Give your heart a break

Exo - K, Saranghaja!

A.N/ Done with the moving to a new place. I'm really in happy mood right now. 

So my chaptered - story hits the number 8. What do you think about it so far?

-----------------------

Luhan’s POV

Sehun has been ignored my calls and messages for almost a week. I didn’t know what I did wrong. He acted happily when we came across the last time at the movies, and now all I got from him was “I’m busy hyung, talk to you later.” or “I’m tired/sleepy.” I knew he was an idol with full schedule and stuff but a goodnight text was really not much to ask, right? Speaking of that, I still couldn’t believe myself for not knowing him in the first place.

My first month in Seoul was like crazy. I had to find a place to live, registered a language course to improve my Korean. My timetable of classes was changed continuously so I had to stay at the university for the whole day to check on it. Therefore when I met him at the bubble tea shop, I didn’t have any clue about who he was. Sure he was very handsome and kind to a stranger like me, but still I just thought he was in college like me.

The day I found out that he actually was a member of a boy-band named EXO-K was a rarely free day of mine and I was watching a music show on the TV with my roommate. I almost spitted all over the couch when I saw him perform and be interviewed. My roommate laughed at me when I told him Sehun was a friend. I actually video call with Sehun to prove me right and also sulked at him for keeping this from me. He just laughed off and comforted me by promising to give me and my roommate EXO-K’s CD with their autographs. I suddenly felt so special when someone that famous treated me like that.

Sehun had his own business and I had mine. We didn’t see each other since that rainy day. Actually we did see each other sometimes but didn’t have chance to have a real conversation. We came across several times at the Moon Bubble Tea and on the street. He was always with s or his manager. Like that time when I saw him at the movies, I texted him “Hi Sehunnie, look behind your back :P” and he did as request. We grinned at each other for a second before he was dragging away by Kai and Baekhyun (yea, I learnt s’ names too). He texted me back “You look cute with that ice-cream hyung. Have fun! Miss ya…” He surely knew how to make my heart racing fast.

I kind of had strange feeling toward him since the day he helped me out with children’s book. He was so nice and warm but also mischievous at the same time. He was sometimes extremely childish. Could you believe he spent 10 minutes arguing with me about who was the most beautiful in SNSD. He only dropped it when I said he should have talked about something else funnier cuz I didn’t want to waste my money (well, I phoned him) on some girls. I was stubborn too, you know.

Our friendship was perfectly fine until a week ago when I told him I took a part-time job at Moon Bubble Tea. It’s not like I had to earn money for my living. Actually, my allowance from parents was enough to give me relatively comfortable circumstances. Back in China, my parents owned several hotels and traditional restaurants. They wanted me to be major in BA so I could take over the business. They had planned to expand their business abroad so I insisted to go study in Korea with the reason to learn about the market first. In fact, I just wanted to break from them for a while. They were so overprotective and I was tired of that. Luckily they bought my idea but made me promise to come back anytime they requested.

So like I said before, I took a job as a waiter not because of money but that way I could see Sehun more often. Somehow I overheard that this shop was Sehun favorite’s bubble tea shop so as I was working here, my chance to have a real conversation with him would be up a little. He seemed excited over the phone about this news but since then, he either ignored me or went to the shop. I was angry at him at first but now I was kind of worried about him. I knew how much he loved bubble tea and a week without it would be a torture. I saw Kai stop by to buy two take-out, one of them was chocolate, Sehun’s favorite flavor, so I guessed it’s for him. Did he hate me already? Did he ask Kai to buy for him to avoid seeing me? The more I thought about it, the more my blood boiled up.

“Luhan, are you okay?” Minseok, co-worker also my best Korean friend, patted my shoulder, yanked me out of my daydream.

“Huh… I’m fine. Why?” I looked over my shoulder.

“Are you sure?” he tilted his head “Cuz you’ve been rubbing this spot for 5 minutes already. I think it’s going to burn.” He pointed the spot where my hand was.

Look what you did to me, Sehun!!

“Oh, I was thinking something.” I rubbed my neck embarrassingly.

“Was it about Sehun?” Minseok smirked.

How did he know? Am I this obvious?

I didn’t answer his question directly

“He’s been ignoring me. I don’t know what I did wrong.”

Minseok looked at me understandingly

“Poor you! Maybe he was busy. Think positive!”

I sighed “Hope so.”

I checked the clock over the shelf

“Oh, my shift is over now. You want me to wait for you or I walk home alone?”

He shook his head slightly

“Ani, just go home and rest. I’ll stop by the book store on the way home. Besides, I think you should forget about the whole Sehun thing. It clearly brought you down and I miss your smile.”

“Tsk tsk, your love for book is unbelievable” I took off the apron and changed clothes, ignored his last comment.

“Still… can’t compare with your love for Sehun”, he stuck out his tongue at me before running for his life.

I stood there for a while, kept both my hands on my cheek to cool down the heat going up. The thought of Sehun always brought heat to my body, sometimes I thought I was going to faint. Aish baozi, I’ll eat you alive one day.

I was snapped back by the buzz from my phone. A message from…Sehun.

From: Hunnie

Hyung, what are you doing? Sorry for not spending time with you lately.

I read Sehun’s text again and again. Part of me wanted to reply him like the last whole week was not big deal but on the other side I felt self-pity for suffering all the anxiety and sadness. It felt like I was too excited about everything that happened between us so when he slowed thing down, I fell behind.

I put back the phone into the pocket without replying Sehun. Minseok was right, I needed some rest to calm myself down and thought about my feeling properly before talking back to Sehun. Giving your heart a break was not a bad idea, right?