Surprise, surprise

Complicated

The room was cold and I could feel a bunch of people huddling at my side. I tried to open my eyes but, it was hard. I heard machines beeping. Whispers being sent around. Even with closed eyes, I could feel the intense atmospher building up around me. All I had to do was lift my eyelids. Then, I would know what's happening. I tried, tried so hard, but I couldn't. My eyelids felt a million times heavier than normal. I heard someone calling my name. I don't quite recognize the voice but it sent shivers down my spine. It was all too familiar. The voice belonged to a man. He didn't sound worried, he sounded angry instead.

 

I tried to move my hand as an indication that I was actually awake but my eyelids just wouldn't open but, that didn't work very well either. I couldn't even lift my finger. I felt frustrated. I just want to scream to whoever that is calling my name. I want to tell him to stop shouting and I'm fine. I heard a female voice say, "Sir, you should let her rest. I don't think she would recover very well if you kept on shouting at her. I assure you that she will wake up, soon. She just needs some rest."

 

Her voice sounds familiar, too. She sounded professional. She probably works here, where ever 'here' is. 

 

And then it suddenly hit me, like a rock straight in the face. I'm in the hospital visiting Daehyun. I went to get him some water and I just...everything went black and I don't remember anything from then on. This explains everything. The beeping machine sounds, the cold room and the professional lady's voice. Did I really black out? Ugh, I'll figure everything out later. Now, I just feel so tired. 

 

I finally managed to lift up my eyelids the next day. Or was it night already? I couldn't tell since the room I was staying in had the curtains drawn. I looked around the room and saw a nurse. I tried to call her but I just ended up croaking. My throat was too dry so I sound like a damn frog, haha. I got her attention, though. She quickly went over to me.

 

"Good, you're awake now. Do you need anything?"

 

"Water," I managed to whisper to her. She nodded and got a bottle of water from the mini fridge in the corner. Wait..there's a mini fridge in my hospital room? Why doesn't Daehyun have one? Or Ze....I shouldn't think about him. I lifted my hand and bumped my head lightly. The nurse came over and handed me a small cup of water. 

 

I lifted my head and tried to sit up straight but got pulled back by some wires which made the machines ping like crazy. My head fell back down on the pillow and I touched my forehead. I felt two or three stickers with wires attached to them on my head. "Can...you...help...me?" I managed to croak to the nurse. 

 

She came over and gently removed all the stickers from my forehead which allowed me to sit up and drink my heavenly water. After taking several swigs, I asked the nurse, "Why am I here? And also, why am I attached to so many...machines?"

 

The nurse came over and sat next to me. "You fainted. The doctors said it's caused by exhaustion and dehydration. You were asleep for almost two days. Oh, I almost forgot! You have a visitor! I'm not quite sure who he is but he was here since the day you collapsed. Would you like me to call him in?"

 

A visitor. Maybe it's Daehyun. Wait, no. It can't be Daehyun, he's bed ridden for 6-8 weeks and it's only been a few days. Maybe it's Zelo. I rolled my eyes as I thought of Zelo. "Sure, bring him in," The nurse nodded and went out the door. 

 

I decided to close my eyes for a while. A few more minutes wouldn't hurt...

 

I heard the door open and I heard footsteps. "Your visitor is here." I heard the nurse say. Then, I heard someone leave the room.

 

"Hyuna. We need to talk." My eyes snapped open when I heard that voice, it couldn't be.

 

I looked up and saw my father.