Rian's POV

As the Moon Rises...

I screamed in pain as someone I can't see tried to hoist me up and bring me to the hospital. My whole body was burning. I can't even move my eyes.

"Stop it Shinwoo! You'll hurt her more!" I heard my mother cry.

"What am I supposed to do?! Let her die here! If you haven't noticed a vampire just fought in front of us." Shinwoo said disrespectfully.

I guess my mother kinda understood why Shinwoo was like that. I tried to speak.

"V... Vlad..." I tried calling his name. Maybe he can hear me.

"Don't speak. Please. It hurts me to see you like this." I heard Shinwoo sobbing. After a minute or so, I felt drops of water on my face.

"Are... ugh... Are you... crying?" I weakly said as I slowly brung up my aching arm and find it's way to his face. He held it tightly.

"I'm sorry... for not protecting you... I'm sorry." he said. That was the last thing I heard before I out.

I dreamt of something. I was in an odd place, with the other vampires and Mema. I wondered why they weren't trying to attack me or kill me. I stood there in fright. Just then, Vlad appeared out of nowhere.

"I'm sorry Rian..." he said silently. It was as if his lips never moved, and he spoke with his mind.

At that moment I saw fangs growing out of his mouth. I did not grew scared, I let him do what he was about to do.

"I love you...." he whispered one last time before fully attacking me.

"VLAD!" I screamed as I woke up frantically. It was dark, and cold. Where am I? I tried to find a hand, or even my walking stick. Nothing.

"Rian?!?" I heard the door flew open and Shinwoo screaming out my name.

"Shinwoo? Where am I? What happened?" I asked.

"You're in the hospital. You were in the Pyongeun Festival earlier... but, for some reason you just started screaming in pain. We don't know why." he explained.

Then it hit me. I remembered everything, the frantic screaming, the growling sound, and arrow fastly moving and stabbing a-

"Wait, you stabbed a vampire earlier?!" I asked scared. What if it's Vlad?

"Yeah, how did you..." he trailed off.

"I heard everything."

"Yeah, but how could you possibly know it's-"

I convulsed and rolled out of bed, scaring Shinwoo. Somehow, now I felt like I've really changed. I had super sensitive hearing abilities. I closed my eyes to supress the pain, while Shinwoo was running around not knowing what to do. The moment I opened my eyes, I met a white floor. I blinked to see if I'm hallucinating.

"I can.... I can see Shinwoo..." I muttered. He gasped.

I wasn't surprised by the fact. I mean, I can see whenever Vlad's around. But I don't see Vlad anywhere...

I looked at the person standing in front of me and helping me lie down to the hospital bed. He indeed isn't kidding when he said he's cute and handsome.

"Can you... see my face now?" he asked, then pointed up 3 fingers. "How many is this?" he asked again.

"I can see you... and that's 3." I replied, pointing at his fingers.

I could see he was shocked at the moment, his eyes were as big as golf balls.

"I better call your parents... and some nurses too." he stormed out of the room. I figured he was just embarrassed to show his face in front of me so I shrugged it off.

But then... maybe Vlad can be anywhere around here right now.

"Vlad?" I called softly. "No one's with me anymore. You can come out now."

But no one showed up. I was really starting to wonder. I can see, I was in pain after they sprayed water on me, and I have powers.... Am I really the Pyongeun Blood? And is that... a bad thing?

The door burst open, and in came some nurses and Shinwoo.

"Miss Rian are you feeling okay right now?" one of the nurses asked. I nodded in response.

"No nurse, you see, she's blind, but right now she can see. What happened?" Shinwoo said to the nurse.

"I don't really know what type of sickness this is... But I better tell this to the doctor. I'll leave you two for a while." she said then strided out along with the other nurses.

After a while, Shinwoo stopped palpitating and slowly went near my bed, grabbing a chair and sitting near me.

"Are you okay Shinwoo?" I asked, observing him. I noticed he was slowly getting red.

"Your parents... they're gonna come later..." he said awkwardly.

I pouted then averted my gaze. What's so wrong with me seeing him? I looked back at him and noticed that he was staring at me. Those mesmerizing eyes....

"Rian...." he said. I raised both of my eyebrows. "Am I.... ugly? Is this the face that you... expected?" he asked too many questions. I laughed at his nervous state. He raised one of his brows.

"You are right when you said you are handsome. I'm so glad to finally see your face" I smiled at him. He seemed to relax after that.

After a few awkward moments, the door bursts open, revealing a frantic woman and man, which I guessed were my parents and a doctor.

"Rian?! Is it true? Can you see umma?" she sobbed while my face. Too shocked by how pretty she was I answered with a nod.

"Shinwoo, how???" my mother turned to Shinwoo. Shinwoo said he didn't know either, but it could be a good thing.

The doctor checked on me and my eyes.

"She seems fine, Mrs. Kang. Actually, she's already in a stable condition. I just couldn't get how a blind person can suddenly see... But I think it's a miracle." he said while smiling. He patted my head and announced that I can leave the hospital tomorrow evening.

After the doctor left, Shinwoo left me and my parents for some discussions. They said they were glad I could finally see them. My mother was very beautiful, and my father was very handsome too. I let a few tears escaped, I haven't seen them for around 15 or 16 years and I'm glad I finally did. But... had Vlad got anything to do with this? I bet so... I mean, I already had powers and all.... and besides, I might be the Pyongeun Blood he was talking about....

When night came, I just couldn't sleep. It made me think that I was waiting for Vlad, but it was different. From outside I could hear some people talking about a vampire attack during the Pyongeun Festival. I decided to eavesdrop.

"You know there was one vampire that charged over us right? But then, another vampire appeared and tried to fight off the other vampire. So it could possibly mean that there are bad vampires and there are good vampires." one said.

"Are you kidding me? All vampires are bad. They even tried to attack the lady in room 556." the other replied.

I figured it was me they were talking about so I listened more.

"You know what's weird? The other vampire that scared the bad vampire away.... He looked like he was.... crying over something. He looked really angry and pissed."

"Why the heck are you observing the vampires face!"

"What! That's my norm! I tend to observe everything very carefully whether it may be a human or not. He looked drained and sad. Could the lady in 556 be the reason?"

"I don't know but you saw that girl. She's so beautiful anyone could fall in love with her."

My heart rate increased. Vlad was.... crying? Why? Because I'm the pyongeun blood? So.... that means being a pyongeun blood is a bad thing....

I covered my mouth to silence my sobs. What are they planning to do to me?

----

It has been 3 weeks since I have left the hospital. It felt good to be able to see again, it still feels weird though... I haven't seen Vlad since those last 3 weeks. Does he hate me? or is he deciding to avoid me again because of what happened? Whatever the reason may be I am willing to wait for him to perch up on my room again and cuddle with me in bed. I know it sounds wrong in a lot of ways but... being with him... is the best feeling ever...

Shinwoo has been accompanying me during the last 3 weeks. He showed me everything I missed out on. He toured me around Gangwon, and I would be lying if I said I didn't enjoy my time with him... Although I wished it was Vlad who was touring me.

"Rian, here have some water you look exhausted." Shinwoo said as he sits beside me and hands me a water bottle.

"Yeah, all that walking sure made me tired." I said. Actually, I am not tired at all, and I find it weird. I feel like maybe it was because I was the pyongeun blood Vlad was talking about that made me this powerful. Nonetheless, I still will keep this a secret from the others. Who knows what they might do to me. Maybe they would even do something to Vlad and his friends.

"Oh no!" Shinwoo said as his bottle fell off his hands and rolled in the middle of the empty road. We were walking back home, and he was so engrossed with what he was telling I guess, so he accidentally lost his grip.

He ran to the middle to immediately pick it up. From afar I noticed something fast coming forward his way.

"OH MY GOD SHINWOO!" I screamed once I realized it was a truck. It looked like it was losing control. As fast as lightning ran to Shinwoo and wrapped my arms around his body, protecting him from the vehicle.

BAM!

"Ri.... Rian how did you...." I heard him stutter. I opened my eyes and looked staright at him. He was pale and terrified.

"What... what happened?" I asked as I slowly turned around, only to scream at the sight in front of me.

The truck was wrecked. And not just a small scratch. It was completely wrecked, like it hit a lamp post. I stared at it with wide eyes, not knowing what to do. Shinwoo however approached the vehicle and tried to take the driver out.

"Rian call an ambulance!" Shinwoo said while holding the man with his shoulders. I stood in my spot, unmoving. Everything was ver traumatizing. I know I wasn't normal anymore, but this.... This is... beyond what I thought I can do.

"Rian!" Shinwoo screamed and broke me out of my trance. I looked at him with terrified eyes before reaching out for his phone. After a few minutes we heard the ambulance sirens and some nurses transfered the driver in a gurney and put him inside the ambulance.

"Rian let's go!" Shinwoo said as he begins to enter the ambulance. I still stood there, too dumbfounded of what I did. I almost killed a person. Just the thought of it makes me scared of what will happen in the future. What if more people get hurt because of me?

Slowly, my tears fell as I ran away from the scene, never minding Shinwoo's frantic screams and his attempts to call my name. I ran and ran never minding where my feet will take me. As long as I am away from humans, away from people I'm afraid to hurt. I found myself back to where I saw Vlad last time. I sat on a tree and cried my eyes out. I cried until my chest cannot take oxygen and I passed out.

I woke up to a soft hand caressing my face. My vision is blurred as I tried to adjust to the darkness of the night.

"Where... where am I?" I asked, never minding who the person caressing me is. I need to get out of here or my parents will be worried.

I heard the other person laugh with a low tone. I shivered once I realized I do not know who owns the voice.

"You're in our lair young lady. Do you realize what dangerous place this is?" the man spoke, his voice dripping with lust.

"Go... go away... Go away or I will kill you...." I said as I begin to back away, not minding if I can see him or not.

The other person just chuckled.

"I'm Kris.... I'm.... Vlad's friend...... And I am tasked to capture you... So will you let yourself be captured? Or will I have to do this the hard way?" He asked as I heard him crack his knuckles.

The darkness envelopes us even more and I feel like if I did just a little move the darkness will eat me up so I sat down unstable.

"Is.... Vlad there?" I asked bravely. As long as he's there I know I am safe....

"Yes.... Now come along Agasshi Rian...." he said and I could have sworn I saw him smirk, but I never minded it. Reaching out for his hand in the darkness, he pulls it out with one swift move and place me at his back. I held a yelp and started praying.

Oh dear Lord please don't let anything happen to me....