Rian's POV

As the Moon Rises...

 

" I don't know why those other girls were hating on me. I wasn't trying to impress everybody. I remembered the firt time that I came to this school, and they welcomed me with hate.

FLASHBACK:

"Okay class, we have a new student. Her name is Kang Rian, and she's just moved here. Make friends with her and treat her nicely, okay?"

"Annyeong Haseyo! I'm Rian. Hope to make lots of friends here!" I said enthusiastically.

Although I hear a lot of good comments and positive reactions, there's this one girl, or more like three girls, who scoffed when I walked pass them.

"Now now, Goi, that is not how you welcome our new student." the teacher said.

"Yeah Goi! How dare you hate on us when you can't even see us!" one of my classmates said.

Goi laughed and spoke.

"Oh really?" with that, she stayed silent, but I think she's still shooting laser eyes at me. I can feel it.

At lunch, as I was about to take out my sandwich, a hand stopped me.

"Who's there?" for some reason this hand is hotter than normal body temperature. I mean, I'm blind but I'm not dumb. Compared to the cold man, this person is warm. Too warm. I immediately released my hands because of discomfort. The person laughed.

"Why? I just wanna shake your hand." It was Goi.

"Why are you so hot?" I asked.

"I know right? So.... why did you move here?" Is she trying to make friends with me, or is she pranking me without me knowing?

"Because... I'm half korean?"

"Oooooh, biracial humans are much, much more tastier..." I heard her mutter.

"What? Tastier?"

"Aniya, I mean, you're.... good looking." I guess I can't argue with her choice of words.

Our conversation ended when some of my classmates decided to talk to me. But I still felt like she was shooting laser eyes.... I feel like.... she can see me... that she's not blind. But if so, why is she studying here?

END OF FLASHBACK.

Well, after our conversation, I thought she would be good and she wants to be friends, turns out it was just a facade, for she still threatens me and says hurtful things to me.

During extracurricular activities the teachers let us out of the garden and enjoy the fresh air. But today I wasn't able to go because my stomach was aching for unknown reasons. Just then, I feel something, slowly entangling me on the neck, it was a hand....

"Who.... are... you...." I said. I was panting hard, for I can't breathe and I was so scared.

"I... am the one who will kill you." it said. It doesn't sound human at all, and it sounded like a voice that came from the underworld.

I shut my eyes tight, ready to face my death, when suddenly I felt it slowly loosen it's hold on my neck. I fell to the ground, panting and coughing. Why wasn't anyone hearing this commotion? I listened and it was silent, except for loud grunts, and a gentle, cold hand I never knew holding me tightly.

"Oh... Hello, Vlad." the scary voice said.

"Shut up!" the cold man said. So that was his name...

"Why are you interrupting me when I'm about to have my lunch?"

"Leave. If you don't want to be hurt." the cold man said to the voice. "I SAID LEAVE!"

After that I didn't knew what happened next, because I was pushed aside, and I fainted...

I woke up and panicked.

"Where am I?" I asked.

"Don't worry. You're at the hospital." a man, which I assumed was Vlad said.

"What am I doing here? What happened earlier?" I remembered that Vlad and a mysterious voice were having an angry conversation, but then I fainted.

"Nothing. Sorry, for hitting you on the head." he said.

"Vlad... is your name right? And, you're the mysterious person that always comes to my house."

"I don't know what you're talking about." he said. I then heard him standing up from his chair.

"Wait. Kajima." I said.

He didn't listen though, for I heard the door close. I sighed. He's a snobbish person. But why is he always sneaking up on my room?

"Omo! Rian! Gwaenchanayo?" someone frantically entered my room.

"Shinwoo? Is that you?"

"I'm glad you still recognized my voice... How are you? I heard from your teacher that you fainted, and a mysterious man in black brought you here. Your classmate Goi was also terribly damaged. She's in the other room."

"How did you know who Goi is?" I asked.

"I always see her whenever I go to the woods to get some fruits. She's friendly, but bossy, and sometimes scary too."

"I'm wondering.... Is she blind like me?"

"Neh, that's why you're classmates right?"

"Ah... because it almost felt like she wasn't..." but I was still wondering why Goi was also hurt. Could it be that she was also in the same room as me when I was attacked by the scary voice?

"Here, I bought fruits. The doctor said you'll only be here for 3 days, there weren’t any major damages on your body, only a big scar on you head."

I touched my head, and indeed, there was a bandage. Why would it hurt so much, when I felt like Vlad only shoved me gently?

"Are you sure you're okay? Why are your eyebrows scrunched up?" he asked. I nodded.

"Yeah, I'm fine, really, but I was wondering. Before you entered here, did you, by chance, saw the man in black? Did you pass by him?"

"Aniya, no one was on the hallway when I ran here."

I gasped. But... Vlad came out just minutes before Shinwoo busted through the door. How...

"Can you help me? I wanna visit Goi." I said.

"What? But you're still-"

"Please. I need to ask a few questions."

"A... Arasseo." Shinwoo helped me stand up. He then put me on a wheelchair and we went to the other room.

"Annyeong Haseyo Goi noona. Rian is here. She said she wants to talk to you." Shinwoo said.

"Okay, let her in." I felt Shinwoo placing me near Goi's bed. "I'll just leave you two to talk." he then left the room.

"Goi, why were you hurt too? Were you also inside the room when the attacks happened?"

She did not respond. I was getting impatient.

"Goi, answer me."

"I don't know. I don't know what attacks you're talking about. I was outside, and I fell on a well nearby. That's why I was hurt."

I sighed. Goi can only be my way to finding out who was threatening to kill me, and maybe know who... or maybe what... that monster is.

I called Shinwoo and asked him to take me back to my room. I was still full of suspicions. I don't want someone playing a prank on me just because I'm blind. I hate it when I feel inferior to the haters.

"Don't worry Rian, I'll take care of you while you're here okay?" Shinwoo said as he holds my hand. I blushed as I felt his hands gently mine. I think Shinwoo's a caring and loving boy... But could I be falling in love with him? But... what about Vlad, that I feel free to express myself to. Even if we only met for a few times and a few minutes, it feels so right when I feel that he's near....

Night time came. I couldn't sleep, or more like I was forcing myself not to sleep. I was waiting for Vlad to come. Then I heard someone land and fell inside my room.

"You're back." I said happily.

He didn't respond, but I felt that he's coming closer, and staring at me intently.

"Are you.... okay now?" he slowly asked, full of coldness in his voice.

"I... guess so... Vlad, can you tell me what happened? Why did someone want to kill me? Is someone... pulling a prank?"

I heard him chuckle a bit. That was the first time I heard him laugh.

"Wake up from your dreams. And imagine the most bizarre things... You may never know, what is real... and what is not." he said.

I couldn't quite understand what he meant by that, so I stayed silent. It was silent for a few minutes too.

"Are you... gone?" I asked. I don't want him to leave yet. It hurts me whenever he walks out on me all the time.

"I won't.... leave. I'll guard you for tonight." he said. I somehow felt secured. But I still prevented myself from sleeping. I want to know him better.

"Sleep." he said. "You'll lose your energy if you keep on checking if I'm still here." how did he knew what I was thinking.

Slowly, my eyes began to droop. But before my mind was completely shut, I felt someone kiss me on the forehead. A cold, shivering kiss.... Good Night.....