Baekhyun & Chanyeol

Exo - K, Saranghaja!

Third person’s POV

EXO-K dorm was the noisiest in the whole building, especially at night. Their manager should have stayed with them for half year from their debut to keep an eye on them and set up rules but he gave up and moved out. Surprisingly, EXO-K never got any warning from the Management Board. The boys were very kind and polite to everyone in the building although they’re idols. Maybe that’s the reason why they weren’t kicked out yet. And the only one who was responsible for most of the noise was no one else but Chanyeol. The Happy Virus was actually virus. He was like a magnet that you couldn’t resist. When your mood was down, came to him and you would forget all your sorrow in 2 minutes.

Chanyeol and Baekhyun was the counterpart of another. Together, they would come up with some crazy ideas that you couldn’t imagine. Once they suggested (and successfully convinced) their members to go hiking on a rare day-off. The members regretted right after they got to see the mountain which was totally opposite to what they were told. One of their managers was hurt his ankle on the way back down and couldn’t walk in two days.

Although they were mischievous, both Chanyeol and Baekhyun were really kind and caring, especially when it came to their dongsaengs. They both knew something happened to Sehun lately but knowing the maknae too well, they chose to observe in silent. After Kai announced that he would talk to Sehun two days ago, they were waiting for the result from Kai. Nevertheless, nothing came from Kai’s mouth since then so they decided to in.

“So what do you suggest we should do now?”, Baekhyun asked when they were sitting in their shared room, on their own bed, facing each other.

“Well, I think we should fan out.” Chanyeol replied. “Kai was really close to Sehun so I guess he already knew something. And you know how I hate when people hiding other people’s secret from me” He grinded his teeth.

Baekhyun waved off his hand “Yeah, yeah I know. Could you stop grinding. It’s annoying.”

Chanyeol wrinkled his brows a little at his roomate’s request but then his face somehow loosened when an idea flashed through his mind.

“Okay, here what we’re gonna do. You go talk to Suho hyung to see if he knew anything. I’ll take care of Kai. Those two are potential candidates.”

Baekhyun bit his lips “I doubt about Suho hyung but okay, I’ll try.”

“I know, but they share the same room, maybe Sehun blurted out something.”

Chanyeol clapped his hands before getting up “Good luck!”

The next morning, EXO-K had a performance in Jeju island. They were woken up early to go to the airport. As planned before, Baekhyun walked by Suho and did some fan service. Suho was surprised but then just went along with that. While they were waiting in the lounge, Baekhyun took a chance to pull Suho away from other members to have little conversation with him.

“Hyung, do you know what happened with Sehun?” Baekhyun asked with serious tone.

Suho shook his head “No idea, I tried to talk to him before but he kept saying that he was fine, he would figure it out himself.”

“We were kind of worried, you know” Baekhyun added.

“We?” Suho raised his voice

“Ah, Chanyeol and me”

“Yeah, I was worried too. But I think he will tell us whenever he’s ready. So you two please don’t do anything stupid okay? I don’t want to clean the mess like the hiking incident” Suho held both of Baekhyun’s hands, shaking slightly.

Baekhyun faked a frown in response but chose to drop it there because clearly his leader didn’t know a thing.

Chanyeol flopped into the seat beside his roommate on the plane. He saw Baekhyun chatting with Suho before boarding and his reaction was no good.

“Let me guess, he didn’t have any clue right?”

“Uhmm…and keep your voice down, he’s right behind us” Baekhyun whispered, pointing his thumb backward “He asked us to leave the maknae alone with his problem. He also reminded me the hiking accident.”

Chanyeol sent a quick glance to Suho

“He couldn’t stop complaining about that, could he? They blamed us after having all the fun and bonding time.”

“Yeah, the rain and slippery track down hill sure made it fun.” Baekhyun teased.

“Really? Now you want to talk about that?” Chanyeol arched his brows.

“Ani” Baekhyun put his innocent puppy eyes on “So what are you gonna do?”

“Well, I think I have no choice but attack Kai without mercy.” the younger smiled wryly.

*************

Kai was checking some new choreography online when he felt someone flop beside him and a hand put over his shoulder.

“What are you doing?” Chanyeol’s deep voice would sometimes send him the creeps.

“Well, the dancing teacher suggested some new dance steps. Man, they did so well.” Kai answered with his eyes still on the screen.

Chanyeol glued his attention to screen for a second as well, but then he loosened their closeness and leaned back on the couch.

“So, Sehunnie behavior lately was kind of weird, don’t you think?” Chanyeol inquired.

Kai startled a bit at sudden mention of Sehun, but he said calmly

“Yeah, he was more quiet than usual. He totally forgot about asking for bubble tea. Can you believe it?”

Play innocent huh. Nice try!!

“Well, you’re lucky. He really makes your punishment easier this time.” Chanyeol smirked

“I know!!” Kai exclaimed with big grin.

“You said you would talk to him last weekend. Did he tell you anything?” Chanyeol asked curiously.

Kai’s smile disappeared, he rubbed his back awkwardly

“Nothing really. He didn’t want to talk. We ended up playing game.”

“Oh, really? You let it go that easy? I thought you two were best friends?” Chanyeol pretended to be surprised.

“What could I do? It’s his life though.” Kai shrugged his shoulder.

“Okay, time’s out Kai” Chanyeol straightened his face, clearly had no interest in playing around any more “I know he told you something and I’m here because I care about Sehun. I’m tired of his sulking face.”

Kai protested “I don’t know anything hyung, I swear.”

Chanyeol held up his hands “Okay, okay if you say so.”

He got up, took a few steps away but then turned back, hit his forehead with his palm

“Oh, before I forget, is D.O still looking for his diary?”

Kai’s face turned into panic, he stuttered “Wh..what are you talking about?”

“You know, his diary” Chanyeol stated as the matter of fact “I heard he was looking for it like a month ago. I think I knew what happened to it.” He emphasized the last sentence.

Kai moved uncomfortably on the couch. How could he know? What happened that day was between me and Baek…

“Baekhyun hyung!” Kai groaned in disbelief.

************

Chanyeol just stood still, waiting for Kai to fall into his trap.

“I can’t believe it. He sold me out. I’m gonna kill him.” Kai clenched his fist.

“Whoa whoa, calm dowm tiger!” Chanyeol gripped the younger shoulder “He didn’t tell me anything. I overheard your conversation that day so I confronted him.”

Kai tilted his head and looked at Chanyeol suspiciously. Frankly, he didn’t buy what his hyung just said. Chanyeol could do anything to cover for Baekhyun. But that didn’t matter now, the fact that Chanyeol knew about his secret was troublesome. It could be worse if D.O found out too. But he couldn’t reveal Sehun’s secret without his permission. He couldn’t be second Baekhyun. Baekhyun…urghhh…don’t think about that brat now.

“So you’re saying that you’re blackmailing me?” Kai questioned his hyung with bitter voice

Chanyeol chuckled a little bit

“No, I’m not saying that. What I mean is you tell me what you knew and maybe I can help.”

“I can’t hyung. It’s too personal and he trusted me. I can’t betray him.”

“You can’t betray who?”

Both of them jumped out of their skin at the voice came from their back. They turned back to find Sehun in the hallway, took off his socks while staring at them. Sehun had to take extra practice for his performance with BoA this Friday so he stayed at the dancing room late every night this week. Still in a curious expression, Sehun stepped to the couch where his hyungs were, well frozen.

“Why are you guys looking at me like you see a ghost?” Sehun crossed his arms.

“Er..uhm..you’re home early.” Kai stammered, tried to change the topic. “Did the practice go well?”

“it’s okay” Sehun short answered. He glanced at Chanyeol “What were you talking about earlier?”

The older hyungs looked at each other, didn’t know how to reply. The awkward atmosphere was all over the living room as no one volunteered to say a word. Chanyeol finally cleared his throat to break the ice.

“Fine, I’ll talk.” he threw his arms in the air “Sehun ah, lately you acted weird and it bothered me a lot. So I was persuading Kai to tell me what happened to you because I know he knew something...”

“And I said no to him. I couldn’t betray you” Kai butted in.

Both of them looked up at the maknae, waiting for the anger to pour out. Instead, Sehun just sighed and walked away.

Kai quickly grasped his wrist “Are you okay?”

Sehun sighed again, loosened Kai’s grip “It’s over. You can tell him if you want.”

“What do you mean?” Kai raised his voice.

Sehun pursed his lips, tried to hold his sadness when mentioned the Chinese boy’s name

“You hear me, it’s over. Luhan hates me already. Now let me go.”

Sehun walked fast to his room and slammed the door, leaving his hyungs dumbfounded. Chanyeol was the one who talked first after a silent moment.

“What’s going on? Who is Luhan?”

“I don’t know” Kai spoke unconsciously.

“Are you kidding me?” Chanyeol smacked the younger arm to bring him back to reality.

“Ouch, that’s hurt hyung.” Kai squealed, rubbing the reddened spot on his arm.

“Oh come on, don’t be a drama queen.” Chanyeol groaned “Now tell me what’s going on.”

Kai rolled his eyes, let out a small cough before giving Chanyeol the overview of Sehun’s story.

“Okay, you remember the day when Sehun’s grandma was in hospital?”

Chanyeol nodded, recalled the raining day.

“Well, Sehun met Luhan that day at Moon shop.”

“Who’s Luhan? It sounds like a foreign name.” Chanyeol narrowed his brows.

“Yeah, he’s Chinese, came to Korea to study.” Kai agreed “By the way, Sehun had a crush on him and it freaked him the hell out cuz he didn’t know what the consequence would be..”

“Pardon me? Sehun likes a boy? That means he’s a….” Chanyeol dropped his mouth open.

“Don’t call him that” Kai snapped back. “He’s very serious about that guy and I suggested that I would see Luhan first to see if he’s into Sehun or not then Sehun could make his moves.”

“Oh, but he said Luhan hated him earlier.” Chanyeol mumbled

Kai looked toward the closed door of maknae’s room “Maybe it’s just a misunderstanding.”

Chanyeol stood up, headed to the kitchen then came back with a cold bottle. He needed something to cool his emotion now.

“Woa, I have no idea what I get into” Chanyeol swallowed a huge gulp of water “But still, dating a boy will be a lot easier than with a girl”

Kai chuckled, giving his hyung a hi-five

“That’s exactly what I told him”.

“We got to help him. I don’t want to live with that zombie.” they both glanced at that door again.

“But how?”

“Like you said, let’s see who the hell is Luhan first.”

---------------------------

 

A/N. I really love Baekhyun and Chanyeol, they are so hyper.

So I won't be back until weekend. That why I make it up to you guys with this long chapter.

FYI, the trio BaekYeolKai will have a lot of scenes in next chapter too.