Signal

Exo - K, Saranghaja!

Sehun’s POV

I just got out of KBS building when I heard my phone ringing. I bit my lips as I saw the ID’s name. What else do you want?

“Hello?” I picked up after receiving some annoyed look from people around.

“Sehun ah, are you finished?” Kai’s voice was kind of weird. It’s low and sad.

“Yeah hyung. I’m on the way back.” I said while looking around to find my car.

“Oh, okay. Err….”

I could feel hesitation in his voice “What happened hyung? You seem nervous.”

“Ani, everything is fine.” he paused a second “Just…forget it. I’ll talk to you later at dorm.”

He suddenly hung up, didn’t leave me a chance to say anything. I stood still and stared at my phone. I already had tons of pressure this week, not to mention of mental headache named Luhan. Speaking of the devil, I missed him like hell. I decided to confess to him this weekend. I didn’t care if he hated me or he’s straight or whatever, I had to let this feeling out of me. It’s been weighing down on me so long, I went crazy now. Besides, my hyungs were suffered enough, I was lucky they haven’t kicked me out of dorm yet. But why did Kai call? Urghhh, he’d better got a good reason for hanging me there like that.

Another ringing from my phone pulled me out of my thoughts. It’s Luhan. Oh my god, it’s LUHAN.

“He..llo”

 Why you sputtered!

“Sehun ah, it’s me Luhan.” his angelic voice sent me to nine cloud.

I’m so falling into you Luhan.

“Hi hyung. How are you doing?”

“I’m okay. Just call to congrat you on great performance with BoA. I’m so proud of you.” I could feel he was smiling.

“Oh thanks hyung.”I said shyly but then realized that’s weird. The show was not broadcasted yet, how could he know I did great. And BAM it hit me.

“You came?”

I heard he giggle “Of course I came. How could I miss your special stage?”

“Where are you now?” I asked and looked around as if he was right behind me.

“I’m back to the Moon. I asked Minseok to cover up for me earlier. Okay, Nina noona was staring at me. I’m gonna hang up now Sehun ah.” he whispered, clearly didn’t want anyone hear my name.

“Wait!” I exclaimed “I want to talk to you… about us” I said with a halt “in private.”

“Oh…okay”

“Do you know anywhere that we won’t be disturbed?” I scratched my neck, blushing as the image of two of us alone.

“If you don’t mind you can come to my apartment. My roommate is always out of town the whole weekend.” He offered

I nodded, then realized that he couldn’t see me, I added

“That sounds good for me. I’ll check my schedule and text you the date.”

“Okay, I’ll give you the address later. Err..seriously got to go Sehun ah. My forehead is going to have a hole with noona’s gaze. Bye you.”

I chuckled and bit him a goodbye. My mood was literally going up fast. I couldn’t stop smiling. Manager hyung gave me a grumble at being late for group practice but I just shrugged it off. I actually made some jokes and earned the members’ laughter. I totally forgot asking about Kai’s phone call earlier.

The members were glad that I was back to normal but couldn’t help but giving me questioning look. I noticed they whispered to each other behind my back but chose to turn into a deaf ear. I didn’t want to answer them anything before talking to Luhan. Whether it came out good or bad, I would face it like a man. Well maybe I had to borrow Kai’s shoulder to cry on or Suho hyung comfort at night to sleep if Luhan rejected me, but still I would face it.

Suho hyung told me that we had a full Saturday but schedule on Sunday would end at about 7pm if we’re lucky. That would be a little late for me to go out. I had to come up with a good lie. I quickly texted Luhan to set up our date.

To: Xiao Lu

Hyung, I’ll be free at 8pm on Sunday. But I got to have a convincing reason to go out alone at that time. You have any idea?”

I pressed send button and lay down on my bed, holding the phone up to my chest, waiting for his reply. I heard someone was chitchatting right outside my room and somehow my name was in their conversation. I got up to come near the door and opened it to see three of my hyungs standing in a circle.

“What are you doing here?” I opened the door wide

They were a little startled at the sudden open door but quickly calmed down when saw it was me. Kai his hair slightly then moved toward me with a serious face.

“Can we talk?” He gripped both of my shoulder.

“Jesus, you’re scaring me. What’s up? Was that the same thing you wanted to ask me before?” I tried to cool down the atmosphere.

“It would be better if we talk in your room.” Baekhyun expressed his opinion.

“Okay.” I stepped aside for them to enter my room. Chanyeol gave me a pat before following Baekhyun. I closed the door and leaned my back on it. My members all sat on the bed, two on mine while the other one found himself comfortably settle down on Suho’s.

“I’m listening.” I cleared my throat.

“First of all, you should know that we all care about you and want you to be happy.” Chanyeol used his deep voice to warm up the room.

“I know and I really appreciate.” I couldn’t agree more.

“So you don’t have to pretend that nothing happened and try to smile for us. We know that you’re hurt.” Beakhyun looked at me deep in the eyes.

“Just let it out, friend. Don’t hold it inside you.” Kai finished their lines.

I stood there still, trying to understand what they really wanted to talk me into.

“Sorry guys but you lost me. I don’t get it.” I shook my head in confusion.

 “Well, we knew about it.” Kai turned to the other two to earn their knowingly nod, signaled him to continue “We talked to Luhan and he made it clear that he didn’t like you.”

“What? When?” I gasped

“You don’t know?” they said in unision.

“Well, this afternoon. We went there on break time.” Baekhyun gulped. “Please don’t get mad. We just wanted to help you.”

Kai nodded in agreement “I asked him if you were more than a friend to him and he said he had nothing to do with you.”

I pursed my lips, tried not to let out a sigh “He said that? And I was planning on confessing to him. How idiot am I…” I mumbled the last part.

They rushed to my side, hugging me gently “We’re sorry, Sehun ah.”

I shook my head, pushed them off me slightly “I’m okay. I just need to be alone.”

They sent me sympathetic look before made their moves out of the room. I kept my head down, eyes on the floor but I couldn’t see anything clearly because of the blur vision. I fished out the phone in my pocket. There’s nothing from Luhan yet. I clenched my fist unconsciously until I felt it’s hurt. So this was what it felt like, being rejected. I should have known it from the beginning. But why he came to support me? Why he and off the signal all the time? Why he made me raise my hope and then acted like nothing happened?