Meeting #2

It was fated to be...

 

Hey readers ^^

Welcome to the fifth chapter.

I'm very sorry if you've waited a long time; I've been very very busy. D:

Anyway, I don't want to stop you any further.

Please enjoy~

 


 

I dreamt that I had someone to lean on; someone who would pick me up if I fell.

I dreamt that I had someone who cared for me.

I dreamt that he was already by my side.

I dreamt that I was in love.

I dreamt my destiny.

 [The Super Junior Dorm]

Kyuhyun flopped onto the couch, PS3 controller ready in his hand. He had bought a copy of the newly-released sequel to one of his favourite video games. Although Leeteuk didn’t know it, he had secretly sneaked out last night just before dinner to purchase Starcraft II: Wings of Liberty. There, a girl bumped into him before apologising copiously.

Pfft. That girl’s so lucky to have seen me in person, let alone touch me. She didn’t even look grateful, not one bit. Meeting a big star is a once in a lifetime opportunity. But then, I was in disguise...

 It was around 6:00 in the morning, and the other members hadn’t gotten up yet. Kyuhyun decided to test out the new Starcraft game before the others. The game loaded, and he made a new character. After an hour of gaming, Eunhyuk walked in, rubbing his eyes.

“Good morning! Why are you up so early?” asked Eunhyuk, yawning.

Kyuhyun quickly looked up from the TV screen, trying not to get distracted from the game.

“Oh hey Hyukkie hyung.” said Kyuhyun. “Just to test out the new Starcraft game.” he said smugly.

“Hey! Give me a turn!” said Eunhyuk, rushing to the couch. He sat down and pushed up the sleeves of his pyjama shirt.

“Hand it over.” said Eunhyuk, holding out his hand.

“Wait.” replied Kyuhyun, his eyes concentrating on the screen.

“Hand it over...”said Eunhyuk slowly but dangerously. “Give it...”

“Sheesh. Ok ok.” said Kyuhyun giving up. He quit the game and the controller into Eunhyuk’s hands.

“Yay!” said Eunhyuk, and sat back. He made a new character, just as Kyuhyun had done before.

“You know...I met this really weird girl the other day. She was pretty, but pretty in her own way, if you know what I mean.” started Kyuhyun.

Eunhyuk wolf-whistled.

“Who is she?” he asked, still concentrating on the game, forgetting the fact that Kyuhyun hadn’t been anywhere except for Super Junior dance practises all week. “And where did you meet her?”

“I don’t know. I met her at the gaming store...you know, where I bought this game...last night. Anyway, she didn’t recognise me since I was in disguise. If I wasn’t, I reckon she wouldn’t be able to keep her hands off me.” said Kyuhyun.

“Wait...what?” said Eunhyuk. “You went out last night...to buy a game...without asking Teukkie hyung? You told us you were going to stretch your legs on the deck.” He turned around to face Kyuhyun, with a suspicious look on his face..

“Erm...yes...” began Kyuhyun. “I was desperate! You know I’m addicted to Starcraft.”

“Yeah, but that’s no excuse. Teukkie will get pissed, and did you forget that you’re not allowed to go out? Fan girls would be swarming, and you would be in big big big trouble. Thank god no one recognised you.” said Eunhyuk firmly.

“Please don’t tell him.” begged Kyuhyun. “Please...it’ll be our little secret.”

Kyuhyun continued to beg, until Eunhyuk couldn’t take it anymore.

I guess it won’t hurt, just this once.

“Just. This. Once.” sighed Eunhyuk. He went back to his game of Starcraft, with Kyuhyun watching on the side.

[Eun Mi’s house]

Eun Mi opened her eyes and looked at the clock that was on the bedside table next to her.

7:30AM.

She groaned and turned over, pulling her doona over herself. She tried to go back to sleep, but couldn’t. Instead, she lay there thinking.

I wonder what I’ll be doing today...shopping? Exploring? Hmmm...I hope my brother’s doing well...as well as Isabella...I hope Vivian and Hye Ri don’t miss me too much...because I miss them quite a lot. I wonder what they’re doing right now...most probably watching TV or studying or something...

Eun Mi turned back again to look at the clock.

8:00AM.

Time to get up...

She pushed the doona away from her, and stood up, putting her feet into her slippers. By the sounds of it, her mother was already up, making breakfast. Rubbing her eyes, she walked into the living room.

“Good morning omma!” said Eun Mi, stretching her arms.

“Good morning Eun Mi.” replied her mother in the kitchen. “I have to go to work today, so I’ll leave you with a spare key and some money. You can go out whenever you would like. Just come home before dinner time.”

“Ok omma.” said Eun Mi. “I’m going to brush my teeth now.”

She walked back to the bathroom and started to brush her teeth. When she brushed her teeth, she liked to walk around. Standing still felt weird to her.

As she was brushing her teeth, she decided to walk down the hallway. Her dad’s study door was ajar. Curious, she stepped towards it and pushed it open. She walked in, and looked around. Her father still was not home. She sighed. Her father was barely home, even when she and her brother were grown up. She closed the door, and returned to the bathroom where she finished brushing her teeth before washing her face and putting in her contact lenses.

Eun Mi then returned to the living room, where the smell of something delicious wafted around.

“What’s for breakfast?” asked Eun Mi.

“Just some gaeran tost-u.” replied her mother, placing the toasted sandwiches onto plates. “You know the ones you usually get from those street vendors? I decided to make my own version today.”

“Oh. I’ve never tried one.” said Eun Mi sitting down at the dining table.

“You must! It’s delicious.” said her mother, placing the plates on the table.

“Well, it smells delicious.” said Eun Mi happily.

“Eat!” exclaimed her mother, gesturing. She herself picked up her sandwich and took a bite. Eun Mi did the same.

“Wow. It’s yummy.” said Eun Mi.

Her mother nodded in agreement.

“I told you so.” she said. “You should try the ones from the street vendors; they’re pretty good too.”

After they ate, Eun Mi’s mother left for work. Eun Mi had no idea what to do. She sat of the coach, watching some news on the TV before turning it off. She saw the grand piano out of the corner of her eye. Her parents didn’t play the piano; it was most probably only there for decoration purposes.

She walked slowly to the piano, pulled out the seat and sat on it. She opened the piano cover, and glided her fingers over the keys. Her early childhood memories came rushing back to her.  When she was 6, she started to play the piano. Although her mother had to resort to forcing her to practise every day, Eun Mi enjoyed had playing the piano. Now that she had grown up, she had stopped playing the piano, although her love for music had not been extinguished.

She smiled, and began to play a piece that she had learned a long time ago - Pachelbel’s canon in D major. It was still her favourite piece of piano music; she had learnt it when she was 10 and fell in love with it. She found that she could not play it with making a mistake. A little bit frustrated, she left the piano how it was before, and changed out of her pyjamas, ready to head out.

Eun Mi stuffed the money into the wallet and took the keys on the table and walked out the door. She decided she would go shopping and buy her friends some souvenirs. As she walked to the bus stop, she passed by the same gaming shop she’d visited yesterday. Eun Mi scoffed.

Pfft. This place reminds me of that total weirdo I met yesterday. Best not to think about him...but he was a total jerk...just don’t think about him...total jerk...

After catching the bus, she arrived at the local shopping mall.

Wow. It’s huge...I wish the malls back in Australia were this awesome looking.

She entered a music shop where a doorbell rang to signify her presence. The shop stocked from the modern popular music to classical. It also stocked the latest Western music including Lady GaGa, Justin Bieber and P!nk. Eun Mi walked around the store, impressed. Too bad the music stores in Australia didn’t stock K-pop. Although all the products looked enticing, only a few caught her eye - Super Junior posters, Super Junior’s 4th Album - Repackaged and SS501’s new album.

As she stood admiring one of Super Junior’s poster, someone tapped her shoulder.

“Excuse me miss, would you like some help?” asked the shop assistant.

“No thank you. I’m just looking around.” smiled Eun Mi politely.

“Ok. I’ll leave you then.” replied the shop assistant.

“Thank you.”

Eun Mi went back to gazing at the poster. As her eyes met Kyuhyun, she suddenly thought of the man from yesterday.

What the heck Eun Mi...why are you thinking of him right now? He does remind me of Kyuhyun though...Focus. He couldn’t have been Kyuhyun. No way. End of story.

Eun Mi shook her head violently to rid herself of the thought. The shop assistant looked at her with an odd expression. She bought two different posters and for her roommates, a SS501 CD for herself as well as three copies of the new repackaged Super Junior album. She quickly paid for her purchases and hurried out of the door.

Where to go...

The problem with large shopping malls was that you never knew where to go. Eun Mi need up buying an over sized hoodie, a few shirts, a pair of jeans and new Converse shoes.

Hehe...I think I spent too much...I bought so much crap...but hey, Korea has cute clothing. Thankfully mum gave me lots of money.

Eun Mi decided to grab a snack before heading home. She flipped open her phone to check the time.

4:30PM.

She then remembered that her mother had suggested buying from the street vendor. Eun Mi went off to look for one. Finding a street vendor was not hard; they were all over the place.

“One gaerun tost-u please.” said Eun Mi.

The vendor passed her a sandwich while Eun Mi passed him a few notes. Struggling to carry all her shopping bags, she walked to the bus stop while eating her snack.

Mmm...mum wasn’t wrong. This is super yummy. I should buy these more often.

She quickly finished her snack and boarded the bus. After 20 minutes, she arrived at her destination. Eun Mi walked past the gaming shop and to her apartment. She had to force herself not to think about the stranger from yesterday.

Eun Mi made her way up the elevator and to the door. She pulled out her key and opened to the door. Her mother wasn’t home yet. Eun Mi put down all her purchases and took them to her room. A few minutes later, the dingle of keys was audible. The door glided open.

“Eun Mi! I’m home!” said her mother.

Eun Mi walked to the living room.

“Hey mum.” said Eun Mi.

“What did you do today?” asked her mum.

“Just some shopping.” replied Eun Mi.

“Would you like to come grocery shopping with me? I’m not sure what to cook for dinner. And bring an umbrella. I’ve heard it’s about to rain.” said Eun Mi’s mother, gesturing to the cupboard. “Wait a moment. Let me just put down my laptop.”

Eun Mi opened to cupboard and took out a large umbrella.  

“Are you ready?” asked Eun Mi.

Her mother met her at the door, and together they went to the grocery shop using the car. After buying enough groceries to last a whole week, they walked to the outdoor carpark. As predicted, it was raining. Eun Mi drew out the umbrella and held it above her and her mother’s heads. They loaded the car with the groceries.

There, stood a tall hooded figure. He was standing there carelessly, soaked. Eun Mi felt bad for the man.

“Excuse me.” she shouted. “Excuse me. Would you like to stand under my umbrella?”

Eun Mi’s mother stood proudly. Her daughter was always caring, even to strangers.

“Poor young man. He must be very cold. I hope he doesn’t catch a cold.” said her mother.

The man turned around. Eun Mi was shocked. Her eyes widened. It was the same man from yesterday.

Oh crap. It’s that jerk again.

“Um...” said the man. His eyes met Eun Mi’s, and judging by the look on his face, he also recognised her.

“Come on, young man. You’re going to catch a cold.” said Eun Mi’s mother, caringly.

He hesitated before walking over. He may as well, as the woman didn’t look like she was going to give up.

Eun Mi stood frozen.

“Eun Mi. Make room for this nice young man.” said her mother.

Eun Mi coughed awkwardly and listened to her mother. The man moved under her umbrella. The rain fell even harder.

“Oh dear. I don’t’ think the rain’s going to stop.” said Eun Mi’s mother. “Young man, what’s your name?”

“Um. I’m Cho...Jang Ji Wook.” said the man slowly.

“Ok then, Jang Ji Wook.  Would you like to stay at our house? The rain isn’t going to cool off for a while, so it’s better if you do.” said Eun Mi’s mum.

Eun Mi stood there awkwardly.

Oh great. Now this doofus is going to be at my house?

“Um...” he started.

“No need to be shy. Just come, or else you’ll catch a big cold.” said Eun Mi’s mother firmly, and pushed him gently through the car door.

Eun Mi sighed quietly, and sat in the seat next to him.

Eun Mi pretended to be looking somewhere else before unconsciously secretly starting to glance at him. Ji Wook was looking out the window, obviously avoiding Eun Mi. Although it was hard to analyse his features beneath the white surgical mask, she compared him to Kyuhyun.

Holy cow...he looks alot like Kyuhyun. His face shape...eyes...Could it be Kyuhyun? No. No. No. It can’t be. It’s just a look-a-like. Yeah, a look-a-like. That’s it.

“I’m Han Tae Yoon, and that is my daughter, Kim Eun Mi.” explained her mother while driving.

“Nice to meet you.” he replied awkwardly.

Eun Mi sighed. This was going to be one hell of an awkward night.

 


 

NOTE:

Gaerun tost-u - (translates to egg toast) A type of Korean ‘street’ food which is sold by street vendors.

 


 

How did that chapter go? Good? Bad?

Comment below ^^

Oh and, if I make any sort of grammar/spelling mistake, please point it out. :)

Thanks~

I got the rain idea last week at badminton. My friend was talking about walking in the rain or something, so that was the inspiration for this. ^_^

I have planned more awesome 'in the rain' things ;)

Thanks P. 

REMEMBER TO COMMENT!~

Thank you all for reading/commenting/subbing =)

I appreciate it alot. Like way more than you think. xD

Next chapter shall be up soon, so look forward to it!

Peace&Love;

Meggg :)

© meggxzhangster 2010