Vlad's POV

As the Moon Rises...

 

She started singing, while I was doing a slow dance with her. She has such a beautiful voice... Come to think of it, I thought after being a vampire I'd be this cold hearted, hating man. I guess my cheesiness still hasn't wear off.

As we spun and danced, I saw how Rian glowed as the sunlight shine through her face. She was smiling while she was singing, she was so happy that I was here? I mentally smiled too. After that, I felt something, something that I shouldn't be feeling. I slowly leaned my head near her face, attempting to kiss her. It was a good thing I got back to my senses quickly and released my hug from her.

"What's wrong?" she asked.

"Aniya. I'll get going, they might be looking for me."

"As sad as I am, I'll let you go... Take care." she said. I guided her first to her bed and tucked her in for a much needed rest. Then I jumped out of the window.

The moment I got to the cave, all eyes were shooting daggers at me. I even hear some whispering.

"What a disrespectful minion. He fought with the boss and almost killed him, for a human girl. Psh, Pathetic." Xiumin said as he glares at me.

I attacked him with all my might, but Chen stopped me.

"No don't Vlad...." Chen said while holding my arms. I broke free of his grasp and eyed Xiumin one last time before walking out and proceeding to the river for a bath.

After cleaning myself I decided to just stay inside my cave. They wouldn't wanna see me anyways. The only time I'm happy is when I'm with Rian. But I don't wanna see her right now... After what I was about to do earlier, I gotta be careful next time. Stupid hormones...

"Vlad? Why aren't you with the others?" Mema suddenly appeared from my cave. I flinched when she spoke.

"What do you want?" I said, turning my back from her.

"Aren't you hungry? We can hunt together if you want."

I admit, I was really very hungry right now. I guess I started acting human after Rian and I got closer, but still, I can't deny the fact that I will have to drink a human blood. Whether I liked it or not. Giving up, I stood up and faced her.

"Okay, it's kinda boring here too." I trust that Mema will understand my feelings about her. I knew that she knows I obviously like Rian. With her deceiving appearance, I bet she's planning something evil behind that nice girl mask that she has.

We ran and searched for food. Somehow right now, it felt awkward catching a human and drinking it's blood. I don't even care if I looked bad before, but now, since I have a human friend, it felt like I was violating her myself.

After a couple of minutes, and 3 humans, I decided to stop.

"Why? You're on a diet?" Mema asked as she tried to tear the human's flesh off. I pulled the carcass off her.

"You're not supposed to eat the meat. You're becoming a hellhound." I said. I tossed the dead body on the woods and pulled Mema back to the cave.

"Speaking of Hellhounds, I haven't seen or heard Goimul for a while. Is she still attacking Rian?" she asked.

"I don't know if she's planning something, but whatever it is I'll make sure I'll protect Rian no matter what."

I noticed Mema froze from a spot and stared into space.

"Waegurae?" I asked.

"You... you like Rian don't you?" she asked, tears threatening to fall from her eyes. I avoided her eyes and looked somewhere else.

"Whatever Mema I'm tired of this." I prepared to walk out, but she hugged me from behind.

"Please.... like me instead... You know how much I need you Vlad..." She sobbed as she continued to hug me. I tried to broke free but she held tighter.

I knew it. It would come to this. She pleads to me, I say no, she comes to Rian's house and tells her a lie again.

"I'm not your toy Mema. Stop making me one." I removed her entangled arms on my waist and flew off, leaving her sobbing and standing alone in the woods.

I got back to our cave and decided to rest for a while. A few minutes later, Kris shaked me hardly.

"Where's the gongju?" he asked.

"Molla. Am I her guardian? Don't ask me where she is."

"But your were the last person seen with her! Where did you take her!" he grabbed me by the collar and hoisted me up.

"I said I don't know! Put me down!"

He threw me to the ground and glared.

"Once I found out you are behind this I'll ask the King to tear you to pieces." he spitted and left.

Where could Mema be? It's been 3 hours, why isn't she coming back? I decided to find her. After all, Kris was right; I was the last person she was with.

I searched everywhere, even tracked her scent, but I can't seem to locate her. Could she be in Rian's house? I decided to check, after all it's already past 8 and I bet now one will see me outside.

I slowly climbed through the window and checked. She wasn't there, and Rian was sleeping peacefully. As much as I wanted to accompany Rian for the night, I just gotta find Mema right now. 

"Yah! You! What are you doing in Rian's house!" somebody shouted from behind. I looked down and saw that it was Rian's guy friend. He positioned the bow and arrow I didn't know he was holding at me.

I got shocked. So that's why he looked familiar. He was the human that saw us hunting years ago.... A young vampire annihilator. Wait, if he's Rian's friend, could Rian have told him.... about me, and the other vampires?

For now, until nothing is cleared out, I'll trust that Rian did not spill it to his annihilator friend. I jumped down and away from the guy before his arrow touched my skin. After running a few miles ahead, I heard sobbing from a corner. I looked and it was Mema.

"Mema?! What the hell?! Everyone's looking for you! Why didn't you come back!" I pulled her by the arm. She lets go and hugs me instead.

"I... like you Vlad..."

I pushed her off of me and dragged her back to the cave. I showed him to the King.

"I found the gongju Doryeonim." I bowed. But before I could completely touch the ground, Mema pulled me in and kissed me on the lips. My eyes widened in shocked and I pushed her off me.

"Why did you kiss my daughter! Vladimir Chen! You disrespected the purity of my daughter in front of me! I command you to marry my daughter Emily!"

What?! Just because of a kiss?! But then, after all, The King lived a long long time ago, where purity is important for most families. Of course he's the King, I have to obey his orders! But what about.... Rian...

I pulled Mema in a farther part of our cave and spoke to her seriously.

"You planned this didn't you? You planned to kiss me in front of your dad so he can get mad and ask me to marry you!" I shouted.

"I don't know what you're talking about... I... like you so much that I can't control myself... But don't worry... You'll be happy once we get married... you be happy with me, and the ba-"

"Do not think about marrying me! Shut up! Just shut up!"

Unfortunately, Kumori saw us fighting and tried to back Mema away from me. She went back to the cave, and I came face to face with Kumori once again.

"You must be this smart huh? Befriending and protecting a human, and then kissing a princess just so you can be on a higher position than me! You've changed so much Vlad... What happened? You're not scared of me anymore?"

I glared at him and shooted invisible daggers.

"You're taking my position away from me, and worse, you're taking Mema away from me. Do you think this is right? To fight with your boss! Your creator?!"

I got confused with what he said.

"What creator?" I asked. He seemed shocked that he blurted that out too.

"Nothing.... But remember this Vladimir Chen... If I hear about you messing with the Gongju's feelings, I won't think twice about killing you, and your human friend." he eyed me once more before walking away.

What have I gotten myself into now?!

____________________________________________________________________________

A/N: Another tragic scene. Annoying bad vamps. XD Anyways, researched about Mema's name, and this is what I found out: (click the picture for more info)

Mema.12.png