The painting

You make my life complete [SEMI HIATUS]

Donghae leaned closer. He watched her eyes shut. That was when he put his lips against hers. Her lips were soft. His tongue slip into , so did hers. He tasted the sweet flavour in . He explored . Yet, he was gentle. His hands traced up her jaw to the the sides of her face. His hands found their way down her back, pulling her closer and deepening their kiss. Her hands ran through his hazel brown hair. They enjoyed the moment, not wanting to separate for any second.

He pulled away as he felt tears falling from her eyes. She started crying.

"What's wrong, Yoona-"

"Kiss me," she sobbed, "Don't stop, please." She squatted down, hugging her knees. "I love you," she lipped to herself and not for anyone else to see. He squatted in front of her, "Yoona," he patted her head, "What's wrong with you and JiYong," he kneeled in front of her, "Hmm?"

Her eyes reflected the light behind him. He threw a smile at her. Not sure why, she just leaned to him and hugged him. He returned it back as he wrapped his arms around her. He slowly lifted her up to a standing position. She cried into his shoulder.

Why. Why. Why.

She asked herself.

Why can't I tell him that I love him?

"I will bring you in, okay-"

"Yoona?"

They both heard a familiar voice. Shadows blocked the sun light. They turned and found two figure.. 

"What happened," Seohyun asked as she approached them. Behind was an unknown man in a suit. Donghae looked at him weirdly.

"Leave it to me, Donghae," Seohyun said, pulling Yoona out of his arms. Their hands did not want to let go but in the end, it did. Donghae did not know why but he felt like crying as well. 

"Excuse," the stranger called," Master Choi wants to see you, Mister Lee." His hand offered to a direction where a familiar car was at. Donghae looked and followed the man. The door opened and he found his familiar friend.

"Hey, Donghae."

-

Donghae shut the door behind him. He was tired. He took off his shoes and stepped into the living room. He breathed in heavily. Donghae wanted to walk up the stairs, until he saw someone lying on the couch.

"Appa?"

His father was found sleeping there. Snoring quite a bit, he was fast asleep. Donghae shaked his head and decided to sit beside his father.

"Appa," he whispered and shaked his father lightly. His father's eyes opened slowly, and found Donghae looking at him, "Go back to your room and sleep. It is late already."

His father sat back up and looked at the clock. 11:26PM. "Where have you been, son," his father rubbed his eyes as he asked, "Ermm?"

"I.." Donghae bit his lips. His father continued to wait for an answer. Donghae looked away and left the couch, "Good night, appa. Rest early." Donghae paced up the stairs, not giving his father a chance to ask further. He shut the door and let himself lie on the bed comfortably. He shut his eyes as words came to him again and again.

"Come on, Donghae, it's an opportunity."

"Why me, Siwon?"

"You always wanted this, remember? Now or never. You told me that you wanted to run away from here, didn't you? This is the chance."

He opened his eyes again. That painting did meant a lot to him. He needed and wanted it back. He can never leave that painting unfinished. "But I don't want to run away now, Siwon," he mumbled to himself, "She needs me."

Yoona, Yoona, Yoona. Are you never tired of this, Donghae?

His inner voice spoke. 

You claims that JiYong's her boyfriend and she kissed you. 

Donghae breathed out heavily, trying to kick his thoughts out by getting a shower.

You are just a toy, Donghae.

He shut his eyes as the water hit his face gently.

To her, you are her toy.

His thoughts sank, soaking himself in his emotions. He shouldn't have gotten into this. Maybe if he didn't look at Yoona, he wouldn't in such deep relationship with her. It hurt him but he was happy still. Now, he wasn't sure what Yoona was thinking. He was messed up, but was it his choice?

--

"Hello, ladies," Donghae greeted the lady workers. He smiled before walking into the kitchen which was linked to where the lockers were. 

"What are you doing here, Kwon JiYong," Donghae hid behind the row of lockers. He heard a familiar voice shouting. 

"Can't you just leave me alone," Yoona crossed her arms, "It's over, okay?"

"But what did I do, babe," that made Yoona roll her eyes. She sighed, "It isn't you, it's me," she looked at him. She knew that he was not giving up so easily. "It is okay. I am fine with it. I love you, Yoona," JiYong hold her hands but Yoona shook them off instantly. "I am in love with someone else."

"Who?"

"You.. You can't know, okay," she sighed, "We still can be friends."

JiYong shaked his head, "No," he held her hands tightly, "No, Yoona. You're mine. I am yours, remember? You can't do this to me," his lips quivered. Yoona grew afraid as his eyes changed. Yoona struggled, "Le-Le-Let me go, JiYong. Let me g-go."

"Sorry, but outsiders aren't allowed to be in here, JiYong-ssi," Donghae said as he walked to them. Just in time, Seohyun showed up. She got everything settled and JiYong out of the cafe as well. Donghae sat awkwardly next to Yoona. Yoona looked at him, he did not look at her. "Oppa," she called and instantly, he looked at her, "Are you okay?"

"What is going on, Yoona? Between you and JiYong," he threw a question at her. She pursed her lips, not knowing what to say. I love you, oppa, always. 

"You cheated on him?" He looked at her, "By falling in love with-"

"You," she said. He stopped and looked at her. "Yes, I cheated on him by falling in love with you,"

Donghae gasped, "Wha-what?" 

Yoona looked at him, directly into his eyes. She remained silent. He pursed his lips and looked away. This can't be. He thought. She can't fall for me. "Donghae," he turned and was given a kiss on the cheek. Yoona giggled, "See you outside."

She skipped her way out of the room. Donghae watched her and smiled to himself. 

Maybe.. This is it.

-

Donghae walked into the locker room, he threw the door open. His jaw dropped as he found the reflection of Yoona half . Her back facing the mirror, she did not hear or see Donghae entering. He gasped. As he saw her about to turn, he hid himself from the mirror. He rubbed his eyes, trying to forget how beautiful she looked without her working uniform.

"Who's that?"

He heard. 

"Who's there?"

Yoona covered herself with her clothing. She was surprised to see Donghae. They were speechless. 

The next thing they knew, they were kissing. Yoona pulled Donghae's collar tightly, pulling for a deeper kiss. Donghae knew it was terrible mistake that they were making but he longed for this moment since their last. He pushed her against the lockers, making her groan in the kiss. Donghae smiled as they continued on. Yoona wanted dominate this, she had to fight for it. 

Gently, she bit his lower lips. Donghae allowed a moan to escape from his mouth, a moan he wanted to release long ago. 

Donghae, you two are bestfriends.

The voice in his head interrupted. He ignored it.

She has a boyfriend, remember? This is a mistake that you two are making!

He backed out with his eyes wide. Yoona looked at him, "We were doing great, oppa," she leaned closer, he stepped back, "What's wrong-"

"This," he said, "This is.. En-entirely wrong."

"No, oppa," she touched his face, "It is totally fine." He shaked his head, "No, you have a boyfriend. I can't do this." Yoona closed her eyes and silenced for a while. She breathed in deeply before letting it out. "You know that I don't truly love him, right," Donghae looked up and looked at her. She was right, of course he does. He can never forget.

"But-"

"No buts," she removed her hand and just remembered that she was without a shirt. She turned away, taking her shirt and hooping it over her neck. Donghae took a step forward, going towards his locker. This was the first time Donghae had to handle an awkward silnce between them. Yoona continued to remain silent.

"Unless," she took her bag and said, "You don't like me anymore?"

Donghae shot up, "No. Of course not. I love you more than you think." He blurted out. 

"Then why did you break the moment?"

"You have a boyfriend, Yoong. You still can't cheat on him."

"I told you already, I don't love him anymore."

"But still, he is still your boyfriend-"

"Just say that you don't like me anymore!"

She screamed. She turned away before he could explain himself. "Yoona," he chased after her as soon as he changed his top. She ran through the kitchen and out of the cafe. Tears streaming down her face. She ran her way to the bus stop, ignoring his shoutings. 

"Yoona, please," he shouted. He pulled her hand before she could get onto the bus. She looked at him with watery eyes, "What?" Her voice was shivery. Donghae knew what he was doing hurt her a lot. But to him, making her fall back in love with him would hurt even more. His heart ached to see like this. 

"Let me explain," he sighed, "At my house. Okay?"

-

"Yes," MyungJun smiled at Choi Seungwon, Siwon's father, "I will sign this contract on the behalf of my son." They both shook hands. Siwon wanted to stop them but everytime he wanted to speak, his father would stop him. This was not the decision Donghae wanted. 

Siwon watched MyungJun sign the contract helplessly. 

"Thank you, Mister Choi," MyungJun shaked SeungWon's hand again, "For the opportunity. I am sure that my son would like this."

Speaking of the devil, the door flew open. Anxious Donghae stood by the door. He stared at the signed contract from where he was. Yoona was lost, looking at all of them. Donghae shut his eyes in frustration. On the other hand, SeungWon was grinning.

Five week course in America

This can't be happening, Donghae told himself. He can't go, he doesn't want to. On this day, when he wants to tell Yoona how much he loves her and why he couldn't turn up for that date, this happened. Donghae left his father puzzled, "What's wrong, son?"

Donghae shut his eyes and looked away. Yoona looked at him, "Oppa... Are you okay-"

"I am not," he opened his eyes, "I can't be okay." He walked up and Yoona followed. Yoona had questions in her head, messing up her thoughts. Donghae shut the door behind them. Yoona sat down awkwardly on his bed. Donghae sat behind her.

"What's wrong? Is it about that contract?"

Donghae nodded. He did not know where to start. There was too many things to talk about and explain. Oh god, help, Donghae prayed. 

"That contract.. It was about a five week course in America," he started off. Yoona wanted him to go on,

"I don't want to go there. I can't go there. I can't leave this place.. And most importantly," he turned to face her, "I can't leave you." That was what Yoona wanted to hear. 

"But my father signed it," he looked away.

Then, Yoona felt pain in the chest. Not literally, it was the pain she felt years ago when her father left her. 

"You know that I love you, right?"

Yoona nodded. Donghae hugged her and patted her head. Yoona started crying silently. So was Donghae, "I don't want to leave Yoona. I can't live without you, even if it is for a while, I can't go on," he continued to comb her hair. He wrapped his arms around her tightly, not wanted to break the hug, "I love you so much, Yoona, so much, so much," Donghae shut his eyes.

"Oppa," her lips quivered, "Don't leave me."

"I don't want to. But the.. The contract-"

"You have to come back, you must. You will, right," she broke the hug and questioned, "You can't leave me alone. I don't want to be alone again. Okay? You must come back.. For me, okay? Yo-You can't just throw me aside for one contract-"

"I won't. I can't afford to leave you here, " he hugged her again.

"I love you, oppa," she cried, "Very, very, very much."

"I love you too."

--

Yoona broke up with JiYong not long after she heard about Donghae's contract. 

But Donghae couldn't face her during work. The more he looked at her, the more he felt pain.

God, why, he questioned, we have been trying so hard to be together. Finally, we can be but why do you play tricks on us all the time?

He stood outside the cafe entrance. A letter in his hand. He stared at it, "Why," he questioned no one. He made sure Seohyun and Yoona was not there. He popped his head into the cafe. 

"Hyung," he called the manager.

"Ah, Dong-"

Donghae put a finger against his own lips. The manager nodded and asked what was the matter since it was his day off that day. Donghae looked at his feet, "I'm.. I'm resigning-"

"Why?"

Donghae just handed him the letter and left. Yoona walked out of the kitchen and saw him leaving. She quickly put down the tray that she was holding. "Oppa," she called as she raced to the door. Donghae pretended not to hear her. Leave, Donghae, he told himself, shorten her pain. He walked pass the exit.

"Hae oppa," she called again. 

"Oppa!"

Donghae paced up as he saw the bus stop. A car came by, the same car that he saw when he was chasing after the painting. He approached it, ignoring Yoona. 

"Oppa," she touched him before he could reach for the door handle. He let the tear fall. He was so much in pain. He clenched his fist against his chest. 

"What's wrong," she asked and came him turn. He dare not look at her. Yoona was his everything. Being connected to his everything was the best thing that ever happened. He was going to leave Korea soon. He couldn't accept it.

"I'm leaving, Yoong," he cried. It hit her in the face, like a slap. "What," she said, "You are joking, right?" She hoped he was, even though she knew what was the truth. Donghae looked at her, "I am sorry, Yoona, I-I-I-I," he couldn't find the words in his head. Yoona pulled his hand, "Don't apologize. Tell me that you are lying, tell me," she shook his arm. He looked away, crying harder in his silence. 

"Oppa! Don't go," she shouted. She felt the pain of her memories. "Please," she fell into his arms. Instantly, he caught her voluntarily, hugging her tighter than ever. He was silent. "Please," she whispered, "I beg you. I will beg for nothing except for this," she cried. 

"Donghae, time to go," a deep voice said. Both of them looked up. 

"Mister Choi, why," Donghae questioned. SeungWon shaked his head in frustration. Yoona grew a little angry, "Yah! Answer him, answer us!" Donghae looked at her, No, Yoona, don't do this. "Yoong-"

"You can't leave me, you can't," she screamed.

"Donghae," MyungJun called, "Let's go."

"I had a week, that was what the contract said."

Donghae argued pointlessly. The adults did not understand their love story. After so much pain, so much hardships, this was what they end up with. 

"Guys," MyungJun called upon his bodyguards, "Get him in."

His body was dragged by the muscular bodyguards. "No," he shouted, "Yoona." 

"Oppa! No," she screamed as loud as he did. His tears fell off his chin, dripping onto the floor. "Hajima," she screamed as they held her back. They were merciless. Donghae's face was covered with tears. Nothing else mattered but Yoona. He could go through all these but could Yoona? His heart ached as Yoona screamed for his name.

"Oppa, don't go! You can't!"

"Yoona-" his sentence was cut off as the door was thrown back, nearly hitting his face. For those moments, he hated the every single person in the car, including his father. 

"Taxi," Yoona thought as she wiped her tears away. She hailed for a cab. She made sure that she had efficient cash on her. 

"Follow that car in front, and quick."

-

Donghae got off the car and was surprised by the amount of reporters. Flashing lights and cameras snapping shots of them. 

"Mister Choi, is this the boy that you said was going to-"

"No information to be leaked," Seunghyun said quickly, "If you all could make way, we might not be late for the flight."

Reporters turned their attention to Donghae, the clueless young man.

"Who are you? And how are you related to the Chois?"

Donghae continued to look down and walk behind his friend. Siwon rejected the reporters politely. The reporters were not allowed to enter the airport with them for security purposes. Donghae looked at Siwon, "What's with the reporters." Siwon sighed, "It's leaked."

Donghae raised a brow, "What's leaked?"

"My dad fired one of his reliable workers whome he worked with for years. Now, he has found the most reliable and best replacement-"

"It can't be me, right," Donghae stopped walking for a while.

"No, of course not. You are my business partner," Siwon smiled, "This course that we are going to is gonna help us in an exhibition that my parents want me to do," Siwon rubbed the back of his neck. Donghae gulped. What the hell is going on? Donghae looked back at the entrance.

"You guys can sit here-"

MyungJun was interrupted by a voice.

"Donghae!"

Donghae turned instantly as he knew whose voice it was. He smiled instantly. Ignoring his father's callings, he ran towards to the entrance. 

"Yoona ah," Donghae called on her. He tried to pushed himself out of the airport, but the security would not let him. "Yoona," he called again. He saw Yoona crying as the reporters continued to snatch the close up of Donghae. "Oppa," she tried not to cry loudly. She swallowed hard. 

"Please," Donghae begged to God, "please."

"Ah," Donghae's eyes widened as he watched Yoona fall. "Yoona," he shouted. He found her lying against the glass walls that were blocking them from each other. His heart ached as Yoona's face was squeezed together. He swore that he heard a thud when she fell. She ignored the pain and looked at him.

"Oppa," she started crying. Yoona put her hands against the glass. Donghae hurt more as he could not do anything. The worse part was that no one helped her up and the reporters started snapping photos of them. Donghae did not care, all that mattered was Yoona who was in pain.

"Yoona," he called. Yoona looked at him, "I love you," she said, "You can't go now. Not now, please. You can't do this to me," she cried even harder. Tears started to flow out of his eyes. The pain in his heart became bigger. 

"Yoona," he said. He then felt two pairs of arms holding his shoulders. He protested as soon as he saw the two bodyguards again. 

"Don't pulled him away," Yoona said, "Oppa, don't let them separate us," another tear fell. 

"We have to go, Donghae, " MyungJun joined in to pulled him up. Donghae pushed them hard, turned himself on his knees, "Please, appa," he pleaded, "Just once. Let me talk to her for a while. Just a while. Just let me touch her before I go," Donghae cried harder. MyungJun shut his eyes and Donghae waited for an answer. 

"I can't do that," MyungJun said, "But we have fifteen minutes since Mister Choi went to do some arrangements. I am sorry but I guess I can let you have time with her," MyungJun instructed the body guards to let go of him. Donghae crawled to Yoona, who was one glass wall away. There was nothing that could describe this moment. 

"Yoona," his voice was muffed to her, "I am just going to gone for five weeks," he smiled forcefully, "I am not leaving you alone, you understand?"

She shaked her head, "No, I can't live on without you. I just can't," she cried, "I love you so, so, so much. Don't go yet," she hit the glass gently. Donghae wished that he could hug her and tell her that it was going to be alright. 

"I will be back, trust me," he said, "I want to be with you, Yoona."

"Then don't go."

"Yoona, the contact is something that I can't do about," he sighed, "But I promise that I will be back."

"Promise?"

Donghae nodded.

Then the same two arms pulled him away. Yoona knew screaming was no use. She sat in her position and their eyes never looked away. Donghae was dragged away, further and further. His eyes shut, tears fall down his face.

Yoona, wait for me.

You must come back, oppa.

-----------------------------------------------

This chapter is really... short and ty :/ I am so sorry.

So now, you all must be questioning why I said seven years in my foreword...

That part has not started yet :D 

There will be a reason why this 'donghae leaving for five weeks' thing exists. Soon, my subbies... Soon...

For a sneakpeek for the chapter nine/ten (I can't reveal chapter eight sorry), it is going to heal your shipping hearts and you all will be happy ;D 

Before I forget, I want to thank 3 wonderful readers who upvoted my story, KpopYoonHae, nerdscandy and iTaeNy !! Thanks for the upvoting! I only have three for now but... Still, thanks! It is a great encouragement for me to write on for you guys!

Comment. Subscribe. Upvote.

Loves from your author-nim, Sandy.