Rehearsal

Exo - K, Saranghaja!

“Sehun ah, are you sure this is enough” Luhan tilted his head to hold the phone between his ear and shoulder, checking the stuffs that he just bought.

“You got all the flavors I told you right?” Sehun asked with a catch in his voice as if he was eating snack.

“Uhm, chocolate, mango, vanilla and taro” he listed “But shouldn’t I bring something more specific?”

“Nahh, they love ice cream. Besides, D.O hyung will be mad if you bring something more delicious than his food…Ouch!!!”

“What was that?” Luhan released his shoulder to hold the phone by his hand.

“D.O hyung just hit me with a spatula. He forced us to work like slaves in the kitchen for one hour now”

“Yah OH SEHUN!” D.O’s voice interrupted their chitchat.

Luhan giggled, he couldn’t wait to meet Sehun’s hyungs. From what he heard from Sehun, they were really noisy and mischievous but he could feel that they all loved and cared for each other.

“Okay, hyung. I should go before got hit again” Sehun whispered “I’ll see you at 7.”

“Okay. See you then.”

Luhan checked the time on his phone, he had more 2 hours to prepare himself. He plopped his back on the bed, a smile never left him since yesterday. Sehun had phoned him to arrange this appointment. Actually they both planned about this day before but their schedule hardly came across, especially with all the extra practice for SM town concert which took place in Taiwan few days ago. Sehun had to refill Minho’s position in some of Shinee’s performances so he put more effort in practice room. The concert ended yesterday and they got no schedule so far, that’s why Exo-k members suggested inviting Luhan to come over to have dinner. Luhan tried hard not to squeal like a fangirl when Sehun told him. It’s not like he was a huge fan of Exo-k or anything but this would be a rare chance he actually spent time with Sehun. It has been almost a month since the singer confessed to him and they only saw each other at the Moon several times. To make it worse, Exo-k’s fans were really crazy about their idols. Sehun once took advantage of the chaos to drag Luhan into the bathroom and gave a quick kiss to the older. Although Luhan always assured Sehun that he was totally okay with this situation, a part of him couldn’t help but feel sad for not seeing Sehun as much as he wanted.

Luhan sat back from the bed and opened his phone to see Sehun’s big grin on the screen. That was a seldom pic Sehun had took by Luhan’s phone with a note “You can kiss me any time you want hyung”

“You have the best smile in the world, you know that?”

Luhan mumbled to himself and then leaned in.

************

D.O was choping some carrots when he felt a hand tap his shoulder.

“Where are the boys?” Suho peeked over.

“I kicked them out” D.O answered without looking up.

“Why?”

The younger sighed and stepped aside, giving the leader full view of what his dongsaengs had left.

“Oh my god, they did that?” Suho covered his mouth, pointing a mess of weird sharp carrots and sweet potatoes.

D.O nodded slightly, focused on what he was doing. s were useless in kitchen. He didn’t know what kind of charm they put on the stage but when the make-up was gone, they were just KIDS.

“You want me to help with something?” Suho cut off his thoughts.

D.O put carrots and sweet potatoes into the big boiling pot in front of him.

“Nah, I’m almost done.”

Suho started checking on the menu for dinner, his voice clearly had a bit of disappointment.

“You don’t make spaghetti?”

The younger shook his head, even though spaghetti was his strength but since Luhan was someone special, D.O wanted to make things different.

“No, I thought it would be better if we had some Korean dishes so I made kimchi soup, chicken curry and cooked rice.”

The leader pursed his lips, decided to leave it to the main chef when something caught his eyes.

“Wow, that smells good!”

“You know, I was worried a bit.” D.O tasted his curry before added last ingredient.

“Don’t worry, it tastes good too.”

“I’m not talking about my food” D.O slapped off Suho’s hand, which was holding a spoon and digging into kimchi soup “and stop eating on the sly!”

“Ouch, you are mean in the kitchen you know that.” Suho frowned

D.O turned off the cooker, silently moved to the dining table and sat down on his usual spot. Suho gave him a glass of water and took the opposite seat.

“Was it about Sehun?”

D.O nodded, his finger trailed around the glass in his hand

“It’s so complicated and we don’t know if Luhan is a good guy or not. With a gap of 4 years, he must have had much more experience than our maknae, and God knows he’s with Sehun now because of him or his fame.”

Suho leaned in, pressed his chest against the edge of the table.

“We’ll see it soon D.O ah. By the way, I believe that Sehun chose the right person. He’s never been that happy before.”

The younger boy let out a sigh

 “Hope so, hyung.”

***

Luhan stood nervously in front of Exo-k’s dorm, holding tight a big bag of ice cream in his hand. He inhaled a long breath to gain all the courage before pressing the door bell. He had had a hard time at the security desk because apparently in order to get here, he had to be someone else, and in this case, Sehun’s cousin. Sehun had explained due to their celebrity tenants’ safe and privacy, they had to check on every one who wanted to contact with special guest on the list, which included Exo-k. After receiving confirmation from Exo-k member, the security guy handed back Luhan his ID and gave him direction. Luhan bowed politely before getting in the elevator, his heartbeat still raced fast, not only because of the pressure of his play role but also his meeting with the second family of Sehun was just in a minute.

Luhan pursed his lips, checking his appearance again with his phone. He didn’t wait long before the main door open, revealed a warm smile greeting him.

“Hello, you must be Luhan. Come on in please.” Suho let the door wide open.

Luhan bowed in response, stepped inside. Now he could see three more heads behind Suho’s figure.

“Hello, I’m Luhan. Nice to meet you.” he handed Suho his bag “I asked Sehun if I could bring something and he said that you guys love ice cream so…”

Chanyeol quickly moved out of his hidden spot, yanked the bag off Suho and huddled with Kai and Baekhyun.

“Boys, behave!” Suho yelled but his voice was disappeared into the noise three of his dongsaengs making

“Wow, you bought our favorite. Thanks!”

“Look Baekkie, mango for you.”

“No, I want that vanilla one.”

“Nuh-uh, it’s mine.”

“No one eats ice cream before dinner!” D.O shouted from the kitchen.

The boys groaned in protest when Suho took the ice cream out of their hands and put back in the bag.

“You heard that? Now greet Luhan ssi properly!”

They turned back to their guest, who was amused by the scene he had saw.

“Hello Luhan ssi, I’m…”

But before any of them could finish their words, Sehun appeared and pushed them aside, dragging Luhan along to the living room while mumbling

“Aishh, I told you, hyung. They are so disorder.”