Best friends

You make my life complete [SEMI HIATUS]

Yoona hid behind the walls, where Donghae told her to be. Did Donghae made it? Or was he taken away already? Yoona was lost and afraid. She couldn't lose him another time. She wiped the beads of sweat off her forehead. She could feel that they were still there. She shut her eyes, slowly moving away from the exit. She pursed her lips and prayed for the best.

"Where did she go?"

"I don't know. She may have gone that way, come on," the footsteps soften and then the disappeared. Yoona let out her breath.

"Yoona," his whispery voice scared her. Her hand landed on her chest, "Jeez, you scared me."

"Sorry. Come on."

Donghae wrapped his fingers around her hand. Yoona knew that her decision was right, Donghae made everything better. She smiled to herself. They came to a flight of stairs. Yoona stopped and looked at Donghae, "I never knew that there was such a flight of stairs at the hotel," she said.

"Now, you know," he kissed her forehead. Instead of proceeding upstairs, he leaned her to a wall. Yoona giggled, "What are you doing?" Donghae did not say a thing, just smiled. He leaned on his both hands which were beside her head. Yoona poked his cheek, "Don't be up to something."

"And I know you like it," Donghae leaned his forehead against hers. Without hesitation, he kissed her. He could feel her smile and her. Yoona pushed him away and ran up like a child. Donghae was taken by surprised, "Yah! Im Yoona!"

"You have to be faster, Mister Lee!" Her voice contained laughter and it echoed. Donghae tried catching up, "You are so evil to your own boyfriend," he commented as he ran. Yoona giggled once more, "You are the only man I bully, Hae. Why would I miss a chance?"

Their chase ended as they got to the exit of the stairs. Donghae wrapped his arms around her waist, "Got you."

"Because I let you."

"Hey," his voice deep and again, he was acting a child whose mum didn't want to buy him candy. Yoona laughed again and their hands touched. Her fingers were contained within his palm, "I wanna let you know that once I hold you, I am never letting go," he kissed her hand. She smiled and nodded, "Oh really."

"Yeah, of course."

"Who could forget that one time you left me waiting in that cafe for more than an hour because you were playing that stupid crawl machine, trying to pick up Elmo?"

Donghae whined, "It was going to be yours until the kid cut my line and picked it out instead," he leaned his face on her shoulder, "And Elmo was cute."

"More cute than me, right?"

"No!" he answered and earned another giggle. He loved her laughter. It was such a eargasm and Donghae loved every bit of it, every bit of her. His thumb rubbed the back of her hand. The corners of his mouth moved up to form a smile. His eyes looked into hers, they were so beautiful like crystals. Looking long enough, he turned to unlock the door and they entered the hotel room. 

-

"You want to see us?"

"Yes. Where are you guys?"

"I will text you the address," Yoona hung up. Donghae peeked as he continue to lie in bed. His hair was messy and he did not want to get up. He groaned after looking out at the window. The sun was shined into his eyes and it stung. He stretched and sat up slowly. He smiled at Yoona who stared blankly at him, "Don't act like that, you are so scary."

Donghae's smile did not disappear, "I am happy that I wake up to see an angel," Yoona shaked her head before looking away. Donghae got off bed and went to her. His hands held her shoulder and massaged them, "Who was it?"

Yoona touched one of his arms, "It was Seohyun. I think that she wants to help." Donghae nodded before rubbing his eyes. He yawned once more before entering the toilet. 

After Donghae had a refreshing shower, they heard a doorbell. Yoona smiled, "It's Seohyun for sure." She opened the door and was right. Seohyun was there but was it really her? Seohyun was not smiling and she looked.. Different. Not physically, her face did not brightened up like how it always did. Her head hung low before looking up at Yoona slowly, "Hey."

"Hey, come in," Yoona threw away her doubts and pulled her best friend in. Yoona invited Seohyun to sit on a chair. 

"He's in the bathroom," Yoona said, "So what's with the early visit?"

Seohyun swallowed, as if nervous of saying something. Yoona lowered to see Seohyun, "Are you okay?"

"Yes, of course."

"You are.. Acting weirdly..":

Donghae interrupted as he opened the door and entering the room with a towel over his shoulders. He yawned once more, "I am still so tired." Yoona smiled, "You are never enough of sleep. Come on, I guess Seohyun is joining us for breakfast."

"Oh, no. I am going to make it short."

Donghae looked weirdly at Seohyun before speaking, "What is so short that you can't speak it over breakfast?" He seemed suspicious, "Is there something wrong?" Yoona watched Seohyun, her lips quivered. Her lips pursed, "Nothing is wrong-"

"Then let's go," Yoona smiled and pulled Seohyun out of the hotel room. Yoona hooked arms with the other two and left for breakfast.

 

Seohyun only ordered coffee and the other two were still looking at the menu.

"What do you wanna get?"

"No, what are you getting?"

"I thinking.. Maybe this? Looks good."

"I will get something different," Donghae flipped the page, "Okay." He shut the menu and called for a waitress. Seohyun just watched as they ordered. They were happy and they had Seohyun's blessing but was it her choice to give?

"So what is it that you wanna tell me?" Yoona asked Seohyun. Donghae leaned onto the table, "I am so hungry." Yoona played with his hair before hitting his head gently, "Just wait, okay?" Donghae nodded and continued to leaned on the table. Yoona turned her attention back to Seohyun. 

She did not want this to happen, who would want to? Blame herself for letting herself get seen painting by her front yard. And it had to be Mister Choi who saw her. Like how he did to Donghae, Seohyun's was taken so that she would go as well. Seohyun wanted to reject but their parents knew each other. Seohyun cried for nights. She can't believed that her parents put her into such a project. They knew how hurt she would be but they did it anyway. What was worse?

"Bring that boy back."

"Why, umma?"

"Well, your dad and I decided with Mister Choi to let you two get into a relationship."

Seohyun felt so sad and hurt. She hid herself in her room for a few days before deciding to leave it aside. 

"I.. I... I don't know how to start."

"If something is wrong," Yoona held her hand, "We will always be here for you."

Seohyun did not dare to look into their eyes which were full of trust. Seohyun felt the tears in her eyes. She sniffed, "I am caught, like how Donghae did. My painting was gone within seconds after he saw it. I was dying to reject his offer to America, but my parents.. They.."

Donghae stared, "Wha-what do you mean? Mister Choi took your painting, like how he took mine?"

Seohyun nodded, "I am scared. So afraid. That painting was my life, sixteen months of work. I.. I.. I don't want to fly to America like that," she held Yoona's hand tightly. Yoona looked at Seohyun, "Then what happened? Your parents?"

"Signed the contract for me. That is not all.. I.. I have to.. I," she couldn't speak the words that were in her head. 

"Just say it, Seohyun. Is it got to do with me?" Donghae asked immediately. Seohyun nodded, "They.. They said that I need to bring you back," Seohyun stopped there and took a sip of her coffee. She thought that she didn't need to explain anymore and they didn't ask. Donghae looked away and around.

"Are you seriously going to bring me back?"

She shrugged her shoulders and cried more. Yoona her friend's hand, "Seohyun, we can figure things out. We will." She gave an assured smile. Donghae sat back in his seat. He spotted a man in suit and tie and then following him were a few men in the same outfit. 

"She didn't want to bring me back," Donghae commented, "She brought the men to catch me instead."

"What?" Yoona looked at Donghae. His eyes watched the glass door, it opened. He looked at Yoona, "We can't run now. Right, Seohyun?" His eyes spoke the betrayal that he felt. An arm pulled him up, same as the one that pulled him away from Yoona when he left for America. Seohyun moved her hand away from Yoona's. Yoona's eyes were finding hope in Seohyun. No, all Seohyun did was walk with the man who escorted her.

"Hands off me," Donghae shouted at the male who pulled him. He shook him off. Donghae tried sitting back down. 

"Ah," Yoona screamed and Donghae saw a man pulling her away with them. "Let her go," he shouted. Donghae did not bother anymore. He let himself get dragged away and into the same nightmare.

They were in a car. Donghae's hand found Yoona's. She was shivering and afraid. 

"Where are they taking us?"

"I don't know, honey."

"Don't leave me again, okay? I don't want to be alone again," she lied in his arms. Donghae rubbed her hands, hoping to make her feel secure once more. His eyes looked at the back of Seohyun who was in the front seat. 

"We will get out of this, Yoona. I promise," he whispered to his girlfriend who nodded. He hugged her closer as car came to a stop. Then his eyes met SeungWon's. Siwon looked disappointed and he walked away, into the building. He saw his father whose eyes looked sad. The car door opened. 

"Come on out," the men said. Donghae looked at Yoona, "Baby," her face turned to look out, "We are here." 

"We are going to be okay, right?"

Donghae nodded and rubbed her head. He let her get out of the car before he did so. One of the men tried pulling Yoona away from him. 

"Don't you touch her, !"

"Calm down, Donghae," SeungWon said. The look in Donghae's eyes were piercing. His grip on Yoona's did not release. MyungJun patted on the man who wanted to pull Yoona away, "Don't." The man nodded and followed orders. MyungJun walked to Donghae, "I am sorry."

"No. You don't need to be, appa. You did nothing wrong," Donghae replied. They walked into the building together. 

"Hey, buddy," Siwon scratched his head. Donghae smiled, "Hey." Siwon sighed, "This is.. Crazy."

"I know."

"Oppa," Yoona called, "What will happen? Are they taking you away?" Her voice was soft. Donghae looked into her eyes, "No. I won't let them do that, Yoona." Siwon watched. They all entered a lift. It was crowded and they beared with it. Siwon whispered to Donghae, "They will be putting Yoona into a room with my sister while we all have a meeting. Be prepared," he stood up straight. 

"Yoona," Donghae said, "We are going to be seperated for a while-"

"No, please. Don't."

"Just a while, honey. I am not taken away," he assured her. Her hand reached to his cheek. He kissed her hand, "It will be okay."

"Promise?"

"Promise," he smiled and wiped her tears away. The lift doors opened. The level was silent and no one made a sound. One of the ladies escorted Yoona into another room. She did not want to depart with Donghae. Their hands were reluctant to let go but in the end, they did. Their eyes didn't look away until the door closed. Yoona turned into the room. 

"You are dismissed," another lady of her age said to the girl who escorted Yoona earlier. Seohyun was there as well. The lady served them tea. Yoona took a seat beside Seohyun awkwardly.

"Would you like some cake, Miss Yoona?"

"No, thank you." She said politely. She looked away and remained silent. The lady sat down and looked at Yoona. "Hi, I am Choi Sooyoung."

"Hi.. Nice to meet you."

"What? Yoona, you don't remember me?"

Yoona turned her attention at Sooyoung. Sooyoung moved her hands, hoping Yoona would have an idea of who she was. Yoona seemed to not remember. Sooyoung sighed, "Not surprised that you don't. It was a long time anyway, years ago. We studied at the same middle school. Then suddenly, you left."

"Wait, you are Sooyoung, the one who was my best friend."

Sooyoung pushed her fist into the air before pulling it back, "Yes! You do remember!"

"It's been a long time," Yoona smiled. Sooyoung and her were best friends. Until her father left. 

"And I didn't expect to see you here though," Sooyoung took a sip of red tea, "And involved in my father's business."

They all remained silent. Seohyun looked at Yoona, "Yoong." She did not respond. Sooyoung watched and said nothing. Yoona was clearly ignoring Seohyun. No one liked the taste of betrayal. Yoona was included. She folded her arms across her chest. She hasn't take a sip of her tea Seohyun begged once more, "Please, Yoong. I am sorry."

"Oh, come on, you two," Sooyoung pushed her hair back, "Seohyun had not choice, Yoona." They both looked at Sooyoung.

"My father is a dominating person. Ever since our mother divorce, he was afraid of losing what he can have and what he has. In order to keep us, the children, close to him, he force things on us. Like Siwon, they have to work on an art exhibition. Gather amazing and talented painters like Donghae and Seohyun to produce the best and greatest pieces of art. " She stopped to sigh, "My poor brother. He deserved a better life. He would be writing books and painting the sights of Korea," she shaked her head, "My dad said no. To him, it was a useless and bad future. And I disagreed. I left and ran away. I hide wherever I could. I hide at my grandma's, then to Thailand, Singapore and came back here. Hmph," she laughed to herself, "I was back here already when he went searching for me in Thailand. Then we quarreled, argued and finally, he gave in."

"You pursued your dreams?"

"Already have. A famous writer of magazines and a professional model," Sooyoung smiled to herself, "I knew no one was going to fight for my dreams. So I fight it. And now, my life is not so complicated."

"Please," Yoona grabbed Sooyoung's hands, "Save Donghae. Please, I cannot lose him." Sooyoung looked at Yoona helplessly. She wished that she could. Donghae was a nice man according to what Siwon has always told her. 

"I am sorry, Yoona. I am not in their game, I can't interfere."

"It's all of your fault," Yoona said to Seohyun who dare not look up, "Why did you have to bring those men? We were best friends, Seohyun! Why? Why.." Her voice trailed off as she cried into her palms. Seohyun wanted to apologise but it was going to be no use.

"I am sure that there is one thing Seohyun hasn't told you," Sooyoung spoke. Seohyun looked at Sooyoung and shook her head, "No, please."

"She has to know," Sooyoung said before looking back at crying Yoona. Her heart ached as she knew that it was going to break Yoona's heart. "My father has suggested that the Seos and the Lees have their children to get married.. In this case, Seohyun and Donghae," she stopped. Yoona looked at Seohyun, "What?"

"Yes," Sooyoung helped Seohyun replied, "Arranged marriages."

"No," Yoona stood up, "This can't be happening-"

"It won't," Seohyun said, "I won't let it happen." Yoona looked at Seohyun blankly. Seohyun sighed, "I am sure Donghae won't let it happen either." Her eyes were watery as well. 

 

Donghae looked at his father, "Who are they?" He looked at the two who smiled at him. MyungJun sighed, "You wouldn't want to know, son," he answered. Donghae said, "No, I want to know who they are. And why we are all here."

"Seohyun's parents and there is something I didn't saw coming and you are not going to like it-"

"Donghae," SeungWon called on him. He pursed his lips before looking at SeungWon. His hand gestured at Seohyun's parents, "This is Mister and Missus Seo and they will be joining us for the art exhibition."

"Is there more," Donghae asked. MyungJun looked at Donghae, "Stop it, son. I will explain it to you-"

"No, I want to hear it from him himself," Donghae said, "There is more, right?"

"Good news for the families, and you, perhaps. You are getting married with Seohyun-"

"What?!" Donghae shouted. His eyes looked at all of them, "You all are crazy! Are you out of your mind? You guys are ruining our friendship-"

"We have decided to develop that to something else. It would be easier for both families and the business," SeungWon explained. Donghae glared at him, "My girlfriend is her best friend. And if you don't want a husband who hates his own wife, cut the crap!" Mister and Missus Seo were shocked. MyungJun sighed, "Donghae-"

"No! I am not letting it happen," he shouted.

"Decisions are made, Donghae. And you can't change it," SeungWon hit the table. Donghae looked at him in the eye and slowly, he shook his head, "No. I have decisions to make and you can't change me," he spat onto the table. MyungJun pulled Donghae to sit down, "We will work things out, Donghae. We will."

"How," he asked, "Are you going to let it happen to me? Let me marry my best friend?"

"Donghae, I-"

"He has no right to decide for you, Dad. Tell me, right now, whether you want me to marry Seohyun. Tell me," Donghae said. MyungJun did not dare to look at anyone. Siwon looked away and his eyes were watery. 

"You rascal," SeungWon mumbled. His feet took him right in front of Donghae and without hesitation, his hand gave the boy a slap. Siwon gasped. MyungJun's eyes widened. Donghae frozed at his position. Slowly, he looked up at SeungWon. "Don't you give me that glare, kid-"

"Who the hell are you to make the decisions my father is to make for me, huh?!"

"Your father is glad that I made those decisions for him-"

"No, I am not," MyungJun finally spoke, "Now, let me handle it." SeungWon was speechless and so was everyone in the room. He grabded Donghae's arm and headed to the door. No one stopped them. They headed to the room where Yoona was put into. 

"Yoong," he hugged her. Yoona cried even more, "Oppa," she hugged tighter, "Don't tell me that you are marrying-"

"No, we are not," Seohyun said before Donghae did, "I won't let that happen."

"Either do I," MyungJun sat down and urged the two to do the same. Sooyoung smiled, "Tea, sir." MyungJun  nodded at Sooyoung and she headed out. The three looked at MyungJun. "I know that things are crazy-"

"Yes, they are. Bonkers, in fact," Seohyun said.

"I am not sure if I can change things. But if I make this decision, it is done. I think I will delay this exhibition," he said, "Until the end of the year, the night after the school's prom. You all have sixteen weeks to stay. And Yoona, I am sorry to let that happen. I just want to say that I am happy that Donghae has found someone precious to him," he smiled. Seohyun swallowed. MyungJun spoke once more, "Mister Choi forced it on all of us, me, Donghae, you and Seohyun to do things his way. Seohyun didn't meant to bring the men with her, Mster Choi put a device on her and a GPS. None of us who were waiting wanted the van to arrive."

Donghae looked at Seohyun. His eyes were apologetic and he felt bad of accusing her. 

"Go," MyungJun said, "Three of you. There is a car downstairs, waiting for the three of you. They will bring you to somewhere safe. Good luck, children."

"Appa," Donghae hugged his father, "Thank you, so much."

"Sir, thank you," Yoona said. Seohyun still stayed in her seat. Her feet felt wobbly. Her hands were shivering. Seohyun's eyes were watery and a tear fell. "Seohyun, " MyungJun called, "You all have to go now."

"I don't want to live a hiding life," she said, "I am scared. So scared."

"We will be with you," Donghae said. Yoona's eyes changed to a pair of concern ones. Her hand reached out, "Come on, let's go," she said. Seohyun looked up at them, "Really?"

"Yes," Yoona said. Seohyun stood up and walked with them. MyungJun stayed and watching them leave the room and the building. 

Donghae looked up at the window where he saw his father. He waved before entering the car which would protect his and Yoona's love, and their friendship.

------------------------------------------------

This chapter is too dramatic. I could have done better T^T I hope you guys are okay with it!

Chapter 12 or 13 will be a focus on Siwon (spoiler alert). 

IT IS GOING TO BE SOME CRAZY ZZ

But it's going to be a hell of a ride, shippers!

Subscribe. Comment. Upvote!

Oh, I wanna thank yoonhaeheartofmine for upvoting!