Tao's POV

As the Moon Rises...

 

I saw her hanging out with Shinwoo in the seashore. I watched as she laughs and smiles. She really wasn't worried that I left her... But, why do I feel sad? This is ridiculous.

When I noticed that Shinwoo went somewhere, I made myself invisible and slowly went near Rian. Funny, she doesn't seem to sense that I'm here. Has she completely... erased me from her life? Well, how stupid of me, I instructed her to do so.

I was looking at her, feeling the calm and peaceful place, and I couldn't control myself, so I rushed near her and hugged her. She can't even see me even if I'm invisible, I just wanna make sure her annihilator friends won't see me. I noticed her left ankle was a little swollen. She still gets an injury even if I wasn't there to protect her. It made me more worried, so I kissed the back of her neck slowly, savouring each moment I had while I'm still with her, for later I'm sure Mema and the others would look for me.

"Who are you?" she asked. I refused to reply. I want to be the old me, who simply ignores her when she talks to me.

"Vla-?" he was about to say my name, but the annihilator guy showed up.

"Rian!" her annihilator friend shouted. I let go of my hug on her and ran away. I was afraid, I can't be able to let go if I stayed longer.

When I arrived at the cave, Mema welcomed me. But I pushed her off, I don't wanna see her face.

"Vlad, I..."

"Stop. Just stop talking to me. Isn't marriage enough?" I said. She stayed quiet as I went to my cave and didn't get out until night time.

At around midnight I went out and searched for food. As I was heading off to somewhere, I smelled something.

"A human..." I thought, and as I heard the dead leaves rustling from it's feet I prepared myself to catch it. What's it doing in the forest at this time anyways?

But then when I saw who it was I got even more shocked. Rian? What is she doing here? What if the other vampires saw her? Worse, what if Goimul or Kumori saw her?

I went near her. I didn't want to do this, but I have to. I still cared, after all.

"Why are you here?" I asked coldly. She gasped at my voice. But, instead of being all sweet and fearful, I saw a different Rian.

"Why? Why do you care? I want to take a walk, is that bad?" Am I the reason for her tantrums?

"It's dangerous. Jibe ga."

"No. I'm never gonna listen to you again. Don't tell me what to do." she replied and marched away with her walking stick, ignoring what I just said.

I grabbed her arm tightly. You wanna do this the hard way Rian?

"Go home!" This time I was shouting already.

"Andwae! Why do you care about my safety?! Go care about your wife! You told me to stop thinking and caring about you! Why would you care about me! Let go of me!" she screamed back.

I got surprised with what she said. It's true, why am I caring for her so much when I'm about to get married with somebody else?

I was about to fight back, but then somebody interrupted us.

"Stop fighting!" Mema screamed from afar. I looked at her and she was striding to get to where we are.

"Stop this, Vlad, Rian. I'm... I'm sorry." Mema was crying already, and for some reason I didn't know who I should comfort. Mema or Rian...

She turned and looked at Rian and held her hands.

"It was my fault that your friendship turned sour. I know... that Vlad... likes you, but I..."

What in the world is she saying?! Blurting things out like that! I have some privacy you know?!

"I only thought about myself." she said.

Mema then turned to me and spoke.

"Vlad, I don't wanna do this.... But... I think it's for the best.... I'm cancelling the wedding."

My eyes widened. Is she serious? But... what about the King? he'll be mad about it! I was about to voice out what I just thought, but Mema ran away before I even spoke. I sighed and looked at Rian, who had a questioning look on her face. I smiled seeing the view.

"I'll drop you off to your house." I said, and began to carry her. She backed away from me.

"Andwae. Stop following me." she replied nonchalantly.

I hugged her to calm her down. I'm guessing this arrogant, fearless image that she has now is just a facade. And I know I am the reason why she had to do this.

"I... like you... Rian." I whispered in her ear. She stiffened after hearing me say it. I let go of my hug and saw that she was about to say something back, so I shushed her by kissing her on the lips lightly. We stayed like that for about 20 seconds.

After a while I pulled back and looked at her, only to see her getting beet red. I chuckled.

"Y- Yah! Don't laugh! I'll kill you!" she said as she tries to punch me. I managed to escape each attack easily.

"You can't kill me. I'm dead already." I chuckled even more.

She gave up and smiled.

"I'm sorry I was harsh on you.... Telling you to forget me and all.. I never knew you would change so much because of that." I said.

She sighed before replying.

"To tell you the truth... I got mad when you told me you were getting married. I feel giddy and happy whenever you're around, and then one minute we were happy, and then the next minute you're telling me to forget you. I mean, who wouldn't get mad with that?"

"I know. That's why I'm sorry."

I held her hand gently.

"I won't ever hurt you again. I promise."

She smiled and blushed once more. I then grabbed her and placed her on my back with one swift move. She screamed.

"YAH! You're giving me a heart attack!" she said as she punches my back hardly. I chuckled and started flying.

I heard her laughing as she felt the cold wind beneath her face. She outstretched her arms, as if re-enacting the scene from Titanic, and I held her safely so she wouldn't fall.

After a few minutes, we safely landed back to her room. It was already around 5:30 AM, and I could see the sun rising up.

I gently put her down to her bed and was about to leave, but she pulled me back to the bed, causing me to fall on top of her. We were in an awkward situation.

"Uuuhhh...." I said as I stood up. I'm glad she can't see how red I am right now.

"Sorry... But please don't leave."

"What? You know the other vampires need me."

"But..."

I kissed her forehead to shut her up.

"I'll be back at night." I whispered on her ear.

"Okay... Goodbye." she bid. I let go of her and jumped out of her room and back into the forest.

Before I could completely get back, someone pushed me away hardly and I was thrown on a large tree. I groaned in slight pain and looked at the attacker.

"How dare you call back the wedding?! HOW DARE YOU!" Kumori shouted, his eyes turning blood red and attacking me with all his might.

I got seriously annoyed of what he said. I wasn't the one who called the wedding off? Haven't he heard of the rest of the story from Mema? Unless... Mema changed the story.

I was lost at my thoughts that I didn't notice Kumori was near me again, and he pushed me away again, much much farther this time.

"Stop this Kumori. You don't know what I am, and what I'm capable of." I threatened.

He laughed at my remark and was about to charge again. I exploded. That's it. No more mister nice guy.

I felt myself transforming, and after that I didn't know what happened next, for when I regained consciousness, Kumori was staring at me in fear while he was lying on the ground. Then he fainted.

(Reader's POV: Kumori stopped at his tracks as Vlad suddenly transforms into a big vicious beast. His eyes turned to deep red, much redder than what Kumori's eyes were, and his fangs showed up, which looked much longer and much sharper than any other vampire Kumori has ever seen. Vlad suddenly came near him in just a split second and lifted Kumori up, before pounding him to the ground strongly, causing the earth to crumble, and make a big deep hole from where Kumori was lying. He stared at Vlad wide eyed, as he suddenly turns back to his original self, looking at Kumori with wonder. "He's.... the... Gujoja?!" Kumori said to himself.)

I brought him back to the lair, and saw that everyone threw dirty looks at me. Xiumin ran near me and grabbed Kumori, pushing me away after doing so. Fine. Hate me all you want. I don't care about you anyways.

The King approached me with a stoic look on his face. I prepared myself for a scolding, but instead, he patted me by the shoulder.

"I'm sorry if I forced you to marry Emily. I didn't know it wasn't you whom she loved. I'm sure Kumori attacked you earlier, so sorry for that too. It's just that he stormed out before Emily could finish explaining why the wedding was canceled."

I pitied him and Mema. I know Mema likes me. But I'm glad she thought about what I felt first before her own. And the King, he's too old to still be living in this world, yet he tries his best to live and take care of Mema.

I bowed to the King and proceeded to the river. I need to clean up some scars I had from fighting with Kumori.

__________________________________________________________________________________

A/N: Sorry in advance for the typos.