He's worth it!

Exo - K, Saranghaja!

 

Sehun took a sip on his drink when he finished the story, looking nervously at Kai, who was leaning his head on the wall, closed his eyes a little bit.

“I know you hate my comment but was he that oblivious? He didn’t recognize you in the first place?”

Across the bed, Sehun put down the cup which is now mostly empty

 “He was new in Seoul with more important issues to concern. And that also meant we are not that famous. Besides, is that really the matter right now? I don’t need your opinion on that.” 

Kai straightened his back, he wanted to look more serious. After all, Sehun was trusted him enough to reveal his secret and asked for his help. He didn’t want to make his best friend down. It’s not like he had much experience in this field but at least he’s a bystander, he could see things objectively.

“Okay, so let me make it clear. You like him but you don’t know if he feels the same way or not. You avoided his call and message for almost a week and it’s eating you inside. You’re scared of ruining your image if people find out. And you want my opinion for what you should do for this situation, am I right?”

Sehun nodded at everything Kai had just pointed out. This was the first time he had feeling for someone that much and it turned out so complicated. It’s not against any particular rule the company had established but it’s not normal either. He didn’t want to miss the chance to find the love of his life (yes, he thought Luhan could be the one). Although they didn’t have much time bonding but something about Luhan made Sehun’s heartbeat racing crazy even through their messages or calls. They had so much in common and still Sehun found Luhan so special. On the other hand, he was afraid of his image being crashed down.  It might be affected the whole group as well.

“Is he worthy, Sehun?” Kai cut his thoughts.

The maknae’s brows met in confusion. While he tried to comprehend his hyung’s question, Kai cut him off again

“I mean, you just met him. Don’t get me wrong, I had no doubt in your feeling. But, it definitely gives you some issues if you keep on falling for him or even involve in a relationship with him. You think he’s worth for you to take this risk?”

Sehun bit his lips, totally deep in his thoughts. But he couldn’t think it straight. Luhan’s face kept popping in his head. Sehun opened his mouth and let out a sigh.

“How can I explain it to you?” he gulped “Do you remember the last test before being chosen into Exo-k?”

Kai nodded blankly, tried to read his dongsaeng’s face expression.

“They gave us a video of new choreography and three days of practice without any instruction. We glued our eyes to the screen for almost half of day, pressed pause and replay button countless times, tried to capture every little move.”

“Yeah, I remember all of that.” Kai tightened the pillow against his chest, the best memories from pre-debuted day rushed back “We didn’t sleep at all, practised until we couldn’t stand. Even when I closed my eyes, that dance steps kept going on and on. But in the end, I knew it’s worth our effort. I never felt happy and enjoyable like that… Oh, I see what you want to say.” He gasped, didn’t think the maknae had this kind of feeling.

Sehun smiled softly at Kai, glad that he wasn’t wrong when decided to talk to his best friend. Kai always knew him too well to say much.

“Luhan is like that dance hyung.”

They stayed in silent for some good minutes. Kai lay down on the bed, back of his hand on forehead. He had to think carefully before giving any advice to his dongsaeng. He could see that Sehun was really serious about that Luhan guy. But his career and his future were important as well. Kai got up, looked at his friend in the eyes before asking the question that he thought was all the matter.

“You have to think carefully before answer me, okay.” he waited for Sehun to nod. “When you think about your future, is he there?”

Sehun pursed his lips, halting “Actually, I didn’t think about it yet”, he paused a second “but I want him be there.”

It’s true. Sehun was too young to think about his further future. He was on the stage of focusing on his career. He wasn’t supposed to fall for someone right now. To make it worse, he surely knew his parents would freak out and grandma would have a heart attack when he told them about this. But he couldn’t get Luhan out of his mind.

Kai clapped his hand happily, earning a startle from Sehun

“Then the problem solved. But we have to make plan to work thing out. You don’t know what he thinks about you yet, so we need to go step by step. And don’t worry about the whole image thing. They won’t know a thing if you’re careful. Besides, I think it would be a big deal if it’s a girl instead.”

Sehun laughed at the last sentence. It’s true too. If he went out with a boy, people might think it’s his friend or relatives. But if it’s a girl then they would immediately assume his girlfriend and his fan would be much scarier.

“So what do you think I should do now?” Sehun his lips nervously.

“Well let me meet him first to see if he’s interested in you or not. If it goes well, I’ll ditch out and let you two have a date.”

Sehun blushed at the thought of his date with Luhan. This idea was not bad at all.

“Okay, I’ll text him to set it up. Our schedule was like hell lately.” Sehun started working on his phone.

Kai chuckled and ruffled Sehun’s hair before getting out of the bed, heading to his room.

“Hyung!”

Kai stopped at the door “Uhm?”

“Do you think I’m disgusting?” Sehun mumbled

It took Kai 5 seconds to understand what his friend meant. He looked back at the maknae with love in his eyes “Why should I? You just being yourself. And I love you for that.” He winked at Sehun “Well, not that way though. I like girl.” He grinned.

Sehun smiled at Kai’s joke and shyly said “Thank you.”

“By the way, your free bubble tea voucher is going to be expired soon so use it wisely maknae.”

“I will, hyung, I will.”