Side chapter : Siwon

You make my life complete [SEMI HIATUS]

This is not really a chapter, more of knowing Siwon in the story and what's going on in his mind. And I think that he needs some focus too! Enjoy!

This is a spoiler: Siwon likes Seohyun and this is how he feels about the entire stuation and the exhibition. You can't blame author-nim, I didn't ask you to highlight this xD Enjoy!

///////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

He never understood how he survived with his father. Sooyoung couldn't take it, maybe this was why their mother divorced their father. Siwon just did not say a thing. 

Everything has been crazy. Ever since the Yuri situation, things has gone out of mind. No one expected his father to be so dominating still and cause havoc onto Donghae and his father. Siwon was sad for them, Yoona and especially Seohyun. She was a beautiful young girl. A girl who was good to her own parents and knew what was right and wrong. They attended church together but something changed his feelings one day.

"Oppa, let's get some ice cream, can we?"

"Of course we can," I smiled at Seohyun. Her laughter was like a child's and it tickled me, in a good way. Her smile was bright that it would form one on my face. We walked out of church together. Our parents will be late so we decided to go the nearby ice-cream shop. I have heard from Seohyun that they have created six more flavours of their own and she sounded excited about it.

We waited by the traffic light for the green man. The red man turned green. Like how a gentleman would do, I led her first. She smiled at me but suddenly, it was gone.

"Be careful!" She pulled me back to the pavement and a sports car dashed pass the traffic light. She watched the car and shook her head. She looked back at me, "Are you okay?" I just nodded. She hugged onto my arm, "Be more careful, okay. Come on," she pulled me along and we crossed the road. She didn't let go even though we were onto the other side already. She giggled at me, "See! Six new flavours and you have to try their salted caramel flavour," she let go of me and pushed the glass door of the shop. The bell rang and a lady served us. I watched Seohyun order.

"I may I have salted caramel, wasabi, bubble tea, strawberry and cookies & cream. One scoop each and all separated, thank you," Seohyun looked back at me. She took out her wallet, wanting to pay. I was quicker, I paid for us. She pouted, "You always pay, oppa."

"Well, you have to let the gentleman pay," I said. She smiled at me. After getting my change back, Seohyun pulled me to a table and we both sat down.

"Oppa, trust me, the ice cream is great here," she leaned onto her hands. I nodded, "I do. I better not be disappointed."

We chatted for a while, about being in rich families and how life was crazy sometimes. I really enjoy her accompany, something inside of me told me so. 

"My god," she was looking outside. We both witnessed a mother scolding her child. The son was crying hard. The mother was hard on him. We heard the shoutings in muffle and the last sentence shook Seohyun.

"YOU ARE USELESS AND STUPID! I DO NOT WANT A SON LIKE THAT ANYMORE!"

The mother stormed away. The son chased his mother but was pushed. The boy cried as he fell. His mother was not joking and she left the scene. My heart ached. Seohyun's eyes were watery but she blinked them away. She stood up and look at me, "I will be right back."

She walked to the door and exited the shop. She approached the boy. She rubbed the back of the boy. Her fingers wiped away his tears. I just watched, her face was so beautiful and full of concern for the boy who was sobbing. The boy lied into her arms and Seohyun still rubbed his back. She must have the words to touch the boy's heart and make him feel loved. I always believed that she was a fallen angel, every kid in church was attracted to her. 

And maybe.. I was too.

She scooped the boy into her arms and brought him into the shop. 

"Do you want some ice cream?" She asked. The little boy looked at the ice cream and slowly, he nodded. Seohyun smiled, "Okay, let's see. What do you want?"

He looked hesitant but he pointed at the ice cream, "Chocolate."

Seohyun ordered, "One scoop of chocolate please-"

"Noona," the boy swallowed, "Can I also have the apple flavour too?"

"Of course, Jeonghoon," she smiled. She turned back to the counter, "And one scoop of apple, thank you." She paid for the boy and they both walked to our table. Seohyun carried him to sit beside me. She sat beside him, "This is Siwon and he is my friend."

"Annyeong hassayo," he said in a soft voice. I smiled at him, "Hey, buddy."

His name was Jeonghoon. He was just six years old. He told Seohyun that his father left the family and now, his mother left him. He was about the cry. 

"Hey, you are a great boy, Jeonghoon," Seohyun said. "That is why I am treating you ice cream." Instantly, he smiled. 

I heard a bell ring, not something physical, something in me rang. I looked at Seohyun and what seems like glitter surrounded her in my vision. Something struck me, I was in love. In this moment, I have forgotten about everything, the ice-cream, Yuri and the little boy. All I see was Seohyun. And then I was very sure, I was in love with Seo JooHyun.

Siwon was extremely excited of Seohyun joining in the exhibition. 

"Here," Siwon offered her a cup of orange juice. Seohyun tried smiling and accepted his offer, "Thank you." She drank the orange juice before smiling back at Siwon. He sat beside her after he poured himself coffee. 

"So I heard that you are joining the exhibition project?" Siwon asked politely, even though his father has already told him. Seohyun put down her drink and nodded, "I guess so. I think my parents will make me join it anyway. So there isn't much things I can do-"

"But, hey," Siwon cut her sentence by accident, "It's going to be fun, trust me."

"Really?" Seohyun looked at him in the eye. Siwon nodded. Their conversation ended as SeungWon came over to get them to the meeting room. Siwon smiled at Seohyun before they followed his father.  I can try to protect you, Seohyun. He thought to himself. Seohyun looked nervous as they came to the door of the room. 

The doors opened. 

"Son, this is Mister Seo and Missus Seo," SeungWon introduced his son to HyunDon and MiYeon. Like how he was always taught, he shaked their hands and greeted them politely. Seohyun smiled at her parents. They sat down and SeungWon started speaking, "As I was saying, Seohyun is a talented painter. I believe that if she joins in, she will have a brighter future with the two boys."

Seohyun's parents nodded and Seohyun just sat there. Siwon was worried of how Seohyun was feeling.

It's going to be alright, Seohyun.

Siwon paid more attention as he heard his name being mentioned, "Siwon has been friends with Seohyun. I believe that they will work together very well." Siwon nodded. He did not understand why his father needed to persuade Seohyun's parents when their faces looked like they have been already persuaded. 

"Like tradition, marriages between families would be great for businesses."

The two younger ones gasped. Seohyun and Siwon looked at each other. Seohyun's eyes had the look of pain. Siwon looked away, his heart ached. Even if Seohyun was going to marry him and he would be happy, she wouldn't be. Siwon believes that if he truly loves her, he would let her search for her own happiness.

"Seohyun will be marrying," SeungWon paused and looked at Seohyun whose eyes were forming tears, "Lee Donghae."

That was a surprise to Siwon. He stood up immediately and walked out of the room. The door slammed back and he walked off. Was he angry? Sad? Or disappointed? He all the way out, to the open balcony. His hands grabbed onto the handle. He leaned against it. Siwon did not want to believe what he heard and it kept repeating in his mind.

"No," he whispered to himself. He did not know what to do. The girl he had a crush on since God know when was going to marry his bestfriend. Who in the world would want that to happen? 

"Oppa," he turned to see who it was. Sooyoung's hand reached to his shoulder, "Weren't you having a meeting? Why are you out here?"

He just responded with a sigh. Sooyoung leaned on the railings, "Ah, it must be dad and his," she pointed her fingers in the air and curled them up and down, showing inverted commas, "good reasoning, isn't it?" She laughed. She stopped as she saw her brother not returning a laugh like how he usually would. Her eyes looked at him, "Oppa, is everything okay?"

"I don't know."

They decided to go to the cafe at the rooftop. Like always, Sooyoung brewed coffee for Siwon and herself. 

"Here you go, " she smiled as she placed two cups onto the table that they were sitting at. Siwon thanked her before taking a sip of coffee. 

"So, Seohyun is marrying Donghae for this," she asked again. Siwon nodded. His eyes were sad. Sooyoung folded her arms, "This is totally disgusting. How can they do that to a young lady, " she stood up dramatically with a fist in mid air, "Every woman should have her right to pursue her dreams and her deserved happiness," she sat back down, "Unless she isn't deserving of that. Then that's okay-"

"No! She is deserving to search for her own happiness!" He protested. Sooyoung jumped, shocked that her brother was acting in such a way. She sat back straight, deducing of his reactions. Her light bulb lighted up, "You like.. Seohyun?"

"Yeah," Siwon replied in a soft voice. Sooyoung squrimed in excitement. But she looked down, "Then.. Aren't you stopping them?" Siwon sighed, "I can't. Her parents signed the contract happily. And you know that it means serious business when it comes to contracts." 

There wasn't much Siwon could do. He was sure that Donghae would disagree. But to his father, they were children whom he assume are too young to understand. He knows that his father is unreasonable and he cannot stand it.

"So.. Seohyun is willingly to marry Donghae?" Sooyoung cut his thoughts. He turned to look at her, "No. Of course not." 

"Is she in love with you then?"

"I don't know," Siwon looked down. Maybe, he didn't want to know. He was afraid that something bad would happen to her, like how things happened to Yuri. Siwon can't lose anyone he loved again. Well, he was already going to lose Seohyun. That contract, oh, it made his blood boil. How could his father be so unreasonable? How could Seohyun's parents treat her like that, leaving her no choice and marry someone she didn't love? And what were they thinking? They were still living in the past, where arranged marriages were things that happen everyday?

"Oppa," Sooyoung held his hand, "There is got to be something you know or can do."

Siwon sighed, "No, Soo, I can't do anything. We are left with no choice."

He took a final sip of his coffee and left without saying goodbye to his little sister. He decided to go home and have a rest. It was such a big blow for all of them. Then he saw Donghae's father, MyungJun. He had an idea.

"Sir, " he called politely. MyungJun turned right away as he recongised the voice right away. Siwon ran to him and smiled, "I have something important to discuss with you." Siwon took MyungJun to his personal office. The older one took a seat in front of Siwon. 

"It's something bad," Siwon started.

"What's wrong, Siwon?"

"Donghae," he said, "My father had the Seo Family to join the exhibiton and he wants their child, Seohyun, to marry him. They signed the contract already and I.. I.." He couldn't speak. MyungJun leaned back in his seat, "SeungWon didn't tell me anything about that."

"He didn't speak to anyone about it. Not even me," Siwon said, "Seohyun.. She.. She's a kind young lady, she doesn't deserve this," he felt a sting in his nose. He covered his face with his hands. Tears wetting his face and hands. MyungJun did not really understand why Siwon was acting in such a way.

"I am sorry, sir," Siwon wiped his tears, "I am in love with Seohyun. That is why I am anxious about this. And I don't want Donghae to fall into such a situation. I'm sorry," he sniffed. MyungJun understood. He looked out of the door, "Well, Siwon. We shall attend your father's meeting first and discuss this in a bit, okay," he said, "Come on, boy. Don't cry. Things will change," he rubbed Siwon's back lightly. Siwon nodded. After wiping his tears, they headed to the meeting room together.

--

Siwon didn't feel like speaking to his father ever since he heard of the arranged marriage. 

"I am fine, dad," he said plainly. It was too plain for SeungWon's liking. 

"Son, there are things that you are not telling me," SeungWon patted on Siwon's back. Siwon let a breath, loud. He stood up and left the table. Sooyoung remained silent and continued enjoying her spaghetti. She looked at Siwon's plate, it had half full. Her eyes glowed, "Can I have oppa's share?" SeungWon just nodded, "Sure. Well, I'm full as well."

Sooyoung was left alone at the table. She peeped at her father's plate, "Oh yeah, another half plate."

Siwon entered his room and the first thing he did was locking the door. He put his heavy self on bed. His eyes looked up at the ceiling that was painted like the sky. Blue and clouded with some white. It reminded him of Seohyun. Her eyes were clear as the sky but sometimes, they were clouded, like she had something to hide. 

His cellphone rang. He sat back up and digged into his pocket. 

"Oppa," her voice was shivery and shaky. Siwon's chest ached.

"What's wrong, Seohyun?"

"I-I-I don't know what to do.. I-I-I fe-feel like dying," she said. Siwon's eyes widened. She used to be a happy and bright girl, never thought of death or anything of that sort.

"Seohyun, where are you?" He tried staying calm but his voice shook as well. Seohyun sniffed once more, "Home. And.. A-a-alone," she broke into tears again. Siwon swallowed hard before speaking again, "Seo, I will be there, okay? I will figure things out for you, okay?"

"Hmm, " she said.

"You must not do anything silly things, you understand me?" He grabbed for coat and took himself out of his room. 

"Nae, oppa. Come," she paused, "Come quickly." She didn't say goodbye. And Siwon swore that he heard her cry before she hung up. He put his phone into his pocket. Sooyoung, who was still eating, saw him running out.

"Oppa, where are you going?"

"To the Seo's," he put his shoes on and took his car keys.

"But, oppa-"

He ran out of the dining room. He ran through the hallway and damn, why was their house this big? He took the shortcut to where his car was parked. This was when their bulter stopped him, "Sir, going out at this time is not recommended."

"I have no time for that," Siwon shrugged off his hand and hoped onto his car. He drove out of their area and left the Choi's. His heart was racing against the speed of his car. 

Nae, oppa. Come, come quickly.

Her words repeated in his head. He couldn't shake it out and he had to get there quickly.

He parked the car outside her house and headed to the gates. "Seohyun, it's me," then the gates opened. Seohyun opened the door. Before he could greet her, Seohyun pulled him for a hug. Her tears went deep his shirt. Her face leaned on his chest. Her cries were heart-aching. Siwon swallowed.

"Oppa," she said, looking at him. 

"Yes, Seohyun, what is wrong?"

She leaned into his arms again, not telling him anything. 

"Seohyun, if this business is bugging you, I can talk it out of my dad-"

Seohyun leaned up for a taste of his moving lips. How sweet and wonderful it was. Seohyun moved her hands up his shoulders. Siwon found himself leaning on a wall behind them. 

"Seohyun," he tried speaking, "Your parents," Seohyun shut the door and broke their kiss.

"They are not home,"

How could she know my secret?

My only secret, within the chained box in my heart. I was sure that I didn't left any clues anywhere.

Especially for her.

How was it even possible?

I haven't feel so close to her, it was like I could feel her heart. 

How precious, like gold. 

The way she was looking at me all this time was so different from what it used to be.

Her eyes spoke a million words.

Words that she will never say or tell.

And she caught me surprisingly,

to find out that we had the same secret.

"So, all this time, Seohyun?"

Seohyun lied in his arms, laughing to herself. She played with his fingers before intertwining them with hers. She smiled to herself. Siwon kissed the back of her neck.

"Maybe if God didn't ask me, I wouldn't have knew, oppa."

Siwon turned the side of the table, it was already 3:00 AM. He had to leave or else they would be caught for such a sin. 

"Don't worry," her hand reached for his cheek, "My parents won't be home until tomorrow night. Stay all you want, oppa. I am willingly to lie in your arms like this, forever." Her head rubbed onto his bare chest. His hands rested on her back, to hold her closer to him.

I am sorry, my father

But this is love, and you said that I had to grab it before it slips away, right?

Seohyun is the one and I am sure.

We have already commited what has been forbidden

Sorry

Siwon sat in his car seat and waved goodbye to Seohyun. His car drove off. 

"Oppa," Sooyoung ran towards his car as he parked it in a lot outside the house. Sooyoung swallowed and her hands were shaking. Siwon held them and looked at her, "What's wrong, Soo?"

"I-I-I-I overheard their meeting," she gulped again, "They are going to catch Donghae and Yoona."

That sounded horrible. Since when did they ever need to do such thing? For just an exhibition? What the hell was his father thinking of? Siwon could not believe that he was hearing. 

Sooyoung took him to the meeting room. Their footsteps echoed as they got closer to the doors of the room. They could hear their father speaking loudly. Siwon grabbed the handle, wanting to open the door. Sooyoung stopped him, "No, oppa. You know how dad hates people entering the meeting room like that."

"But he shouldn't have made me," Siwon said and he pushed the doors open. Everyone in the room looked at him. SeungWon was caught surprised to see his son enter rudely. Siwon just sat down and did not say a thing. "Go on," Siwon gestured his father who was explaining on his plan. 

"You are not afraid of getting caught by the police?" Siwon asked as soon as the meeting ended. He followed his father out the room. SeungWon decided to ignore him until they get to the car. Siwon got in before his father who shut the door. "To the house," he instructed the driver and it left the buliding.

"The police force which checks on us are corrupted, son. They would take a bill instead of a criminal," SeungWon said casually.

"But dad, we were normal students. Why do you have to flip our lives upside down?"

"You guys are geniuses and talented young people. That's how people can successful," SeungWon sighed, feeling that their conversation was pointless. 

"Siwon, I know that you are worried about your friends but.. They were turn out fine. You should be happy, a marriage is coming."

"Then.. How about Yoona, Donghae's girlfriend?"

"Isn't much of my concern-"

"It is concerning," Siwon cut of his father by accident, "Yoona and Seohyun are friends. We can't do that to them. It's unfair to all of us," Siwon said. His father remained silent and shut his eyes. Siwon knew it was going to irritate his father but, Seohyun did not deserve anything like that. Actually, none of them did.

"How is it unfair to you, son? You are getting all the benefits," SeungWon decided to reply his doubtful son.

"I can never look at Seohyun the same again," Siwon said as the car stopped in front of the house. Siwon stepped out of the car immediately.

--

"What the hell are you thinking?"

Siwon shouting at the poor innocent maid who was sobbing. Apparently, Siwon denied of calling for the wrong tea. He wanted coffee but told her to make rea tea. He sighed in frustration. The maid swallowed before picking up the broken pieces of the cup.

"Get out," the maid jumped but persisted on picking the pieces, "Get out!" He pointed at the door. The maid wiped her tears away before walking out of the room. Siwon covered his face in frustration.

"Seohyun will lure them out," Father explained to me. It was ridiculous. And crazy. 

"What?"

"They trust Seohyun the most," Father smiled at me. "The faster she meets them, the faster our project can start. We also have to get Yoona out of the way. She created too much trouble."

"No, dad," I stood up. Sooyoung looked at me, hoping for me to calm down and have a proper lunch. I am sorry, Soo. I cannot. I will not let things like that happen to Seohyun, Donghae or Yoona. They never wanted to be part of this, never. Father looked at me, "Sit."

"No. Only when you change your mind," I persisted. He pulled me down to my seat. I looked at the food in my plate. I had no more appeitite. Thinking of Seohyun crying and being hurt just makes me feel the same. 

"Come on," Sooyoung said before I could, "Let's have lunch, proper lunch. We have to go out with our friends, remember?" She stressed on her last word. I don't remember about any hang outs today. But if Sooyoung says so, I have to go. I just nodded before eating my meal. The food in my mouth tasted like nothing. My tongue was numb. My feelings were numb, unless it is Seohyun. My feelings come to live when I am with her, when she holds my hand secretly or when her head would lie on my shoulder. 

I wiped my mouth with a napkin. I pushed my seat out, "I will get prepared." I did not look at Father. What was the point of looking at him anyway? I walked upstairs.

"In life, we can't be selfish, oppa," Sooyoung spoke as we walked down the path to the park nearby. It was quiet, except for some young children playing at the playground. We stopped to sit on one of the empty benches before I spoke, "I am not. I just want to have what I want." I heard her sigh. I know that she was looking at me but I did not return the glance. I looked at the clouds above, "Ever since mother left, I never really wanted anything so bad. I always listened to Father all the time."

"Then, life is selfish," she commented before smiling as she looked at her feet. She swung her feet back and fro.Her feet occasionally brushing against the floor below. I leaned back into the bench, "Of course. So I am not letting it win this time."

"Glad to hear," she said, "I thought that you would resist."

I raised a brow. Wasn't this going to change my mind and not make things hard for Father?

"What?"

She smiled, letting out a small soft laughter, "I am not interfering unless I have too. I guess I don't need to." She folded her arms and leaned back like how I did. I smiled at her before we continued to enjoy the breeze.

Speaking of the devil, she knocked on the door, "Can I come in master Choi?" Siwon turned away from his working table and saw his younger sister by the door. She must have heard him. He rubbed his forehead before nodding at her. She got one of the maids to clean up for Siwon. He shut his eyes as Sooyoung sat in front of him.

"Is it still troubling you?"

"Yes. How will it not trouble me?"

"Oh yeah," she thought of something. She began to search for something in her jeans' pockets. 

"Mister Lee says he wants to meet you for dinner tonight," Sooyoung said before drawing out a card. "This is the address of the restaurant." She skipped out of the room happily. Siwon looked at the card before putting it into his pocket. He took his jacket before leaving the room. 

-

Was he ready for Seohyun to be taken away for a while?

Siwon swallowed his drink as MyungJun watched. The older man sighed, "I don't want Donghae to be taken away from me either," he continued to explained. "But if it is the best for him, protect him, then I am willing to let him go, I trust that you can do that, for Seohyun, right?"

Siwon nodded before pulling back his tears. MyungJun gave him a quick smile before going on, "Your father said that Seohyun will be meeting them after three days. I already have people back in town to help me take care of them, a proper place for them. All I need is someone to stop your father during that meeting."

Siwon looked at MyungJun, "And is that person me?"

"I guess so, Siwon," MyungJun sighed, "I am sorry that you can't give Seohyun a last goodbye." Siwon nodded, trying to give it in. It was for Seohyun's safety. He would be more then willing to do so. Siwon smiled, "It's okay. It's for their good."

---

"Are you asking me on a date?"

Siwon laughed. "Yes, yes, yes. You can say that."

Seohyun smiled to herself, remaining silent for a while. He thought that she hung up on him, rejecting him. He sat straight, "Seohyun? Are you still there?" She laughed in return. "I am still here," he sighed. Her thanked God before going on to the phone call. "So, tomorrow?"

"Of course," she nodded, even though he could not see it. It was a good news and bad news for Siwon. Seohyun loved him back but it might be his last goodbye. They would be sent to a small town, an hour away from their school. The town where Donghae used to came from. Siwon can't go near them, to avoid events to repeat themselves. He did not want them to get caught. Things were never meant to be so crazy in the first place. 

Siwon hung up before falling asleep, dreaming of his paradise with Seohyun.

He wished that time was not so fast. The day went pass quick and they were walking down the beach. The sun was setting, the view that Seohyun loved. She smiled, "It's so beautiful," she pointed at the sun. Siwon smiled as they stopped to sit and admire at the scenery. She leaned her head on his shoulder. Something about his broad shoulders made her feel safe and loved. Their fingers interlocked and Seohyun smiled.

"You haven't spoke much today," she said, not looking away from the sun. 

"Nothing. It's nothing."

"Really?"

Siwon nodded and once again, remaining silent. Seohyun sat up straight to look at him. He turned to her, wondering why she was acting in such a way. Did she found out about him? 

"Okay," she leaned back and enjoyed the scenery with her hands around his arm.

This is my last goodbye, Seohyun. His eyes never left the sun as it set. His head lied on top of hers. Goodbye, Seohyun. If it's fate, we will love again.

------------------------------

This goes to the beautiful fans of DerpWon

How can you not love him? Hahas~~ 

Am I the only one listening to Sam Tsui's songs? There are so amazing that i am like ASDFHKKHGFSASDDFGFDGFDHJKL. They are so inspirational for fanfics! So I wanna hear for your opinions of this fanfic: http://keepyournosesawayfromhere.blogspot.sg/2013/06/shadow.html

I am not so sure of posting it here, on aff, since I am working on this~~ ^^ If you have the time, T^T PLEASEUU HELP ME MAKE A DECISION BY TELLING ME IF IT IS WORTH POSTING A FOREWORD AND HOW YOU THINK ABOUT IT~~

I wanna thank upvoters again! ambai90, malik201 and KPOP_Addicts

Love you all, subbies! Remember:

Subscribe, Comment, Upvote!