Daddy's back

Complicated

"What...what are you doing here?" I asked him. I never imagined that he would ever find me. "How'd you find me?"

 

"You're going back to Shanghai with me."

 

"No. I refuse to leave."

 

"Aww, why? Finally got a boyfriend that you can't leave behind? Yeah, I know about your little boyfriend. The nurses told me about him. But who cares about him anyway? Youre going to go home with me. I've already booked your plane ticket."

 

"I said, I don't want to leave here. I don't want to go home, Seoul is my home now. That dump that I used to live in with you is not my home. For God's sake, it doesn't even look like a house to begin with!" I raised my voice just a little, hoping that the nurses would hear and maybe come in to check.

 

"Don't you dare talk to me like that. I am your father!" He hissed, "And also, do you think that you're on some kind of television drama or something? Running away to Korea and finding love just to get away from your real home? Do you have any idea how much it cost me to come here? Plane tickets aren't cheap, DO YOU KNOW THAT?

 

So, when we get back, I advise you to be prepared because I've set you up with some jobs that can help pay off the airline ticket debts. And if you ever think of running away from me again. I promise you, I will kill you with my own bare hands."

 

His threats didn't scare me normally because I knew he was always drunk when he made them and he'd probably forget about them the next day but this time, when he came in, he didn't reek of alcohol and cigarettes. He seemed completely sober. And his threats were serious. I knew he was capable of doing something like murder so I just kept my mouth shut. 

 

I didn't want to die, I want to live, for Daehyun. I need to be there for him. I couldn't abandon him because I know what it feels like to be abandoned and uncared for. But how can I be there for him when a deranged man is giving me death threats and forcing me to go to another country with him? 

 

I have to stay at the hospital a little bit longer and I know exactly how. 

 

"So are you mute now? Don't know how to speak? Aren't you going to argue with me and disrespect me like you always do?" He screamed. It seems like he likes his own daughter to scream at him. I sometimes wonder if he's mentally impaired or just drunk all the time.

 

I didn't reply him at all and instead clicked on the button which called for the nurse. One of the nurses came in and asked if I needed anything. I was going to say something but then he decided to interrupt.

 

"Oh, there's nothing she needs really. She told me that she's feeling really good and fine now. She says she wants to go home with me as soon as possible. And the doctors told me that she doesn't have any sort of disease, she's just exhausted? Well, she's feeling alright now. When can she be discharged?" He said swiftly.

 

"Actually, nurse. I feel terrible now. I think I need some medication." I fake coughed and the nurse believe me. 

 

"Alright then, I guess you will have to stay for another few days until you feel fine." The nurse said, then she left the room.

 

I smiled triumphantly at my father and he scoffed. "Don't think you're so good at acting. This is just the start. I'll get you out of here by tonight."