Donghae

You make my life complete [SEMI HIATUS]

It has been the second week of school. Donghae has been enjoying school for the first time. He just did not like how teachers treat him. He hates that feeling of being treated like a prince just because of his father. He did not need his father's name to survive in this school, he could do it simply himself. Plus, he never liked his father.

"Son," his father called him in front of the students in the corridor. Everyone looked at Donghae. "What?" Donghae was obviously not happy about his father calling him 'son' in front of everyone. "Ani. I just wanted to check on you. I haven't been walking about this school for a while already." To everyone, the principle was a wise man. He loved the students, like a second father to them. The only disrespectful one was Donghae. 

"This is the school. In here, I am the student and you are my principle." Donghae left the scene and entered his classroom. No one ever knew why he acted like this to his own principle. Only Donghae knew why.

"What's with him?" Seohyun watched Donghae stomped in. Yoona looked at Donghae. He glared at Seohyun, "What?" He rolled his eyes at looked away. Yoona knew something was bothering him. Yoona bit her lips. "Ah.. Mianhae."

"He will be fine.. I guess. " Yoona thought. Yoona turned back her attention back to Donghae. He was looking out of the window instead. Yoona kept leaning out to see his face. He wouldn't let her. 

"Oppa."

No reaction. Just a sigh.

"Oppa."

He crossed his arms.

"Donghae. Lee Donghae."

"What?" He turned to her and leaned so close to her. She was shocked at the sudden closeness between them. She stared into his sparkling eyes. His eyes looked right into hers too. He gulped. Yoona felt his breath, it shivered her. She bit her lips. 

"What are you two doing?!" 

--

Donghae sent Yoona home. They did not talk during their walk. Yoona looked at Donghae silently. Donghae let his thoughts take over him. He was weird today, he was never like that. Yoona turned to him, "Oppa. Are you okay?"

"Mn."

"No. You are not. Please tell me what happened. It worries me to see you like this." Yoona held his hand. Donghae looked at her and shaked his head. No. I can't share my pain. I can't be selfish. He thought. He hid his face with a smile, "I am really fine."

Yoona still doubt that. She bit her lips. She just nodded and slowly, she turned away. Donghae did the same, wanting to walk to the bus stop. "Oppa!"

Donghae turned and looked at her. She look into his eyes. She ran up to him and embraced him. He was shocked. Yoona-iss... His eyes widened as her hands wrapped around his waist. She looked up and kissed his cheek.

"See you tomorrow," she backed out. She held onto her bag tightly before running back into her house. Even though she shut the door, Donghae still stood there. Why.. Did you just do that, Yoona? Why am I feeling.. This way? He gulped. Slowly, lost in his thoughts, he walked to bus stop.

--

"Appa," he greeted as he walked pass the dining table. He did not want to stay in the same room. He wanted to greet and go back to his room. That was one of the problems that came between the father and son since the lost of the mother of the family. Donghae cried every Mothers' Day, on his birthday and her death anniversary, which was this weekend.

"Donghae ah," his father stopped him. Donghae stopped at the stairs, "Yes?" He stood there awkwardly as his father approached him. "It's your mother's death anniversary this saturday."

"I know that."

"You have to go there yourself this year."

"Wae? You are not coming to see mom?" Donghae turned to him. "I have a school meeting. Sorry, Donghae. I-"

"Don't. Don't apologize to me, not me. Apologize to Mom," he stomped up the stairs and shut his room door loud enough for his father to hear. Donghae sat at his table, looking at his family photo. His adopted little sister, Krystal Jung, was now living with his aunt. He felt so empty. How he wished he could live with them. If it was not his father who force him to stay, then they wouldn't be seperated. His Mom, who left him three years ago. She was smiling in that photo. 

"Stop smiling," He told, "I am in pain. Don't. Just.. Just stop." His tears finally fell. He just couldn't get over his Mom's death. It was his father's fault. He remembered he was fifteen. He woke up that day, he heard screaming and shoutings from outside. He saw Krystal squatting in a corner, hugging her teddy bear which arm was gone. "Krystal ah, what happen?" He rubbed his eyes. "Oppa? Oppa! Get out of bed! Quick," she pulled his hand. The door opened, the hitting sounds were loud. "MyungJun, stop it! Stop it! Myung-" they heard their mother, "MyungJun, stop it! The kids can hear this! Myung-" she was choking as the dust entered her lungs. Her husband did not care, he just continued to smash to the paintings in that room. But no matter how bad her coughing was, she tried to stop him. She couldn't let him smash it all, especially Donghae's painting of their family. Donghae saw how their father pushed their mother away. The dust flew into the air and more were breathed in. She could not take it anymore, she fell. Her chest was hurting, it was too much. 

"Umma!" they both screamed. She was digging into her chest, struggling for fresh air. No, no, umma, no. He shaked her as he thought. Krystal dropped her teddy bear and screamed. Their father finally stopped but it was too late. 

He remembered every single thing. He saw his painting broke into half, his father did it. Their family really broke into half, and the same, his father did it. That year was when Donghae hated the word 'father'. 

He took a shower, washing his sorrows away but he ended up sinking in them. Then, he saw his phone screen light up. He wondered who it was. After grabbing a towel, he looked at it. 

1 unread message

Oppa. I am sorry for this afternoon. I was not on the right side of mind. I just did it without thinking. Mianhae.

Donghae smiled. Yoona's message. And he decides not to reply it. He predicted what Yoona would be thinking. She would be thinking he is mad with her. He knew it was a mean thing to do but he was sure he was fine. 

---

Yoona was sitting at her seat. Her heart was pounding as Donghae could be entering any time then. Seohyun tried calming her down. Then, Yoona saw Donghae outside the window, looking at her. She was surprise to see him smiling at her cheerfully. Her shock face was gone as she laughed at him sweetly. She pulled out her fist jokingly and signalled him to come in. "You thought I was mad at you, didn't you?" He put down his bag. Yoona hit his shoulder lightly, finding out that he played a prank on her. 

"What are you guys, man? A couple?" They entirely forgot that there were people in the class. They heard giggles, making both of them awkward in that situation. 

---

They were at their mother's grave with their aunt. "I will wait at the car. You two have your time," her aunt knew them well. As soon as she left, Krystal fell into Donghae's arms. It happens every year. 

"Why? Why did she have to go this early? Why," Krystal sobbed. Donghae cried silently. 

"Krystal, it's my fault." He blamed himself. Krystal looked at him, "No, it wasn't. It never was."

"If I didn't told umma to keep the drawing well or frame it up, Umma wouldn't have died. If I didn't ask her to promise me, she wouldn't have tried to protect it then she would be alive. And-"

"No! Oppa!" Krystal cupped his cheeks, holding his face to face hers, "No, it never was." Donghae let his tears fall in front of her, showing his weak side. "Krystal ah..." He sobbed and hugged his little sister, "In this family, all I have is you now. Don't leave me, okay? I lost Dad long ago. Then umma left us, she left in front of us. And she left.. For me.. I can't afford to lose you, hear me?" Krystal just nodded and patted his back. Slowly, they walked to their aunt's car. He opened the door for Krystal. Krystal forced a smile, hoping he would smile. Krystal then saw him holding his head, wincing in pain. He was shouting. His head hurt, his scar hurt. 

It was the area where their father hit him by accident. Last week, he couldn't remember what they were arguing about. Donghae swore that he saw that look his father had in his eyes, it was exactly the same as those when he was smashing the pictures. It was lucky that Donghae had his fringe to cover the ugly scar. He was sorry that he did not talk to Yoona during his days of recovery. 

"Oppa," Donghae came back to reality. He shaked his head, ensuring the pain was gone. He nodded and got into the car with his little sister. They were going to Donghae's house. Krystal decide to spend a few days there for the one week holiday that her school gave. She remembered what her brother said so she will not leave. There were many times already, she thought of moving back with them. Their father said no. She wanted to know why but her father did not say a thing. 

Donghae opened the door of the house. They were both surprised to see their father at his working desk. Wasn't he suppose to be in school, attending a meeting? Donghae knocked on the door with Krystal behind him. Their father looked up. 

"Hi, kids," their father smiled. He continued with his work as Donghae walked in slowly. Donghae swallowed his fury in, he did not want to show that side of him to Krystal. His eyes were no longer sparkling, it was dull, full of anger. Donghae was so angry that his face was feeling hot. He clenched his fists, cracking some knuckles silently. He breathed in and out heavily. 

"Why are you here?"

"The meeting got cancelled. So I came home," Their father was still smiling. Donghae couldn't believe that he could still smile. 

"What? And you were here? It is umma's death anniversary today!"

Donghae felt like punching his dad but he couldn't bring himself to do it. He was more sad than angry. On this day, he can't be angry. It was his mother's death anniversary. "You... You could have.. Just came.. To see her," Donghae turned and walked away. Pass Krystal, and all the maids in the hall way. No one made a sound. Silence was Donghae's loudest cry.

8 missed calls and 10 messages

His phone screen lit up. He wiped his tears away and grabbed his phone. Yoona have been trying to contact him since 11:00 a.m as setted. He cursed and hit himself. How could he leave her like this even if it was his mother's death anniversary?

11:04 am - Oppa, good morning~~ :)

11:15 am - Did you sleep well? I had a beautiful dream last night :D wanna hear about it?

11:39 am - Hmph >< Oppa, you can't trick me this time! Reply please!

12:20 pm - Oppa, are you busy? If you are, mianhae!

1:45 pm - Oppa! I got good news to share with you :DD! Reply asap, okay?

2:30 pm - Oppa, gwenchana? Please return a call.

2:45 pm - I am really worried! Oppa, are you okay? Are you there? 

3:00 pm - I was wondering if you are free later. Dinner, together? 

4:02 pm - Are you free by then?

4:36 pm - It is okay if you can't make it. Just talk to me soon, okay? :(

She must have been so worried. They always chatted. Donghae couldn't believe he forgotten about their daily routines. He dialled her number.

"Yoona?"

"Oppa! Gosh, and finally! I thought you were never replying my calls!"

Donghae smiled to himself, despite knowing that she couldn't see it. He just likes her voice. The way she speaks, whines, shouts and exaggerate, makes her so adorable to him. 

"Oppa? Are you there?"

"Yeah. Of course. I am so sorry for not replying. I was.. Busy.."

"What happened? Mind sharing?" Yoona was concerned. He never missed out their chatting sessions. Their most important device was their phones. They needed each other, secretly. Yoona heard him sniffed and coughed. Was he crying?

"Were you crying?"

"Let's meet for dinner. And I will.. I will tell you why I hate my father, the school's principle."

-

Yoona hugged him, for the first time openly. Within the crowds of Seoul streets, they were hugging. And that was what Donghae needed. A hug, from his loved ones. Yoona let him cry, let him tighten his grip around her. She knew how it was like to lose someone. She understood his feelings. She his back, calming him down. She kept saying, "It is okay, let it out. It is okay, cry it out. Cry it all out."

Yoona pulled away, "Feeling better?" She bent lower to see his face. Donghae dare not look up. He was a guy, how could he be so weak in front of her? 

Yoona started laughing at him, which made him raise his brows. "Your nose and eyes are so red! You look like rudolph," she grabbed into her bag and gave him a tissue, "Here, wipe them up. Hehe." In the end, she did it for him. Donghae's eyes never left her face. "Kaja, I want some ice cream." Yoona pulled him by the arm. 

Are we really seeing each other just as friends?

--

Donghae handed his assignments to the teacher. Finally, his work was done. He did everything and now, he doesn't need to bring worksheets home like everyone. 

"That was fast."

Yoona said as she scribbled on her worksheet. She hated Maths. She never understood why does a, b, c got to do with 1, 2, 3. She hated algebra. 

"It's easy, let me help you," he took her worksheet and hissed at her mistakes, "You got half of them wrong." He pointed out her mistakes and told her the right methods. She was daydreaming at how great he looked as he taught her. "Don't look at me like that. Let me repeat again, " he pointed back at the question, "You can't cancel these two because they are part of their own equations and therefore your answer should be..." 

Yoona nodded blindly and continued her work. 

"Yoong, do you want to hang out at my house for a bit? I am really bored alone," he pouted at her, making her laugh softly. She nodded sweetly. She decided to do her worksheet by the end of the lesson so that they could have time together at his house later. She enjoyed time with Donghae, since she was usually alone at home. 

"Oppa," Yoona called as she did the last question, "Can we grab a bite before we go to your house?" Donghae nodded as he played with his fingers. Donghae watched her walk to the teacher's table to hand up her papers. He just finds it attractive to him. The way she turns away, the way her hair flips along. He has all these feelings for her these few days.

"Oppa? Oppa? Donghae oppa? Gwenchana?"

She shooked his shoulder as he was staring into space. 

Why am I always feeling like this with you?

--

Donghae removed his blazer as Yoona got worried about the rain. It was pouring heavily. Some students ran under it, some chose to stay. Yoona couldn't believe that she left her umbrella at home. 

"Let's go," Donghae said. Yoona shaked her head, "No-"

"Shut up and follow me," he pulled. He put his blazer above their heads. Yoona was lost for words. It was freezing cold, but somehow, she felt the warmth as Donghae pushed her head to him. Her skirt was all wet, the tips of her hair sticking onto her uniform. They came to a traffic light. Yoona wanted to ask Donghae to wear his blazer before he falls sick.

"Stop it," he stood up straight, only covering her. He pushed her head to his chest, "Just follow me," Yoona's eyes widened. Donghae's face was entirely wet as the rain continued to fall. When they were back at the school gate, he had a thought of protecting Yoona. He just had to do it, according to his heart. He did not really know why he wanted to do so, but soon, he would find out why.

Yoona heard Donghae hiss. Her head popped out of the blazer, wondering if he was okay. "Hold onto my blazer, quick," Yoona grab the corners of the cloth. She wondered what Donghae was going to do. He did not care what she was going to say or how she was going to react.

"Ahh," she nearly screamed, "Oppa, what are you doing?" Donghae carry her up, bridal style. Yoona suddenly felt like she was the luckiest lady in the world. She was sure that she was not in a relationship with him, she knows that he was doing it because they were friends, but she felt  Donghae was going to take her away from this world, away from all the sad memories. "Don't worry, I won't drop you when I run," the way he said it made her even more secure. The traffic light turned green. Donghae ran with this beautiful lady in his arms. Yoona squeezed her eyes shut. She wrapped her arms around Donghae's neck, still holding onto his blazer (but they weren't sheltered by it). 

"Yoona, you are getting wet, put the blazer back on,"

This time, Yoona wasn't going to listen. She buried her face into his neck. Donghae ran faster, not wanting any of themselves to fall sick. They came to that fast food restaurant which happened to be owned by Yoona's step sister, Yuri. Donghae did not care if he made the floor wet or the chair wet, he just put her down on the chair. 

"Are you a fool? I told you to hold the blazer up, not hold me," he said. Yoona looked down, "I'm... So sorry. I just," Like the way you hold me close, "Lost in my thoughts." Donghae did not blame her further more. He pulled out a set of clothing. Instead of changing into it, he gave his top to Yoona, "Get changed into this," he said. Yoona took it but said, "Oppa, how about you?"

"Just get changed-"

"Don't demand my little sister, you little rascal," a voice spoke behide Donghae. Yoona's eyes glowed, "Yuri unni!" Yoona ran to her and hugged her. Yuri did not mind Yoona in her wet uniform, she returned the hug kindly, "I got a set of clothes upstairs, I'll get them for you," Yuri turned to Donghae, "Boy, get changed quick. Our Yoona needs the toilet after you." Donghae just went into the toilet and got changed. 

"I hate people who call me a rascal," he mumbled as he wore his top. He buttoned up and adjusted his collar. He pulled up his jeans and straped the belt well. He squeezed his clothes dry, not hoping to carry a heavy bag home. His hair was still wet, he did not care. he slightly combed his fringe back.

"Yah, are you done yet, kid?"

Donghae cursed softly. He opened the door, "Yes, I am."

"Then why are you in there-"

"Whatever."

Donghae walked to their bags. He folded his uniform neatly and put them into his spare paperbag. He waited for Yoona to be done before they could have a meal. "Yah, rascal," Donghae rolled his eyes but did not respond, "Hey, rascal, I am calling you."

Damn you.

Stop calling me a rascal.

He cursed.

"Yah! Are you deaf, rascal?"

No, Lee Donghae. It wouldn't be good if I get angry here. 

"Boy." That was when Donghae answered. "What?" He was still not happy that the fact she called him a rascal. Yuri approached him, "Pfft, I really don't know what Yoona sees in you," she sat in front of him, "I saw you carrying her. Nice job, but in the end, I will be the one deciding who she is going to be with," she leaned closer, "And it is certainly not you, rascal."

Donghae looked away. He found her annoying for a few reasons but he rather keep that to himself. 

"Oh, are you angry, kid?"

Donghae ignored the question. This was when Yoona came out. In a white elegant dress, her body figure was so beautiful. Yoona hoped Donghae would be amazed and tell her how beautiful she was. Donghae would be, but he did not had the mood now.

[In case you guys need to imagine how they look like, this is Donghae's and Yoona's .]

"Oppa," she called softly. He was looking down. She told Yuri to move away, ignoring her praises. Yoona tried making Donghae look up at her, "Oppa, I am back."

"Oppa."

"Donghae ah."

Yoona remained patient for him. 

"Yah, rascal! She's calling you," Yuri served Yoona a bowl of warm soup, "Yah-"

"Unni," Yoona told her step sister to move out of the picture and let her do it. Yuri shaked her head and walked away. Yoona stretched her hand out to touch his face. He did not push her hand away. She pulled his chin up and was given a sight of a tearing up face. He looked so weak all of the sudden.

"What's wrong, Hae?"

He did not reply. He just looked into her eyes. She wiped his never-going-to-stop-falling tears, "You can always tell me, it's okay. I am here for you," she smiled even though it hurts to see him like that. Yuri came back with another bowl of soup for Donghae.

"Woh," Yuri shouted as she saw Donghae crying. Donghae quickly moved away from Yoona's hand and looked back down, wiping his tears away. Yuri was giggling, "Who's this crying? Haha. Hey, rascal-"

"Don't ever," he looked up with a piercing glare, "Call me a rascal." Yoona gasped softly. Why is oppa this angry all of a sudden? Yuri laughed, "Good try, rascal-"

"Yoona," Donghae pulled his bag closer, "See you at school tomorrow."

"But oppa, I thought we are spending time together-"

"Change of plans."

"But-"

"Change. Of. Plans," he said and carried his bag, "See you tomorrow." Yoona watched him stand up. Yuri tried stopping him, "Yah, rascal! Stop cutting off my  lil' sister's sentences!" Everyone in the fast food restaurant looked at them. Donghae stood there and turned, "Don't try to scold me, okay. Don't scold me when I haven't had a pay back on you, Kwon Yuri." 

Yuri gasped, so did Yoona. How did he know Yuri unni?

"What pay back, rascal?"

Donghae rolled his eyes, "Still remember that day, 22nd of Feburary 2008? The lady that you pushed and snatched money from was hospitalized because she had an asthma right after you left her without anything! If you left her inhaler there, she would have been alive! So don't come to me and scream at me when I haven't tried to chase you about this matter," he shouted and walked out of the fast food restaurant.

Yoona was in shock, she never seen Donghae this angry.

She pulled out her phone and texted him.

2:15 pm - Oppa, gwenchanayo? I am worried :(

 

2:19 pm - Sorry, Yoona. I gotta have my time alone.

She put her phone now and tried to stop thinking about Donghae for a few moments, but she can't.

But oppa, I want to be with you.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Haiiiiiiii~~~

I wanna firstly thank allllllllllll the subscribers that have been supporting this story and the others too.

In total, including my other stories, I have 63 SUBCRIBERSSSSS

I mean, this wasn't my real aim when I start this typings so....

YEAAAAAAAHHHHHHH PARTYYYYYYYYYYYYY

And lastly, I love all of you subscribersssssss

Read. Comment. Subscribe. 

Thank You ;DDD