Vlad's POV

As the Moon Rises...

 

I stopped seeing Rian for many reasons. It wasn't because she started to hate me... It was because of what Mema's dad said about me....

"You're confirmed to be the Gujoja, Vladimir Chen. The vampire who will bring peace to both the human and vampire world. Your task is to find the human with the pyongeun blood, and drink it, to abolish the hellhounds and for the vampires to stop harming the innocent people. I'm tired of all of this Vlad. So please, this is a royal secret. And you aren't allowed to tell anyone about this, especially Kumori, for he strongly deny to this prophecy."

I was afraid that after I do this, I won't be able to see Rian anymore. I know I sound selfish, but I was afraid of what will happen to vampires like me when this curse will be broken.

But alas, I cannot stop myself. I heard her shouting, and I got scared. Is Goimul out on the loose again? That annoying brat. I rushed to her house, and stopped the time. I can't completely stop it, but I can prevent the humans from moving, and hearing things. I crashed open her window and slayed Goimul. I broke her bones really badly. I cannot stand just watching him threat Rian. After a while Goimul escaped again, but I didn't care. I rushed immediately to Rian, who had her eyes closed and shaking in fear.

"Rian? Rian gwaechanayo?" I shook her awake. She doesn't seem hurt, but I saw a tiny scratch from her arms.

"V- Vlad?" she looked straight to my eyes, unlike before, and touched my face. I got surprised at her warm temperature.

"Yes, this is me... Are you okay?" I asked worriedly.

"You're.... so pretty." she said. My eyes opened wide. But how... can she see already?

"You.... you can see now?" I asked. She nodded excitedly. I felt that I was about to crumble. Good thing it was a little dark, for I can't seem to hide my fangs and the blood that's dripping off my mouth.

"Mema!" I suddenly shouted. I'm sure she heard me, I need her to make Rian forget everything that she saw tonight.

"Did my parents saw you?" she suddenly asked. I don't know what to say. I can't tell her I stopped time, what if she believes me?

I couldn't think of anymore excuses, so I looked at the wall clock on top of her bed. She looked at that direction too, and she scrunched up her brows together.

"I stopped the time." that's it. I said it. There's no turning back now. She'll eventually know I'm a vampire, and she'll hate me forever.

"Are you bonkers? How can you do that?" her laugh chimed through my ears. Somehow I was relieved that she didn't suspect anything about me, although she saw Goimul as a hellhound.

Then someone landed inside the room. She went near me and saw that I was hugging a shivering Rian.

"What?" Mema asked. I then saw Rian stir, as if avoiding me. Is she jealous? What Mema said to her is not even real. Is she aware that Mema lied to her?

I looked at Mema and spoke to her in a different language. I'm worried that Rian would understand if we talked in korean, and I don't want her to completely know about me and what I am; what we are.

"You have to make Rian forget about what happened tonight."

"What? But, she's blind, she can't see..."

"No Mema, what's weird is that she can see me right now...."

"What? But how?"

"Mollasseo! That's why I need you to cast a spell on her."

"But.... I can't.... It might damage her brain...."

"What?"

"Vlad, most spells for forgetting something, it goes up to the brain, and maybe the cause of insanity. I can't... It's too risky..."

Mema looked at Rian worriedly. And I was glaring at her, asking her to do something.

"Well, I can... make her sleep...."

"But she'll still remember about Goimul, and about you and me..."

She went near Rian and pushed me away. Rian looked at her wide eyed, still shaking. Mema then whispered something on Rian's ear and after a while, she suddenly collapsed.

"I casted her a sleep spell. Don't worry, I don't think that she'll know that this happened. She'll just think of it as a dream."

I placed Rian gently on her bed, and I was about to kiss her forehead, when Mema stopped me.

"We.... still have to fix the broken window."

I stared at her, then at the window that I broke. I nodded, and after it was fixed, we left and I turned back time to it's original state.

Morning came. As always, I was still guarding Rian, watching her from afar. I heard her classmates gossiping about Goimul, and I saw her cringing when she hears her name. Is she perhaps... suspicious? Did she remember everything that happened last night?

----

It's her dismissal, and she was alone on the waiting shed. I approached her slowly, and sat by her side.

"Vlad? I know you're there." she smiled. I chuckled slightly.

"How come you know when I'm around already. I want to be a mysterious man to you..." I said. It seemed I was so much comfortable with her after last night. But still, fear lingers, for I don't know if she's the human that bears the pyongeun blood yet.

"You're already a mystery to me, Vlad. But, after seeing your face last night... I don't know, I'm... happy when I feel your presence." So she does remember everything that happened last night. Well, at least she wasn't suspicious. I'm not feeling worried anyways.

"Well.... You know my name, and what I look like.... But will you be ready to know what I am?"

"What are you?" she asked. I did not reply, so as to not hint her anymore.

"So, how are you and your girlfriend?"

"What?"

"The girl... from last night... she's you're girlfriend right? I mean, she even approached me last time..."

"I'm single."

"But she said-"

"Don't believe her. I had my eyes set for one girl only...." here I am, giving her hints again. I'm sure she understood it, for I saw her blush afterwards.

"Your appa's here. I better go." I said.

"Wait!"

I turned around and stared at her.

"Can I... talk to you again? I want you to talk to me, not just watch me from afar. I... can feel when you're near, so please... don't distance yourself from me...."

"I'll try. But don't go on screaming when you know who I really am." I said. With that, I took off, just in time for her dad to park near the waiting shed.

I smiled, but not on purpose. She's really getting into me. I like how she's so straightforward... I like that I admitted to myself how much I liked her...

A hand then grabbed me by the collar. I then came face to face with Kumori.

"What are you doing interacting with a human?! Malhaebwa!" he said, turning red from anger. He was clutching into my collar hardly.

"I'm telling you Vlad. If you keep doing these, and protecting humans instead of killing them, you wouldn't like what I will do to you."

He then threw me with one lift, and I was thrown at a tree.

Now that he saw Rian, it makes me more nervous. Will he also threaten Rian's life? Oh great. I now have to protect Rian, from both Goimul and Kumori.

________________________________________________________________________

A/N: This chapter's boring. Mianhae. TT T Gujoja literally translates to savior in korean. While pyongeun translates to peace.