COLD

My SHINeeng (SHINNING) STAR

 

“Oh! what’s with that face? It’s so early in the morning but your face was crumpled like a paper that ready to throw in trash can.” Seul Ki said as she walked beside Jee In.

 

She ignored her and just let a deep sigh.

 

Seul Ki heard it and sighed also. She knew what’s the reason behind those crumpled face of her bestfriend.

 

“Key…” Seul Ki mumbled.

 

Jee In loked at her with a sad eyes.

 

“why are you sad if you knew you’ll meet him later? I thought SHINee will attend school today.”

 

Once again, Jee In released a very deep sighed.

 

“they are heading to Japan at this moment.” Jee In said while looking at the ground and kicking the air while she walked.

 

“oh~ how did you know?” Seul Ki asked.

 

“Taemin sent me a message.” She pouted.

 

“Taemin.. the maknae..” Seul Ki giggled.

 

Jee In gave her a weird look. “are you ok? are you fan girling?”

 

Seul Ki chuckled. “you know, I like Taeminnie.. he’s so cute! “

 

“tch! Then court him! He’s pretty cool and bubbly. He’s carefree boy. He loves everything and everyone around him. I’m sure it won’t be too hard for you to persuade him.” Jee In said nonchalantly.

 

Seul Ki stopped from walking and glared Jee In. “I’m not crazy like you ok? I said I like him, I didn’t said I’m crazy over him. Tch!”

 

Jee In stopped too and looked at Seul Ki. “are you trying to say I am crazy over Key oppa?” she asked with a serious face.

 

“wae? Aren’t you? You’re obsessed on him. That’s our difference.” Seul Ki puts her both hands on her waist.

 

“the only difference between us was, I am inlove with him and you just like Taemin.” Jee In continued walking again.

 

Seul Ki followed her and catched her so that they’ll walk together.

 

SHINee at INCHEON AIRPORT

 

“is that Jee In?” Jong Hyun asked Key with an intrigue tone.

 

Key didn’t answered Jong Hyun but instead, he just turned his head from the other side.

 

“I heard you said promise to her. are you letting us win Key??” Jong Hyun teased Key.

 

Again, Key didn’t mind him and kept on looking somewhere.

 

“Key, please don’t let us die..” Onew begged Key as he held Key’s arms.

 

That time, Key looked at Onew and glared him. “it’s your fault. If you didn’t suggested that bet, you won’t be having a big problem right now.”

 

Taemin heard it and stopped playing at his phone.

 

“are you telling us hyung that you fell for her already??”

 

Key looked at Taemin with an unpleasant look. “I never said it. and to tell you people of SHINee, I will never ever fell in love with that girl. mark my word!” then he crossed his arms.

 

Min Ho and Jong Hyun laughed. While Onew held his heart and sighed of relieved. Taemin just looked at Key with suspicions.

 

“should I really mark your word hyung?”

 

NO ONE POV

Jee In spent her whole day gloomy. She kept on looking at her time, wishing that the class will end already and started to work again. she’d rather spend her boring time in work rather than sulking inside of her school and kept on thinking her Key.

 

She stood up immediately when she heard the bell rang, sign that the class had already ended. She started running and went to their office and took all the pliers she’ll sell.

 

AUTHOR’S POV

 

SHINee finally arrived at Japan and their manager let them take a rest first before they go at SM ent. Jap. Building. They will be having the final recording tomorrow for their upcoming album “Dazzling Girl”.

 

Key laid down on his bed and took out his phone. He looked at the screen and stared it for a while.

 

KEY POV

 

Should I call her? should I tell to her that we are already having our rest and tomorrow will be our recording day?

 

Key shook his head in a row trying to erase all his thoughts.

 

Why the hell would I call her?? let her die thinking if I’m ok. I don’t care about her. all she knows is to annoy me to death!

 

I kept my phone and took a snap before we report at the building and fixed the schedule for our recording tomorrow.

 

JEE IN POV

 

Oh.. thank God! I have already sold all those pliers. For sure it’s a big money again. my boss will be happy again. I smiled as I imagined how he praised me for my hard work.

 

HAACHHOOOH!..  sniffed.. I think I’ll be suffering from cold tomorrow if I won’t go home right now. It’s already 3 am and I still have class tomorrow around 8 am. I still need to do my homework first before I’ll go to bed. What a stress life!

 

But it’s ok. if this will make my Key oppa happy then I’m willing to suffer just to help him. Key’s happiness is the most thing I treasured so much. I saw how sad he is when I knew about his problem.

 

At least I don’t only annoy him but I also helped him. I smiled as I imagined how he will be grateful if he saw how I worked hard for him to solve his problem.

 

MORNING

 

*sniffed, sniffed* hachooh! *sniffed* Jee In wiped her nose through her sleeves.

 

“seriously, did you took a good nap this past days? You have already eye bugs, you looked thinner than before. And wait… you’re pale right now. Are you fine? are you still taking good care of yourself? Yah Jee In babo, your world won’t end if Key’s not around you! You should still take good care of yourself.” Seul Ki nagged at Jee In.

 

The poor child Jee In just kept on sniffing and not listening at Seul ki.

 

“are you listening at me???” Seul Ki snapped out Jee In.

 

“I’m fine Seul, just don’t mind me.. I’m just.. just suffering from light mucus.” Jee In said in between her sniffs.

 

Seul Ki looked at her disgustedly. “eew Jee In.. mucus? Take some medicines now. If you’lll just tolerate it, maybe it will turn to colds.”

 

Jee In nodded and wiped again her nose through her sleeves.

 

“yah! Don’t you have a handkerchief?? Why do you kept on wiping your nose through your sleeves?! You are such a mess!” Seul Ki took out her handkerchief and gave it to her best friend.

 

“here. take this.”

 

Jee In gave her a small smile before she took it and bowed. “thank you, I’ll just return this tomorrow.”

 

“ey forget it. it’s yours. Don’t return it back.” Seul Ki said.

 

Despite of her bad condition, Jee In still kept on working that night. The sale wasn’t that good but she still managed to sell it all. That was the toughest day for her since she started working.

 

Her colds doesn’t helped her. it seems like she turned more weaker because of that. It was already 4 am when she sold the pliers. She sneezed again and sniffed. As usual, the kid wiped again her nose through her long sleeves.  She sat down first and took a rest. “only few more hours.. I’ll meet Key oppa again.” Jee In whispered to herself with a smile on her face and a sleepy eyes.

 

She stood up from her seat and went to her boss to take her salary.

 

EARLY IN THE MORNING

 

KEY POV

 

Again, I saw those crazy fan girls waiting for us at the gate. I wonder if Jee In was with them also. I think she’s not there because Jee In do her fan girling ALONE. If I say alone, it means she clings on me 24/7 and stalked me by herself.

 

As we went down from our van, their screams became more louder. I almost winced and trying my best to cover my ears with out them noticing it. well it’s a rude to cover my ears in front of them. It will be very obvious that I am irritated at their screams.

 

I saw Taemin smiled at me and whispered something.

 

“hyung, are you irritated? Now you know how we felt when you screamed on us using your dive tone.” Taemin teased me.

 

I looked at him sharply and glared him.

 

He just walked beside Onew hyung and stock his tongue out on me.

 

Wait until we’ll reach  our classroom Taemin and you’ll be dead!

 

NO ONE POV

 

“your boyfriend is already outside. Aren’t you going to welcome him?” Seul Ki asked Jee In who’s resting her head at her desk since she arrived at school.

 

“hey.. are you sleeping?” Seul Ki lightly poked Jee In’s arms.

 

“hmmmm…” Jee In answered.

 

“I said your almighty Key had already arrived.”

 

Jee In lazily lifted her head and looked at Seul Ki.

 

Seul Ki was shock to see her bestfriend with a mess hair and a pale face.

 

“yah~ are you ok? it seems like you are more pale today than yesterday. Does your mucus gotten worse?” she asked worriedly.

 

Instead of answering her, Jee In asked nonsense thing. “where’s oppa?”

 

Seul Ki’s jaw dropped. “I am asking you about your health and you’ll answer me asking me where the hell was your imaginary boyfriend?”

 

Jee In stood up lazily and Seul Ki noticed that Jee In was so weak. She estimated that she’ll collapse any time.

 

“yah, are you really fine?? Jee In, you look so weak.. where are you going?”

 

Jee In gave her a small smile and looked at her. “I need to welcome my oppa.”

 

Right then, Jee In fixed herself and ran outside.

 

KEY POV

 

Screams…. Screams… screams are every where! Oh my God! Can someone mute this freaking fan girls???! I can’t hear anything anymore except this screams from them.

 

“oppa!!!!”

 

Ok. that voice caught my attention. I will never forget that annoying voice. I stopped and looked behind me. I was surprised to see Jee In waving her hands towards me. But that’s not it. that’s not the reason why I am surprised. She looks haggard and pale. What happened to her??? is she fine?

 

She looks older the last time I saw her. is she still the Jee In I knew?

 

I decided to just ignore her and continued walking. And in just a few seconds, I felt someone grabbed my arms already. I didn’t even bothered to look who was it because I know it's her. I know it because it’s very weird if my fellow members wrapped their arms around my arms. And secondly, I know who owns that perfume. An apple flavored perfume. Jee In only used those perfumes.

 

“oppa.. I missed you.” She said. I looked at her with annoyed face and I saw her pouting.. her last word she said which is you… she exaggeratedly pronounced it just to saw her cute pout. Tch!

 

I yanked her hands around my arms and continued walking.

 

“oppa~~~” I heard her whinning from behind me.

 

“don’t you miss me?”

 

“I don’t. and never.” I answered coldly with out looking at her.

 

“but I missed you.”

 

“it’s only you who missed me. Not me.” I answered back.

 

“ey oppa….” She tried to grabbed my arms again.

 

“eish!! Stop grabbing my arms will you?!” I yelled at her.

 

“hyung, watch your moves. People are already looking at you.”

 

I looked at Taemin and looked around me. Yes indeed, they were already looking at us. I looked back at Jee In and glared at her one more time before I continued walking.

 

“oppa… why are you so stubborn.. I’m happy to see you…” I heard her whining again and trying to reach my hands.

 

I let go a loud tsk so that she’ll knew that I don’t like her presence.

 

“oppa….” I heard her again. but this time, no more whining tone.

 

“oppa..” her voice are getting weaker. What’s wrong with her? a while ago she was so cute whining and now her tone suddenly changed.

 

She tried to reach my arms for the last time and there! I am already irritated. I harshly pulled my hands on her and faced her.

 

“yah!!!! I said stop holding my hands!!!! Don’t touch me!!!”

 

Just then I saw her pale face. Her eyelids are already closing.

 

“Jee In ah~ are you ok?” Taemin asked from behind her.

 

“op…oppa… I’m… I’m…” Jee In didn’t finished her words when she realized she fainted already. Good thing Taemin was behind her and he immediately caught her,.

 

I started to panic and frozen at my place. What the hell. Is she acting??? Is she trying to tell me to carry her bridal style and carry her at the hospital??? Huh! Yah Kim Jee In. nice strategies but I won’t fall for that.

 

“Jee In… Jee In ah~~” Taemin kept on shrugging Jee In.

 

At the same time Onew hyung, Jong Hyun and Min Ho gathered there also.

 

“what happened?” Onew asked worriedly.

 

“hyung she fainted. She’s hot too. I think she’s sick.” Taemin said worriedly.

 

“let’s bring her at the clinic then.” Jong Hyun said and Taemin immediately carried her to the clinic.

 

Jong Hyun and Min Ho followed the maknae while Onew stayed with me.

 

“hyu…hyung…. is she… is she… really fainted?” I asked emotionless. I was blank. Is she really not acting?

 

“Key, she’s sick. She has a fever. And look you still pushed her away even though she was sick.” Onew hyung said.

 

Wait. What? What did I heard? Is he trying to say I have also fault that's why she fainted?

 

“are you trying to say that it was my fault hyung? the hell I know she was sick? I don’t know she has a cold.” I answered a bit mad at Onew Hyung.

 

“at least you treated her nicely. About the bet, it doesn’t mean I like to loose but being nice to her doesn’t mean you’ll fall for her. you see, she’s also a human. And the worst is she’s a girl. girls shouldn’t treat like that. You need to respect them also.” Onew said.

 

“how could I respect her if she doesn’t even know how to respect  herself. She always clings on me like she has no life except from stalking me.” I snapped back.

 

Onew just sighed and followed Taemin at the clinic.

 

==================================================================

wew, a quite long chapter.. ^_^ commenst are open.. :D thank you for reading