Truth

Complicated

I walked into school alone the next day, avoiding eye contact with everyone; especially Jongup, Youngjae, Daehyun and Zelo. I walked past them without saying a word and without even looking at them. I heard Youngjae call my name several times but I just ignored him and continued walking to class. 

I successfully avoided everyone before lunch. During lunch, instead of going to the cafeteria and sitting in my usual seat with the guys, I went to the library to read. I sat in a small corner, huddled together with my bag and I started reading a book. I was halfway into the book until I saw a figure in front of me and I felt a slight tap on my shoulder. I looked up, annoyed and saw Daehyun. 

"What do you want?" I hissed at him through my gritted teeth whilst glaring at him.

"We really, really need to talk. And don't give me any of your stupid excuses. We need to talk now. I know you've been trying to avoid me and the others. It's not working very well."

Oh damn. Why now?

"Can't we talk later?"

"Later usually means never. So, no. I want to talk to you now."

"fine." I knew there was no way to escape talking to him so I followed him. He brought me to the soccer field, just like the last time we talked alone. "So why'd you bring me here?"

"Why didn't you tell me about Himchan?"

Oh...he wants to talk about Himchan. Ugh.

"I didn't tell anyone..except for you guys yesterday."

"You could've told me you know, I'd beat the guts outta him. I was planning to do that last night but the others stopped me and Himchan went out all night partying."

"He was partying...?"

"Yeah. That's what he always does."

"Oh..."

"You might think he cares about you and has feelings and all but, the truth is. He's just using you. You might be the youngest but you're definitely not the first one."

I said nothing and just continued staring at the ground, plucking out grass with my hands. Daehyun continued, "You should've never kissed him or talked to him in the first place. I've heard tons of stories from the girls that he brought home before. They all said the same thing. They were really upset and lonely, they said Himchan made them feel wanted and Himchan cared a lot for them. But then after a few days or weeks, they'd come crying to me and the others about how Himchan drugged and had with them when they were drunk or passed out. He's not a good guy, Hyuna."

"Why didn't you tell me this in the first place?" I said, feeling somewhat betrayed and angry.

"I wanted to. All of us wanted to. But Himchan warned us before. Well, not exactly warned. He sorta threatened us saying that he'd do something to Yongguk that would make him leave BAP. And since Yongguk is the leader of BAP, we can't let that happen...I know he might not be very serious about that but I'm not taking any chances."

 "So I'm one of those girls, huh?" I laughed bitterly, feeling the tears slowly form in my eyes.

Daehyun said nothing and just sat with me in silence.