Healing the wounds

You make my life complete [SEMI HIATUS]

The house was in a town, half an hour behind the school. 

"I missed these days," the trio walked to school. Seohyun smiled, "We surely do."

Yoona hugged Donghae's arm, "Oppa, it has been a long time since we had a proper date." Seohyun looked at them and pouted, "Are you chasing me away?" She pretended to cry but ended up laughing with the other two. It was autumn, the leaves were bright. These was like their love journey, it can be so bright before they lose it all. Donghae knew that someday, Yoona would be crying as he leave her, with sweet and painful memories. 

He looked at her, how long will she smile when he leaves on that day?

"Stop looking at me like that," she looked away shyly. Donghae smiled and ruffled her hair. Seohyun watched as Yoona chased Donghae down the pavement. She only smiled to herself, imagining that Siwon was beside her. Seohyun believed that some day that it would be her turn to be in love. 

"Wait for me!" Seohyun ran up to them and the three walked to school happily.

--

Three weeks passed and many things have changed for the better. Yoona could walk with Donghae home without watching over their shoulders. They could have fun without worrying of anything. Yoona felt the happiest. 

"What do you want to do this weekend?"

"I don't know. Seohyun is going to be camping in school for band camp. It's going to be boring."

"I am a boring boyfriend?" Donghae pouted at her. She giggled and pinched his nose, "Maybe I do like boring guys like you." Donghae smiled and pulled her closer to him. They lied down on the bed, looking up at the blue ceiling. 

"Yoona, time goes pass so quickly. We are in our last year of high school now," Donghae smiled to himself. Yoona curled in, closer to him, "I know that, baby." Her head placed nicely on his shoulder and his arms to her side. 

"I am going to take a bath," Donghae suggested and sat back up. Yoona watched as he stood up. "Wait," she said and he turned to look at her, "Me too."

They looked at each other as they sat in the bath tub. Yoona sat on the one side and Donghae was on the other. Yoona looked down at the bubbles of soap above the waters. Donghae still continued to look at her. Yoona looked up slowly, " I am sorry to let you see all these."

"No, honey. You are beautiful."

"I am not, oppa. My father left me with scars and pain," she started tearing up. She did not dare to look into his eyes. "I am sorry," she whispered and stood up. She tried getting out but Donghae held her wrist. She shook her head and was already in tears. Donghae's other hand stretched up to touch her face. 

"No," he whispered to her, "Don't ever say that, Yoona."

She joined back in with him, lying in his arms. "Thank you so, so much."

Yoona enjoyed the fact that Donghae accepted her, unlike the others. He scrubbed her back with a sponge. It was like he was washing her pain away. The scars always reminded Yoona of those memories but, Donghae made it all feel so good. 

Donghae kissed her  forehead, "Don't ever think that way, you hear me?" Yoona nodded and rested in his arms.

 

Yoona couldn't fall asleep that night. Donghae slept so soundly. His face was so beautiful, something Yoona could admire all night. She put the covers over his shoulder. Yoona smiled when Donghae mumbled funny things in his sleep.

"No.. Blue is nicer.. Yeah.. I know... Blue.. blue, blue, blue," Yoona heard him again. She pushed his fringe off his face, "That's your favourite colour, silly."

Yoona sat by the balcony, thinking of thoughts she hasn't really touched for the pass few days. She looked up to find the stars, just like when she was younger.

"Yoona, your daddy's home," I heard my mother called. I turned from the window and looked at her, "Okay." I went to the door and went to the living room with my mother. Daddy used to teach math and biology in my school. He decided to change his career.. to .. Something that I could never question about. 

We found daddy on the couch, in a lazy position. I could smell a heavy and bittery in the air. Daddy had a green glass bottle in his hand I did not feel good about it. My mother pulled me closer. I looked at her for an answer but she couldn't, because she was not sure either. 

"Daddy," I whispered but my mother shook her head. She held my hand tightly and we took steps back while daddy took steps towards us.

"Daddy!"

We started running when I saw my daddy swing the bottle high before it hit onto the floor. That was what happened to my family, just like that glass bottle, it shattered. My mother locked the door and tried to make me ignore the loud bangings and shoutings of my daddy. That was not my daddy. My daddy was no drunk man. Then I came to realise, my daddy has disappeared. His body was taken over by another stranger. 

I was not able to remember what really happened after that night. Everything came like a rush. But it went on and on. 

"Tell her to get out now!"

"No, dear! Don't hurt her!"

"You little rascal, come out of there!" 

I would cup my ears but it never helped. I slept in fear every night, afraid that some night, he would find the keys to unlock my door. And he did. I watched when the door drew open slowly. I knew that I had nowhere to go. Even I try to run pass him, he would catch me. I stared to the unknown man. I called him, 'Charlie'. My mother and I hated Charlie. He was not nice, he was nasty. 

He would touch me. He abused me. It was either a cane or his leather belt. I started wearing long sleeves and long pants. I would stay at home most of the time until my friends thought I was real ill. I did not want them to know, not even my closest friends. I would cry to myself often.

Many things changed. 

Daddy changed. No. He disappeared.

Mother rarely smiled.

The scar marks around my back and thighs were more and darker. 

And when I got back to school, I did not know why. Why did they looked at me that way? My closest friends stared and when I looked at them for an answer, they walked away. The teachers would whisper things to each other when I walk pass.

Was I really naive or pretending?

Some part of me felt it coming. Everyone knew about my life, my dad and what had happened.

I looked at the mirror sometimes: "Who would want to have a dirty friend?"

Then it came a day when we left my daddy. The day I left the school where all of my friends turned against me. But there was no way to leave the memories, they are going to be with me forever. 

"Hey, are you thinking of things again?"

Donghae's warm and sleepy voice made her turn away from her thoughts. She just realized that he was squatted beside her seat, smiling at her. She sniffed before touching his face, "Did I woke you up?"

He did not reply but just look at her with sad eyes. He sighed softly to himself, "Your tears woke me up." Yoona then realized that her tears were streaming down her cold cheeks. His fingers wiped them away. Slowly, he stood up. Yoona looked up at him.

"Come here," he hugged her. Her cheek rested against his torso. That was where she cried even more. "You are seriously such a silly fella, do you know that?" He said to her as he patted her head. She wrapped her arms around him.

"Baby,"  he broke the hug and looked at her again. He bent to her height. She sniffed once more and wiped her tears. "It breaks my heart that I can't heal your pain," he said, "But I try, Yoona. I try t-"

Yoona pressed her lips against his. Donghae couldn't help but return what she had asked for. From the window, he scopped her into his arms and onto the bed that he slept on earlier. He touched her face, wiping those fallen tears again. 

Yoona's hands moved up to the back of his neck. Their kisses were deeper and Yoona could feel Donghae closely. His kisses trailed down her lips, to her jawline, then to her neck. The way he touched her was so gentle.

"Let's do it," Yoona looked at him. Donghae pushed her fringe off her face but did not say a thing. Yoona's eyes looked into his, "Say something." She shook his lightly. Donghae pursed his lips before speaking, "Are you sure?"

She nodded.

"Yoona," Donghae crawled above her, "I don't want you to get hurt again." Yoona shook her head, "I won't, because it is you. You will never want to hurt me." Donghae smiled at her.

Yoona swore to God that it was the most passionate night she ever had with Donghae.

-

Yoona woke up without Donghae beside her. She wrapped the soft blanket around her body as she spotted a note on the wall by the door.

Please follow the yellow arrows on the floor.

Ignoring this is not allowed!

Yoona smiled to herself and followed what the note said. She was excited right in the morning and wondered what Donghae had for her. She followed the ugly yellow arrows he had pasted on the wooden tiled floor. She picked each that she walked pass. It led her to another room, which none of the three used. The door made a ear-piercing sound as she pushed it open. Her eyes reflected the blue glitter.

It was all that she wanted for prom. She smiled as she stepped closer to the gown that Donghae put on the chair. She touched it and smiled to herself. The table beside the chair had the pair of heels Yoona loved when they went pass the shoe shop. 

"Do you like it?" A voice came from behind and Yoona smiled at him. She nearly tripped on the blanket that wrapped herself. Donghae held her before she fell any further. He smiled at her, "You do, don't you?"

Yoona nodded, "You are really chessy."

"And you like it," Donghae kissed her forehead.

The couple stayed in each other's embracement, not hoping to let go of each other.

-------

I . So, so, so, so badly. I am sorry. T^T

I think that I am getting worse at this. But you all will hate me more for the next chapter. You will see why.

And if it wasn't clear enough, yes, they had *ehem ehem**ehem ehem*

I am so sorry once again, I will try harder.