Vlad's POV

As the Moon Rises...

 

I ran away, panting hardly. Why was I in that place anyway? So earlier, after giving up on hunting some extra humans for the princess, I decided to go to the empty house that I always passed by when I'm hunting. To my astonishment, there was already someone new living there. I peeked from the window and saw a girl getting ready for her sleep. I waited patiently and after a few minutes I realized she was already asleep. I carefully sneaked inside her room. I tried to stop the time, so I could get her without any worries. New movers are quite more delicious. I accidentally bumped into a small vase, and it caused a little noise, but I figured that she can't hear it for I stopped time. To my surprise however, she suddenly rose from her bed and spoke.

"Who's there?" she asked. "Who... are you?"

I was in utter disbelief. How did she nullified my power? Is she perhaps a vampire too? I moved closer to see her better, but too bad she felt me and with her fast reflexes, she pulled my arm near.

"Why are you so cold?" she asked.

Typical question I get when some girls flirt with me at clubs. It's like I could say I'm a vampire.

"None of your business." I said hardly.

I looked into her face, and it seemed much more clearer. Holy crap, she was gorgeous. She was even more beautiful than Mema, who is known as the prettiest in her time.

"Are you here to... kill me?" she asked. I was dumbfounded. How did she know? Is she a vampire annihilator or something?

I immediately broke free from her grasp and jumped outside the window, trying to get away from her a much as possible.

Few weeks have passed and I was still disturbed and sad. I can't forget the girl's pretty face. She was so perfect on so many levels.

"Hello Vlad." Mema approached me after we had just finished our annual vampire meeting.

I ignored her and walked ahead. I felt that she followed.

"Why are you so snobbish?"

"Commoners are not allowed to talk to princesses." I said coldly.

"Well, that's technically true, but-"

"I have to go and hunt. Goodbye gongju." I then ran fastly so she can't follow me anymore. I have to admit, Mema's a pretty young lady, but I can't see myself liking her in that way. When I think about it I cringe in disgust.

I decided to visit the girl's place again. I admit I'm still afraid that she may be a vampire annihilator, but my overpowering feeling of likeness is taking over the fear that I was feeling. I hid from a tree and listened to her conversation with a boy.

"So Rian, I heard you're starting school now. Is it fun there?" the guy asked. So Rian was her name. I'm looking at her in broad daylight and she was really pretty. Then I remember I get invisible when the sun hits me. But then again, she might be a vampire annihilator. I continued to hide and listen.

"Yeah it was cool, although I don't know what's really happening to my other classmates." she then laughed like chimes that were hit with a gush of wind. But what does she mean by that? Why can't she know what's happening around her?

"Aww, I wish I could study to your school and describe you the wonderful things I can see there. But I'm not blind." the guy said.

What? Rian's.... blind?

That night, I sneaked up inside her room again. Sensing that she's asleep, I slowly came closer and examined her face. She doesn't seem like a vampire annihilator to me, well, except her friend earlier, I felt strange whenever I look at him.

"You're here again?" she suddenly spoke. I didn't mean to gas so loudly.

I then noticed her gentle hands were holding my arm, which was placed near her bed as I was looking at her face.

"Can't you.... see me?" I asked.

"I can't... But I can feel when you're near... It's as if... we're bonded."

I chuckled. 

"Maldo andwae." I said sarcastically.

"You're korean? Do you live around here?"

I didn't respond. She doesn't need to know my background. Somehow, my mouth doesn't seem to water whenever I came near her. It's as if I wasn't a vampire at all.

"Why aren't you responding? Are you gone?"

She then used her hand to and find me. I let her, I was never this hypnotized with a girl before. She touched my face with her 2 hands, and held ever so carefully, as if she was holding something that would shatter.

"You're so c-c- cold." she stuttered. I was in a trance that I realized she was shivering from holding me too long. I pushed her hands away and slowly walked away from her bed, not completely leaving, just staring at her from a distance.

"Please, don't go." she pleaded. "I missed... touching you."

My mouth was agape. How could she say that when we've only just met weeks ago? And she can't even see me.

"Leave me alone. I only come here because this house is mine." I once again showed my arrogant self and jumped outside, running as far as possible.

At least I have confirmed 2 things. She was really blind, and she wasn't a vampire annihilator.

Morning came, and I prepared myself.

"Where are you going Vlad?" Chen, one of Kumori's minions, asked. (A/N: see what I did there? okay sorry for fangirling.)

I was not really the friendly type of guy, well I was, but ever since I became a vampire I have learned to avoid people. I learned never to trust anyone in this world.

I ignored his question and walked ahead. Others wouldn't care if I ignored them, but Chen is special, because he always tries his best to become close to me. That's because he's new to these things. I don't even get why he smiles so brightly despite the fact that he wasn't normal. Like me. Like us.

Chen followed me eagerly as I came near Kumori's throne. Which is, by the way, composed only of twigs and branches. He always acts as if he's the boss of everyone in this group. I hate that. But, I chose to work with him, since it's more dangerous if I blend with the humans. Trouble will ensue if the humans knew that vampires exist. There was this little boy before however, that saw one of us hunting before. I don't know where he is, and I don't care. He shouldn't be showing himself to me.

"Oh, my pretty pretty Vlad, what are you doing here?" Kumori said lovingly. I cringed in disgust.

"I'm going to the human world."

"What? Why?"

"I'm... hunting." I lied.

"Oh Vlad, you hardworking man. I'd appreciate that, but I can't let you at this hour. I'm afraid someone will see you."

"But I get invisible when I get hit by sunlight." I said. No one knew about this, and this is the first time I confessed this to Kumori.

He was dumbfounded, along with his other minions who were busily enjoying a meal that time.

I bowed and left, I don't want them questioning me anymore.

As I got out of the forest, my body was hit with a ray of light, and I began to dissolve, signalling that I was already getting invisible. After a few seconds, I proceeded and marched to where my feet were leading me. After a few minutes of walking, I spotted a big sign board ahead. GANGWON- DO SCHOOL FOR THE BLIND. I proceeded and went inside, walking through a wall, and secretly listening to conversations.

"Rian, where are you from?" one of her classmates asked,

"Oh, I was born in Seoul, but I was raised in London."

"We heard you were half british. Does that mean you look like a western girl?"

"I really don't know, since I can't see it myself."

they slightly laughed, and I could feel a smile forming on my lips.

"Rian, what if you had the opportunity to get your eyes fixed, and you can see again. Who's the first person you wanted to see?"

Rian was silent for a moment, then she smiled and spoke.

"Of course, I wanna see my family first, I wanted to see how I looked like, and....."

"And what?"

"I wanna see the cold man...."

I was surprised. That cold man could only be me.

"What? Who's that?"

"I don't know... That is why I wanna be able to see him." she smiled.

Why would he wanted to see me? I'm a monster, I hurt innocent people. Well, she doesn't know who I was and what I am in the first place. I figured that if I continued to come to her house, she might want to see me more, and be more connected with me. I can't. She can't ever know who I am. As I was preparing to go, a bunch of girls approached her. They can see, why are they studying in a school for the blind.

"Hey you, new girl. Don't ever think you can fit in here. It's best if you leave now, if you don't want something bad to happen to you."

They must be insecure es. But then I felt something more. I felt rage, as if they had a weird aura. I looked into one of the girl's eyes. It was transforming into a fusion of red and orange, as if forming fireballs. 

I don't think I can leave Rian just yet. I have to protect her... from these hellhounds.

________________________________________________________________________________________________

A/N: Gangwon- do school for the blind is NOT a real school. Hellhounds are mythical creatures, like Cerberus. It's tiring to use werewolves, so get used to Hellhounds from now on.