Sehun & Kai

Exo - K, Saranghaja!

A/N. I intended to save myself some chapters in case I had no time to update. But part of me was eager to post everything I got.

After fighting (with myself and lost :D), here I am, double update for you guys. ENJOY!!

------------------

Third person’s POV

There were two things you should know about Sehun: dancing and bubble tea.

He didn’t fall in love with dancing at the first place like Kai. He started practicing some simple moves with his friends in junior high and found it more and more interesting everyday since then. Before he knew it, he ended up dancing nonstop in practice room until he couldn’t feel his legs. Suho once scolded him for staying up too late and making everyone worried. They said he’s a good dancer but he couldn’t agree. He wanted to be perfect.

Bubble tea was another story. They became friend since he was little. It’s the only thing that made him stopped crying immediately. s still don’t understand why he’s so excited about bubble tea but they all said his expression was precious when he enjoyed his favorite beverage. There were countless times manager hyung had to cut him off bubble tea because of his sugar overdue concern. They said bubble tea was Sehun’s obsession.

Therefore when Sehun said no to an invitation for bubble tea from Kai after their practice, they were kind of shocked.

“What’s wrong buddy?” Chanyeol hit Sehun’s shoulder lightly when Sehun was gathering his stuff into backpack.

Sehun just casually shrugged “Nothing. I just don’t feel like going.”

D.O quickly rushed over, checking Sehun’s forehead with his palm “You don’t have fever. Are you sure you’re okay?”

Sehun winced “I’m fine!! Just bubble tea, it’s no big deal guys.” then turned away off to the entrance.

The hyungs looked at each other with the same face expressions. They couldn’t believe what they heard. Bubble tea. No big deal. Are you kidding???

 Because of bubble tea, Suho was given a cold shoulder for a week when he tried to stop Sehun from drinking too much. Because of bubble tea, D.O was dragged out of bed at nearly 6 a.m when they had full schedule and Sehun insisted that he needed energy for the whole day. Because of bubble tea, Baekhyun was scolded for gaining weight after going out with Sehun in 2 weeks. So when it came to bubble tea, it was freaking big deal.

Kai broke the silence among them “As much as I’m glad my money is safe, I couldn’t help but feel a bit worried about him.”

Baekhyun nodded in agreement “He’s hiding something from us!”

“Well, we will find out it later”, Suho butted in “Manager hyung is waiting. Let’s head back dorm!”

They grabbed their bags and left the room in turn, still in their own thoughts about maknae’s behavior earlier.

Two days later, Kai tried to offer Sehun again when they were eating breakfast at dining table, talking about their schedule. The maknae was quite excited today cuz EXO-K was invited to perform at a basketball opening ceremony and he was chosen to shoot the first two balls. He played basketball with s whenever they had free time so he was pretty confident to make good impression on the audiences.

“So Sehun, what do you say we stop by Moon Bubble Tea on the way back?” Kai said, still digging his cereal.

Sehun immediately straightened his face “Uhm...sorry but I have another plan hyung. You can ask D.O hyung if you want.” he pointed his thumb back to the named boy who was washing dishes.

Hearing his name, D.O looked back “What?”

Kai quickly waved off his hand with a grin “Nothing! Keep washing, umma!!”, then mouthed to D.O Talk to you later.

Everyone fell into awkward silence until Sehun’s phone buzzing and Sehun rushed into his room for private conversation.

“I need to find out what’s going on. It’s kind of bugging me now”. Kai’s voice was full of determination.

D.O sat down next to him, cleaned his hands with a towel “What if he doesn’t want to tell you?”

“He will. I’m his brother. We all are. We’re supposed to help each other.” Kai pouted.

 “Okay, okay. Don’t make that face. It doesn’t fit you.” D.O patted his back slightly “So what are you gonna do?”

“I will have a man-to-man talk with him tonight”, Kai said firmly, “And Suho hyung, I’m kind of using your room for a while”

“Have at it!!” Suho shrugged.

Later that night, Sehun was strolling on his laptop when he heard a knock. He looked up to find Kai’s head poking into his room. Kai opened the door and walked to Sehun’s bed with two bubble tea cups in his hands. Kai handed one cup to Sehun, smile brightly “For you!!”

Sehun wide opened his eyes, hesitated to grab his favorite drink. He could see something in Kai’s smile, after two times being rejected, of course his hyung had tons of questions in mind. Sehun took a sip of bubble tea. Heaven!!! He missed this smell, this taste so much. But he couldn’t take the risk to go there. He had to think it through before making any decision. Sehun glanced back to Kai who was observing him carefully. Should he ask for his hyung’s opinion?

Kai moved closer to Sehun, leaned his back to the wall comfortably before breaking the silence.

“So staying at dorm is your plan?”

Sehun took another sip of bubble tea, eyes still on screen “Not really. I still figure out what my plan is.”

Kai let out a small “Oh” not knowing what to do. His first intention was to confront to Sehun about his weird behavior lately. But now he was lost for word. It’s Sehun’s life and he had no right to meddle in. It’s just…he felt like he didn’t know his best friend any more and he missed him. From trainee time, Sehun and Kai always sticked to each other. You would find them dance together, eat together, sometimes take a bath together. They had no secrets, one would be the first to cry on when the other had problem. That’s why Kai felt so left out lately and frankly it’s hurt.

Kai sighed again, silently drank his bubble tea. Maybe he should wait until Sehun was ready to tell him what’s on his mind.