Run away

You make my life complete [SEMI HIATUS]

"Dad is home!"

Krystal shouted from downstairs. Donghae was not even listening, he was busy dating his girlfriend. And he did not want to care of his father anyway. He thought his father changed but in the end, he was wrong. Donghae ignored the look on Yoona's face and continued watching the movie. 

"Oppa," Yoona called.

"What," his eyes still on the screen. Yoona sighed and shut the laptop screen. Donghae looked at her, "What the? It was the best part!"

"Your dad is home," Yoona crossed her arms. Donghae smiled, "I don't care. And you shouldn't let him interrupt our moments, come on," he opened the laptop again. Yoona looked at Donghae still, "Donghae.." Donghae nodded, "Okay. We can stop watching," he shut the laptop. Instead of going to the door, he pulled her off the chair and pinned her on the bed. Yoona's face blushed and her eyes looked into his. 

"You were suppose to talk to your-"

"Nope. I am not planning to. How can I not pay attention to my girl, huh," he said as he held her hand. Yoona smiled, "You always did." Donghae leaned closer, kissing her again. Yoona put her arms around him. Yoona giggled as he started to kiss down her neck. She played with his brown hair, "You need a hair cut, baby," she said. Donghae looked up at her, "Do you really have to tell me that right now?"

"Yes," she laughed as she flipped him over. "Since when was my Yoona so nasty?" He pinched her nose gently. Before they could kiss again, the door opened. Donghae dropped his head as Yoona gasped. His father stood there. Yoona sat back up and rolled off Donghae. Donghae rolled his eyes at the sight of his father. 

"I am sorry-"

"Get out of my house," the angry adult said. Yoona looked down and wanted to take her bag. Donghae held onto her wrist, "No. You are staying," his eyes looked hard at his father who was still waiting for Yoona to leave. "Donghae," she whispered, "Let go." Donghae shook his head, "No. Stay." His fingers in between hers. 

"You need to talk to your dad in private, Hae-"

"Shh. I know. Stay, and I will talk to him somewhere else."

Yoona nodded and sat back down. His lips touched hers before he left the room. He made sure that the door was closed before he looked at his father, "What?"

"You rascal-"

Donghae blocked his father's hit. His face firm and cold, "Things won't get to anywhere if it goes like that." He pushed his father's arm away. Krystal watched from a corner of the corridor. Their father looked down, trying to find the right mood to talk it out with his son, "Okay. We will talk it by the table." The adult headed down first. Donghae nodded. He turned to Krystal whom gasped. 

"Get into my room. Accompany Yoona," he smiled to his sister before he headed down like his father. Krystal knocked on the door before she entered. Yoona looked up, "Krystal." They hugged. Yoona let out a sigh, "I was so afraid that something bad would happen."

"Me too, unni," Krystal broke the hug. 

 

"You can't control my life forever, dad," Donghae said. His father sat in front of him, not drinking his cup of water. Donghae continued, "I am not going back to America. I am not going to live another day with Yoona."

"That is your future, Donghae. We have been working on it, now, you are going to make our hard work to waste?"

"Those hard works were yours and Mister Choi's, not mine. I never thought of joining that freakshow. I did it because of the painting, that's all," Donghae put down his cup. 

"Too bad, it's not a choice, Donghae."

"I am making it a choice now," Donghae leaned on the table. His father breathed in heavily, "What if I bring Yoona to America with you, would you go back?"

Donghae felt like laughing, like that would ever happen. If it did, he would be dreaming. Yoona have lost so many here but Korea was her everything, it was where everything happened. Her childhood, her mother, her school and Seohyun. This was where they happened. 

"In the first place, it wouldn't even happen, Dad," Donghae said. MyungJun slammed his palm on the glass surface but Donghae did not even move. His eyes were still. "We will all have to go back to start the project-"

"I don't want the project. I don't need it. I need Yoona, that's all," Donghae explained. He blinked his tears away. Remembering the tears on Yoona's face as they cried tears of joy when he came back. So sweet and beautiful. But was MyungJun going to take it away again?

"I am sorry, Donghae. Mister Choi-"

"Everything you say is for Mister Choi and because of Mister Choi. Didn't you change, Dad? Don't you want me happy?"

"Yes, I do-"

"Then why are you stopping me? Being with Yoona makes me happy. Isn't that what you want?"

"But Donghae," his father sighed, "I promised Mister Choi that I will make sure you will get back to America to continue to work on the project."

"What," Donghae stood up. He did not bother of his tears. He looked away, looked up at the stairs. He did not want to part with her ever again. Donghae sniffed, "So what are you going to do?" He looked right into his father's sad eyes. MyungJun gulped, "I will give you a fifteen minute count. Go find a place to hide.. For now."

Donghae did not understand. Why was his father doing this? Even though Donghae wanted a chance, it wasn't one he was looking for. Her stared at his father, finding the answers on the look on MyungJun's face. His father approached him and gave him a hug, "I will do as I promised Mister Choi. But I will not break yours too. Go, get your stuff and leave. Take her with you. I will contact you when things are normal again," his father's voice quivered. Which father would want to see his son leave? MyungJun was saddened. The ache in his heart, he could never express. He broke the hug before he would never let go. He sat back down on the sofa. Donghae was rooted to the ground, his eyes never left his father.

"Go, Donghae," his father said, "Before they find you."

Donghae shot upstairs. He slammed the door wide open. The girls look lost. Donghae pulled out a bag and started packing the necessities. Krystal kneeled beside him, "What are you doing, oppa?"

"Shh, I only have fifteen minutes-"

"Donghae," Yoona questioned, "What's going on?"

"We have to run," Donghae said as he packed. He was all messy. His hands shivered as the clock ticked. Yoona did not ask anymore, she helped him, "Let me help." Her hands touched his sweaty ones. He shut his eyes and another tear fell. Yoona remained calm and put his items into the bag. "We are going to be okay," she whispered to him. She pulled him up and handed him the bag. Donghae turned to his younger sister, "Take care of Dad for me."

Krystal nodded, "Call me when things are better." Krystal sat back down and waited for them to go. With her hand in his, they ran down the stairs. Donghae tried to not look at his father. He opened the door and ran out of the gates. Yoona ran with him. It reminded her of that time when they were caught in the rain. Donghae was now taking Yoona away.

"Where are we going, oppa?"

"I don't know. Your house first," he shouted back at her. They took a cab to her house and their hands never let go of the other. 

--

It was raining again. With the cash in Donghae's wallet, they managed to book a room in a hotel. Yoona joined him in the run. She was heart brokened when she left her house. Her eyes filled with tears. Donghae made a cup of coffee for her. He felt bad.

"Yoona, you don't need to join me-"

"I am in this with you, oppa. Ever since I loved you, I am never leaving you alone," she took the cup and put it on the table. Yoona was not going to regret it . She never did. Even if it was going to hurt her, she knew the things that Donghae can do. He would make her feel better.

"I am sorry, Yoona. You were never part of this," Donghae looked at his lap. Yoona shook her head, "No. I am happy with you." Donghae remained silent. Yoona hugged him, "I love you." Donghae stayed in her arms and the rain continued to pour.

--

"Seohyun."

Seohyun stitched her brows. It can't be her ears, right? It's been the third time she heard someone called her name. Seohyun shaked her head and continued look at the clothes on display. Yoona wasn't there with her to choose their prom dresses.

"Seo, over here."

Seohyun swear that it was not her imagination. She turned and saw her best friend behind her. "Where have you been?"

"Sorry, Seo. Donghae and I.. We are on a run.."

"What? What run?" That was when Donghae appeared. He looked to them, "We are here for prom dresses and suits. The rest don't matter," he looked through some dresses. Yoona nodded, "I will explain to you later." Seohyun smiled, "It's great to see you guys again."

" This looks good." Donghae spoke. Yoona looked at him weirdly, on me or Seohyun?"

"On me," Donghae joked before putting it back. Yoona smiled. They watched him looking through dresses for them. The two girls hooked arms and followed the kid in front of them. Seohyun lay her head on Yoona's shoulders, "Can you tell me what's going on?"

"It's about Mister Choi finding Donghae back and wanting him to head back to America again," Yoona explained, "They are all searching for him again. Even though his father promised to get him back, he let Donghae run. And I have decided to follow Donghae," Yoona smiled. Seohyun looked at her, standing back straight. Her eyes looked doubtful, "Are you sure, Yoona?" Without hesitation, Yoona nodded. The smile on her face faded as she saw Seohyun frown. 

"Don't you see it, Yoona?"

"All I see is Donghae. That is all I need."

"You are going to hurt yourself," Seohyun looked at Donghae who was having fun in the ladies' section, "Donghae is your love but.. It's not your happiness." Yoona did not understand. Her friend never said such things.. Until that day. Seohyun looked into Yoona's eyes, "Look. Time to time, you two never really had each other. Yuri and Donghae had a past, you two fought because of that. You lost your mind and had a relationship with JiYong, first kiss, the first hand you hold and first relationship, it all wasn't Donghae. Then Donghae went to America. He didn't even plan to say goodbye, only when you saw him and approached him. Don't you see? You two are true lovers but.. No fate."

Yoona stopped at her tracks. Was Seohyun's words right? Yoona felt something hit her chest so hard that she could fall. Yoona looked away and swallowed. She looked at the man she loved. 

"Yoona, Yoona," he called. His lips formed into a smile. Yoona looked at him. He took a dress and pointed at it, "You would look hot in it. Come on, try it!" Yoona shaked her head, the thoughts in her head were disturbing her.

"Yoong?"

Yoona had to be alone for a while. Her legs moved to a direction, away from Donghae. 

He isn't your love.

All this time, it was a waste of time.

How sad. What a tradegic love life, Yoona.

Yoona felt like screaming. She could hear Donghae calling for her but she couldn't stop herself. Yoona did not know when the tears in her eyes started to form. They were out of the shop, so careless and exposed. 

"Yoona! Where are you go-"

"He is there! Running there! Get him!" of all places, they had to be there in the mall.

"Get the girl as well," Donghae gasped. His eyes never left Yoona, "Yoona, they are here! Run!" Yoona looked back at him. Her hand reached out for his. Donghae caught up with her and her hands held his. With his lead, they got out of the mall. It was like the dramas Yoona enjoyed watching, the boy running away with the girl as the bad guys chased them. It was romantic and horrifying. Yoona looked at Donghae's back. She could hear Donghae panting. 

"Aah," Yoona screamed as she saw the man running up to them. 

"Don't look back, Yoona. Keep running," Donghae shouted. Yoona nearly fell. She wiped the tears off her face. 

"Oppa," Yoona said, "I can't run anymore. My feet hurt," she sobbed. Donghae felt anxious and still, he continued to pull her along. He looked back and found the men closer to Yoona. Donghae pulled Yoona off her feet and swung her into his arms. Donghae ran harder and faster. 

They came to a two way path and Donghae stopped. "Jesus Christ," he whispered and put Yoona down. "Oppa," Yoona squrimed, "They are coming." Donghae looked back and held Yoona's hand tighter, "You will go that way and I will go this way. Meet at the old place. Keep running," he kissed her forehead before running to his direction. Yoona saw a hand trying to grab her but it only grabbed the air. Yoona ran, hoping that this horror would end. She squeezed between the crowds against her direction.

"Oppa," she cried. Her ankles ached and her legs weakened. She wanted to stop but she didn't want to lose. 

"Oppa," she whispered to herself. No one stopped her or helped her. They only watched and gave her way. And weren't those men tired? And how many of them were there?

Yoona choked on her own saliva. 

"Please don't let them catch me or oppa, please," Yoona begged to no one but only the man above, God. Her heart felt like it was going to jump out of her chest. This can't be her last fight. 

And she will not let it be her last. 

Go, Yoona. Run. Keep running.

--

:( This chapter is so weird. 

I have no idea what I was thinking. I am so sorry for this, guys.

I will have a better chapter soon.

I promise.