Discovering Sungmin's reasons

Going on vacation together

 

It was 4 am. They were still lying on Eunhyuk’s bed all cuddled up without any sleep. Kyuhyun was up and down his monkey’s back while Eunhyuk was listening to his boyfriend’s heartbeat.

“I still can’t believe that Sungmin-Hyung reacted like this. I need to know why he reacted this way.”

“I don’t know either, Kyuhyunnie. I really don’t know why he could have reacted this way… but maybe you should talk to him alone since you are really close.”

“You think so? I would actually prefer it if we would do it together…”

“Are you scared of talking to him?” The maknae stayed quiet for a bit.

“I am… I just don’t get it, you know. We have always been close and he really cared for me, and you of course. But we shared a room and so many thoughts and now he reacts this way?”

“You were really thinking that Donghae would be the one that would be the most complicated about all this, didn’t you?”

“I did. But the way that he was talking about all that happened between the two of us… It’s incredible that it was really actually him that noticed everything as the first person. He is normally so damn slow when it comes to reading moods. I mean, we just have to think about the fight we had about a year ago at Inkigayo.”

“You don’t have to tell me about that. I still can’t believe that it was me who was seen as the easiest victim for Leeteuk-Hyung again. Why am I always seen as the easiest target?”

“Trust me, we will change this image of yours now. But it’s easy to choose you because you are the skinny guy and you are such a kind-hearted guy on top of it. Everyone knows that you keep most of your feelings inside. You show more to us, but it’s still not enough. And you don’t want to hurt anyone even if they hurt you. So if you have to choose someone to let all your frustration out, it’s you who everyone would choose…”

“Everyone but you, I hope. You will have to hold yourself back a bit from now on. Remember that.”

“You really are scared that I won’t hold back my teasing from now on, aren’t you?”

“I am but since I know that you love me, I would be able to take it. At least that’s what I like to believe. But it actually might hurt me a bit more. I don’t know but I hope we won’t have to discover the truth about that too soon.”

“I’ll definitely try to hold myself back, Hyung. But you know to get back to the fight of last year. We both were the victims back then. I didn’t know that you were already teasing Leeteuk-Hyung this much and then I am the one that got hit.”

“I got hit as well. But I should have warned you that Leeteuk-Hyung would get really mad because of what we have done to him before you got back.”

“It’s in the past, Monkey. Don’t worry about it. But it’s really weird how such a small thing can turn into such a fight. What if we wouldn’t have been able to get over it? What if we would have separated back then? I wouldn’t know what I should do then… I would be without you and all this wouldn’t have happened.”

“Hey, it’s like you said. It’s all in the past. We are here now and this will be the start of something great. So let’s stay more positive. But when do you want to talk to Sungmin-Hyung about everything? Doesn’t he have to leave this morning for Japan because of his musical?”

“He has. I don’t know when his flight is actually. Maybe we should take a look if he is already awake. Are you up for it? Or are you too tired to cope with everything?”

“I don’t want to leave you alone for this talk. Let’s do it then.” Eunhyuk lifted his head and kissed his boyfriend. “I needed this for some more strength. But now let’s really get up and see if we can talk to him already about everything.” And so they really got up and saw that there was light in the room that Sungmin and Kyuhyun shared. Both were really nervous and it took the Maknae quite a lot of inner strength to actually lift his hand and knock on the door. Even though there was no response from inside, he carefully opened the door.

“Sungmin-Hyung? Can we come in and talk to you?”

“What is there to talk about? Did you think everything through and got your senses back?” Kyuhyun and Eunhyuk were already taken aback again. There was so much coldness coming from their Hyung. The singer searched for his boyfriend’s hand and when he got it, squeezed it tightly. “I see, you haven’t gotten your senses back. What the hell did Eunhyuk do to you Kyu? How could he make you fall for his lies and his… I mean he is the anchovy of all of us and you want to tell me that you fall for him? Him out of all of us?” Kyuhyun was surprised by this statement.

“Are you jealous, Sungmin-Hyung? Are you jealous that we have both found someone that loves the other? I’m sure that you will find someone that loves you from the bottom of her heart really soon. I mean you are such a nice guy and you have so many good sides to you, so…”

“Don’t talk like that. That is not why I am telling you this. There is no way that this thing between you two can be true love or whatever you actually think this is. I just don’t get it why you think that you love each other all of the sudden now.”

“It’s not all of a sudden, Hyung. I loved him ever since the accident and my almost dying but never had the courage to confess to him.” Kyuhyun was squeezing Eunhyuk’s hand even more so that it almost hurt the dancing machine. Hyukjae took his free hand and over Kyuhyun’s arm to calm him down. The dancing machine didn’t want to talk because he was afraid of hurting his Hyung although Sungmin was hurting both of them even more.

“You want to tell me that you are in love with him for four years now?”

“Yes Hyung. This is actually what I want to tell you. I love him from the bottom of my heart. Why is this so hard for you to believe? Normally you always trust me from the first second on. What happened to us that made you change this at a moment like this?”

“I…” Sungmin seemed to get really quiet and shy now.

“So there is something that happened to make you change, right? What happened while we were in Greece that you reacted like this now? Is there a girl that rejected you and you don’t like to see us happy now in front of your eyes. We can hold the happy couple back a bit in front of you if you don’t want to see us like this. There is absolutely no problem with that for us, right Monkey?” Eunhyuk just shook his head but something told the dancing machine that that wasn’t the reason why their Hyung had been acting like this ever since their confession.

“I just never thought that you would love Hyukjae, you know… I always thought that you loved someone else… and it… took me by surprise and I didn’t want to believe that it is true what you were telling us. There just couldn’t be a way that that is the truth…”

“Who did you think that I would love then? Changmin-Hyung or who else?” Eunhyuk and Sungmin were both looking at the Maknae surprised. “What? There are a lot of fans out there that love to ship me with Changmin. I mean he is part of Kyuline, right?” The dancing machine giggled quietly while Sungmin was shaking his head in disbelief.

“You really didn’t get it, did you? Did you really never notice anything?”

“What do you mean, Hyung? What should I have noticed? Do you know someone that has fallen in love with me?” Sungmin nodded and looked away? “Really? Who was it or better said is it?”

“Hyung… do you love Kyuhyunnie? I mean like really love Kyuhyunnie?” Again the oldest in the room just nodded and played with his hands nervously. The maknae couldn’t believe it.

“You love me? But why did you never tell me anything? I mean we lived together for years in one room and we talked about our feelings a lot and…”

“You never told me that you loved Eunhyuk and you… we are really close and always have been, right? I thought that you would feel the same way about me because we…”

“Hyung, I truly care about you but I never had such feelings for you. I am sorry if I led you on with anything that I did or said or whatever. I never meant to hurt you or anything but for me there has always only been Eunhyuk-Hyung. He had my heart almost from the beginning. And mianhaeyo for making you feel hurt again by telling you this without any holding back.” Sungmin started crying. Kyuhyun wanted to step forward but was held back by his boyfriend while the oldest in the room held out his hand to stop him.

“Don’t come close to me right no or during the next weeks… I have to think everything through carefully and I need to get over all this first before we can start over again… I thought that we would end up together rather sooner than later and then you just come along after a vacation and tell everyone that you are a couple… I still can’t believe that this is true and not a dream… just leave me alone now… I have to get ready for Japan and I can’t walk around with tears in my eyes in the outside world. We will talk again when I will be back… just don’t say anything anymore now… go…”

“Mianhaeyo Sungmin. I hope you will be able to get over everything soon. Please talk to me again when you will be back.” Kyuhyun wanted to drag his boyfriend with him but Eunhyuk wanted to stay a bit longer to talk with his Hyung face to face.

“I’ll be in my room in five minutes, Kyuhyunnie. Just let me talk to him for a bit.”

“It’s okay, Monkey. But don’t stay too long.” The youngest was whispering because he didn’t want to make things harder for their Hyung as they already were.

“Hyung, I’m sorry that no one of us saw how you felt about our Maknae. We should have been more considerate of all your feelings and shouldn’t have just said it like that. It was unfair towards you and the others as well. But I really love Kyuhyunnie, you know. I want to protect him like no one else and I will make him happy. I promise you this, Hyung.”

“Stop it! Stop pretending to care how I feel about all this and especially stop pretending to love Kyuhyun. He is just a play ball for you because you need someone in your life that makes you feel good! And Kyuhyun is good in doing that! Probably better than anyone else in Super Junior! But there is no way that you really love him with all your heart!”

“Even if you don’t want to believe me or you can’t. I do love him from the bottom of my heart. There is no one like him in this world for me.”

“Do you really still want to make me believe that? Then tell me what you love about him.”

“I love everything about him.” Eunhyuk started smiling and blushed which made him look away shyly. “He is the most amazing person in this world. The first thing that caught my attention was his singing voice of course. It’s so angel-like. And then there is just his character. The way he can think of all those sharp comments in a second. I even like it when he teases me, you know. But I mostly love his laugh and smile about him. The way that he protected me so many times although he had to tell me most of the times over the last days. He did it without me realizing and that made me fall even more for him…”

“Stop it! I don’t want to hear any more! I don’t want to hear your stupid lies! Get out! Get out now!” Eunyhuk was shocked by how harsh Sungmin was talking to him.

“But you…”

“Get out!” Eunhyuk started crying but left the room without saying another word. He tried to calm himself down but there was no stopping his tears. He slid down the wall until he was sitting on the floor. The dancing machine didn’t even realize how his boyfriend came closer to him.

“Monkey? Monkey, what did he say to you? Why are you sitting here crying?”

“He doesn’t believe me… why can’t I make him believe me, Kyuhyunnie?” The maknae sat down next to Hyukjae on the floor and put an arm around his boyfriend’s shoulders.

“What did he say to you exactly?”

“That he wouldn’t believe my lies and that I wouldn’t love you and…”

“I’m going to talk to him again. He can’t treat you like that without consequences.”

“Don’t…” Eunhyuk had felt how his boyfriend’s rage was increasing by the second. That’s why he tried to hold him back. “We shouldn’t make it worse today. Let’s wait till he gets over the first shock and maybe some distance will help him calm down and he will even come to us himself. There is no way that any more talking or whatever you want to do could help us now. It would make things really hard. Trust me in that, Kyuhyunnie.” Kyuhyun kissed his boyfriend on the cheek.

“You are probably right, Monkey. Then let’s go to your room and try to sleep a bit. Sungmin-Hyung will be gone when we will wake up anyways. So there is no way that we will come into his way.”

“And that is probably really the best way everything should go right now. It hurts to see him act like that and I would also like to talk to him again right away to make him believe me… but I…”

“You don’t want to hurt him anymore… I get it, Monkey. Come on, let’s get up.” Kyuhyun helped his boyfriend up and arm in arm they went inside the dancing machine’s room and laid down on the bed where they cuddle again right away. That was the best way to give each other strength. This was the start of the real challenge now. They had to make Sungmin believe them about their true feelings. And all that without hurting him even more. But how should they do it? That was the question both of them were asking themselves in their heads.