened to escape those lips that was distracting him for the last hour. “I have some more things to say to you noona.”

“Go ahead Joong ki-yah.”

“I have to be closer to you to say this.”

“Come closer and sit here.”

“I can only whisper it you. They are very important words so can you please close your eyes for a while?” she closed her eyes. curved in a cute smile. He leaned in closer. Her scent is driving him crazy. He knows people will get mad, but he doesn’t care anymore. If only there were no cameras, he would have gone even bolder. “Seung Im-ah…” he whispered to her, making sure she’s the only one hearing him. Then he felt it, her soft skin on his lips. It was only a fleeting moment but it was exquisite and he wondered how much more if it was her lips?

---------------------

“I can’t help it… Seung Im-ah.”

“No, please Joong ki-yah. I am noona, call me noona.”

“How can I call you that, don’t you believe me? I said I love you.”

“Joong ki… I don’t like you that way. You’re my little brother.”

“No… I can’t accept that.”

“Please, don’t make this hard for us. More than our dongsaeng noona relationship we are colleagues, nothing more.”

“Then if we are not working together, will I get my chance?”

“Yah Joong ki, why –”

“I am leaving. I’ll leave and when I come back I hope I am not a little boy to you anymore, noona.” he burst out before turning his back on her.

He walked away. Regretting, worried, he can hear her calling his name, but he never looked back. It would be awkward now. There would be no more warm smiles and hugs but he is willing to let go for now, with a promise to someday affect her as much as she affects him.

 

---------------------

He nervously rustled on his bag for some change. It had been a long time since he was in a subway and that time was when… don’t go there Joong ki, stop thinking about her. He made sure the scarf covered his face and he pulled his cap lower. The ticket agent is eyeing him suspiciously but he just ignored her and looked away. His gaze met a familiar figure standing on the platform, impossible. “Hakseng, hakseng!” distraught, he turned to face the woman holding out the ticket in front of his face. Flustered, he uttered a quick apology to her and the people waiting behind him. He dashed away from them. He looked for the familiar figure but she was nowhere to be seen. He deduced it was just his stupid memories. It has been three years and he still hasn’t come back for her. He got his iPod and played his Jong kook hyung’s song. He closed his eyes as he hummed along the music.

“Hyung, why don’t we get Ji hyo noona to play the girl in your MV?” he asked, hoping it wasn’t too obvious. He hadn’t seen her for a long time and he feels that it was about time they meet again and talk. Fortunately, Jong kook didn’t notice anything weird. “She is busy. I already asked her but I was turned down immediately.”

“Did she ask you first who’ll play the male lead?” he knows there’s more than the reason of being busy. He knows all her activities and frankly, he is much busier chasing opportunities to prove himself. “Yeah, she did and I told her I’ll be asking you… why?” the younger one only shook his head and shrugged his shoulders. The muscled man didn’t prod anymore.

He scowled at the memory of the conversation with his hyung. She is avoiding him surely, but what can he do but wait for his chance. He opened his eyes as the sound of the trained loomed closer. He walked closer to the entrance. Many commuters had now surrounded him. Then a familiar fragrance hit him. Ji hyo-yah! His senses are now fully alert. Was it the memories from three years ago making him think of her or… but the smell. It was so real as if she was just standing behind him. He tried to turn around but the doors opened and he felt himself being pushed inside by the hordes of commuters. “Ow!” he rubbed his elbow, which hit a cold metal bar. “I’m sorry.” That voice! She… he grabbed the woman who had just bumped into him and forced her to face him. He can’t be wrong, the figure earlier, the scent and that voice… it can be only one person. “Ji hyo noona…” she was as shocked as he is. Her eyes darted wildly on his face. Her scarf was pulled down in the process and her face is now revealed. Without thinking anymore, he pulled her closer to him, burying her face in his chest and hiding her away from prying eyes. “It’s been a long time noona…,” he whispered in her ear, smiling as he felt her flinch against him. He gently wrapped her in her scarf before letting her go. “What are you doing here in those clothes Joong ki?”

“I should also be asking you that noona. Funny how we tried to disguise ourselves but I still recognized you right away,” her face fell at the emphasis of noona but it only made Joong ki giddy. “Fancy meeting you here noona. I heard you turned down Jong kook hyung’s MV offer… why?”

“I was busy.”

“No… the correct answer is you are avoiding me, noona.” he tipped her chin, making her look at him. There was confusion on those orbs. A blush is now crawling on her pale skin. “Why are you avoiding me?”

“I wasn’t Joong ki…”
“Yes you are…” at that time, the train had reached the next station and packs of commuters piled inside pushing the two closer in a corner. Joong ki instinctively wrapped his arms around her, protecting the woman from strangers. “Noona… am I still a little boy to you?” she sighed as she averted her gaze. Joong ki can only revel at her reaction. “Noona, am I still a little boy?”

“No…” her voice sounded defeated, weak and lonely. “You missed me noona?” a nod from her. “Then why were you avoiding me?”

“You left Joong ki-yah… I am still mad at you for that.” this he did not expect. He thought it was because he told her he likes her. “Why are you mad at this dongsaeng? You rejected me, I can’t face you after that.” she didn’t answer but instead she hugged him tight making Joong ki catch his breath. Then he felt warm liquid on his exposed thin shirt. “Noona, Jesus! I’m sorry I have gone overboard… please don’t cry.”

“I missed you pabo-yah… who told you to leave? Pabo!” she hit him on his chest making him smile. “Hey I never really left. I was always watching, just looking from afar… but now even fate has allowed us to meet again. Now I want to be the man who understands you the most in the future… I won’t call you noona anymore. Chun Seung Im… Seung Im-ah...” he waited for this for a long time. Her name tasted sweet on his tongue. She was completely still against him. He raised her face and wiped away her tears. “I’ve already heard this before Joong ki-yah… don’t you have any other trick?”

“Ouch, it is just a trick to you? Anyway, there are no cameras here anymore, so you wouldn’t doubt me anymore. I have more things I want to say to you.”

“I know… no need to go closer now. I can’t even breathe here.” He only chuckled as he slightly loosened his grip on her. “Seung im… close your eyes.” She immediately did his bidding. “Am I still a little boy to you?”

“No.”

“Good. Now, no peeking,” she only sighed, her hot breath fanning his face.  Joong ki wondered if the cherry lips he desired before are still there. He turned her around in an angle where people won’t see. Then he slowly lowered her scarf, revealing her beautiful face, his eyes looking at her luscious lips. He leaned closer, his hands now caressing her face. Finally, he satisfied his three-year-old curiosity as he made the hot connection with their lips. She tasted like nothing he had ever imagined. It took his all to stay gentle when all he wanted was more. Slowly, passionately, teasing… he kissed her. Now he knows, her lips taste way better than any cherries here on earth.

Incheon Station. We had just reached the last station. To all passengers, please alight the train. This is the last station, Incheon Station. To all…

 

 ----------On to the Present-----------

Joong ki chuckled as he reached the subway station. He looked around but she wasn’t there. Then a hand s around his arms. He smiled as he looked at the girl clinging to his arms. “Hey Seung Im-ah, have you been here for long?”

“Nope… I had trouble escaping my manager. He was adamant on making me use the car. How about you?”

“It’s all fine. I missed you.”

“Yah, we saw each other yesterday.”

“I know Seung Im-ah, but still I missed you. Let’s go?”

“Do you really want to celebrate our anniversary here?”

“Why not? This is where I first confessed to you.” she chuckled as he pulled her closer to him.

“You’re a hopeless romantic Joong ki.”

“I am hopelessly in love with you Seung im-ah. I love you , I love you... don't ever doubt that.” in their matching scarf and glasses, they walked hand in hand towards the place that holds precious memories of them together.

 


 

here's the songsong couple fic you requested lolurfacelol423, don't forget to let me know when you read this. If you want a redo just comment or pm me. and to all song song couple shippers out there, what do you think? ^_^ Enjoy reading XD

*the interview was based on the real thing although I edited the latter parts of it

*the train scene was also adapted from episode 15