Let me teach you what a real kiss is.

You make my life complete [SEMI HIATUS]

Donghae sat down in class. He saw Seohyun sitting along and he decided to play along with JiYong. Donghae did not want to sit near him either. 

Seohyun was worried for herself. She bit her lips and snitched her brows.

"Hey, girl," Donghae called as he sat beside her. Seohyun shaked her head, "Why are you here? Yoona will think that we are really together." That made Donghae rolled his eyes. But it probably mattered to him quite a bit. He breathed in and sighed heavily. He was all in a mess. He dragged Seohyun in.

"Sorry, Seohyun," he apologized as he continued to blame himself bit by bit. Seohyun gave him a small smile and patted his shoulder lightly, "It isn't your fault, oppa. Let's just blame the past, blame the mistakes.. And blame-"

"Blame her," Donghae said in a soft voice, "Blame Yoona."

They remain silent since. Donghae crossed his arms, pretended to be listening to the teacher. Blame her, he thought, blame her. He clenched his fists together as he watched the back view of JiYong pulling Yoona to his side. He looked away, not wanting to be bothered. He watched the teacher gave out the test that they had two weeks ago. 

"Lee Donghae, full marks," Donghae grinned as he went to get his paper. 

"Seo Joohyun, twenty three over thirty," the teacher said plainly. Donghae listened on and on, the marks became lower and lower. Yoona's name was not called on yet. Some part of him cared. But he was not suprised, her grades have been falling off. 

"Kwon JiYong, fifteen over thirty. You are lucky, young man," Miss Kim said sternly. She stared at the next paper. Her eyes became strict and everyone could feel it. 

"The only failure in our class, Im Yoona," Donghae looked at the girl who looked surprised. A ten, the worst mark that she has ever gotten throughout her years in high school. Donghae leaned back into his seat in disappointement as he watched Yoona walk back to the seat beside JiYong. "That was great work," Donghae interrupted the silence, "Nothing surprising since you are sitting beside a math er."

The teacher did not stop him or scold him for that statement. Yoona swallowed as Donghae threw cold words at her. JiYong patted her head gently before proceeding to give Donghae a eye-piercing glare. 

Donghae laughed softly to himself.

"Lee Donghae," a voice said, "You shouldn't have said that," his inner voice spoke. But he did not bother about it. He can't take those words back either. He ignored all of the feelings for Yoona for the time being.

 

The days he spent for the few weeks was watching Yoona. He was not sure if he was jealous or concerned. It mattered that Yoona was with someone who blind her from who she used to be. Soon, he found himself hurt again.

That kiss.

He watched from far. Their silhouette figure leaned in. Yoona put her hands around JiYong's neck, pulling their bodies closer and they kiss. Then, he ran through the rain again, drenching his entire body in the weather and his own feelings. It was obvious that Yoona was forcing herself on it, Donghae knew that she was finding ways to get herself to forget about him.

Just if Donghae told her about that day.

About his joy to meet her at that cafe.

About the heavy rain that poured.

And about his fever. He saw her leaving the buliding that day. His eyes were blurry but he was sure that it was her in that peach dress and heels. He shouted as loud as he could. Then he did not saw her turn back and he fainted. 

"I still love you, Yoona," he sobbed as he hugged his knees at the corner of his room, "Why can't you listen to me?"

Krystal walked in, with gentle steps. Approaching her elder brother, her eyes were sad. She sat beside him, leaning against the wall. "Oppa," she said, "Just tell her. Stop being in pain."

"Krys," he wiped his tears away, "You don't understand."

"I do, I do," she turned to him, "You are hurt. And so is she. Stop hiding from her."

"Easier say than done," he stood up as he said. Krystal followed him down the stairs, "Don't give up, oppa," he sat at the table. She sat right beside him, "Because this is not the oppa I knew," Donghae looked up at his little sister. He had to agree with that. He had never gave up this easily. 

Knocks on the door. 

Donghae opened and found Yuri at the gates. He raised a brow, "If you are here to beat me up for what I did to Yoong, I have no time for that-"

"No," she said right away, "Of course not."

Everyone remained silent, waiting for Yuri to speak. She sighed heavily and turned away, to the side of where she was. Donghae walked towards her as she seemed to be asking someone to move closer to her. Donghae was curious of who or what it was. 

"Heechul hyung?"

The male looked back in embarrassement and nodded, "Yes," he dare not look into Donghae's eyes, "Long time no see."

They walked in. Krystal served glasses of water to them. After taking a sip, Yuri started talking, "I owe you an apology," Donghae looked at her, not understanding what she had just said. "I mean, we both owe you an apology."

"What do you mean?"

"Siwon went to her," Heechul said as gulit painted his face, "And told everything."

"I am so sorry for accusing you in front of Yoona, I am so sorry," Yuri begged, "I didn't know."

"Me too. I am.. Really sorry, bro," Heechul looked down at his lap, not sure if Donghae was going to be angry. Donghae smiled to himself, "It's okay," both of them looked at him with a surprise look. "That was in the past already. Let's live on and be friends," Donghae nodded.

"You aren't angry anymore," Heechul asked. Donghae shaked his head immediately, "No longer."

"I will tell Yoona, I will explain to her-"

"No, don't," his eyes became watery as Yuri talked about Yoona.

"Why not? She's your love," Heechul asked. Yuri shaked her head slowly, "Donghae, she loves you, you know that."

"She is trying to use JiYong to forget me," he looked at them, "She wants to move on. I brought her pain, I should let her go too."

Sorry for squeezing you too tight.

--

The last day before the summer. Seohyun had a plan to put Yoona and Donghae back together. Even though Yoona tried avoiding her, she had to take a shot.

"Yoona," she called as she approached her best friend's locker. Yoona turned angrily, "Seohyun, stop it," she said, "Stop trying."

"I am not giving up, okay," Seohyun shut her best friend's locker as Yoona tried blocking her, "I am sorry, okay?"

"Sometimes, an apology isn't enough."

"I thought 'listening to the reasons' was your motto," Yoona stopped as Seohyun went on, "JiYong changed you, didn't he?"

Yoona was made speechless.

"Wow, I am amazed. Kwon JiYong can actually brainwash you like that. Making you forget about everything. He made you forget who was the one who was there, made you forget who tried to help. And he certainly made you forget about who you were, Yoona."

His words came to her. His words have been haunting her ever since he said it. No matter how much Yoona tried to forget Donghae, she was thinking about him even when JiYong was with her. She had to move on. She had convinced herself that Donghae did not love her anymore.

"Seohyun, I.. I.. I," Yoona hugged her best friend, "I am sorry for being such an idiot."  Seohyun smiled and patted her back, "It's great to have you back," she said, "We missed you."

Yoona felt new. She felt that she has finally came to her senses. It was the true her, she could feel it. Instead of going to the front gates to find JiYong, she followed Seohyun to the back gates which leaded a shorter path to the bus stop. Seohyun smiled as Yoona started to talk her. That was just step one.

"Hey," Seohyun asked as they got to the traffic light across the bus stop, "Want to work at the cafe near my house?"

Yoona nodded, "Sure," she smiled to the ground, "Why not?"

Yes, Seohyun thought, "Promise," she asked. Yoona took her hand and hooked their pinkies together.

"That's great! We can earn money and spend summer together," she smiled widely. Yoona giggled as she never seen her best friend that wide. 

Yoona stopped giggling as she saw a familiar figure at the traffic light across. Seohyun saw  him too. With his eyepieces on, Donghae ignored the world. His hands in his pockets. Then something hit Yoona, a feeling. A feeling that made her feel like Donghae was a total stranger. His eyes avoided hers. Their shoulders brushed pass each other. 

"Hey, Donghae," Seohyun greeted, even though it was awkward for them. Donghae nodded, removing one side of his eyepiece, "You were saying something about summer earlier today? What is it," he had both of his ear pieces out. His eyes tried to ignore Yoona's face. Seohyun smiled, "I was wondering if you wanted to join me to work at the cafe near my house."

Yoona gasped. She looked away. Her heart on her chest. Was that the way Seohyun wanted it to be? Letting them interact like this? She wanted to protest but something pulled her back.

No, Yoona.

Why not?

You have to patch up with him.

I have to?

No, you want to.

She was silenced like that. She turned back as she felt Seohyun stand up. Seohyun's bus came, leaving the two former best friends in the awkward situation.

"Ah, Donghae oppa," Seohyun called before getting on the bus, "See Yoona home for me!"

Donghae widened his eyes, his jaw dropped. The bus driver shut the doors, not allowing Donghae to protest. Both of them saw her laugh as the bus drove passed.

"Aish," Donghae cursed under his breath. But secretly, he liked it. His eyes tried to stop itself from looking at Yoona. 

"So," Yoona turned to him, "You're seeing me home?"

Donghae did not reply for a while. He tried to find the words in his mind. 

"Of-Of course," he said, "Seohyun wants me to do so."

So do I.

---

"Donghae oppa," Kystal called as her brother was still in dreamland, "RISE AND SHINE," she sang loudly. Donghae mumbled some angry words as his sister continued to pester him. 

"Five minutes, please," Donghae flipped himself.

"You can't let ladies wait," she pulled him up, but he fell back into his bed again.

"What if I tell you that Yoona wants to see you now," Krystal said. Donghae opened his eyes instantly, "What?"

"Okay, you're awake. Breakfast in ten minutes, or else yours is mine. See you downstairs," Krystal ran out cheekily, missing Donghae's pillow that he threw. Donghae shaked his head as Krystal closed the door. He threw the blanket off him. It was first work day at the cafe. Seohyun demanded that he must not be late.

His teeth flossed and gums healthy. He yawned as he walked out of the bathroom.

He pulled out his blue checkered shirt and black ripped jeans. He combed to straightened his blanket-soft hair. Staring into the mirror, he put on his contact lens. He folded his uniform into his bag.

He greeted his father and his sister. 

"Working today," his father asked. Donghae nodded and smiled. Their relationship had become better as Donghae seeked many advice from MyungJun since his first skipping of lessons. 

"I am done," Donghae drank his orange juice. He waved goodbye to his family before heading out. 

-

Donghae made all of their customers happy. His smile was charming, melting hearts and putting smiles on faces. He cracked some occasional jokes. He passed out random compilments to some of them too. Their manager was satisfied.

"Oh my god," Donghae heard as he returned change to his customer. A customer screamed as Yoona apologised a thousand times. 

"Sorry, next cashier please," Donghae managed to smile at the next customer. He rushed over to the situation Yoona was in. It was lucky that their manager was out to get them lunch. 

"Excuse me," he interrupted politely.The angry customer turned her angry face to him, "I want to see the manager this instant. This is indeed an expensive dress."

Yoona watched him treat the customer with patience.

"I am so sorry that our manager is not in right now," he gave her a apologetic smile, "Why not I," he turned his attention and signaled Yoona to get the place cleaned up, "Why not I exchanged some priceless for that dress?"

That was the last thing heard from him. Her feet took her to where the mops and brooms were. 

As soon as she walked out, she found the angry customer no longer angry. The lady left the place with a smile. 

"What did you do, Donghae oppa," Seohyun asked as she watched the customer left. Yoona walked up to them. Donghae smiled, "Nothing much, just this," he showed them a sketch of a dress. Pink peach, black laces at the end of the dress. Everything was so detailed and Donghae managed to talked it out with the lady.

"I promised to make her this," he smiled.

"Designing? Oppa, really," Seohyun's mouth still open wide in amazement. Yoona's eyes too.

"Come on," he took the paper away from them, "Quick, clear this place before our manager comes back."

--

Donghae slowly opened up himself to the old Yoona again. Just bit by bit. But he was not sure about it. He watched JiYong fetching Yoona every time she ends her shift. She was happy, as Donghae thought. He tried not to be bothered.

"Can I quit this, Seo," he asked softly as they ate their lunch. Seohyun looked at him, "What, oppa?"

"I said-"

"I know what you said, but you can't."

Seohyun couldn't let her plan fail when it has came so far. Even though JiYong fetches Yoona everyday, Seohyun managed to make Yoona talk to Donghae. 

"Why?"

"We need you," Seohyun stated, "Plus, it only has been a week. You have to work for at least another three weeks," that made Donghae groaned. How he wished he knew that Yoona was going to work there too, then he would reject Seohyun's request.

He had to let Yoona move on.

 

Yoona wished that she could shake JiYong off. She wanted to talk to Donghae, but JiYong wants her attention on him. 

"Bye, oppa," she said as she wanted to enter her house. JiYong pulled her hand, "Yoona, what's wrong?"

"Nothing, bye."

He pulled her into his arms. He hugged her. Yoona pushed him off, "I said 'bye' already," she nearly screamed. JiYong shaked his head, "What is going on, Yoona."

"I am tired, okay? Let's end this, can we," she threw it at him. It has only been their second week of dating and Yoona was trying to dump him. He did not say a thing and he left angrily. She groaned in frustration as Donghae came to her mind.

Did you stole my heart again?

-

"Hi, beautiful," Seohyun said. Donghae looked at her weirdly, "Beautiful? Who's beautiful, potato," Donghae laughed. Seohyun giggled, "You. Your lashes are long for a guy and your fingers are like a lady's. Don't you beautiful?"

Donghae hit her head lightly, "Then you are too talkative for a girl. You have a strength of man-"

"You," Seohyun tickled his sides, making him jump his seat.

"Stop, Seo. St-Stop, hahaha, enough- Hahaha," he laughed until he felt the tears in his eyes. Yoona watched from the glass door outside. Her heart sank. He likes her now, doesn't he, she thought to herself. Her hands shivered as she pushed the door. They both stopped and saw her enter. Seohyun hugged Yoona, "Hey, sweetie."

"Hey."

Donghae gave her a small smile, "Hi, Yoona."

"H-H-Hi, Donghae," she stuttered. She swallowed hard as he continued to look at her. Seohyun smiled and left secretly. Both of their eyes looked into each other, not wanting to cut the moment.

"How have you been with JiYong," he asked even though he was dying to tell her about that day. She was disappointed as she answered, "We are.. Kind of.. Okay but not there yet."

"You mean?"

"Nothing," she lied. I wanted to break with him, she thought, I have to. Donghae shaked her slightly, "Are you okay, Yoona," that familiar sense of concern surfaced, "If you have anything, I am here, like always."

"Really? Like how it used to be?"

Donghae nodded with a small smile. 

-

"Stop pestering me, JiYong," Yoona shouted from her door to the gates. JiYong has been pestering her for days and he hasn't gave up. "Not until you open this gates for me," he leaned onto it. She grumbled to herself before entering the house. The door shut hard. She startled her mother who was reading the newspaper, "Oh god, Yoona," her hand on her chest, "You scared me."

"Sorry, mum," she pouted. Her mum nodded, understanding what was going on, "That boy again?"

Yoona nodded as she sat beside the wiser lady. Her mother put her papers down and paid attention to the matter, "Well, you had enough. So have I," she stood up and headed to the door. Yoona did not stop her mother, in fact, she smiled. She headed upstairs with a smile on her face. She lay on her bed as soon as she entered her room. 

Who are you thinking of, Yoona? Him again?

Her inner voice spoke to her. She opened her eyes, "Who? Him?"

It is not like you don't understand me. 

"Who?"

Donghae.

She sat back up. His smile came to her again. She think that she was going crazy, she really was. He has been pestering her too. Yoona have been thinking of him since God knows how long. And her inner voice was right, she was thinking of him. 

"Why am I thinking of him?" She questioned herself.

You loved him long ago. JiYong was nothing.

She gasped, "I can't do that. He has no feelings for me. And plus, I have already given my kiss away."

That kiss was nothing, you know that.

"No. I like JiYong oppa."

Then why were you ignoring him, telling him to stop pestering you? And now, you are here, thinking of Donghae?

"I... I... I.." she stuttered to herself, "Maybe, I do.. I still love him."

-

Seohyun laughed as she hooked her arm onto Yoona's. Yoona couldn't stop laughing. 

"You are serious, right, Yoona?"

"I.. I am."

They continued laughing as smiling was not enough to express their happiness. Seohyun grinned at her friend, "I support you, Yoong," Yoona nodded and smiled sweetly. "Why are we out?" She asked her happy best friend. Seohyun looked at her, "We are having a best friend hang out with your Mister Right~" Seohyun sang to Yoona. Yoona gasped and looked at her, "What? And you did not tell me earlier?"

Seohyun laughed and friend along their way to a cafe that they decided to meet him at.

"Where's he?"

They entered and saw no Donghae around. Seohyun scratched her head while Yoona pouted in disappointment. "That's weird, he said that he was already here," Seohyun told Yoona.

"For you, sir," they heard a familiar voice. They turned and saw a young man holding onto a canvas. The boss of the cafe thanked Donghae, "Thank you, young man. Thank you for painting this for me," he bowed slightly again and again. Donghae waved his hand, "Aniyo, it is just my interest, sir," he bowed formally to him, "I hope you like it."

Yoona stared at the painting. It looked exactly like the boss of the cafe. The features on his face were so detailed. Yoona saw some paint on Donghae's shirt and a few patches on his hands. Even his face was like the back of her palm, every time she looked at it, it is like the first time. His smile melted her, his eyes sparkled. Their eyes then met. Yoona nearly jumped.

"Hey, girls," he smiled again, "I did not saw you girls there." He walked to them, "Want to have a drink before we go," he asked. Seohyun nodded, pulling Yoona along to the cashier. "One iced mocha," Seohyun said before turning to the other two, "What do you two want?" Donghae looked at the menu, so did Yoona.

"Strawberry frappocino," they said in sync. Yoona looked down as the heat in her cheeks grew bigger. Donghae pursed his lips, "Two strawberry frappocinos please, "

Seohyun smiled and nodded. 

They had a table by a window. Donghae put his bag onto the floor.

"What's with that stack of canvas," Yoona asked as she looked. He also had a brushes sticking out of his bag. Donghae rubbed his hands together, "I have been spending a while painting," he smiled. Yoona found a sketch book in his hand. She had a sudden interest to look into it. 

"I need to go the ladies for a while," Seohyun said. She made the best excuse to leave the table for a while. She wanted this hangout to fix up step three, Make Donghae show his love to Yoona. She was not going to fail, she can't.

Donghae passed her the sketch book, "Sure," he watched as she flipped open the book. 

"Why, Donghae," she looked at him, "Why is this me?"

The first page was her. Her side view. She looked so concentrated in the sketch. It was her, wearing her geeky glasses. Everything was so real. Yoona was amazed than shocked. Donghae did not know what to answer. He bit his lower lip, "You were the person who.. Inspired me.. To grab my pencil and draw.. So.. I-I-I-I," he stuttered, "I drew you during biology class." Yoona smiled at him unknowingly, she was really happy that she did not knew what she was doing. 

"Re-Really?"

Donghae nodded shyly. Yoona blushed as she giggled. Donghae started grinning, then laughing with her. There was no need for explaination there. They decided to laugh. Nothing could describe their happiness.

 

"Seohyun? Are you done?" Yoona called. No one replied. She found one cubicle closed, "Seo..?" She found a note on the wall.

Gone off to fufil your happiness, hwaiting, Yoona ah.

Yoona looked at it and smiled. She folded the paper well and put it into her pocket. Her heart was pumping at a fast speed as she stepped out of the ladies. 

"Where's Seohyun?" he asked as he saw Yoona. Yona took a seat, "she was not in there.." she rubbed the back of her neck. Donghae raised his brows, "Seriously?" he looked at his sketchbook, "she wanted me to bring this. And she is gone now.. That's weird," he scratched his head. Yoona nodded, understanding why Seohyun did all these. 

This was what Seohyun planned.

"Kaja," she said as she took a final sip of her drink. Donghae looked at her, "To where?"

"Just.. Just follow me," she pulled him. Donghae grabbed everything in time as she dragged him out of the cafe.

-

They walked out of the arcade happily. Yoona hugged a teddy bear that was half her size. Donghae smiled at her, "Fun, wasn't it?" Yoona nodded as she lay her face on the bear. The bear was what he wanted to give her. He spent his coins and notes on it. That was what made it special.

"Oppa, let's go to the nearby park, and I can watch you paint."

He nodded, "Sure, I want to- Wait. Hang on a second..." his hands searched around himself. They were a block away from the arcade. He left something there, his undone painting.

"Oh my god," he raced back, "I will be back, Yoong, wait for me, I will be back," he shouted, "I promise."

In the end, Yoona followed him. The feet of the bear touched the ground as she ran. Donghae was not aware of that. The painting meant a lot to him. He had to get it done. He wanted to. He stomped into the arcade. He found his blank canvases on the shelf. He went to it, look through it. But no sight of that painting. He panicked.

"This is a good painting," he heard. That person left the arcade and Donghae was sure that the painting was his. It maybe half done, but it was really something. He took his canvases and ran after the man.

"Sir! Excuse me, sir!"

He was not heard.

"That's my painting, sir!"

The unknown man hopped into a car, he looked rich. Donghae continued calling but to no avail. The door went shut and the car drove off. Yoona panted and stopped as he did. She walked slowly to him, "Was it.. Was it that.. Important?"

"Huh? Yoong, why.. why are you.. here?"

Yoona looked at her feet, not answering as her mind went blank. Why did I followed you? She questioned herself. Because I love you. She swallowed.

"Let's..," he looked back at the car that drove off, "Go."

 

 

Yoona stomped off the bus with Donghae following her closely. She was not happy about what he said. Or maybe not, maybe she was unhappy of herself. Donghae pulled her to a sudden stop. His grip tighten around her wrist. She tried shaking him off. He wouldn't let go.

"Let me go," she struggled.

"I am not."

"You insulted me, okay? JiYong is my boyfriend, if you insult him, you insult me!"

She knew that she loved Donghae, not JiYong. Yoona kept lying to herself and Donghae. But he was not going to let go. 

"Boyfriend? Just because he held your hand and be with you?"

Yoona continued to push his hand off, "No," she dare not look into his eyes. Her eyes blinked away her tears, Sorry, oppa, I didn't mean to kiss him. She looked back up frowning, "We kissed. I kissed him," Donghae still did not let go. She tried looking away but his other hand turned her face to look at his. "Hey," her eyes looked away, "Hey," he said it louder. Her eyes looked into his, "You call that a kiss?"

"Of course," she managed to get out of his grip. She walked closer to her house. Once again, he hold her hand. This time, he was gentle. Yoona looked at him. "Yoona," she started changing him off, "Hey, I am sorry, okay," she stopped. Her eyes met his once again. She remained silent.

Holding her securely, he pushed her to the wall nearby. She had a bad feeling of this but she did not stop him.

"Let me teach you what a real kiss is."

Yoona gasped as he whispered. Instantly, she shut her eyes and felt their lips touch.

-----------------------------------------------

OH! DANG IT! I LEFT THE ENDING A CLIFF HANGER!

I am sorry, guys! I just wanted to give a update because I love you all, okay? :D

Comment. Subscribe. Upvote.

PEACE OUT