Day 2

It was fated to be...

Welcome back my readers~

This is my second chapter (:

Enjoy reading~

And thanks for reading ^_^


 

I ran, and ran through the darkness. It was a never ending tunnel of black. I wished there was a light to guide me, to show me where to go; even the smallest shred of light would do. When I tripped, there was no one to help me back up. When I couldn’t see, there was no one to guide me. I wished for someone to be by my side, forever and for always. Once he steps into my life, I will love him and never let him go. But all I can do now is hope for that one person to be decided by fate. He will be my destiny.

Eun Mi opened her eyes and sat up. She rubbed her eyes, before glancing at the clock sitting on the bedside table. It was 7:30AM, which was relatively early for Eun Mi, who definitely wasn’t a morning person.  She yawned, and debated whether she should get up or sleep some more.

After a few minutes of furious arguing in her head, she decided she would get up to get ready for the day ahead. She walked to her suitcase which was sitting in the corner, laid it on its side, and ped it. Since she was going to be moving out into the university’s dormitories soon, she decided that unpacking all her belongings would be too troublesome. Eun Mi opened up her suitcase and chose her outfit for the day - a pair of skinny jeans, her favourite t-shirt and her most cherished pair of Converse. She also grabbed her hair brush and a hairtie which she slipped over her wrist.  

Eun Mi took her clothes to the bathroom, and changed there before brushing her teeth, washing her face and putting in her contact lenses. Then, she took her brush and brushed all the knots out of her hair. Looking refreshed, Eun Mi walked out of the bathroom. Eun Kyung and Isabella were still asleep, so she decided to surprise them by cooking them breakfast. Cooking was one of Eun Mi’s favourite things to do.

She walked into the kitchen, and looked into the fridge.

Potatoes...mushrooms...scallions...large bowl of cold rice...milk...some fruit...container of kimchi...tofu...

What could she make from these ingredients? She peered into the cupboard and found a package of miso soup. She came to the decision of making denjang soup and gamjajeon, accompanied with rice and kimchi. She put on an apron, and pulled her hair back into a pony tail, before getting to work.

First, she was going to make the gamjajeon. She washed and peeled the potatoes, before finely grating them. Then, she took out the mushrooms and scallions, washed them, and cut them into appropriate pieces. After inspecting the cupboards, she found a box of corn starch as well as a box of eggs. She cracked an egg into a bowl, and added the corn starch before mixing. She then added the potato, mushroom and scallion before seasoning it with salt and pepper. Eun Mi the gas, and put a fry pan on the stove top. Pancake after pancake, Eun Mi fried them until they were golden brown and perfect. After they were done, she followed on with the soup and warmed up the rice.

As Eun Kyung and Isabella walked into the dining room, Eun Mi had just finished setting down the meal.

“Come eat!” smiled Eun Mi happily. “I’ve made alot, so make sure you eat until you’re full!”

“Thank you unnie.” said Isabella.

“You didn’t have to do this noona. I could have made breakfast, you should have slept in.” said Eun Kyung kindly.

“Don’t worry, I slept well last night. I decided that I should thank you so I made breakfast for everyone.” said Eun Mi generously.  “Sit down, before everything gets cold.”

They all sat down and ate breakfast. Once again, the room was full of happiness and conversations. Isabella complimented Eun Mi on her cooking skills.

“Thank you Isabella. Now you know where my brother got his cooking skills from.” said Eun Mi, jokingly.

“What would you like to do today noona?” asked Eun Kyung, after taking a sip of denjang soup.

“I’m not sure...what about some sightseeing?” said Eun Mi.

“Ok!” said Isabella. “But there’s nothing to do here in Cambridge, Massachusetts. How about we go shopping?”

“But then Eun Kyung will get bored.” said Eun Mi.

“Don’t worry about me; I have work I need to catch up on anyway. You girls go and have fun.” said Eun Kyung.

After breakfast, Eun Mi washed up all the dishes, even though her brother had protested.

“But you’re our guest!” he exclaimed.

“But I’m should be the one thanking you. So, I shall help by washing up the dishes.” Eun Mi said, while pulling on a pair of pink rubber gloves.

Finally, all the breakfast dishes were clean, and sitting on the rack. The girls both grabbed their bags from their rooms and headed out.

Eun Mi placed her feet into her worn-out red Converse, and began to tie up her laces, as Isabella zipped up her boots.

“Bye bye!” said Isabella happily. “I love you!”

“Work hard bro!” said Eun Mi enthusiastically. “Seeya.”

“Have fun you two.” replied Eun Kyung. “I love you more Isabella, and you know that.”

Love. It’s such a complicated thing. How do you know if you love someone? Is it just a word that’s said all the time? When people say it, do they actually mean it? What happens, if you’re in love, but the person doesn’t love you back? And when two people are in love, does that love last forever? Is it even possible for love to last eternally?

Isabella smiled. Her eyes danced.

“That’s so not true!”

“So is! Ok, you can go now.” said Eun Kyung, laughing.

As the two girls walked to the bus stop, the ambiance was definitely not awkward. They chatted as if they were old friends. They talked about everything - their family, their schooling, their friends, their interests.

“I was born in America, but my family is from Korea.” Isabella explained.

“Same here, except I’m Australian.” said Eun Mi.

“What’s it like in Australia? It must be always sunny and have beautiful beaches.” said Isabella.

“Yeah, it weather’s pretty nice over there. I was lucky to have lived on the Northern Beaches, in Sydney.  There were some pretty nice beaches there.” said Eun Mi.

“Haha, I’m jealous.” said Isabella.

They sat down at the bus stop and waited for the bus to arrive. The two decided that they would first go to Harvard Square to shop and look around, head to the renowned Cafe Pamplona to have a coffee, shop some more, and then go home.

The bus finally arrived, and after a twenty minute bus trip, the girls stepped off the bus, and got ready for hours of shopping.

“Where to first? Urban outfitters? Mint Julep? Tess? The Gap? Lush cosmetics? Or would you like to go to a bookshop?” asked Isabella.

Eun Mi looked around, not sure where to go. Suddenly, she spotted a Japanese store. She loved the Japanese culture. Eun Mi pointed at the decorated shop window, with a display sign which stated “Tokyo Kid”.

“Why don’t we try there?” said Eun Mi.

“Great choice. That shop has some pretty cool stuff in there. I love going there.” said Isabella. “You must like the Japanese culture.”

“Yeah I do. The anime is epic, and the food’s yummy!” laughed Eun Mi.

“I agree!” exclaimed Isabella, and the two walked into the store.

After looking around to check out all the available products, Eun Mi bought a few packets of Japanese candy, many packets of Pocky which were all different flavours (she absolutely adored Pocky), a DBSK cd and a DBSK poster to decorate her future dorm room at Yale.

“You a fan of DBSK?” asked Isabella. “I love them.”

“Yeah.” Eun Mi said, smiling, while paying for her purchases. “Jae Joong’s my favourite.”

“Haha, same.” laughed Isabella. “What about Super Junior? Are you a fan of them?”

“I’ve heard of them, but I’ve never actually listened to them.” admitted Eun Mi.

“Would you like a bag with that, madam?” asked the cashier.

“Yes please.” said Eun Mi, politely.

“Oh. My. God!” said Isabella. “You HAVE to listen to them. They’re the best boy group like ever.”

The cashier handed her bag and bid her good day. Eun Mi and Isabella departed from the store.

“Really?” asked Eun Mi. “A few of my friends in Australia were pretty obsessed with Super Junior. Apparently Leeteuk is the hottest.”

“Teukkie oppa is the best!” said Isabella, smiling. “Here, listen to some of their songs.”

Isabella pulled out her iPod, and shoved an earphone into Eun Mi’s ear and the other in her own. She pressed play, and Super Junior’s Bonamana started to play. They continued to shop, buying various items such as t-shirts, jeans, shoes, caps, jumpers, notebooks, and lip balm.

“Wow, they’re pretty good.” said Eun Mi, after the song had finished. She took out the earphone and gave it back to Isabella.

“I know!” smiled Isabella, as they entered Urban Outfitters, where a young couple who were around Eun Mi’s age were shopping. They were standing near a rack of clothes, where the girl was deciding which t-shirt looked better on her. Her boyfriend was carrying all the shopping bags.

Isabella’s eyes widened in recognition, and shouted “Hey! Alex! Hye Ri!”

The couple turned around, and smiled.

“Hey Isabella!” shouted Alex, who walked over the Eun Mi and Isabella, followed by his girlfriend.

“What are you guys doing here?” asked Isabella.

“Shopping for my Hye Ri. It’s nearly her birthday.” replied Alex. Hye Ri smiled and nodded.

“Oh I see.” said Isabella. “Well, let me introduce you guys to Eun Mi. She’s Eun Kyung’s sister.” She pointed to Eun Mi.

“Hello Eun Mi shi. I’m Alex Park.” said Alex, holding out his hand. “Nice to meet you! And this is my girlfriend, Hye Ri”

“Please call me noona.” replied Eun Mi. “It’s nice to meet you too, Alex.”

“I’m Cho Hye Ri. Hello Eun Mi!” said Hye Ri.

“It’s very nice to meet you!” exclaimed Eu Mi.  “Why don’t were go for a coffee?”

Everyone agreed, and headed towards Cafe Pamplona. After a few minutes, everyone had arrived, and placed their orders.

“One mocha, one iced chocolate, one espresso and one latte please.” Isabella said to the waiter.

Quickly, their orders arrived. Eun Mi complimented the reliability of the service. Alex and Hye Ri turned out to be the same age as herself - 21.

“Eun Mi’s from Australia. She’s transferred to a university here.” said Isabella.

“Oh I see. What university?” asked Alex.

“Yale. I’m studying medicine.” replied Eun Mi, taking a sip of her iced chocolate.

“Oh really? I study there too! I study Law though.” exclaimed Hye Ri. “I’ll see you around once school starts then.”

“Yeah, we’ll become very good friends won’t we?” said Eun Mi happily. “What university do you go to, Alex?”

“Havard. I study law, but I’ve been studying there more than Eun Kyung and Isabella has, so I’m not in their classes.” said Alex, drinking his espresso.

“So...how you do know Isabelle and Eun Kyung?” asked Eun Mi, curiously.

Alex and Isabella looked at each other, and Isabella gestured for Alex to explain. Hye Ri pretended to look away and sipped on her latte.

“Isabella and I were once together, but then, we decided that we were better off as friends.” explained Alex.

“Oh...I see.” said Eun Mi.

Once everyone was done, Alex and Hye Ri waved goodbye as they were busy, while Isabella and Eun Mi decided that it was time to go home. Carrying many shopping bags, they boarded the bus. When they arrived home, they had dinner, and again, Eun Mi went to bed early, and quickly fell asleep.

Today had been quite a busy day.

 

 


 

NOTE:

Denjang - Korea soybean paste (Denjang soup is similar to miso soup)

Gamjajeon - A Korean style pancake made from pan-frying grated potato on a frying pan (Similar to hashbrowns)

Kimchi - A spicy Korean dish made from fermented vegetables

Jumper - For those who don’t live in Australia, “jumper” is Aussie for a pullover

 

 


 

What did you think about that chapter? 

I know it's still slow, but I'm slowly building on the story, so be patient please. ^^

Remember: any suggestions for improvements are always appreciated~

I would also like to thank to those who subscribed/commented (:

You don't know how much I appreciate your support xD

And thank you so much for reading ^_^

Peace&Love;

Megg (:

© meggxzhangster 2010