Rian's POV

As the Moon Rises...

 

The moment I woke up, I can't see again. I realized it was morning, and Vlad was gone. He must've woke up in the night and moved time. As I got out of my room, mom got surprised.

"Oh, I thought you didn't come back last night! Why didn't I heard you come in?"

"Oh.... I... sneaked in.... Shinwoo helped me. I don't want to disturb your sleep... Sorry."

"It's okay. Get ready for school, I'll guide you to the bathroom."

After I took a bath I got dressed slowly, and heard Shinwoo's frantic voice from our living room.

"Where's Rian? Is she dead?" I heard him asked mom.

Aigoo, I have to avoid him from now on. He can't know about Vlad.... I have to protect Vlad now, just like how he protects me.

----

My avoiding plan drastically failed when Shinwoo pulled me out of the car to talk.

"What happened last night?" he asked.

"I... don't know... I fainted after you screamed... and then I woke up I was in my room..." I lied.

"So, who saved us? And who aided my wounds? And how did we end up on our houses?" why do you have to ask so many questions???

"I don't know okay... I'll.... go now..." I said. I got the walking stick from my pocket and guided myself back to my house. I was scared, for Vlad's safety.

Somehow, when I saw him transforming into a vampire last night, I didn't grew scared. I didn't go insane because mythical creatures like him do exist. It's like, as we get closer, I kind of like him more and more...

Night falls. I wasn't lying on my bed pretending to sleep anymore. I was sitting on a chair near the window, for I know that Vlad would land inside my room again.

Minutes later, I heard his soft feet slowly making little steps towards where I was. I closed my eyes, and opened them again. I.. still can't see? Why? Isn't it supposed to be... I close my eyes, I open them again, and I'm not blind anymore... Why isn't it working? I was near to tears, when I felt 2 arms encircle my small petite form. I immediately relaxed, although I was shivering due to his cold temperature.

"I... can't see again... I wanna see your face..." I sobbed.

"Shhh...." he said. "Don't strain it.... It doesn't always have to happen...."

Does he know anything that is happening to my eyes?

"Were you the one who's controlling it?" I asked.

He lets go of me, but I felt his hands on my shoulders.

"Aniya... I guess it only happens when you're in great danger..."

I guess so... It only happens for me to see what danger lies ahead, and for me to avoid it? It's like a riddle....

We were silent for a few moments. He was sitting on the chair where I previously sat on and I was sitting on the bed, staring into space.

"How... did you become like that?" I suddenly asked him. I was afraid he'd hate me for asking this, but I'm really curious to who he is...

"I'm a 125 year old vampire, stuck inside a 19 year old's body..." he said.

"I'm... 15 years old." I replied.

"So?" he asked.

"Nothing, nothing..." I was hinting that if he's 19 and I'm 15, there may be a chance of us... being together.... Aish, maldo andwae.... We're both minors... well, at least I am, he's just on the body of his 19 year old self.

"Continue..." I pleaded. He sighed before speaking. (A/N: At this point, readers, feel free to listen to OST 5 while reading...)

"I was born in Shandong, China, and my father was a farmer, while my mother was a vegetable vendor. It was World War II that time, when I was bitten...."

"One night I was about to deliver some excess vegetables that we harvested, but I got caught up with the curfew, and a japanese officer saw me loitering.... He asked me if he could get the vegetables for free, but I refused, for we can't barely harvest anything during that time, and we needed money for food, and my mother's sickness....."

"I tried punching them and escaping, but one of the guards caught up with me.... He said he could smell me, and then I saw his fangs.... He... he bit me... I thought I was gonna die, but he released his fangs from my shoulder and instead let me feel the much more excruciating pain as his vampire poison travels through my veins and mix up with my blood...."

"I woke up the next day, I was feeling weird.... And as time passed I saw some changes in my body, and it came up to the point where I reached 25 years old... But I still looked like a 19 year old... I have no choice but to flee... I can't burden my family even more.... It... hurts to see them working hard just to know what happened to me, when in fact they knew I wasn't a vampire already..."

At this point, I heard him sniffling. And I felt like crying too. I can't see his tears, but it's like a feeling of pity when you see your favorite idol crying, and you don't know what to do... That's what I'm feeling...

"Now, I have no courage to go back to China. I was afraid that, some of the villager's family members might recognize me, the bastard who left his parents in pain.... I know I've hurted them so much, I rebelled, because I avoid, for I was afraid that I would hurt them... But it doesn't mean that I don't love them..."

"Compared to you Rian.... I'd rather be blind for the rest of my life, than be cursed with this nightmare...."

I sobbed loudly. I couldn't take it anymore. I can't stand to hear him hurt....

I heard him chuckle. This must be the first time he saw my ugly side.

"Vlad.... I.... was hurt that you're hurt......" I said as I cried. I tried to stand up and feel where he is. But I fell from the bed and my arms met the cold floor. He rushed to my side and helped  me stand up. As he was about to break free of his hold, I pulled him and hugged him tight, not caring if I get a cold in the morning. I sobbed and sobbed uncontrollably as I felt him rubbing my back up and down...

I woke up in the morning, all tucked up in my bed and not feeling Vlad's presence in my room. It was a Saturday, so I just decided to stay inside. Another reason is I want to avoid Shinwoo, so he wouldn't be suspicious of me.... I thought of the things that happened last night...

"I... cried for Vlad... Is this how much I like him already?" I asked myself...

As what I have predicted, I had a cold from hugging Vlad. Even his clothes, which consisted of a tuxedo minus the bow tie, didn't shield his ice cold skin. 

Mom went inside my room and brought some soup.

"Rian, can you tell me what's going on last night? I heard you sobbing... Can you tell me what's wrong?"

I nearly spitted my soup from shock. Why didn't Vlad stopped the time! Aish... So embarrassing...

"I was listening to a very sad story on the radio... Sorry if I disturbed you..." I said.

"Funny, you only cry when someone you love gets hurt... I'm surprised that you easily cried because of a story... Well, I'll leave your soup here. And Shinwoo asks why you were avoiding him. He said he wanted to talk to you."

Oh shoot.

"Mom, can You tell him, that I don't want to talk to him for a while?"

"But why? Did you two fought? I think it's rude if you ignore Shinwoo. I mean, he's your only friend here in this village."

Well mom, you're quite wrong on that part...

"Oh, it's just that.... I just am not ready to talk to him..." I explained.

"Oh.... Okay... I'll leave you now..."

I heard the door close. As I was about to get the spoon, I felt someone snatched it away from my hands. Then I felt the spoon touching my lips.

"Open up. The soup will spill." Vlad slowly whispered.

"Omo! Why are you here! It's morning!" I suddenly felt weird after saying that... So what if it's morning? Maybe because he's a vamp and he's afraid of the sun?

"Don't worry, the sun has no effect on me. I just become invisible when it touches my skin..."

I nodded as a form of understanding, and opened my mouth. I felt the hot soup travelled down my throat.

He continued feeding me, not speaking, just the sound of the spoon hitting the bowl could be heard. Before I know it, the soup was gone.

"Thank You for taking care of me...." I said.

"I should. after all, it was me that was the cause of this...." he said.

Yeah, because of your cold skin and aura.....

I don't know what to do with him anymore, so I asked him if he can sing me a song. He declined, saying that singing is for gays, and grabbed me for a slow dance instead.

It felt weird, dancing slowly with him, without music, so I decided I should help out and sing while he guides me in dancing...

"Think of me, think of me fondly, when we've said goodbye. Remember me once in a while, please promise me, you'll try..."

_____________________________________________________________________________________________

A/N: Wanna hear Shannon sing? Click this heart:  it's on part 0:19:57. Sorry for the typos. Please get used to it. lol. :)