Trouble-maker

Exo - K, Saranghaja!

Moon Bubble Tea was just a small shop but famous for its milk tea drink. However, the reason why people came here not only for a drink but also got a chance to see their idols. The shop was located two blocks away from the SME building which meant many artists from there would come here for a drink or cheese cake. Some idols had become patrons, including EXO-K. They stopped by almost everyday, bought some take-out then left with huge crowd of fans surrounded. Sometimes, the members would stay and enjoyed their drink while chitchatting. It’s quite normal to see their presence but it’s so weird when three members gathered at a table, whispering to each other while glanced at the counter repeatedly.

Minseok was cleaning the floor with a mop when he sensed someone staring at him. He looked over his shoulder toward the gaze’s direction to see three boys with their heads huddled together. Today was Friday and it’s also the Music Bank show day so the shop was pretty deserted. Luhan had called him this morning to ask him to cover for him in two or three hours because Sehun would perform with BoA today and Luhan wanted to come there to support his friend. Minseok knew about Luhan’s crush on that kid from the very first day. Minseok thought it wouldn’t last long cuz Sehun was too busy with his career but it turned out more than just a crush. Luhan was crazy about that kid and it looked like Sehun felt the same way too. If you didn’t have feeling for someone, you wouldn’t call and text at that frequency. He’s an idol for the God sake and they just met like three months ago. The only one who couldn’t see it was Luhan. He was too oblivious. Although he came from an upper class family, he was brought up pretty well. He could be a spoiled brat with that money but he didn’t. He was caring, polite and helped people without any hesitation. Minseok admired Luhan a lot. That’s why he was irritated with Sehun when the younger gave Luhan a cold shoulder the last whole week. But what could he do, Sehun was an idol and it’s Luhan’s choice to fall for him.

Minseok let out a long sigh when the thought of his friend came across. He walked behind the counter and sent another look toward the three boys table.

“What the hell are they looking at?” he mumbled. He recognized the EXO-K members were sitting there but shrugged it off and went back to his job.

From their table, Kai, Chanyeol and Baekhyun could observe the waiter with a clear view. They had half hour break from practice and decided to go here to see Sehun’s friend. Sehun went to KBS this morning so they were free to carry out their plan without the maknae’s inquisitive look.

“Are you sure this is Luhan?” Chanyeol whispered, pointed the guy who was cleaning the floor.

“Of course, Sehun told me he works here 3 days a week and Friday is his shift” Kai’s voice sounded well-grounded. “And apart from Nina noona, I don’t see anyone else so it must be him.”

“He doesn’t look like Chinese though” Baekhyun commented.

Three of them glanced back the waiter again.

“Who cares?” Kai said in annoyance, clearly still mad at Baekhyun.

“Will you drop that? He heard us talking and I had no choice.” Baekhyun barked “Besides, I already admitted my fault to D.O without mention of you. What else do you want?”

Kai’s face was brightened “Really? You confessed to D.O hyung?”

“Yes, of course.” Baekhyun threw a curious look to Chanyeol “You didn’t tell him that?”

Chanyeol rolled his eyes, pretended to be innocent

“Wasn’t it supposed to be a secret?”

“You evil!!”  they both exclaimed.

 “No, I’m Happy Virus.” Chanyeol grinned big. “Anyway, back to the main point. Judging from his look, he seems nice but still, I couldn’t understand why Sehun fell for him.”

Kai his hair “Maknae has his particular tatse!”

The other two stayed silent but nodded in agreement.

“Okay, here what we’re gonna do.” Chanyeol continued “Kai, you approach the target, talk to him and find out what he’s thinking about our Sehun.”

“Why me?” Kai protested

“Because…”Chanyeol tried to find some good reasons to convince the younger do the hardest task “You’re his best friend and you don’t want him to get hurt”

“Same as you two”

Chanyeol smacked Kai’s shoulder

“Don’t jump down my throat, I’m not finished!” he then lowered his voice “Besides, you’re y and have charming smile that no one can’t resist.”

“I’m not going to flirt with him, you know.” Kai narrowed his brows.

“Whatever” Chanyeol threw his arms in the air “Just go!”

“Wait, you have to find a reason to go there” Baekhyun added “Our fans are watching.” he did a quick scan around the shop.

Kai rubbed his temple for a moment before claps his hands in excitement “Got it!”

The youngest quickly got up from his seat and stepped towards the counter. He coughed to gain the waiter’s attention.

“Uhmm, excuse me. I would like one bubble tea take out.”

Minseok flashed his usual welcome smile “Which flavor please?”

“It’s for Sehun. You know his favorite flavor right.” Kai winked.

Minseok’s smile dropped as Sehun’s name mentioned, he put on his poker face

“Of course. He’s our patron. So I take one chocolate bubble tea order right?”

“That’s right.” Kai smirked “So to you he’s just a patron or more?”

Minseok stopped writing on the order notebook, looked up and wrinkled up his forehead.

“What do you mean?”

Kai tried to speak casually “Well, you know, like more than a friend.”

Minseok was dazed in a second but then leaned forward, his hands on the counter bar. He spoke as clear as he could, making it obvious that he didn’t have time for this kind of chitchatting

“Look, I don’t know what you are talking about but I have nothing to do with that kid. Now if you excuse me, I’ll go make your drink.”

Kai stood there for a minute, didn’t know how to react. Before he knew, Minseok came back and put a bubble tea cup on the bar.

“Here you are. It’s $1.5 please.”

“So…you don’t like Sehun?” Kai stuttered, handing the money.

Minseok pushed the cup towards Kai “This is fan’s research or what?” he mumbled “Anyway, I’m not anti him or anything if that’s what you want to know.”

Minseok flashed a goodbye smile and gave Kai a signal to move out of the line before sending greeting to another customer. The younger boy stepped aside hesitantly, giving the latter last weird look before walking to his previous table where his hyungs were waiting. 

“So?” Baekhyun pulled Kai sit down.

“He seemed pissed off when I asked him about Sehun.” Kai concluded.

“Oh, poor Sehun!” the hyungs said in unsion.

“But something doesn’t feel right.” Kai wrinkled his brows.

“What is it?”

Kai leaned on his chair, tilted his head slightly

“I have the feeling that he didn’t quite understand what I was saying.”

“He’s an adult for God’s sake.” Baekhyun snorted “And how hard your question can get by the way?”

“Besides, from what we were seeing, he didn’t look happy talking to you either.” Chanyeol added.

The main dancer paused a little then shrugged his shoulder “Forget it. It’s just one-of-the-moment feeling.” He fished out his phone and exclaimed “, we’re late. Let’s go guys.”

They quickly got out of the shop, heading back to the company. Behind the counter, Minseok watched the three younger boys hurry off with a curious look on his face. The conversation with Kai earlier did make him uncomfortable. He regretted not asking Kai to pass his words to Sehun for stopping playing with Luhan’s heart and if he liked Luhan then be a man and confessed already. Minseok let out a small sigh, mumbled something inaudible and back to his work.