The Men in White

It was fated to be...

Welcome to chapter 15!

Ok, I lied once again about updating. ><

I'm not going to make anymore promises to you guys; I'm always breaking them -_-

Ok.

You guys have waited ever so patiently...

So here it is (:


“Ok, gentlemen, you ready to do this?” asked Leeteuk, checking to see that no dust had settled on his pure white suit.

The men in white nodded, and Leeteuk raised his fist to the air.

“Hwaiting!”

“Hwaiting!” chorused the men in white, with their fists raised.

Leeteuk smiled.

“Now we wait.” he said, facing the door.


“Ladies and gentlemen, please welcome…” said the MC, his voice booming across the arena, pausing for effect.

The audience held their breath, anticipating his next words.

“Super Junior!” he roared.

The audience bust into a raucous cacophony of applause, girlish screams and whoops. The audience eagerly turned around to see their favourite idols saunter in, wearing angelic white suits and smiles that would surely make anybody’s heart flutter with uneasiness, and turn their legs into jelly. Fangirls stood up from their seats and fought their way through the crowd to the edges, hoping to touch their favourite member’s hand and bask in all their glory.

One by one, the members cheerily walked down the steps to the stage, putting on their most charming smiles and waving at their devoted fans. Occasionally, they would stick out their hands for high fives, to which fans would scream with glee, unable to believe that they had been able to touch a person of such godliness.  

Finally, the noise died down and Super Junior was able to introduce themselves.

“Annyeong haseyo!” said Super Junior, holding their microphones up to their mouths.

Leeteuk stepped forward, and smiled.

“Leeteuk.” he said.

Then he stepped back, and Heechul stepped forward to introduce himself. This process continued until every member was introduced to the audience. Although every single fangirl could recite Super Junior’s names in a heartbeat and hence no need for Super Junior to introduce themselves, there were always some unfortunate audience members who had been forced to attend the concert, regardless.

“And we are Super Junior!” chorused the 10 men all together.

The audience immediately burst into enthusiastic applause, cheering for the idol group.

Without another word, Super Junior took their places, waiting for their cue to start.

“Ladies and gentlemen…please put your hands together for Super Junior’s popular hit, ‘Sorry, Sorry’!” announced the MC.

The familiar beats of the track immediately started playing, and accompanied by the audience’s cheers and applause, Super Junior came to life, dancing their well known moves. Lacking Kangin, Kibum and Hankyung, the audience and Super Junior themselves couldn’t help thinking that it was as though their performance was incomplete, as if they had forgotten something important. Even so, it was a remarkable performance, and the audience loved it, having not heard it for quite a long time.

The music came to a stop, and Super Junior froze in their ending positions. The audience broke into an even larger applause, and Super Junior bowed, grinning.

The next hour comprised of Super Junior’s old hits mixed in with a few of their new tracks, including So I, It’s You, No Other, Bonamana and One Fine Spring day. It was quite an extraordinary site seeing a huge sea of sapphire blue glowsticks glistening in the hall, and the members of Super Junior couldn’t help but shed a tear upon seeing their fan’s faithfulness and devotion.

It wasn’t the first time that Super Junior witnessed the loyal support of the ELFs. At Super Show 2, the fans were invited to sing a song for their beloved Super Junior, resulting in many tears shed in emotion, and was a truly special bond between idol and fan, not unlike that of a family’s relationship. Still, that was when Super Junior was thirteen, and it was not known whether things had changed or not.  

It had been a long time since Super Junior had discovered that being an idol wasn’t a job they were forced to do, tied down by their contracts to SM Entertainment. Neither was being an idol a matter of money. They were Super Junior purely because it brought smiles to their faces to see that they were truly changing to world of boy groups, one step at a time, by seeing the faces of their ELFs light up whenever a Super Junior song played, or when they would discover their new friend’s favourite band was also Super Junior.  It was Super Junior’s duty to entertain their fans.  

With a big smile, Super Junior set themselves the task of providing their fans with the best concert that they could possibly give, even if they were lacking in numbers. After all, it may be the last concert with Super Junior’s dearly loved leader, Leeteuk and the much adored Heenim present at the concert.   After that, 10 would sadly become 8, and both Super Junior and fans knew that, as much as they wanted to deny it, unable to bear the thought of Super Junior separating. However, it was a fact that it would happen sooner or later.

It had happened so quickly, and half of the concert had already passed; it was now time for the interlude.

“Ladies and gentlemen, please leave via the side doors for the interlude. There will be refreshments outside, and merchandise to be bought. That is all…I hope you’ve enjoyed this concert so far.” said the MC. “Hang on…there’s something else.”

The audience watched as Leeteuk ran up to the MC, whispered something in his ear, gave him a thumbs up, and quickly ran back, disappearing into the curtains of the stage.

“ Ok, could a Kim Ji Hae please remain. I repeat, could a Kim Ji Hae stay behind.” said the MC. “Thanks everyone. You can start to make your way out. Please return in 15 minutes time, and remember on time!”


“Ok, could a Kim Ji Hae please remain…” said the MC.

Ji Hae’s forehead creased into a frown. She hadn’t been the only one who heard; jealous and confused whispers could be heard all around the arena, and Mi Rae playfully nudged Ji Hae’s side.

“I wonder who that girl is…”

“If Teukkie oppa asked for her, she sure is one hell of a lucky girl…”

“I wish I was her!”

“Hey, he’s calling your name.” Mi Rae said, smiling.

Ji Hae ignored her, still wondering whether she’d heard right.

“What? Me?” Ji Hae said to herself, confused.

“Yah.” said Mi Rae, nudging her again. “He called your name.”

“I know, I know.” replied Ji Hae, slightly agitated. “Are you sure?”

“Pssch. Of course I’m sure.” said Mi Rae, rolling her eyes. “Well, at least, that’s what I heard.”

“Yeah I know, but…” started Ji Hae. “He couldn’t have possibly meant me. I’m a nobody!”

“Could you all please prepare to exit via the side doors. Please walk in an orderly manner. Thank you!” said the MC.

“Well, it looks like you’re by yourself.” said Mi Rae, biting her lip.  “Look, call me if it doesn’t go well, and I’ll come find you. Ok?”

Ji Hae agreed, and they spent a few minutes exchanging mobile phone numbers.

“Have fun.” winked Mi Rae.

“Thanks.” said Ji Hae, nervously.

Mi Rae stood up, and joined the queue to leave the hall.

Ji Hae hadn’t been this nervous since her incident with Leeteuk and the rest of Super Junior. What if she was in trouble? Then she won’t be able to enjoy the rest of the night…which reminded her, who was the sender of the Super Show tickets? If she ever found out who it was, she’d thank them on her bare knees until her voice turned hoarse and her knees sore. She would be forever grateful to whoever it was.  

Alone, Ji Hae waited, even though she wasn’t sure who she was waiting for.

“Ji Hae?” said a familiar male voice.

Ji Hae looked up.

It was Leeteuk.


Ji Hae was thrown into full panic mode.

Her legs turned into jelly, as though the bone had been completely removed.

Her heartbeat quickened, beating like there was no tomorrow.

Her hands turned cold and clammy, her palms moist with sweat.

She felt lightheaded, and found it extremely hard to breathe, as if a tight belt was restricting her lungs.

“Are you ok?” asked Leeteuk, concerned, for Ji Hae was looking a little strange.

Ji Hae mentally slapped herself, telling herself to come back to her senses.

“Uh…yes.” she said quickly. “I’m fine.”

Leeteuk smiled.

“That’s good.” he said, taking the seat next to Ji Hae. “How are you enjoying the concert so far?”

“It’s…a-a-awesome.” said Ji Hae, unable to find another word to describe it.

Leeteuk smiled.

“How's the knee? It healed quickly right?” he asked.

“Ah, yes.” she said shyly. “Thank you.”

“Well, why don’t we go meet the others back stage?” said Leeteuk, standing up.

Ji Hae stood up too.

“Ok.” she said, and followed Leeteuk up to the stage.

As they walked, Ji Hae was the first to break the silence.

“Leeteuk-shi?” she asked.

“Don’t be so formal with me.” he laughed. “Just call me Jung Su oppa; I haven’t been called that for ages.”

“Ok then, Jung Su oppa.” said Ji Hae, smiling. “How did you know I’d be here?”

“I have skills.” laughed Leeteuk. “Big skills.”

“Sure.” said Ji Hae, amused but doubtful.

“Ok fine.” said Leeteuk.

“I’m waiting to hear the truth.” laughed Ji Hae.

 “I sent those tickets.” said Leeteuk, smiling.


Ahhhh~

End of another chapter. *wipes away tear*

Did you like it?

AND IT WAS LONGER THIS TIME 8D

I actually kept on writing, without having to think what was going to happen. Infact, I found it hard to find a place to cut off ><"

Which is why I left you guys hanging...sort of

Any comments/criticism are appreciated ^^

How were all your Christmases and New Year Eves? (:

I know I had a good time xD

Esepcially watching the fireworks - they were amazing this year~

That reminds me, new year's resolutions.

I never end up keeping mine, but it's fun all the same, isn't it? 

Here are mine:

1. Spend max. 15 minutes on Facebook everyday (it ruined my grades last year and the year before that ><)

2.  Play piano and cello every single goddamn day. (I failed both last year. And the year before that. And all the years I've been playing piano.)

3. Be more active and get off laptop

4. Update fanfictions more regularly

5. Study more (especially Latin, maths and science. Latin mainly.)

6.  Try not to procrastinate.

7. No Youtubing on week days

8. Go to bed early(er)

9. Listen to more "white" music (but keep updated on Asian music too ;D)

10. Be organised

What are yours?

 

Peace&Love;

Meggggggg

P.S. Have you watched this yet?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wJU9UonpUAo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DehviFXvans

(Watch both :D)